PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Japan?

spliph
21st Nov 2013, 23:06
Seriously... the only trace of Japan that I saw in DX:HR was at the beginning where a camera lens had "Made in Japan" engraved on it. You would think the country known to be the most technologically advanced would have played more a part than they did. Are they on the verge of sinking? In 2025, have the Japanese almost gone extinct due to not reproducing enough?

What happened to Japan?

THC 303
22nd Nov 2013, 00:15
tokyo hub would be cool in dx4

Jito463
25th Nov 2013, 07:30
No idea, but it wasn't in the original DX, either. Just US, China & Paris (iirc, been a while since my last play through...must remedy that).

sadmachine
25th Nov 2013, 22:04
What happened to Idaho? They still got potatoes?

JCpies
25th Nov 2013, 22:56
They have a corporation called Kusanagi if I recall...

(Japan, not Idaho)

Tverdyj
25th Nov 2013, 23:23
from the Deus Ex Continuity Bible: http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx/bible/

Japan is only now pulling out of a depression that began with the collapse of its economy at the turn of the century. However, the fierce independence of the Japanese allowed them to put off Majestic 12 overtures and resist conspiratorial pressures. Japan remains independent though, sadly, not much of a factor in world affairs. The conspiracy continues to make overtures, but to no avail. It remains to be seen whether Japan can remain independent and emerge as a world power once again.

Hmm, okay. So how about Asia? Anything interesting happen over there?
Well, it finally happened: India and Pakistan fired nukes at each other. It was this combined with the collapse of India's economy that made them join China. Quite simply, India needed the money; they were the ones hit hardest by the plagues, and they simply had no choice but to join China if they wanted to survive the diseases. Other countries in Southeast Asia gave in as well, trading their freedom for medical supplies. China, under the control of MJ12, was essentially untouched by the events of the rest of the world and, after finally pulling its act together, managed to become the major world power. However, it still cannot control its own cities.

Hong Kong remains free, and even though the forces of both the Chinese Government and MJ12 are against them, they remain free to pursue business ventures of all manner of illegalness. Japan is still pulling out of an economic crash and, though free of MJ12, is fairly useless.

Russia is, like South America, controlled by crime bosses, not MJ12. They are too fragmented to launch an organized attack on anyone, but with the help of Mexico, they were able to launch a semi-successful disorganized attack on Texas, one of the most divided states in the US.

spliph
30th Jun 2014, 03:10
from the Deus Ex Continuity Bible: http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx/bible/

Japan is only now pulling out of a depression that began with the collapse of its economy at the turn of the century. However, the fierce independence of the Japanese allowed them to put off Majestic 12 overtures and resist conspiratorial pressures. Japan remains independent though, sadly, not much of a factor in world affairs. The conspiracy continues to make overtures, but to no avail. It remains to be seen whether Japan can remain independent and emerge as a world power once again.

Hmm, okay. So how about Asia? Anything interesting happen over there?
Well, it finally happened: India and Pakistan fired nukes at each other. It was this combined with the collapse of India's economy that made them join China. Quite simply, India needed the money; they were the ones hit hardest by the plagues, and they simply had no choice but to join China if they wanted to survive the diseases. Other countries in Southeast Asia gave in as well, trading their freedom for medical supplies. China, under the control of MJ12, was essentially untouched by the events of the rest of the world and, after finally pulling its act together, managed to become the major world power. However, it still cannot control its own cities.

Hong Kong remains free, and even though the forces of both the Chinese Government and MJ12 are against them, they remain free to pursue business ventures of all manner of illegalness. Japan is still pulling out of an economic crash and, though free of MJ12, is fairly useless.

Russia is, like South America, controlled by crime bosses, not MJ12. They are too fragmented to launch an organized attack on anyone, but with the help of Mexico, they were able to launch a semi-successful disorganized attack on Texas, one of the most divided states in the US.
So, according to what the Deus Ex Bible states, Japan is the only country that truly retained its independence (not run by MJ12 or criminal bosses; not being pressured by MJ12/the Chinese Government, like Hong Kong), civility, and unity (unlike America, Japan stayed united and didn't branch out into city-states, based on what the DX Bible states). In the end, Japan didn't really win (highly influential superpower, like China) or lose (controlled by MJ12, like China), amirite?

I think it would be cool to visit Japan, with it being one of the only truly independent nations left.

