PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - June 18 Update

Psyonix_Corey
18th Jun 2014, 16:33
Tutorial
- A basic Tutorial has been added that teaches players the basics of both human and vampire gameplay. It can be accessed via the "TUTORIAL" button on the main menu.

Voice Chat
- Complete rewrite of voice chat systems to improve quality and consistency

Hunter
Whip
- Range increased

Prophet
Skins
- Prophet skins are now available in the store!
Pistols
- Damage reduced by another 5%
Draining Curse
- Activates 20% faster
- Damage increased to 90/sec-180/sec
Disabling Curse
- Activates 20% faster
Life Leech
- Increased cast time before ability fires
- Damage reduced back to 200, healing kept at 200
- Reduced maximum range ability can hit a target at
- Further reduced aim assistance

Human Weapon Balancing
Recoil
- Addressed an inconsistency with how recoil was handled across human weapons. Some weapons were receiving recoil correction (Scout Bows, Alchemist Cannons, Prophet Pistols) and others were not (Hunter Crossbows). This was making the Prophet’s Pistols in particular too easy to use from afar as they were compensating for most of their own recoil between shots. Recoil compensation has been disabled for Scout Bows and Prophet Pistols. It is still enabled for the Alchemist as her weapon is designed around a brief kick but not sustained recoil, but this can be revisited later if necessary.
- Vertical recoil (upwards “kick” when weapon is fired) has been increased on Scout Bows and Prophet Pistols
- Horizontal recoil (left or right “kick” when weapon is fired) has been increased on Prophet Pistols
- Recoil reduction from ironsights is now 25%, was 50%. Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate. In general we don’t want ironsights/scoping to be required to aim successfully, and would prefer more consistent recoil between targeting modes with more freedom for player movement out of ironsights.
Clip Sizes
- In an effort to address ongoing win rate deficit for human teams, many human weapons have received slight increases to clip size or reload speed to increase effectiveness without buffing raw DPS numbers, which could break high level play.
- Hunter Crossbow clip sizes restored to pre-nerf values
- Alchemist Launcher reload times reduced across the board
- Prophet Pistol clip sizes increased slightly

Humans
- Reduced fall damage from non-Kidnap/Abduct related falls

Varulven
18th Jun 2014, 16:44
Tutorial
- A basic Tutorial has been added that teaches players the basics of both human and vampire gameplay. It can be accessed via the "TUTORIAL" button on the main menu.

Finally! Thank you :flowers:

Dron1508
18th Jun 2014, 16:44
> Reduced fall damage from non-Kidnap/Abduct related falls
What about Tyrant's Throw?

trowie-uK
18th Jun 2014, 16:45
Finally!! Next lock players lvl 1-10 into recruit.. Also why has the steam forum been removed? :/

Razaiim
18th Jun 2014, 16:45
Excellent looking patch. I feel that the actual damage is in a good spot for all classes and am happy to see a slight mechanics change over numbers tweaks.

I'll comment on actual gameplay once I get a chance to try it.

cmstache
18th Jun 2014, 16:52
> Reduced fall damage from non-Kidnap/Abduct related falls
What about Tyrant's Throw?
This is also what I'm waiting on. It's hugely messing with the already limited human mobility.

Psyonix_Corey
18th Jun 2014, 17:00
No changes to Throw, wasn't aware it was such a problem.

EmnityFrost
18th Jun 2014, 17:00
I want do start talking patch, but servers are still down. But anyways, finally on the Prophet nerf, was well deserved. I stopped playing it short after I unlocked it, because it felt too good.

About the recoil, it's funny because today I talked with a friend of mine that we play together about the human weapons, that it's just too easy to hit with them.

FireWorks_
18th Jun 2014, 17:01
Finally!! Next lock players lvl 1-10 into recruit..

I posted this one earlier:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=14112

Hope the bit more experienced players get to play in fair matches without some lv1 prey screwing the whole game.

Would have loved to see the whip working on the evasion reavers. Rest looks pretty solid! :D

Varulven
18th Jun 2014, 17:06
Now let us play, PWEEEEEZEEEE! :D

Razaiim
18th Jun 2014, 17:19
I think that depending on depth of the tutorial will help with many new player issues, as they can now learn enough to atleast use the skills and abilities, as opposed to getting dropped in blind

with respect to throw,getting tossed by an enraged tyrant off a ledge is murderous. I think fall damage not being affected by enrage should help considerably.

