PDA

View Full Version : Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

Pages : [1] 2

Jerion
1st Nov 2013, 16:40
We've got some answers from the team surrounding launch issues with the Director's Cut. More will be incoming, but for now...

Questions and Answers:

Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?

It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game.

Will PC support for second-screen functionality be coming with a future patch?

While we’ve been very excited to promote and share the second screen enhancements to the Deus Ex community with the Director’s Cut, unfortunately this feature was not yet ready for PC users. Intel has been working very hard to bring this technology to PC gamers and we’ve been working closely with them to ensure that once this technology is available, that it is compatible with Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut. We hope to have an update for our Deus Ex players about the second screen experience on PC in the very near future.

More information on the Intel Screen Control feature can be found on the Intel website:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html

No official strategy guide?

The official strategy guide is for the Wii U version only.

Polish and Russian languages are missing?

These languages are not supported in the Director’s Cut.

Text-Language option is missing?

This issue has been addressed; a text-language option has been added in a patch (see below).

Technical Issues:

(360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.

The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.

(360) Second Screen SmartGlass features are broken.

We are working with Microsoft to solve this matter. We hope to have more information to share very soon.

(360) No new achievement list for the DC version.

This issue happens because we share the same product code with the original version of Human Revolution. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to alter this situation.

(PC) There is a significant performance hit and occasional video stuttering with the Director's Cut. Possible solutions have been found with Windows registry edits:
◦ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC ; AllowJobStealing - set this to 0
◦ HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Eidos > Deus Ex: HRDC ; "D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS" - set this to 1

We are looking into this.

(PC) Windows 8.1 users are experiencing mouse problems, with the cursor jittering and lagging.

Windows 8.1 affects games that do not use raw mouse input. A link to fix this problem has been provided by the community and information can be found at http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/24/fix-mouse-lag-games-windows-8-1/

(PC, All platforms?) On the Omega Ranch mission, the door leading to the elevator for the Namir boss fight does not open after accomplishing the objective (uploading the virus).

We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution for this.

(PC) Texture problems surrounding the base of Detroit convenience shops and elsewhere.

This issue has been resolved.

(PC) An issue where posters in the Sarif company lobby after the prologue could appear black.

This issue has been resolved.

(PC) Kitchens in Hengsha apartments have broken/missing textures (show up as bright green).

It is fixed.

The first patch for the Director's Cut has gone live!

Among the issues addressed in this first patch:

AI-related bug fixes.
The bug causing disappearing personality dialogs in the Chase & Chet Wagner conversations has been fixed.
Miscellaneous fixes for a Sarif conversation when using pheromones.
Texture issues in Sarif HQ, Detroit, Hengsha and TYM have been fixed.
Texture tiling issues in Adam's apartment and other parts of Detroit have been fixed.
Issues relating to sounds becoming 'stuck' have been fixed.
A bug that could cause music to not play during the "walk and talk" intro sequence has been fixed.
Audio glitches between level loads have been fixed.
A bug causing the "incoming commentary" trigger to activate when the commentary system is disabled has been fixed.
A bug causing music to stall when alt-tabbing has been fixed.
A setup dialogue allowing changes outside the game has been added.
Text-language selection option has been added/fixed.
Issues with language-switching not functioning properly have been addressed.
Some performance optimizations have been added.

More on the way, but that does it for now. :)

Raider of Souls
1st Nov 2013, 16:58
Q: (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
A: The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

Yes, it does. There are several games on the 360 that does this. I'm not talking about an install disc and a play disc. I'm talking about splitting the game up on two discs just like the Director's Cut. Off the top of my head:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2

It is possible. Thank you Jerion for providing these answers, but someone on the team isn't answering this question to the fullest. Regardless, since there is no desire to fix this problem, I will return my copy.

merrick97
1st Nov 2013, 17:15
A: The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

Yes, it does. There are several games on the 360 that does this. I'm not talking about an install disc and a play disc. I'm talking about splitting the game up on two discs just like the Director's Cut. Off the top of my head:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2

It is possible. Thank you Jerion for providing these answers, but someone on the team isn't answering this question to the fullest. Regardless, since there is no desire to fix this problem, I will return my copy.

Rage is another such game in which you can install up to 3 discs. Same with LA. Noire.

Raider of Souls
1st Nov 2013, 17:22
That's right, forgot about L.A.