WildcatPhoenix
30th Jun 2014, 04:17
So, according to what the Deus Ex Bible states, Japan is the only country that truly retained its independence (not run by MJ12 or criminal bosses; not being pressured by MJ12/the Chinese Government, like Hong Kong), civility, and unity (unlike America, Japan stayed united and didn't branch out into city-states, based on what the DX Bible states). In the end, Japan didn't really win (highly influential superpower, like China) or lose (controlled by MJ12, like China), amirite?

I think it would be cool to visit Japan, with it being one of the only truly independent nations left.

It's not professionally-made and certainly has some flaws, but the RedSun2020 mod for DX1 was set exclusively in Japan. And, for what it's worth, if we ever get a chance to mod a new DX title, my own mod story will feature a significant amount of missions in Japan as well.

But seriously, there is nothing more cyberpunk than Tokyo. Yakuza, neon jungles, super hi-tech, Harajuku girls, all of it is essential to the cyberpunk aesthetic. I'm kinda shocked we haven't seen a mission set there in three (four, counting The Fall, if you must) Deus Ex releases.

Dr Savage
26th Jul 2014, 19:48
Not really. Japan has the cyber(the high tech) but it doesn't have the punk (the grime, poverty, wealth inequality etc)

WildcatPhoenix
26th Jul 2014, 20:43
Not really. Japan has the cyber(the high tech) but it doesn't have the punk (the grime, poverty, wealth inequality etc)

Ehhh, not really. Per wiki:

The economic and technological state of Japan in the 80s influenced Cyberpunk literature at the time. Of Japan's influence on the genre, William Gibson said, "Modern Japan simply was cyberpunk."

Dr Savage
26th Jul 2014, 20:54
Yes Japan of that era, not now. Japan became a very clean sanitized country in the 90's, even in a post-Fukushima world the social decay that is inherent to the genre is gone. Honestly the most Cyberpunk locals of today are places like Brazil, India, South Africa, Venezuela and China.

Although I guess you could argue that the "loneliness in a crowd" emotional core of cyberpunk is still alive and well in Japan.

WildcatPhoenix
26th Jul 2014, 22:01
Yes Japan of that era, not now. Japan became a very clean sanitized country in the 90's, even in a post-Fukushima world the social decay that is inherent to the genre is gone. Honestly the most Cyberpunk locals of today are places like Brazil, India, South Africa, Venezuela and China.

Although I guess you could argue that the "loneliness in a crowd" emotional core of cyberpunk is still alive and well in Japan.

None of which is to say that the Japan of 2027 or the 2050s would be exactly like the Japan of 2014.

Dr Savage
26th Jul 2014, 22:34
Well that depends on how you look at it, Deus ex has always veered more towards the sci-fi that's uses the future to extrapolate issues in current society rather than an actual speculative forecast (Spector's game moreso than the others though).

Fact of the matter though is that Japan is basically written off from the Deus Ex lore and replaced with China (probably due to the fact that cyberpunk fiction is oversaturated with Japanese imagery)

OneUp77
27th Jul 2014, 19:27
Japan goes to war over those islands and loses badly despite remilitarization, China invades Japan and overthrows the government, a war of resistence against the Chinese military is raging on.

That could be an interesting story in the Deus Ex timeline.

imported_Adam_Jensen
1st Aug 2014, 00:19
2027 Japan is actually quite a nice holiday destination

Miyavi
4th Oct 2014, 04:25
Seriously... the only trace of Japan that I saw in DX:HR was at the beginning where a camera lens had "Made in Japan" engraved on it. You would think the country known to be the most technologically advanced would have played more a part than they did. Are they on the verge of sinking? In 2025, have the Japanese almost gone extinct due to not reproducing enough?

What happened to Japan?

Japan, or a large portion of japanese population def. seemed to have been around, lol b/c of the final fantasy poster >.>

that means theyre in a decent environment to still have game companies develope games lol,

a realistic future of japan and asian countries is a merge, horrible war/natural catastrophe, they build some super structure like in hengsha, living in underwater/overwater cities, or japan merging w/ an american local

def. could be an awesome setting in future games,

Mousehunt
4th Oct 2014, 04:58
I would love some Japan missions. I would love any more Deus Ex missions actually. Remember the good old days of expansions?

What I really liked about Deus Ex 1 locations, they actually felt like super secret bases and laboratories. HR seemed like lots of hallways...

How old is this thread. Last year?