Also since these threads seem to get the most attention from you guys (Psyonix) I want to ask if you have any plans to alter Echolocate, when we can expect backstab's hit detection to be fixed, and potentially toning down phase as the 510 from backstab and 600 from phase can kill a human with no ability to defend themselves, short of being an alchemist or receiving immediate suppport from all teammates. I would personally suggest toning Phase down to 18/tick (90 dps, 540 total) so that the Deceiver can only get the kill if a human takes no evasive action and can be hit by every damage tick.

FireWorks_
18th Jun 2014, 17:33
Tutorial is pretty short and has all the VERY basics. So a lv1 guy is not totally overwhelmed.

Maybe add more to try out each ability of the classes against bots? But I like where this is going.

The Store still says no word about the Founder's Booster being a 30day limited item. Not good.

PencileyePirate
18th Jun 2014, 17:46
Extremely happy to see LL get nerfed, but pity there's still no changes to echolocation. : (

No changes to Throw, wasn't aware it was such a problem.

IMO it's only a problem because humans can take falling damage after throw damage even when not thrown off a ledge. I've seen a human bounce off a wall and can clearly hear a second damage tick when they hit the ground (on multiple occasions.) While using Enrage this can take a full-hp Hunter down to ~10% life.

lucinvampire
18th Jun 2014, 17:53
Prophet skins prophet skins property skins *faints* :D

Razaiim
18th Jun 2014, 17:54
I think the minimum vertical Distance where the damage is applied should be raised without changing the actual damage or scaling, as when using wing flap I see a fall damage tick even though the human barely left the ground. Also when a vampire is hit by a warbow on flat ground, having fall damage there seems silly, even if it's only 5.

Psyonix_Corey
18th Jun 2014, 18:22
I think the minimum vertical Distance where the damage is applied should be raised without changing the actual damage or scaling, as when using wing flap I see a fall damage tick even though the human barely left the ground. Also when a vampire is hit by a warbow on flat ground, having fall damage there seems silly, even if it's only 5.

Fair point, this is how normal falling works when you drop off a ledge obviously, but abilities put you into immediate "falling" state which results in minor damage.

I think that depending on depth of the tutorial will help with many new player issues, as they can now learn enough to atleast use the skills and abilities, as opposed to getting dropped in blind

with respect to throw,getting tossed by an enraged tyrant off a ledge is murderous. I think fall damage not being affected by enrage should help considerably.

Also since these threads seem to get the most attention from you guys (Psyonix) I want to ask if you have any plans to alter Echolocate, when we can expect backstab's hit detection to be fixed, and potentially toning down phase as the 510 from backstab and 600 from phase can kill a human with no ability to defend themselves, short of being an alchemist or receiving immediate suppport from all teammates. I would personally suggest toning Phase down to 18/tick (90 dps, 540 total) so that the Deceiver can only get the kill if a human takes no evasive action and can be hit by every damage tick.

A few changes went in for Backstab but we didn't have time to fully evaluate it enough to say in the patch notes something like "Backstab is fixed." So let us know how it feels.

Razaiim
18th Jun 2014, 18:27
I'm going to be primarily be looking for: bonus damage from the front, no bonus from the back, and sometimes not lunging forward. That's good to hear though.

GenFeelGood
18th Jun 2014, 18:32
[SIZE=2]
Skins
- Prophet skins are now available in the store!
Hell yeah, was looking at the cenobit skin just from the sketches from the blog; but I ended up going with the Wood Witch, it reminds me of a desert marauder. At some angels she even reminds of Boba Fett, kick ass.

Varulven
18th Jun 2014, 19:42
Now it won't save my loadouts and character names anymore.

IBMilky
18th Jun 2014, 19:52
From what I can tell from the patch considering I play most reaver it seems the execute time has been drastically reduced which is good but I feel its slightly too fast and could cause vampires to have far too much sustain

theMachineGun
18th Jun 2014, 20:12
What I dislike about the throw is the fact that you don't know when someone's about to use it hence no way of avoiding it. You just suddenly get grabbed when you think he's trying to hit you. I think every damaging/disabling skill should be avoidable when seen/heard in time.

edit. Executing at least as a reaver seems faster. Loadouts aren't saving as people have already stated, and both loadouts are named "(enter class here) 1".

