PDA

View Full Version : News: SquareEnix register ''TR:Reflections'' in Europe!!

MissBrandy
28th Nov 2013, 16:51
YEEEEEAAA YUUHUU :D:D:D HIIIIIIIIIIII GUYYYSSS !!!

Today I'm glad to finally get some news about the sequel !!!
Square Enix registered the last 12 november TOMB RAIDER: Reflections in Europe ...and i'm not talking about Lara Croft: Reflections, i'm talking about TR.
Instead of lots of questions they receive about the next TR game, they said by now they won't share any info about but warn us to stay tuned on
7th December on VGX at SpikeTV !!!

We finally got to know something about the sequel !! YEEEY !!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

If somebody wants to know from where I've got the info, it's from a Spanish website (use Google to translate if want :D):
http://atomix.vg/2013/11/20/square-enix-registro-la-marca-tomb-raider-reflections-en-europa/

So what do you think guys?? Will be the final name of the Sequel ??
Can't wait to 7th dec !! :nut::nut:

Jurre
28th Nov 2013, 17:10
I heard rumours about the title 'Reflections' being registered in North America in march of this year, and in Europa this month, but those news sources always talked about 'Lara Croft: Reflections'... I thought it was another Guardian of Light style game.

But if it really is 'Tomb Raider Reflections' I guess we've got our name for TR10 :)

More info on the 7th will be a nice, albeit 1-2 days late, St. Nicholas gift :)

So, the acronym of the game will be 'TRR' ... the sound that a jackhammer makes :D

MissBrandy
28th Nov 2013, 17:28
I heard rumours about the title 'Reflections' being registered in North America in march of this year, and in Europa this month, but those news sources always talked about 'Lara Croft: Reflections'... I thought it was another Guardian of Light style game.

But if it really is 'Tomb Raider Reflections' I guess we've got our name for TR10 :)

More info on the 7th will be a nice, albeit 1-2 days late, St. Nicholas gift :)

I don't think they're waisting time working on some new GOL2 or just a DLC..
They're probably working only on the sequel.

It's not Lara Croft:Reflections (this has been registered months ago), it's Tomb Raider: Reflections ..(on 12 nov this year)
Maybe SE wanted to have both version registered ..:scratch:

This smells like it's the name of the next TR :D:D

Yea! a great St.Nicholas gift :naughty::naughty:
7DEC please come quick !!:nut:

So, the acronym of the game will be 'TRR' ...

Hmm TRR : Tomb Raider Reborn ; TRR: Tomb Raider Reflections :scratch::scratch::nut:

Driber
28th Nov 2013, 17:46
Link down.

TheNarrator
28th Nov 2013, 17:46
I've heared about that on some different websites but some of them say it is Lara Croft: Reflections and some say it is Tomb Raider: Reflections. So... what is it? ^^ TR: Reflections sounds much better, imo.

Driber, the link works fine for me.

Driber
28th Nov 2013, 17:56
Yeah, the "TR:Reflections" vs "LC:Reflections" confusion was already going on since the start when the latter was first registered.

So I wouldn't take this as "news" unless it would come from a reputable source. And of course nothing is ever official until it comes from CD or SE themselves ;)

---

It works now. Site might be getting hammered ATM, heh.

MissBrandy
28th Nov 2013, 18:06
@Driber: please don't ruin my hope :( :( :( ... Every little news means a lot for me sniff :(

Jurre
28th Nov 2013, 18:12
Either way, it won't be long before we'll see something I think... I mean it has been quite a while since TR9 came out. If this was Call of Duty or Assassins Creed -a.k.a. a yearly release series- then TR10 would only be about 4 months away...

I hope we'll see something on the 7th of december... maybe only a blurred picture or a teaser movie with nothing but dust clouds and sounds from the game... The less you see the sexier it is!

MissBrandy
28th Nov 2013, 18:18
maybe only a blurred picture

you're kidding :D:D

Driber
28th Nov 2013, 18:34
@Driber: please don't ruin my hope :( :( :( ... Every little news means a lot for me sniff :(

Hey, I'd be the last person to stand in the way of a fan's excitement. I love seeing people excited about TR, heh :D

Treeble
28th Nov 2013, 19:05
Hm, far as we know, they might just officially showcase the supposed PS4/X1 versions of Tomb Raider 2013. They've not made clear what to expect in December, but I'd bet my money on that instead of the much anticipated next game/spinoff reveal.

