PDA

View Full Version : I drink on the job

BridgetFisher
21st Nov 2013, 18:53
When I play Deus Ex as the Head of Security for Sarif Industries I always have wine, beer, or *bleh* whiskey in my inventory. Every now and then while playing, Adam Jensen likes to chill out, sit at a table with some other people, maybe stand among a group drink some and just hang out as a break from being a cybernetic killing machine. Working for Sarif industries is tough, all those emails all the time, those dang humanists vs transhumanists, gotta take a break now and then. After a few beers watching that subway dancer for like 5 minutes starts to get hypnotic, whoa... better sit down..... My clock never ends, I dont punch in and punch out like a nine to fiver, I go all day or all night from being the six million dollar man to the six pack man. Its a serious job on the window of my office it says Vision, I keep wine in my desk because I always give my job 110% going above and beyond until I have double vision. Neuropozyne thefts cut into everyones salary a little, sometimes I stumble down the street, searching trashcans for food and importantly more beer. Another day on the beat and another dollar in my pocket, for more beer! When I need to investigate and question anyone I make sure I am fully inebriated, gotta stay hydrated right? As I continue my duties around the world, I get to try new drinks, explore new worlds, and wake up drunk in more back alleys.

Speaking as a working man from the big city of Detroit Hot Devil is the only choice for me because after one sip Im ready to unleash hell. <---- Id like to see a billboard of that in game, or maybe the next reboot/sequel/game.

3rdmillhouse
21st Nov 2013, 21:32
I get ****faced on the job and steal other people's snacks.

Jito463
25th Nov 2013, 07:31
I will never understand people's infatuation with depriving their brain of oxygen and killing brain cells.

Shralla
25th Nov 2013, 10:31
Well that took a sudden and unnecessary turn for the serious. What's your problem man?

Darthassin
25th Nov 2013, 11:06
<drinks a whiskey> You talking to me?

Jito463
25th Nov 2013, 14:43
Well that took a sudden and unnecessary turn for the serious. What's your problem man?

What's your problem? Any time someone comments about drinking, no one thinks twice. Any time someone comments against drinking, suddenly it's a crime against humanity? I'm not allowed to post my thoughts? Did I post something factually inaccurate? I didn't even deride the other posters, I simply stated the fact that it's something I'll never understand. And quite frankly, I hope I never will.

CyberP
25th Nov 2013, 14:54
What's your problem? Any time someone comments about drinking, no one thinks twice. Any time someone comments against drinking, suddenly it's a crime against humanity? I'm not allowed to post my thoughts? Did I post something factually inaccurate? I didn't even deride the other posters, I simply stated the fact that it's something I'll never understand. And quite frankly, I hope I never will.

I rarely drink. It is ridiculous how alcohol is accepted and legal worldwide when it is one of the biggest killers. The cons far outweigh the pros. The only true pro, in my opinion, is the sex, which can be more intense....IF you can get it up :lol:

That said my opinion is entirely hypocritical here, as I am one of those fools who smoke (cigarettes). :mad2:
But a least those don't turn me into an irresponsible, disrespectful violent clown. I do just fine in that regard when sober as it is :mad2:

JCpies
25th Nov 2013, 15:17
Alcohol should be obsolete in wealthy nations, but it's not for some reason.

Now it puts a strain on our health care system.

pirate1802
25th Nov 2013, 15:31
I'm like CyberP. More of a smoker than drinker. So I'm not qualified to speak on this topic. :p

JCpies
25th Nov 2013, 23:12
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-9otJbXJyDQA/T3bCAuTi5NI/AAAAAAAAB2k/i8R_9KazbkU/s1600/calmdown.png

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Nov 2013, 23:45
There is nothing wrong with seeing the humour or the serious side of this discussion.
There is, however, something wrong with personal arguments and memberating.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/announcement.php?f=252&a=50

Disarm now... and play nice. :thumb:

Shralla
26th Nov 2013, 02:10
Excuse me, but you do not hold the exclusive right to discuss whether posts are on-topic just because you hold an official title that means we HAVE to listen to you. I would have said the same thing to him in any real-world discussion because he was contributing nothing, and the idea that doing so is "memberating" just because I happen to be on a forum is utterly ridiculous. That's literally just treating us like children for no other reason than the notion that we're too immature to actually talk about our issues instead of just acting like they aren't there. That wasn't even an argument. It was a debate at its absolute worst, and I thought it was a pretty solid discussion.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Nov 2013, 13:18
@ Shralla. I know when discussion violates the rules.
Even you posting a reply to argue violates the rules, as you know... so you earned yourself another infraction for that.
Its not a matter of you having to listen to ME. Its about understanding and respecting the ToU.... of which each and every one of us must follow/listen to.

You made a post which I have since deleted and others cannot read. Shame, as it is self-explanatory.

In that post you were very rude to another member stating that his post didn't contribute to the discussion... ie memberating etc.
Truth be told, your reply to him didn't contribute to discussion. You implied that there are medical and alcohol abuse problems and that someone's post was generally just a downer for no other reason than for "him to hear himself talk" etc. etc. You told him he was upset. All uncalled for, off-topic discussion; and that is why your post was removed and you received an infraction.
If anything is to amount to "a pretty solid discussion" then it would be up to the other party to disclose any personal problems they might have; first and foremost. A pretty solid discussion might have happened from there... but certainly not from the way you responded.

If you have anything else to say with regard to this matter, do so via PM. As you know, the ToU asks you to do this.

__

Back on topic.

I rarely drink. It is ridiculous how alcohol is accepted and legal worldwide when it is one of the biggest killers. The cons far outweigh the pros.

I couldn't agree more. Its (one of) the crimes of the century.

ID0t-zY9uuU

Psychomorph
27th Nov 2013, 08:20
I rarely drink. It is ridiculous how alcohol is accepted and legal worldwide when it is one of the biggest killers. The cons far outweigh the pros.

The pros outweigh the cons if you keep it well dosed. Red wine is awesome with some types of food (roasted meat). I like to drink white wine with Pizza (proper Italian Pizza, not pizzahut stuff, which is also awesome, but I don't consume wine with it).
Aside these occasions I never drink, nor do I smoke. I drink a lot of coffee though (also very late in the day and at night sometimes) and I often don't sleep properly and long enough. I guess we all have our vices.

I agree though, Alcohol is far more dangerous than Marijuana, yet Marijuana is deemed illegal and Alcohol is sold to young people.

Alcohol should be obsolete in wealthy nations, but it's not for some reason.

Wealthy nation does not equal healthy nations. There is always a hierarchy in society, which means the wealthiest nations have poverty, too and these days it is increasing, while the wealthy get wealthier. A large percentage of society is not well educated about matters of health and consume cheap and fast food and teach their children to do so. Misuse of alcohol and drugs is increased among this population, also. "Wealthy nation" is relevant for politics, not for the poor citizens.