Vampmaster
18th Jun 2014, 22:32
Corey, will there be class specific tutorials? I'd like to be able to practice with kidnap and the tyrant jump.

Psyonix_Corey
18th Jun 2014, 22:36
Yes!

Razaiim
18th Jun 2014, 23:50
Yes!

Someone's excited to LtP :D

malgaa
19th Jun 2014, 00:26
What I dislike about the throw is the fact that you don't know when someone's about to use it hence no way of avoiding it. You just suddenly get grabbed when you think he's trying to hit you. I think every damaging/disabling skill should be avoidable when seen/heard in time.

edit. Executing at least as a reaver seems faster. Loadouts aren't saving as people have already stated, and both loadouts are named "(enter class here) 1".

Executing is way too fast right now. Since it's not in the changelog I guess it's a bug.

Elburko
19th Jun 2014, 03:10
Just a thought, since there is no 3d viewer in game, it would be sweet when future skins come out that you guys made short in game footage so we can get a good look.. I am very indecisive...

Razaiim
19th Jun 2014, 03:27
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this patch has broken the game in a number of ways for me:

Balance: I think that the Prophet may have been the slightest bit overnerfed on the weapons, perhaps reverting clip size and damage changes would help. The executions on reaver are indeed much faster, and the other vampires seem to be slightly quicker as well.

Technical issues: I have struggled with these in the past but these few matches have been nigh impossible to play on
- Teleporting and lurching about map and other lag-like symptoms, being life stealed through wall, getting hit by shock wave while the tyrant credited with the damage was visibly bola'd on my end. These are holy unrelated to ping, my internet and my computer performance.
- Lost the ability to mouse look, I could not turn my character by moving the mouse, yet when I'm dead the mouse works perfectly as the cursor is moving.
- Speaking of mice, I recent issue that I have tested is that the mouse also lurches about making it difficult to aim and hit, but works fine in other programs such as NX, starcraft and Firefox.
- Backstab: Since the patch I have not landed a single 510 damage strike, tested from sides, front, back, and various distances, including backstabbing a sprinting human. All yielded 300 damage, and no misses fortunately, which I suppose is an improvement.

Nuttydread
19th Jun 2014, 05:22
Corey, will there be class specific tutorials? I'd like to be able to practice with kidnap and the tyrant jump.

I don't know if it will help you much Vampmaster but I had to practice with these skills quite a bit before I could use them effectivelty and just spent most of the day with Kidnap and Ambush. The Tyrant jump you can manipulate slightly in the air by pressing backwards and forwards in the air, so get to when you can see the enemy and move back a little then have at it. You can adjust it as you fly a little and voila you'll get there in the end.

Kidnap and Ambus are possibly the most awkward to learn. The things to remember is that for it to work you have to swoop in at your enemy, rise a little then dive at them and trigger it. If you are trying to fly low when you use it and don't gather speed nothing will happen and you won't grasp anyone. This was the most helpful for me because I would fly low to avoid enemy fire and try to grab someone and just end up flying by them at normal speed.

I hope that this helps a little.

Mixed emotions about the patch. Life Steal is now a little too tempramental. Now that there is no way to gauge its distance and it's much more dificult to land. Perhaps choose between the aim assist (which I think should be re enabled) or the range since I have to pretty close to a vampire to use it now to the point where they are meleeing me in the face anyway.

Recoil on the weapons feels better and the aiming is more rewarding now.

Backstab is pretty rubbish at the moment and doesn't seem to do its pre patch damage.

Overall classes feel less balanced than before with Vampires opening up that kill gap that was pretty common before the Prophet was released. I don't think that the Prophet should be buffed but the class balance should be tweaked again especially with most human parties going back to the scout spam and hunter cheese again to compensate.

EmnityFrost
19th Jun 2014, 06:41
To me prophet feels way better now. Enough of this across the map easy mode snipes for 250 dmg where we only needed to look in the general direction of the vamp to hit it. Now we have to ut 1sec though before using it. Don't know about you guys but have you played vs 4 prophet teams prior this patch ? It was soooo frustrating, getting insta nuked for 250dmg each before you even saw where their general location is. That range and auto aim was a bit too much.