So, games that prove the Xbox 360 console does allow two disc installations:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2
Rage
L.A. Noire

After some research, there are only 3 full retail games that I know of that you can't install to the 360. One of them was patched (Crackdown w/ Halo 3 beta) after release. So currently, there are only 2 retail games you can't install to the 360:

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Fine company I see...

HERESY
1st Nov 2013, 18:33
Like I said before in several classic posts before the pc, 360 and ps3 versions were announced, WiiU version = the superior version.

I'd say the next best version is probably the PS3 version even though several users have reported issues with the sounds.

askaquestion
1st Nov 2013, 19:11
Are the Factory Zero and Foxiest of the Hounds achievements possible on the same playthrough? How are the rest of the achievements impacted by the addition of Missing Link?

Reckless Angel
1st Nov 2013, 20:17
[LIST]
Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?

" It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game. "

Keeping your augments arguably throws off the gameplay balance even more than keeping your weapons, items and credits.

let's assume for the moment that the tutorial remains unchanged from the way it is now. (ie you don't get your augs, or gear until after you've been augmented).

what weapons are you talking about?
you can get a shotgun, smg, pistol, silent sniper, and combat rifle or Tranq-Rifle in the very first mission.
the moment you're done with that you can run and pick up a laser targeting mod and silencer (and burst for the shotgun)...
not letting us keep those weapons because it would unbalance *one* mission is silly and you know it.

now the other weapons are a bit more dicey.
Revolver? can be picked up during the first mission.
P.E.P.S? can be picked up right after the first mission*.
Sniper Rifle? can be picked up right after the first mission.
crossbow? can be picked up right after the first mission*.
rocket launcher? can be picked up right after the first mission*.
* was tricky before, but because we get to keep augs they're now childs-play to get.

which ones are left?
Heavy Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Plasma Rifle, and Laser Rifle.
well, guess what... Their use would be extremely limited early in the game due to their BEING NO AMMO FOR YOU TO USE!

in closing... a person who is playing on New Game+ has already finished the game, and already knows the story. limiting them because it messes up the gameplay balance isn't an argument that holds up under scrutiny.
edit: actually... *items* can throw gameplay balance off... painkillers, energybars, A.U.D.s more than other things...

hell, all of these issues can be solved with one quick and dirty fix.
Put a box in Jensen's apartment with only the weapons from the previous playthrough.
Similar to how you did with the first box of gear in Missing Link.
Since the box wouldn't contain any ammo, you wouldn't be able to use the later weapons, so they wouldn't unbalance the game.
simple, and even elegant (if I say so myself).

last, but by no means least:
Do you intend to patch the game on consoles in the future?
if it were to become incredibly apparent that your fans want a certain feature changed, would you change it in one of the aforementioned patches?

EDIT:

Are the Factory Zero and Foxiest of the Hounds achievements possible on the same playthrough? How are the rest of the achievements impacted by the addition of Missing Link?

it's definitely possible to do them both at the same time.
I did Legend, Pacifist, Foxiest, and Factory Zero all in one run. [ Would you like to know more? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1958992) ]

Caribou007
1st Nov 2013, 20:28

That in-game strategy guide was an advertised feature. The fact that you've now added a disclaimer is an admission that your website previously led people to believe they would be getting an in-game strategy guide. So where is it? We want the official, in-game strategy guide, not a legal disclaimer covering your butts. Eidos has made millions and grown tremendously thanks to the support of Deus Ex fans. So do something as a "thank you" instead of treating this like a battlefield.

jdamien75
1st Nov 2013, 20:31
More two disc games you can install:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I just picked up Batman: Arkham Origins. It's two discs & will probably install.

I bet re-using the product code is why it lists the Games on Demand description when you put in one of the discs for the DC & probably why it won't allow an install from the discs.

askaquestion
1st Nov 2013, 20:43
it's definitely possible to do them both at the same time.
I did Legend, Pacifist, Foxiest, and Factory Zero all in one run. [ Would you like to know more? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1958992) ]

I got to the end of the game and got Factory Zero but neither Pacifist nor Foxiest. I might have screwed it up during TML, not sure what I'm doing wrong but everyone was stunned and I set off no alarms.

1baroness3
1st Nov 2013, 20:44

Yes it's totally possible but hard - I've got Pacifist, Foxiest, Factory Zero and even the one for saving Malik in one game. Friend called me a maniac but oh well...