Miyavi
4th Oct 2014, 18:54
I would love some Japan missions. I would love any more Deus Ex missions actually. Remember the good old days of expansions?

What I really liked about Deus Ex 1 locations, they actually felt like super secret bases and laboratories. HR seemed like lots of hallways...

How old is this thread. Last year?

Man, I gotta make it through DX1, maybe it gets better after Liberty Island? Maybe the third time will the one.

B/c I feel the fema facility, wasn't a place you were supposed to be, same thing with Tai Yong Medical, or how creepy it was to go to the television station and see it empty(although I doubt they would have had npcs going about, which would be cool like a hitman absolution feeling of crowded environments, nah they wouldnt have done that),

Shralla
4th Oct 2014, 19:35
Man, I gotta make it through DX1, maybe it gets better after Liberty Island?

I find it difficult to believe that you haven't been told that by everybody who's ever played it. Everybody knows that for people who aren't "into" Deus Ex, Liberty Island is a rough start to the game.

Miyavi
4th Oct 2014, 20:49
I find it difficult to believe that you haven't been told that by everybody who's ever played it. Everybody knows that for people who aren't "into" Deus Ex, Liberty Island is a rough start to the game.

I actually haven't, lol kinda makes me wanna go just tackle it and maybe I'll enjoy the game.

Started up an LP for it, but I'm to into HR atm, having an HR crave, watching LP and playing game.

Funny I was thinking about uploading a video of liberty Island, and trying to explain what I don't like about the mechanics, as I've heard many others talk about the same things.

Although, I do understand that its due to the technology of the time.

Love the lore though!

Mousehunt
5th Oct 2014, 01:27
The technology of the time is meaningless once you get into DX1. The real world falls away like a pale shadow of the real one; Deus Ex.

10 years later still no one has created a better videogame, they're probably getting worse at it if anything.

Player Choice is the key word here I think. Deus Ex1 lets you decide, everything.

CyberP
5th Oct 2014, 03:03
the technology of the time.

The game mechanics were not particularly restricted by the tech: today's engines have not added a whole lot to gameplay potential. Deus Ex is one of the most interactive games of all time whilst modern games emulate movies more than anything, you may or may not have noticed. There was certainly instances of design restricted by tech of course but most of what you have an issue with is likely pure design decisions. Grand design is what it is, you obviously just need a perspective slap, unless you are not specifically talking about game mechanics but the animations and such tied to them.

Mousehunt
5th Oct 2014, 04:39
We can only pity the poor people Cyber that havn't played DX and broken free of the dull mediocrity of this world.

Tiny, weak humans.

Like being unplugged from the Matrix man. It's the lie that's been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth people! Revolt!

CyberP
5th Oct 2014, 04:48
Heh, not sure if sarcastic satire. Deus Ex is ******* fantastic and highly relevant, as far as art goes anyway, and I do wish more people would play & understand it, but if art has the ability to "disconnect you from the matrix" then much sci-fi should share credit for this...though maybe Deus Ex is the most informative of all, if you can separate the fact amongst all the fiction.

CyberP
5th Oct 2014, 04:53
I actually haven't, lol kinda makes me wanna go just tackle it and maybe I'll enjoy the game.

Started up an LP for it

Drop the LP. It will interfere with your thought processes. The game demands your full attention, and it deserves it too.

Miyavi
6th Oct 2014, 01:38
LoL I'm outnumbered by die hard fans. Kinda funny, since I really like HR.

There was certainly instances of design restricted by tech of course but most of what you have an issue with is likely pure design decisions. Grand design is what it is, you obviously just need a perspective slap, unless you are not specifically talking about game mechanics but the animations and such tied to them.

Sigh. I mention this in another post. I know you wouldn't know that, but I suppose its just easier to assume the worst when someone dislikes something you love.

It's technical, which means I don't hate the game, but I understand its from a different time. Could less about the blocky art of that time, I've loved and played many games that looked like that.

FrankCSIS
6th Oct 2014, 03:18
You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not from a different time, it's a different approach to the type of experience you wish to convey. You can't say its design and mechanics are from a specific era, because there weren't really any games like it at the time. This is specifically why so many people gave up the game during Liberty Island. Anyone who has ever played it when it came out has recommended it to friends who never got past the first level. They were expecting Half Life. They got something completely unique, which takes time to get into.

Once, and if, you get into it though, it's an entirely different experience. It has its flaws, and the original blueprint was not perfect, but you can tell we are looking at a completely different type and understanding of interactivity, more akin to literature than movies. Two structures, with two approaches regarding how it deals with the player.