Prime_Abstergo
19th Jun 2014, 07:08
So:
I've liked a new map variation and tutorial overall! Waiting for class specific (just to take a look ofc)
Prophet is much more balanced now. LL fix was needed, Draining curse buff also good. Weapons.. well 10% buff to RoF might be good.
Skins... Jesus! A lot of people have taken "Woods witch" tho I think "Blood raiment" is much better xD Also want to look at Cenobite and Malus in-game. Cenobite robes look so dirty and tattered =((
Also was glad to see overall clip increase.

Would like to add to all problems mentioned above "mouse sensitivity" stat. It is too high even when slider stay at lowest position.

r0ph37
19th Jun 2014, 09:25
You guys still didn't fix the damn bug that resets your keybidings!

PencileyePirate
19th Jun 2014, 10:27
Now that I've tried it out, completely broken loadouts and added Scout recoil make this patch just as frustrating to play as the last. I don't understand how such blatant bugs get past QA ...

EmnityFrost
19th Jun 2014, 10:36
Because having bulleye aim before with almost no recoil was soooo fun and rewarding. Guys you need to realise when something is too good to be left like this in the game for long. At high lvl play, all you had to do as vamp to get killed is just to be in line of sight of the humans, and you just start taking damage wiht barely any misses from any range. That was not fun at all, and many people in my games admited it also. I also felt bad when I'm on a hunter or scout and kill that sentinel across the freakin map, that didn't realise where I even was. It's just wrong. Now I actually have to compensate for the recoil and put my skills to test, as any other shooter I played till now.

PencileyePirate
19th Jun 2014, 10:50
Because having bulleye aim before with almost no recoil was soooo fun and rewarding. Guys you need to realise when something is too good to be left like this in the game for long. At high lvl play, all you had to do as vamp to get killed is just to be in line of sight of the humans, and you just start taking damage wiht barely any misses from any range. That was not fun at all, and many people in my games admited it also. I also felt bad when I'm on a hunter or scout and kill that sentinel across the freakin map, that didn't realise where I even was. It's just wrong. Now I actually have to compensate for the recoil and put my skills to test, as any other shooter I played till now.

Scout was not "too good" last patch; IMO he was almost perfect. It sounds like you're being too conspicuous when playing vampire. With that said ... I don't specifically disagree with recoil, just the excessive nerfs on Scout. If they leave the added recoil then they should revert the ROF and DPS adjustments from the May 6 patch.

Vampmaster
19th Jun 2014, 11:02
I don't know if it will help you much Vampmaster but I had to practice with these skills quite a bit before I could use them effectivelty and just spent most of the day with Kidnap and Ambush. The Tyrant jump you can manipulate slightly in the air by pressing backwards and forwards in the air, so get to when you can see the enemy and move back a little then have at it. You can adjust it as you fly a little and voila you'll get there in the end.

Kidnap and Ambus are possibly the most awkward to learn. The things to remember is that for it to work you have to swoop in at your enemy, rise a little then dive at them and trigger it. If you are trying to fly low when you use it and don't gather speed nothing will happen and you won't grasp anyone. This was the most helpful for me because I would fly low to avoid enemy fire and try to grab someone and just end up flying by them at normal speed.

I hope that this helps a little.

It's not specifically the aiming. It's that I press the button and the ring starts to fill up and I don't know if that's sort of a window of opportunity in which I need to get close to a human and it will automatically be picked up if I can touch it or whether I need to press the button a second time when I get close or if I need to start the move at a specific distance from my target or if like you said, I need to be moving at a certain speed for it to work.

Razaiim
19th Jun 2014, 11:10
It's not specifically the aiming. It's that I press the button and the ring starts to fill up and I don't know if that's sort of a window of opportunity in which I need to get close to a human and it will automatically be picked up if I can touch it or whether I need to press the button a second time when I get close or if I need to start the move at a specific distance from my target or if like you said, I need to be moving at a certain speed for it to work.

When you right click to use kidnap, the ring indicator fills up to show the skill is charging. Once it's charged you have a 1 second ish long window to grab someone by flying into them. Now what is this Ambush skill you are talking about?

Vampmaster
19th Jun 2014, 12:30
When you right click to use kidnap, the ring indicator fills up to show the skill is charging. Once it's charged you have a 1 second ish long window to grab someone by flying into them. Now what is this Ambush skill you are talking about?

I don't think I mentioned an ambush ability. Nuttydread said that. Perhaps he meant abduct.