I've never set any alarm or killed anyone (including Missing Link Part).

While saving Malik it's important to watch out for the bot - exploding might kill some of the guys and probably ruin Pacifist.

EDIT:

Also turrets turning hostile are sort of alarm - they ruin Foxiest. Stick to this list:

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Foxiest_of_the_Hounds

And try not to set any alarm in Missing Link and you'll get it.

Elas1
1st Nov 2013, 23:45
Polish and Russian languages are missing?

Can I ask why or how it's possible?
Original game and Mssing Link had my language(Polish). And now it's gone?
There is NO new content in this game. Only few new words, most of them in main menu. Easy to translate, even for a kid or me.
I remember these words:“Over the last 18 months the team has been working very hard on the development of the Director’s Cut,” said David Anfossi, Head of Studio for Eidos-Montréal." from
http://www.deusex.com/news/DXHR-Directors-Cut-Out-Now
Are you kidding me?? 18 months and you deleted my language? What now?
I have original game and missing link with Polish language in Steam. Now i can't buy Director's Cut because Polish language gone.
Thanks Eidos Montreal.

DTrunks
1st Nov 2013, 23:50
I registered just to say that I have never played this game. I wanted to, so I bought the director's cut since it promised to be the definitive version. To find out its broken... completely, and the dev's have no intention of fixing it is really disappointing.

The worst part is, I called Microsoft Support, they weren't really aware of the game, and the only record they have is of the original version. It seems this would be an easy fix; just give them a new Game ID(?), with the new achievements, same as the PS3 version.

I've been keeping mine factory sealed for the past week in case this happened. I'll be taking it back tomorrow as well.

When you guys feel like delivering a quality product, I'll reconsider forking over some quality money.

USER47
2nd Nov 2013, 00:29
Uh...wow.

The most funny thing is probably the "new game +" issue. Are you really worrying about balanced gameplay when you throw fully augmented player into the beginning of the game without any balancing countermeasures?? Seriously??? Even without weapons Adam is so extremely overpowered that some silenced pistol or laser rifle with no ammo and ***** would make no difference whatsoever.

Also, if I remember correctly, you advertised strategy guide as a director's cut's feature with no exception to any platfotm. While I don't know what it is and I don't really care, it is kind of weird to change it suddenly into toaster exclusive feature.

By the way, no fixes for phantom commentary sounds and other sound issues, no fixes for weird graphic glitches and camera issues in conversations etc.? Good thing I still have the original HR in my library. Fortunately those 5 euros (yeah, I still wait for you resolving the pricing bug) won't ruin me, but I don't think I will buy your next game instantly without waiting for reviews or some sale. The "definitive version" of DE:HR feels more like beta for some reason and after two years from launch of the game I am simply not ok with that.

CrisSpiegel
2nd Nov 2013, 00:44
I'm going to uninstall the game and will re-install it only when it becomes the product it was supposed to be when you started selling it.

It's not because of the money. It was cheap. But because I was looking forward to the future of the franchise and now I feel cheated.

CyberP
2nd Nov 2013, 00:44
Uh...wow.

The most funny thing is probably the "new game +" issue. Are you really worrying about balanced gameplay when you throw fully augmented player into the beginning of the game without any balancing countermeasures?? Seriously???

Glad someone mentioned it. I'm not allowed to be negative any more :)

Grasser
2nd Nov 2013, 00:45
Guess I'm going to trade my 360 copy then,
Does anyone know if any of these issues are present in the Wii U copy?, I don't wanna trade in one bad copy for another.

Shralla
2nd Nov 2013, 00:48
Uh...wow.

The most funny thing is probably the "new game +" issue. Are you really worrying about balanced gameplay when you throw fully augmented player into the beginning of the game without any balancing countermeasures?? Seriously??? Even without weapons Adam is so extremely overpowered that some silenced pistol or laser rifle with no ammo and ***** would make no difference whatsoever.

Completely legit, and my thoughts exactly. By the end of the game you're a silent, invisible, unstoppable takedown machine. You wouldn't even have to finish Detroit before you literally have every single augmentation. So five energy bars and the ability to take down two people at once is arbitrarily "unbalanced enough"? You should add an option to carry gear over, at least, for those who do want to use it. Since we're putting in NG+ and all.