TheNarrator
28th Nov 2013, 19:41
Hm, far as we know, they might just officially showcase the supposed PS4/X1 versions of Tomb Raider 2013. They've not made clear what to expect in December, but I'd bet my money on that instead of the much anticipated next game/spinoff reveal.
I guess we will see something of both. It would be a bit strange if they would wait for the next year for the reveal since there is no big game event in near future and I also don't think they will let us wait until E3 2014 for some information. End of the year is always good for things like that.
And I mean, just showing the next-gen version of TR9 could be a bit of a disapointment for many people because it's actually just something we already know. Probably just the same game with better graphics and PC will still look the best. I also don't think there is that much interest in the next-gen version anyway because of that. At least if you compare it to the likely reveal of the sequel.
Yet, if they would combine the reveal of the next-gen version with the reveal of the sequel, lots of people might actually look forward to buy TR9 for next-gen, maybe because they haven't played it yet and kinda acquire a taste for it when they see an awesome artwork of the sequel or sth like that. :D

TranceTrouble
28th Nov 2013, 19:53
oeh sounds very interesting and promising.
looking forward to see what CD will come up with :D

make sure to also have a look into this post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1964272#post1964272) where among other TR news Driber nicely states a lot of articles of the news!

after reading some of the articles, i tend to find it unlikely to hear any news about TR10 just yet.
I do have a feeling though that they will announce a port for the next gen consoles, with maybe a little extra on the side for the older consoles. Maybe some extended single player campaign/tombs? :)

Jurre
28th Nov 2013, 20:38
you're kidding :D:D

Okay not a blurred picture but something that leaves a lot to the imagination, for now... :)

Rai
28th Nov 2013, 20:46
Where's the source of this name change? So, we have a Spanish site so called telling us of a registration of Tomb Raider: Reflections with nothing to back it up? The only sources I see is another reference to Lara Croft: Reflections registered on the same day as this 'new' trademark. I'm sorry to be so cynical, but I'm not believing anything that hasn't come from CD or SE.

MissBrandy
28th Nov 2013, 21:37
Hey, I'd be the last person to stand in the way of a fan's excitement. I love seeing people excited about TR, heh :D

tnx for you words :) Im not just exited, I'm like a bomb about to explode :lol:

________
Let's hope people ... I mean, I'm sure SE registered the new TR:Reflections and it's logically after all to want both LC:Reflections and TR:Reflections ...
But what we dont know if it's the final name of the sequel or it's for a completely other thing about (maybe DLC, but I dont believe they're working on dlc instead working on the next game) .
By the way my hopes are soooo big :)... Let's see what's going to happen 7th December

Rai
29th Nov 2013, 00:39
As I said in the name thread, Reflections just doesn't seem very adventure-y. Unless it's some obscure reference to something related to the mystery Lara will be trying to solve, it seems out of place. I just can't see it as the name for the sequel (though admittedly, having Tomb Raider in the title is better than Lara Croft...), maybe it's/they're some sort of extension, like the Gold levels for Core's TRs 1 and 2.

Chocolate_shake
29th Nov 2013, 06:08
Can't it be the gail simone comic coming out in feb ?

It all fits - Lara 'reflecting' on her experiences in Yamatai and setting up her future life

Marylinfill
29th Nov 2013, 10:38

It all fits - Lara 'reflecting' on her experiences in Yamatai and setting up her future life
I agree. I thought it's the name of the comic which sorta connects TR 2013 and the sequel. Let's hope CD will change the policy - do you remember the last time? :rolleyes: they were talking about upcoming game for months and when we were ready to have a meltdown they've showed us... a cover :lmao:
P.s. sorry for my English, I try to do my best :whistle:

Driber
29th Nov 2013, 12:23
Best way to avoid meltdowns: chillax and don't listen to gaming websites stating rumors as "facts" and just focus on what is said on the official channels ;)

pomeranianpuppy
29th Nov 2013, 13:13
I'd like flashbacks just to see Roth :)

Rai
29th Nov 2013, 19:56
It'll probably be reflections, like flashbacks. I guess they've come to a point where they can no longer move forward but have to look back. Flashbacks always equal psychological game play. May be it'll turn dark and go all 'Buffy'. Like they did to her and she woke up in a mental ward. Telling her that her vampire dreams are delusions. LOL

So, what you're saying is, you think it's some dlc, or perhaps some extra levels? Because I see your point of the meaning of Reflections. Which is partly why I'm convinced it can't be the sequel as this doesn't go with the concept of being the next chapter of Lara's development, as we've been told the sequel will show.

