PDA

View Full Version : Messege to Square Enix

Smoke43
21st Nov 2013, 19:13
Here who thinks that Square Enix Owners of Eidos Montreal should put more resources and better tools on games developed by Eidos Montreal. Because if you hear the developer comments of Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors cut the dev team cut alot of content like the india map or Utah map or Upper hensha map and a bigger Detroit and Megan Reed being in Panchea to the end i think if this was put in the game it would have been cool and double of current game. Come on Square Enix are the one of the best companies to make games but please look out for your sub companies they are all very talent people and make sacrifices to their lifes to complete a game. Developers have passion to make games but if you worry about money then you need to hire some one else manage the company and make it profitable.

Shralla
22nd Nov 2013, 01:12
I'm not convinced Eidos Montreal would put more resources towards anything other than giving us more takedown animations.

Smoke43
22nd Nov 2013, 01:24
I'm not convinced Eidos Montreal would put more resources towards anything other than giving us more takedown animations.

Its sad that always the first game in the series of any game is the best. Like Deus Ex 1 is the best Deus Ex game Invisible war was good but not good as the 1 and Human Revolution was close as good as 1 but its much farther than the gameplay of Deus Ex 1.

Smoke43
22nd Nov 2013, 01:33

I personally wish Eidos Montreal takes notice that they lack resources and man power it has been stated on the developer comments they cut alot of stuff which made the game interesting. and 4 year development cycle for a game takes its toll because the game has to be profitable so it can pay of all the employees who worked on the game. Eidos needs to reduce development time and start hiring more people. Because its almost 2014 for a game to take 4 years to make its kind a question everyone would ask what the hell they would doing in 4 years. For a game like Human Revolution i bet less than 80 worked on it today games more than 200 work on a gameFor me Deus ex HR was not a game developed in 4 years its less i know this because i developed custom games for certain disclosed people.

Shralla
22nd Nov 2013, 01:35
Its sad that always the first game in the series of any game is the best.

Thankfully that is not always the case. Arkham City was absolutely better than Arkham Asylum, for instance. Borderlands 2 was better than Borderlands. It's just that so often, companies don't see the room to improve, or if they do, they choose to ignore it.

CyberP
22nd Nov 2013, 01:45
Thankfully that is not always the case. Arkham City was absolutely better than Arkham Asylum, for instance. Borderlands 2 was better than Borderlands. It's just that so often, companies don't see the room to improve, or if they do, they choose to ignore it.

Or they intentionally make it "accessible" in the blind pursuit of maximized profits, lets not forget.

Eidos needs to reduce development time and start hiring more people.

No and no.

More people is definitely bad. There already is ~100 employees on the DX team. Anything else they need they can outsource to me ;)
Less dev time, you don't know if that is necessary.

4 years dev time for DX:HR is questionable when you look at the final product but maybe they just went through tough times, went back to the drawing board or whatever. I'd like them to have as long as they need to make the best game they possibly can, but it doesn't work like that. 4 years given by Square Enix is reasonable, however. You mention cut content you would have liked to experience (as would I) yet you think less dev time and more workers is the solution? Sounds like the solution for a bad game to me.

Psychomorph
22nd Nov 2013, 01:59
Messege to Square Enix:

Dear Squwaaaafttt#@&001001... [error, decryption failure] ...010#0@&01#swwuaancerely your Psychomorph

Edit: Damn, something went wrong. I try to fix this, but it doesn't work. :scratch:

Shralla
22nd Nov 2013, 05:08
Or they intentionally make it "accessible" in the blind pursuit of maximized profits, lets not forget.

I appreciate what you're getting at, but neither of the games I mentioned suffered from that particular downfall (in comparison to the first games in the series, of course).

CyberP
22nd Nov 2013, 05:32
I appreciate what you're getting at, but neither of the games I mentioned suffered from that particular downfall (in comparison to the first games in the series, of course).

DX:HR.

In "the making of Deus Ex:HR", a developer (or the producer, Stephane. Not sure, you only hear his voice) mentions that they wanted to appeal to casual gamers. I still hold the belief that this actually lost them sales (as well as just hurting the quality of the game itself and players such as ourselves obviously).
Regen Health and plenty more simplified or outright omitted game systems most notably.

Somewhat on topic: DX4 concept art doesn't give me much hope for the art style, though it looks slightly more varied in colour at least, an improvement. That said hopefully there's a good balance of copy n paste of art assets from HR to DX4, and more of the meshes/objects being made interactive in the process. Copying only If these assets are suitable for the setting that is (concept art says yes).

Copy n paste does have it's place, I say pre-emptively in case anyone wants to get into that discussion.

Edit: Wrong thread, not on topic at all. Oh well.