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 01:01

That in-game strategy guide was an advertised feature. The fact that you've now added a disclaimer is an admission that your website previously led people to believe they would be getting an in-game strategy guide. So where is it? We want the official, in-game strategy guide, not a legal disclaimer covering your butts. Eidos has made millions and grown tremendously thanks to the support of Deus Ex fans. So do something as a "thank you" instead of treating this like a battlefield.

The in-game strategy guide was always advertised as a wiiU exclusive.

epslion
2nd Nov 2013, 03:24
The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.
Final Fantasy XIII is a 3 disc game on the Xbox 360. All discs can be installed on the HDD. Also worth mentioning is that this is a Square Enix game!

Raider of Souls
2nd Nov 2013, 05:48
Guess I'm going to trade my 360 copy then,
Does anyone know if any of these issues are present in the Wii U copy?, I don't wanna trade in one bad copy for another.

The Wii U is the definitive version and if you have that console, the Director's Cut is a must buy. The other DC versions all seem to be rushed ports.

rslifka
2nd Nov 2013, 07:29
We've got some answers from the team surrounding launch issues with the Director's Cut. More will be incoming, but for now...

Questions and Answers:

More on the way, but that does it for now. :)

Glad there's some additional detail but not being install a title with slow loading times is a bit painful. Surely folks at Eidos have played (and installed) Mass Effect multi-disc?

Bit surprised and let down here :scratch:

Rob

Maiden Ty One
2nd Nov 2013, 13:05

The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

LIARS!

Absolute, bare-faced fricking liars! EVERY 2 Disc game on the 360 allows both discs to be installed - you still have to switch them (which is retarded) but you can still install them both! That is a bare faced god damn lie!

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
LA Noire (3 Discs, even!)
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Splinter Cell: Black List
Batman: Arkham Origins
Final Fantasy XIII
The Witcher 2
Rage

ALL these games are 2 discs or more, and ALL can be installed to the 360 hard drive. You are LIARS, Square Enix!

You know, I was willing to hang onto this game and WAIT until you eventually patched it to install (like every other game on the Xbox 360, whether 2 disc or not), but the fact that you've just openly and shamelessly LIED about the issue, as an excuse to not do anything about it....I mean, do you think we're all idiots?! Did you think we just wouldn't NOTICE all these other 2 Disc games that can install, and take your lie for granted?! You don't have respect for us for releasing a broken game to begin with, but you've just showed us you have even less respect for us with that lie.

I'm literally going out the door right after posting this to return my copy - I'm also going to make a conscious effort to avoid purchasing ANY Square Enix games in the future.

Well done, guys.

FrankieSatt
2nd Nov 2013, 15:14
I have posted very little on these forums but I have to add my comments on this. I was really looking forward to this Directors Cut but I'm no forking over more money for the same game that is broken.

The thing that sealed the deal for me, as far as not buying it, is the bold face lies of not being able to install the game to the hard drive. That is so much BS is isn't even funny and to expect us the fans to actually believe it just makes ya'll that much more ignorant sounding.

I have the original and I'll stick with that. That was a quality game and I'm hoping for a quality Deus Ex 4 but now I'm not sure about that.

You have turned a great game of Deus Ex 3 into now everyone being skeptical of this company because you are failing to tell us the truth. Great job. :rolleyes:

Maiden Ty One
2nd Nov 2013, 15:28
My sentiments exactly, FrankieSatt. It'd be one thing if they just admitted there's a fault, it's THEIR fault, but they just can't be bothered to do anything about it. That would still be unacceptable, but at least it'd be honest.

To outright LIE like that, as though we're all so stupid not to realise that 2 Disc games CAN be installed, is just taking the piss. Furthermore, they must KNOW that we know they're lying...so what's the point? Why not just admit it?

Deus Ex: HR is honestly one of the finest games I've ever played; brilliant gameplay and breath-taking story telling - how they can show their own creation such little care is beyond me (unless they've been taking artistic and business advice from George Lucas...)

Caribou007
2nd Nov 2013, 18:03
The in-game strategy guide was always advertised as a wiiU exclusive.

No it wasn't. They just added that disclaimer after people noticed the in-game strategy guide was missing from their games and started asking for it.