AdrianShephard
6th Oct 2014, 03:44
You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not from a different time, it's a different approach to the type of experience you wish to convey.

Excellent way of putting it.

Miyavi
6th Oct 2014, 05:45
You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not from a different time, it's a different approach to the type of experience you wish to convey. You can't say its design and mechanics are from a specific era, because there weren't really any games like it at the time.

I'm not talking design. I'm talking technical limitations.

When I shoot someone with a sniper in the head, they shouldn't run off and hit an alarm.

When I prod one guy in the ass and he falls down, then prod another in the ass(same type of guard) and he stands there taking 2 more charges in the ass, no wait, I even took a different approach, b/c I can think, so prod another guard in the ass and he stands there shaking, then tranq him, all of a sudden hes no longer affected by the prod, and he runs off to hit the alarm before he falls down from the tranq.

That's technical, not design. Hit box w/ the prod. And timers w/ the tranq. B/c in some instances id tranq a guard he would run then fall in a much shorter time than another.

Also, prodding someone, then shooting them in the face at point blank range then having them run off, take 5 bullets to the back is technical, when I shoot another guard in the face twice and he dies. That's all numbers.

And if they chose to do this by design, then you tell me thats good, then I disagree. These are things that have happened to me while trying the game twice.

Its annoying. I understand you have to raise the skill level, but point blank in the head while your shaking from being shocked is just horrible coding, which I would credit to the coding and tech, more than the devs, to be nice.

Makes the game more objective, and less immersive. I like more immersive experiences, which can be offered by the tech today.

The feeling of sneaking past guards raiding the pods, picking them off one by w/ nice silenced pistol head shots, and slipping by others is immersive, I felt like a bad ass. :D

I felt like a moron in Deus Ex, where I'm doing things that makes sense and the results aren't logical, wasn't fun. Not blaming the devs, it was a product of its time, and people back then accepted it, what could you do? So if you did manage to trudge through it, you became attached to it.

CyberP
6th Oct 2014, 06:40
All that you just criticised was not a result of technical limitations. Furthermore most of it was inaccurate.

Its annoying. I understand you have to raise the skill level, but point blank in the head while your shaking from being shocked

A lot of what you said was inaccurate, this however is an exception. It can be considered a bug, a minor flaw: Stunned (riot prod) multiplier overrides all other multipliers including headshot multipliers. It is indeed immersion-breaking but to dismiss the game on this alone (every other point you made is invalid and I am in no mood to explain why right now) is, well, a freshman mistake.

Miyavi
6th Oct 2014, 07:05
A lot of what you said was inaccurate, this however is an exception. It can be considered a bug, a minor flaw: Stunned (riot prod) multiplier overrides all other multipliers including headshot multipliers. It is indeed immersion-breaking but to dismiss the game on this alone (every other point you made is invalid and I am in no mood to explain why right now) is, well, a freshman mistake.

Your saying what I experienced is inaccurate? Really?

And bugs, depending on how they impact the game can ruin the game for most people. In this case, If I do something logical and something completely illogical happens, in more than one instance under the same circumstances, its no fun.

Mousehunt
6th Oct 2014, 08:59
Whatevs :cool:

Had too much fun playin DX, care not.

Miyavi
6th Oct 2014, 10:18
Whatevs :cool:

Had too much fun playin DX, care not.

That's the thing though lol, hey, I'm glad you loved it, and people love it, its why we have HR.

It's just not for everyone, nor should everyone see it as the better game.

CyberP
6th Oct 2014, 16:54
When I shoot someone with a sniper in the head, they shouldn't run off and hit an alarm.

This never happened, you obviously missed the head. A headshot with the snipe is an instant kill to all unaugmented
enemies even at untrained skill. With the riot prod multiplier override bug it is still 100 damage untrained, so enough to kill all unaugmented enemies in one.
It is also worth pointing out that Barrett and heavy belltower take hails of bullets to the exposed head. Dermal armour or not it is unrealistic, but the same is true of augmented enemies in DX.
Gameplay is more important than immersion, but more helmets used by NPCs in both games would have helped.

