PDA

View Full Version : Performance issues on DC (PC version)

Pillowman
2nd Nov 2013, 16:15
Hey all. I'm just as frustrated as a lot of you. I'm played on PC and am angry we're missing the new aug, grenade throwback, no guide, no nothing.

But I'm most frustrated by the performance hit I'm taking, even when all my settings are on their lowest and the game looks like crap. I've tried the regedit suggestions mentioned here and elsewhere. they haven't worked. If anything they've slowed it down further. I tried turning off the D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS as well, which seemed to help a bit, but only for a few moments, after which the game turns back into a slideshow. I can max out the original and it's smooth as butter (running with Nvidia GeForce GTX 485M, driver 314.22; 16 gigs of ram, windows 7).

Is anyone else still having performance issues post-regedit fixes? Is there anything to be done? I love this game, and really wanted an excuse to play through it again (these developer commentaries are fascinating) but I can't get through more than 30 seconds of gameplay before it turns to mud.

Galatele
6th Nov 2013, 20:48
Hi there i have a worse PC and it runs pretty smooth. You sure you turned the Anti aliasing off? If not it could be the issue and i agree with you on the missing features like grenade throwback and the new aug. I even opened a new thread because of these missing things. I hope EM fixes the performance issues and puts in those missing features otherwise dxhr dc would be my last game from them:/