P4NCH0theD0G
2nd Nov 2013, 18:33
Oh, well... It's a pity, really. I was looking forward to playing the DC, but no install on the Xbox is a no-no for me.

On a by-note, Arkham Origins Disc 2 CANNOT be installed. Something WB Montreal is trying very hard to sweep under the rug...

I am pretty disappointed with this.

CyberP
2nd Nov 2013, 18:50
Oh, well... It's a pity, really. I was looking forward to playing the DC, but no install on the Xbox is a no-no for me.

On a by-note, Arkham Origins Disc 2 CANNOT be installed. Something WB Montreal is trying very hard to sweep under the rug...

I am pretty disappointed with this.

Not to downplay what is going on here, but why is installing so important to people? Yes it doesn't use the laser, disc etc once installed so those will degrade significantly slower, and yes the machines make less noise, but other than that I never notice a difference in performance, load times etc. Suppose I don't really care though, load times have never really bothered me unless they took forever, which is very rare.
As for swapping discs, that doesn't bother me either. Takes 10 seconds and ideally you only have to swap once each playthrough. I guess I'm just old school, but I care about the quality of the game content first and foremost. Shame about said quality too in this case, however, but still a great game.

Shralla
2nd Nov 2013, 19:20
My sentiments exactly, FrankieSatt. It'd be one thing if they just admitted there's a fault, it's THEIR fault, but they just can't be bothered to do anything about it. That would still be unacceptable, but at least it'd be honest.

To outright LIE like that, as though we're all so stupid not to realise that 2 Disc games CAN be installed, is just taking the piss. Furthermore, they must KNOW that we know they're lying...so what's the point? Why not just admit it?

Deus Ex: HR is honestly one of the finest games I've ever played; brilliant gameplay and breath-taking story telling - how they can show their own creation such little care is beyond me (unless they've been taking artistic and business advice from George Lucas...)

They never even admitted to there being faults in the regular game. Even these "fixes" in the Director's Cut came without any actually admission of the game being broken. Can't say I'd expect them to admit to there being faults in this version after that.

Even GTA5 allows you to install the second disc even if Rockstar suggests that you not.

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 20:18
No it wasn't. They just added that disclaimer after people noticed the in-game strategy guide was missing from their games and started asking for it.

No, you're incorrect. They always advertised it as a feature exclusive to the wiiU and also said it was tied into the second screen.

USER47
2nd Nov 2013, 20:33
HERESY: You can see the disclaimer is not here, it was added later.

http://i.imgur.com/PdEhAD6.png

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 20:39
HERESY: You can see the disclaimer is not here, it was added later.

http://i.imgur.com/PdEhAD6.png

I'm not talking about the disclaimer. I'm talking about what was said here and reported by other outlets.

So it says in game strategy guide? Does it state that the PC version is going to have it? Nope. It simply says "in game strategy guide." Again, find their posts and interviews with other outlets after they announced it was coming to other platforms and you'll see they mentioned it (and several other things) still being exclusive to the wiiU.

Shralla
2nd Nov 2013, 20:52
So it says in game strategy guide? Does it state that the PC version is going to have it? Nope. It simply says "in game strategy guide."

And then goes on to list platforms, which means to ANYBODY ANYWHERE that all versions it lists are going to have all features it lists.

Again, find their posts and interviews with other outlets after they announced it was coming to other platforms and you'll see they mentioned it (and several other things) still being exclusive to the wiiU.

Which doesn't make the advertising any less false, and certainly doesn't mean that they were "advertising it" as being exclusive to the Wii U, which is what you were saying in the first place. Nowhere in the advertisements does it say that. So no, they weren't advertising it as being exclusive to the Wii U.

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 21:07
And then goes on to list platforms, which means to ANYBODY ANYWHERE that all versions it lists are going to have all features it lists.

Which doesn't make the advertising any less false, and certainly doesn't mean that they were "advertising it" as being exclusive to the Wii U, which is what you were saying in the first place. Nowhere in the advertisements does it say that. So no, they weren't advertising it as being exclusive to the Wii U.

This is not worthy of an in depth response as it is clear as day that you aren't reading and comprehending what was typed.

Have a great day, fan.

Shralla
2nd Nov 2013, 21:12
This is not worthy of an in depth response as it is clear as day that you aren't reading and comprehending what was typed.

Have a great day, fan.

No, you're just not reading and comprehending what the advertisement in question says.