This is what I thought it was too, and it would fit. It's the description that was given, of being video game related that prompted people to believe it wasn't the comic/s.

Marylinfill
29th Nov 2013, 20:05
Friends, let's not forget about this quote from IGN:
"Square Enix has trademarked an unannounced game titled Lara Croft: Reflections in both the United States and Europe. As discovered by JunkieMonkeys and verified by IGN, the classification qualifies Reflections as, "Computer game software; computer games, consisting of computer software; video game software; video games, consisting of computer software," and more."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/lara-croft-reflections-trademarked-in-america-europe

Treeble
29th Nov 2013, 21:50
I still don't buy Reflections as the sequel. It's either a spinoff or an iOS game. More likely the latter. Much like Deus Ex: The Fall a couple of months back.

Psychomorph
29th Nov 2013, 23:06
"Reflections" sounds like a lot of drama. No thanks.

I hope they go for a title that reflects something adventurous and not psychological drama whining again. Please.

a_big_house
1st Dec 2013, 22:56
*cough* Title of the trailer :whistle: *cough*

larafan25
1st Dec 2013, 23:11
A title

for a trai-

ooooohhhhhhh

Turning Point

Crossroads

O

MFG..

If we got a trailer of... leik. What Lara did when she got off the island. How she coped or whatevzies. Would be cool.

a_big_house
1st Dec 2013, 23:20
:D

Rai
2nd Dec 2013, 00:28
Would CD/SE go to the trouble of trademarking a title for a trailer? Although, I think it kinda makes sense for a trailer to have that name than an actual game.

MissBrandy
2nd Dec 2013, 12:46
Reflections to be the name of the next game would be fine for me :) I like it.

Marylinfill
2nd Dec 2013, 14:07
Reflections to be the name of the next game would be fine for me :) I like it.
Me too, it reminds me of "Drake's deception". It has mystery and charm anyway :rolleyes:

BridgetFisher
3rd Dec 2013, 11:38
what if this isnt related to the games but like a book? or comic or something? Lara is multikajillion awesomesauce in so many mediums it could be anything, maybe a webisode series?

MissBrandy
3rd Dec 2013, 12:29
by now it's two options: Reflections for the upcoming comics series .... or for the sequel
Personally i think it's for the comic :)

Rai
21st Dec 2013, 11:36
So I'm adding this is here as I ddin't know where else to put this. I kinda of figured a new thread would probably be merged anyhoo.

So someone over on TRF posted this gem:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=6965392&postcount=19

Is this for real? Can someone confirm this? Or is it an elaborate hoax (a really good one)?

Jurre
21st Dec 2013, 11:47
Looks like something fan-made to me...

Rai
21st Dec 2013, 12:00
^Well they're saying it is a game. So you're saying the game is fan made or the image? I wouldn't know where to search for something like that to prove it even exists. I don't own an apple product.

Edit: A facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LaraCroftReflections) and the Australian Apple app store page (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/lara-croft-reflections/id629879164?mt=8)

Jurre
21st Dec 2013, 12:08
The artwork looks fan made to me - it is in the style of Underworld with a touch of Guardian of Light, I can't imagine why Crystal D at this point would want to put forward an image of Lara that is pre-reboot.

As for the game, I don't know... Is it supposed to be a game for on a cellphone or something?

Rai
21st Dec 2013, 12:15
It's for mobiles/ipads apparently.

MeaganMarie
21st Dec 2013, 12:51
It's for mobiles/ipads apparently.