When I prod one guy in the ass and he falls down, then prod another in the ass(same type of guard) and he stands there taking 2 more charges in the ass, no wait, I even took a different approach, b/c I can think, so prod another guard in the ass and he stands there shaking, then tranq him, all of a sudden hes no longer affected by the prod,

The prod has issues, yes. It doesn't make or break the game though and it is less problematic than HR's candy bar-charged time stopping overpowered takedowns.

and he runs off to hit the alarm before he falls down from the tranq.

There is nothing wrong with tranqs dealing damage over time.

That's technical, not design. Hit box w/ the prod. And timers w/ the tranq.

It is the technicalities of design.

Also, prodding someone, then shooting them in the face at point blank range then having them run off, take 5 bullets to the back is technical, when I shoot another guard in the face twice and he dies. That's all numbers.

Design.

And if they chose to do this by design, then you tell me thats good, then I disagree. These are things that have happened to me while trying the game twice.

Its annoying. I understand you have to raise the skill level, but point blank in the head while your shaking from being shocked is just horrible coding, which I would credit to the coding and tech, more than the devs, to be nice.

I cannot make excuses for the prod. Everything else there is no issue here.
This happened to and annoyed you twice? Maybe you should open your eyes. DX has plenty minor flaws, but HR has plenty major. The game isn't on the original's level, as much as I wish it were.

and less immersive. I like more immersive experiences, which can be offered by the tech today.

You new-age ***s that throw around the word immersion are an insult. You a Heresy alt?

AdrianShephard
6th Oct 2014, 17:18
Your saying what I experienced is inaccurate? Really?

And bugs, depending on how they impact the game can ruin the game for most people. In this case, If I do something logical and something completely illogical happens, in more than one instance under the same circumstances, its no fun.

I would really pay attention to what CyberP says. He knows the ins and outs as well as the "technical limitations" in DX because of his modding experience. I see that you are new here (maybe you lurked a bit before), but I suggests you read his Advancement Mod thread that neatly summarizes all of the bugs in vanilla DX and how he fixes them. I know a lot of times you get people on forums that act like they know everything, etc., but CyberP has actually done work that you can check out yourself. My point is that he isn't a random dude on the internet telling you that you are wrong...he is a random dude on the internet with a boatload of experience that you can verify telling you that you are wrong.

Most of what you describe are not technical limitations, they are design issues. Before you claim something is a technical issue, do research and find out if a game mod (a relatively simple one) fixed the problem; usually that will be all the info you need.

Makes the game more objective, and less immersive. I like more immersive experiences, which can be offered by the tech today.

...more objective, and less immersive.... immersive experiences, which can be offered by the tech today.

immersive experiences...tech today.

immersive

*facepalm*

Miyavi
7th Oct 2014, 04:21
I see that you are new here (maybe you lurked a bit before), but I suggests you read his Advancement Mod thread that neatly summarizes all of the bugs in vanilla DX and how he fixes them.

A rallying statement, Building comrade type of tactic.

So your saying, the things I mentioned weren't technical issues at all and only design choices?

Although, I believe distance, hit boxes, and specific responses are apart technical issues, they also can be design choices. The design is then affected by the tech.

But lets make easy. If you guys think its purely design. Then okay, its design flaw when a player does the same thing to the same type of enemy the same way, but gets different results. Ex. I prod one char in the back, he falls, and I do the same to the other, he doesn't. Not fun. It's that simple.[/QUOTE]

CyberP
7th Oct 2014, 04:43
Then okay, its design flaw when a player does the same thing to the same type of enemy the same way, but gets different results. Ex. I prod one char in the back, he falls, and I do the same to the other, he doesn't. Not fun. It's that simple.

I never addressed the point on collision inconsistencies of the prod because I haven't actually looked into it. Something to do.
This one could actually be technical in nature, but if so it's likely a simple problem with a simple alternate solution. Alternatively it could be purely design related: you may have noticed that the prod uses the unique accuracy system, so it is likely you just needed to upgrade your low-tech skill.
Ultimately I cannot say for sure what type of issue this is (or if it is even an issue at all) without checking it out, which I will do tomorrow because if there is an issue I'd like to fix it.

Anyhow, yes, everything else was of design.

CyberP
7th Oct 2014, 05:02
A rallying statement, Building comrade tactic.

Most of us hate each other here but unite when true heathens are to be purged. Fight your corner well, heathen!

In all seriousness, welcome. Be warned though, the die-hard HR fans don't seem to last long, whilst the DX1 fans remain. What does that tell you?

How loyal are you to your beloved compromising corporate-born product, heathen?