SPOILERS: It says that the strategy guide comes with all the versions listed there.

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 21:17
No, you're just not reading and comprehending what the advertisement in question says.

SPOILERS: It says that the strategy guide comes with all the versions listed there.

Whatever you say, fan, but it says nothing of the sort.

And I just love how some genius took a pic of "strategy guide" that came from a 2+ minute advert that showed nothing but the wiiU controller and others automatically assumed it meant it was for everyone.

Incredible.

ETA: This gets even better. Zoom in on the ad people. This was the wiiU ad that was adjusted to include the other platforms. Before it even says "in game guide" it says "in depth MIIVERSE." So you're gonna get the Miiverse on Live? On Mac? on PSN? On steam? LMAO!

Franubis
2nd Nov 2013, 21:18
How difficult is to get the strategy guide to all platforms? Considering that it was previously stated it would be featured in all versions of the game, I do think it is kind of a very big issue... But can live with it.

By the way, any word on the textures fix for the Downtown Apartments and Adam Jensen's kitchen?

Shralla
2nd Nov 2013, 21:20
Whatever you say, fan.

Never had you at a loss for words before. Maybe you can go away now since you clearly can't be bothered to read anymore?

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 21:47
How difficult is to get the strategy guide to all platforms? Considering that it was previously stated it would be featured in all versions of the game, I do think it is kind of a very big issue... But can live with it.

By the way, any word on the textures fix for the Downtown Apartments and Adam Jensen's kitchen?

It was NEVER stated that it would be on all platforms of the game. You are all looking at a wiiU ad that was changed up to include the xbox, psn and pc verbage. Look at the ad people. READ it. If I apply the "logic" of some of you people it would mean miiverse integration is supported for all platforms, lol.

SMH.

I'm done with this topic.

EM, in the future, if you release a directors cut of the game, make sure you spell things out clearly for those who feel entitled or have selective reading issues. Make sure that your marketing guys and art teams develop new pieces because you'll have this problem all over again.

Remember people, this was from the original wiiU ad. The 2 minute video and verbage pertaining to the miiverse support this. In addition they NEVER said "the strategy guide comes with all versions here" or "in game guide comes with all versions here."

Caribou007
2nd Nov 2013, 22:05
And I just love how some genius took a pic of "strategy guide" that came from a 2+ minute advert that showed nothing but the wiiU controller and others automatically assumed it meant it was for everyone.

Remember people, this was from the original wiiU ad. The 2 minute video and verbage pertaining to the miiverse support this.

They use the Wii-U controller to show the split-screen features, but the split-screen features are not Wii-U exclusive. They could have used a PS Vita or any PC-compatible device, instead.

The video also shows the boxes for all the platforms as it finishes. And another image of the boxes for all platforms are shown when you first load the website, (before playing the video).

ETA: This gets even better. Zoom in on the ad people. This was the wiiU ad that was adjusted to include the other platforms. Before it even says "in game guide" it says "in depth MIIVERSE." So you're gonna get the Miiverse on Live? On Mac? on PSN? On steam? LMAO!

Miiverse is exclusive to Nintendo. That's obvious. Are strategy guides exclusive to Nintendo? Obviously no, they are not. Is there any reason that you can't have an in-game strategy guide on the PC version? Obviously no, there isn't. Did it say that the in-game strategy guide was Wii-U exclusive, anyway? No. Is that area of the advertisment only listing Wii-U exclusive features? No, it also listed the in-game developer commentary, another type of feature that, like in-game strategy guides, is obviously not exclusive to Wii-U. So why not have the in-game commentary in all versions of the game? Actually, it is in all versions of the game. So why not have the in-game strategy guide in all versions of the game too? There's no reason that you wouldn't expect to get it.

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 22:45
I wish people would understand that they (EM) did a whole hackjob of their previous work. Yeah, let's just totally forget that the vid is explaining WiiU gamepad features (it plainly states this.) So what if the vid shows all the platforms when it finishes? The vid also shows grenade throwback (wiiU exclusive), augmented sniping (wii u exclusive), document sharing (wiiU exclusive) and gamepad mode (wiiU exclusive.) But, because the end of the vid shows multiple platforms, we should all assume that these things are included or that you're supposed to get a strategy guide...

Incredible.

Now I'm done.