Yep - I can confirm that Lara Croft: Reflections is official - currently being tested in New Zealand and Australia prior to an anticipated release in Q1 next year. Lara Croft: Reflections is being developed by Square Enix Japan (Smile Lab) and RenRen Games, and is a turn-based card battle game. The adventure doesn’t take place in the core Tomb Raider universe or timeline; it’s more of a nostalgic Lara Croft experience. We’ll have more details on the game as it gets closer to launch. :)

I'm off on my holiday break with the family - I hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time with friends, family, games, pets...and so on. :p

Rai
21st Dec 2013, 12:56
(Again) thank you for the confirmation, Meagan. :flowers:

Happy Holidays to you and yours too :D

Jurre
21st Dec 2013, 13:21
For once, Australia doesn't get the shaft when it comes to exclusives and stuff.

Happy holidays to you as well, miss Marie :)

Shaikh
21st Dec 2013, 14:31
I'm off on my holiday break with the family - I hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time with friends, family, games, pets...and so on. :p
Happy Holiday Meagan. :flowers:

I will enjoy my time in the Tomb Raider Multiplayer universe. :D

VaBanes
21st Dec 2013, 17:55

Yeah, happy holiday Meagan! :)

Is there someone who's actually looking forward to buy that game?

dark7angel
21st Dec 2013, 17:57
Happy Holidays, Meagan!

And thanks for letting us know what Reflections was all about! :)

MissBrandy
21st Dec 2013, 19:33
I was expecting something bigger for LC:Reflections like the new comic or a trailer name ...but now I can only say : WTH :lol:

RybatGrimes
21st Dec 2013, 21:08
I like the artwork for it all, but other than that, It seems a little boring, but then again I've never played anything like it, so it could be fun. Although I probably won't ever get the chance since it's only for apple products. :\

Jurre
23rd Dec 2013, 14:40
IlnYDBV2wLU#t=177

I think the visuals look beautiful and capture the spirit of an old fashioned jungle adventure. But card games are not for me. If it was a downloadable 2-d sidescroller, I would get that immediately.

CakeLuv
23rd Dec 2013, 18:33
Still better than a poker game released for PSvita. :I

TranceTrouble
23rd Dec 2013, 19:58
hmm i have the feeling it will be ok for about a hour, i personally am quickly bored cardgames on devices :p

Treeble
23rd Dec 2013, 21:29
That actually looks quite interesting! Far more simplistic than I would have hoped, but considering it's even F2P it looks like it could be fun. :)

Also, hoping we can get our hands on the amazing artwork featured in it.

TheNarrator
25th Dec 2013, 18:45
I actually thought this Reflections thing would be something more "bigger" than just a digital card game.

I need real news! News about the sequel! xD

nevillet
27th Dec 2013, 06:24
I'm about 3 hours of gameplay into it and it's actually not bad. A little repetitive maybe. Best of all, it's a free download - looks like you just pay if you want to buy "rare" cards, extra upgrades etc...

kiadaw
27th Dec 2013, 09:31
Not big on card game. I would rather a simple point & click adventure game.

Lukass
27th Dec 2013, 11:33
What a massive let down :/

Jurre
27th Dec 2013, 12:01
Not big on card game. I would rather a simple point & click adventure game.

Good idea! That would be fun. Or an old fashioned 2D sidescroller. There could be a Lara Croft series made up of smaller games that are released inbetween the releases of the bigger TR games...

kiadaw
27th Dec 2013, 18:04
Lara Croft & the guardian of light is so good, why they do not make a sequal?

nevillet
27th Dec 2013, 19:01

Lots of people banging on that drum. We really, really, Really, REALLY wish they would....

Psychomorph
27th Dec 2013, 20:23
Good idea! That would be fun. Or an old fashioned 2D sidescroller. There could be a Lara Croft series made up of smaller games that are released inbetween the releases of the bigger TR games...

Tomb Raider Anniversary, was so good, why they make no sequel to that? Oh wait...

Jurre
27th Dec 2013, 20:27

Lots of people banging on that drum. We really, really, Really, REALLY wish they would....

Well... Guardian of Light I think was made to ease the long waiting inbetween Underworld and TR9. So maybe... just maybe, the fact that they're not making another game like that means that TR10 is not more than a year or so away. :)