*smirks*

AdrianShephard
7th Oct 2014, 05:49
A rallying statement, Building comrade type of tactic.

I'm no expert on gameplay mechanics, but I'll take his word on what's design/technical over yours seeing as he has the experience. Call that camaraderie or whatever you want, but there are some things you list that even I know are design issues.

Miyavi
11th Oct 2014, 03:10
I'm no expert on gameplay mechanics, but I'll take his word on what's design/technical over yours seeing as he has the experience. Call that camaraderie or whatever you want, but there are some things you list that even I know are design issues.

Which?

AdrianShephard
11th Oct 2014, 23:12
Which?

This will be much more productive if you give a detailed explanation of why you think the problem is technical and not design (i.e. how the devs wanted/coded for it). For example:

Hopefully while you are writing your response you'll realize the hit multipliers etc. were coded for. How the numbers add up is the result of how the code dictates it to be. I would do some more research on the topic or lurk on the more technical gaming boards.

Miyavi
12th Oct 2014, 02:03
This will be much more productive if you give a detailed explanation of why you think the problem is technical and not design (i.e. how the devs wanted/coded for it). For example:

I gave more than enough. Didn't you mention commonsense in another thread?

[QUOTE=Adrian Shephard;2039042]Hopefully while you are writing your response you'll realize the hit multipliers etc. were coded for.

Maybe its your wording, but I'm not quite sure what this means, I'm no grammar Natzi, its just a bit confusing...

you meant, "why they were coded?" I bet you'll explain what multipliers are, like you've done w/ many other obvious terms in other post that aren't worthy of a logical response

How the numbers add up is the result of how the code dictates it to be. I would do some more research on the topic or lurk on the more technical gaming boards.

As I mentioned before, tech dictates the design. Just as you hear meany devs mention limitations today w/ modern tech. I do like how you assume I'm illiterate in the field of technology, very interesting.

Basically I gave you examples of situations, and you can't come to the conclusion to whether or not 'YOU' personally think they're technical or design problems, and your hoping for back, more or so CypberP to come along and tag team comments w/ you.

Only one person mentioned something about effects being overridden, but thats not really the issue, the problem lies with a tranq dart overriding an enemy in a shocked state, allowing them(instantly) to run away and set off an alarm.

This example is more than enough for you to make your bias distinction of design vs tech. As its happened more than once, b/c I tested the scenario, this incident may very well be design, or else why would they do that? Someone's in a shocked state, they don't run off after being tranquilized.

As for the hit boxes, something that should be as precise as possible, I'd lean more to tech not recognizing the area being repeatedly targeted but giving different results.

AdrianShephard
12th Oct 2014, 04:02
I won't respond to the personal attacks since they most likely arise from some sort of complex that I triggered when I agreed with CyberP.

Maybe its your wording, but I'm not quite sure what this means, I'm no grammar Natzi [sic], its just a bit confusing...

you meant, "why they were coded?"

Is English your primary language? I don't want to get into semantics, but apart from a comma that should've been included, that sentence is grammatically correct.

Only one person mentioned something about effects being overridden, but thats not really the issue, the problem lies with a tranq dart overriding an enemy in a shocked state, allowing them(instantly) to run away and set off an alarm.

I would venture to guess that the devs didn't code for the special case where the "shocked" animation was coupled with the "tranq" animation, so the game displays whatever came later. I still don't see where the technical limitation is here...which leads me to question if you even know what that means.

As for the hit boxes, something that should be as precise as possible, I'd lean more to tech not recognizing the area being repeatedly targeted but giving different results.

Small shortcomings in the code are not indicative of technological limitations. Hit boxes are fixed all the time with small patches, especially in games like Call of Duty. What the hell is Google again?

God help you because I'm not wasting anymore time arguing on this matter.

ArcR
17th Oct 2014, 04:51
Toyko is the perfect candidate for a major hub in DX4.

Tech Capital
Power Capital
Subway System
Global Hub
Unique aesthetic that has recived DX-like/cyberpunk treatment many times
On a bay (think ports, warehouse district, etc)
A palethora of subcultures (including organized crime)

It might even help that SquareEnix is headquarted there.

I am prejudiced in favor of Japan though.

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not from a different time, it's a different approach to the type of experience you wish to convey.... Once, and if, you get into it though, it's an entirely different experience....

:thumb: I used to think people just needed to try it to become completely immeresed and love it. Way wrong. Now I belive that it's a more matter of disposition.