MasterZtark
19th Jun 2014, 13:57
Human Weapon Balancing
Recoil
- Addressed an inconsistency with how recoil was handled across human weapons. Some weapons were receiving recoil correction (Scout Bows, Alchemist Cannons, Prophet Pistols) and others were not (Hunter Crossbows). This was making the Prophet’s Pistols in particular too easy to use from afar as they were compensating for most of their own recoil between shots. Recoil compensation has been disabled for Scout Bows and Prophet Pistols. It is still enabled for the Alchemist as her weapon is designed around a brief kick but not sustained recoil, but this can be revisited later if necessary.
- Vertical recoil (upwards “kick” when weapon is fired) has been increased on Scout Bows and Prophet Pistols
- Horizontal recoil (left or right “kick” when weapon is fired) has been increased on Prophet Pistols
- Recoil reduction from ironsights is now 25%, was 50%. Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate. In general we don’t want ironsights/scoping to be required to aim successfully, and would prefer more consistent recoil between targeting modes with more freedom for player movement out of ironsights.
Clip Sizes
- In an effort to address ongoing win rate deficit for human teams, many human weapons have received slight increases to clip size or reload speed to increase effectiveness without buffing raw DPS numbers, which could break high level play.
- Hunter Crossbow clip sizes restored to pre-nerf values
- Alchemist Launcher reload times reduced across the board
- Prophet Pistol clip sizes increased slightly

Humans
- Reduced fall damage from non-Kidnap/Abduct related falls

I'm a little confused, are one of these "Recoils" suppose to say "Spread" ? I noticed the Hunters Repeater, Siegebow, and Bolt-thrower now all have 150 Spread (they use to have 170 before patch) and the Multibow still has 150 spread (unchanged, but also interesting as it always had less spread than the other three). Is this a result of the ironsights change ("Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate") where it's suppose to effect spread and not recoil perhaps? Or maybe these patch notes are correct and only effecting Recoil, but the Hunter spread changes just weren't included in the notes as well?

8cpaiw
19th Jun 2014, 16:42
Am I the only one around here who thinks that Prophet view is blocking a big part of the left side thus making him more vulnerable

Sorry if you corrected that,I don't see it in patch notes

Other stuff,awesome :worship:

Psyonix_Corey
19th Jun 2014, 18:47
We are working on a hotfix for the following:
- Loadout issues affecting some users
- Backstab hit detection getting worse than before
- Tyrant Throw damage scaling
- Fix for text on class unlock screen

I'm a little confused, are one of these "Recoils" suppose to say "Spread" ? I noticed the Hunters Repeater, Siegebow, and Bolt-thrower now all have 150 Spread (they use to have 170 before patch) and the Multibow still has 150 spread (unchanged, but also interesting as it always had less spread than the other three). Is this a result of the ironsights change ("Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate") where it's suppose to effect spread and not recoil perhaps? Or maybe these patch notes are correct and only effecting Recoil, but the Hunter spread changes just weren't included in the notes as well?

I missed those in the patch notes, made very subtle changes to the Hunter spread. Didn't feel Multibow needed further reduction as it does not experience the same spread "bloom" like the other crossbows due to its burst fire nature.

Varulven
19th Jun 2014, 19:18
Corey, would you mind fixing the character rename function, too?
It is really important for me that my girls & boys have names :3

cmstache
19th Jun 2014, 20:17

I missed those in the patch notes, made very subtle changes to the Hunter spread. Didn't feel Multibow needed further reduction as it does not experience the same spread "bloom" like the other crossbows due to its burst fire nature.
I played Deceiver earlier to test this. Didn't miss a single backstab, and got no "back" hits from the front. Even landed them in the back, seems fine to me. I'm still taking fall damage from heights that I wasn't 4 patches ago though that I should be able to roll off of safely.

Loadout stuff is annoying though...

Razaiim
19th Jun 2014, 21:11
I played Deceiver earlier to test this. Didn't miss a single backstab, and got no "back" hits from the front. Even landed them in the back, seems fine to me. I'm still taking fall damage from heights that I wasn't 4 patches ago though that I should be able to roll off of safely.

Loadout stuff is annoying though...

Was the proper damage being applied when you hit from the back? Like I said I haven't gotten a single 510 strike, including when I hit btingerofhugs as he was sprinting away. Only 300 damage done for me since patch.

