PDA

View Full Version : Prequel??

Ranger_Vet68
9th Nov 2013, 04:01
I was watching an interview with one of the "Developers" (2011) discussing that there will be a Prequel to "Deus Ex Human Revolution. Could this be correct?? I hope I haven't repeated this post.

Thank You.

pirate1802
9th Nov 2013, 04:52
prequel to prequel? pequelception!

Berr
9th Nov 2013, 04:58
The year is ... 2015

hmmm this is going to be awkward.

Ranger_Vet68
9th Nov 2013, 05:44
You mean to tell me what she had in plan back in '11 won't be released until '15......WOW, that's down the line.

Berr
9th Nov 2013, 13:22
You mean to tell me what she had in plan back in '11 won't be released until '15......WOW, that's down the line.

It was a joke ... that another prequel would be set in 2015, ie. present day by the time it comes out. ;)

Ranger_Vet68
9th Nov 2013, 15:03
Sorry, I had no idea. Thus I would have never have understood the joke......Well Done..... :)

USER47
9th Nov 2013, 18:10
I was watching an interview with one of the "Developers" (2011) discussing that there will be a Prequel to "Deus Ex Human Revolution. Could this be correct?? I hope I haven't repeated this post.

Thank You.
I don't think they ever said anything like that. You probably misunderstood. Do you have a link to that interview?

Shralla
9th Nov 2013, 20:33
Are you sure you didn't hear them saying that Human Revolution IS a prequel?

Ranger_Vet68
9th Nov 2013, 20:35
You ask, so you will receive. When I listen to someone or read history, I very rarely misunderstand what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXIzV8MbKw

Shralla
9th Nov 2013, 21:54
There was nothing in that video about there being a prequel.

Ranger_Vet68
9th Nov 2013, 23:30
What are you talking about?? The first Three Seconds into the interview she states it. She states that this "New Game" takes place Twenty Years in the "Past". Now I would not call that a "Sequel" since the definition of said word means, "Continuing" on where the story stopped. Maybe, (With no disrespect at all) you should look for the definition of the said two words that are prevalent to my post.

USER47
10th Nov 2013, 00:03
Heh. She obviously talks about Human Revolution being prequel to Deus Ex. Deus Ex takes place in 2052.

So yeah, you misunderstood, however "rare" that might be in your case (double-lol).

Shralla
10th Nov 2013, 01:49
What are you talking about?? The first Three Seconds into the interview she states it. She states that this "New Game" takes place Twenty Years in the "Past".

You mean when she's talking about Human Revolution? Because this interview is from over two years ago, before the game came out?

I don't know how you could tell us that you don't misunderstand things when you missed the most glaringly obvious thing about that interview. So obvious that it should not have even been a thing you registered consciously.

Maybe, (With no disrespect at all) you should look for the definition of the said two words that are prevalent to my post.

Maybe, with no disrespect at all, you should learn to comprehend spoken English. There is literally no way it could have been more obvious that the entire interview was about Human Revolution. I have absolutely no idea how you could have possibly misconstrued her statement as having referred to some theoretical prequel that you apparently think they announced before the game was even out.

Ranger_Vet68
10th Nov 2013, 03:18
Facts. The current "Game" takes place in the year 2052. The "Game" she is speaking of takes place in 2027 (That is if shes talking about HR or the original game itself). Those are the facts. End of story.

Shralla
10th Nov 2013, 03:31
Uh... yeah, so you just said exactly what I said, which is that the "new game" she's talking about is Human Revolution.

USER47
10th Nov 2013, 13:41
Facts. The current "Game" takes place in the year 2052. The "Game" she is speaking of takes place in 2027 (That is if shes talking about HR or the original game itself). Those are the facts. End of story.
Wtf?

She is talking about Human Revolution, which takes place in 2027. Deus Ex - the first game released in 2000 takes place in 2052, therefore Human Revolution is a prequel. There is NOTHING AT ALL in the interview that could be interpreted as them making prequel to Human Revolution.

Just few facts for you since you are obviously slightly confused about this whole thing.

Deus Ex - released in 2000 - takes place in 2052
Deus Ex: Invisible War - released in 2003 - takes place in 2072
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - released in 2011 - takes place in 2027

HERESY
10th Nov 2013, 17:13
She's talking about HR. I don't understand how anyone could watch that video and not understand that she was talking about HR.

Ashpolt
11th Nov 2013, 14:48
I have a feeling, guys, that Ranger_Vet68 doesn't know that Human Revolution was the third game in the franchise, hence the confusion. Go easy on him. :)