FireWorks_
19th Jun 2014, 21:26

I play a couple hours pure deceiver today and the only thing I noticed was less odd 510 stabs. Feels more consistant and logical now, though I do way less damage :P.

Im not entirely sure, but I think it was possible to backstab 2 players before or at least "pierce" through the first to hit the second (similar to the sentinels puncture). Now you get stuck on the first and do no damage at all. Thats not really cool.

What Id like to know is the detailed mechanic of the backstab. Is it meant to score full at all 180° behind the player? The model or the actual view?
Before the patch it seemed to determine the damage at the time you initiate the attack. So your victim would be hit for 510 even when reacting to the sound cue. It seems that this has changed to the moment of the knife hitting the model. Could be all wrong though :)

Can you elaborate a bit for me? Thanks

cmstache
19th Jun 2014, 21:28
http://www.twitch.tv/cmstache/c/4496413

This 30 sec video shows me doing both of these....

FireWorks_
20th Jun 2014, 14:01
http://www.twitch.tv/cmstache/c/4496413

This 30 sec video shows me doing both of these....

If your video is aiming for the piercing I mentioned above, it still stands. If your body gets in the way of a player, you are stopped and deal no damage. Dont think that was in before the patch.

That said, nice stabbing :D Id never expect to hit someone that far to the right. Seems you can aim really far left for the hit still to connect.

cmstache
20th Jun 2014, 14:47
The hitbox is slightly offset to the right, as per him stabbing with his right arm. This causes a lot of confusion for people. The stopping part was indeed in there. It's been around since the ability was introduced.

Psyonix_Corey
20th Jun 2014, 23:37
The hotfix for loadouts/etc. will not make it until early next week.

Blackdeathteal
21st Jun 2014, 06:02
Deciever backstab has always had massive terrain collision since I started playing . The prophet nurf although many of the changes are warranted the cast time on Life leech feels excessive, so many situations where you have a army of Reavers on you run out of bullets have a choice of reloading and die or now a long ass cast time and die

FireWorks_
27th Jun 2014, 11:17
The hotfix for loadouts/etc. will not make it until early next week.

Any chance we see it before this weekend?

PencileyePirate
27th Jun 2014, 16:31
So ... while it makes sense on Prophet I'm pretty unhappy about the recoil changes to Hunter and Scout. I haven't enjoyed playing either since this patch. Any chance the recoil changes will be reconsidered?

MasterZtark
27th Jun 2014, 17:39
So ... while it makes sense on Prophet I'm pretty unhappy about the recoil changes to Hunter and Scout. I haven't enjoyed playing either since this patch. Any chance the recoil changes will be reconsidered?

Hunter has been playing fine for me, I believe the only changes to them were:
"Recoil reduction from ironsights is now 25%, was 50%. Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate. In general we don’t want ironsights/scoping to be required to aim successfully, and would prefer more consistent recoil between targeting modes with more freedom for player movement out of ironsights."

I'm not exactly sure what "Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate" means, but I assumed it meant the hunter crossbows now have LESS recall than -before the update- when not zoomed in, but probably a slight bit more when zooming in than -before the update-.

cmstache
27th Jun 2014, 19:39
It means that they have less "bloom." Crossbows increase over time with recoil. That's why bursting is better with ti at mid range. the patch reduced that amount allowing better sustained-fire accuracy.

That being said, The siege bow was only in check because of the high recoil and spread it had. Now it's back to being too strong.

PencileyePirate
27th Jun 2014, 20:11
Hunter has been playing fine for me, I believe the only changes to them were:
"Recoil reduction from ironsights is now 25%, was 50%. Hunter Crossbow recoil no longer increases as quickly to compensate. In general we don’t want ironsights/scoping to be required to aim successfully, and would prefer more consistent recoil between targeting modes with more freedom for player movement out of ironsights."

This change is exactly my problem with Hunter ... using sights feels pointless now, as the recoil reduction is practically unnoticeable. It's frustrating.

Also, I don't think Scout needed the added vertical recoil. I felt he was balanced perfectly before, and that he's now a little too weak in close quarters. It's less agitating than the change to Hunter, but still annoying.

Aggggh
30th Jun 2014, 00:20

Is this still a thing? In my experience vampires melt in front a group of humans with even passable aim :|