Pixieking
3rd Nov 2013, 11:43
So is the DC being patched incrementally, or will there be one big one that fixes all the random things?

Maiden Ty One
3rd Nov 2013, 12:03
I doubt they're gonna patch it at all, to be honest. But if they ARE gonna patch it, the issue that is most likely to be addressed is the smartglass function - that's a feature they specifically advertised that at the moment doesn't work for anyone.

The one encouraging thing is that it seems that most of these problems are all caused by the same thing; the 360 not recognising the Director's Cut as a seperate game to the original. So, the best way to fix the smartglass problem would be to get the console to correctly identify it, and if they do that then hopefully that will solve most, if not all the other major issues.

But like say, that's if they even bother to patch it at all.

Pixieking
3rd Nov 2013, 12:43
*sadface*

Spyhopping
3rd Nov 2013, 13:01
I doubt they're gonna patch it at all, to be honest. But if they ARE gonna patch it, the issue that is most likely to be addressed is the smartglass function - that's a feature they specifically advertised that at the moment doesn't work for anyone.

The one encouraging thing is that it seems that most of these problems are all caused by the same thing; the 360 not recognising the Director's Cut as a seperate game to the original. So, the best way to fix the smartglass problem would be to get the console to correctly identify it, and if they do that then hopefully that will solve most, if not all the other major issues.

It'd be a significant omission if they fail to provide a patch, so I reckon it's much more likely than not. Hopefully we'll be able to share a statement off them soon.

munroe
3rd Nov 2013, 14:30
That's right, forgot about L.A.

So, games that prove the Xbox 360 console does allow two disc installations:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2
Rage
L.A. Noire

After some research, there are only 3 full retail games that I know of that you can't install to the 360. One of them was patched (Crackdown w/ Halo 3 beta) after release. So currently, there are only 2 retail games you can't install to the 360:

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Fine company I see...

Also Lost Odyssey is a 4 disc game, where each disc can be installed just fine

Blatant lies from Eidos

I'm not talking about the disclaimer. I'm talking about what was said here and reported by other outlets.

So it says in game strategy guide? Does it state that the PC version is going to have it? Nope. It simply says "in game strategy guide." Again, find their posts and interviews with other outlets after they announced it was coming to other platforms and you'll see they mentioned it (and several other things) still being exclusive to the wiiU.

Saying things in interviews and posts is different from actual advertising. The original advert can be classed as misleading. As it doesn't specifically say the walkthrough is Wii-U only, neither does it say anywhere on the original advert that it's Wii-U only.

A company has to provide a disclaimer proving otherwise. Just look up "misleading advert" and see all of the cases where companies have been fined etc. for misleading customers.

Raider of Souls
3rd Nov 2013, 18:19

Yeah, I don't think patching the ID issue will fix all other major issues for the 360. That is just wishful thinking. SmartGlass not recognizing the game is different than the 360 not recognizing the game.

The inability to install the game is not caused by the 360 not recognizing the Director's Cut as a separate game. Having the same product code is one thing, but the 360 internally recognizes it as a different game because the dashboard image of the game is different than the vanilla version. Also, if you have the vanilla version installed and then put in the Director's Cut, the 360 will not confuse the two. Also, the 360 will recognize each disc as Disc 1 & Disc 2.

I think the 360 will install anything unless it's told not to. I have two versions of Mass Effect 1--the original version w/ the Microsoft Studios logo and the trilogy version w/ the EA logo--and you can install both (they will count as a separate install even though they are the same game & have the same achievement list). Also, the ME1 bonus disc included in the Platinum Hits version with just concept art, videos, and music can be installed as well, even though it's not really a game.

The studio that ported the Director's Cut must have designed it not be installed. That is why they are claiming two disc installations are not allowed when they are.

Also, there won't be a separate achievement list by just fixing the ID. They would also need to add a separate list to the online database. Without a new list on the xbox.com database, the DC will not have a separate list just because SmartGlass can finally recognize it. You can observe this when DLC comes out but the corresponding achievements are not yet on xbox.com. Earning them doesn't add to your online gamerscore, only the offline profile. The fix is to redownload your profile and re-earn them once they do add the missing achievements.

Shralla
3rd Nov 2013, 19:02
Okay, so CyberP's absurdly inappropriate single smiley response to Maiden Ty One was deleted, but why was the completely legitimate and well thought-out post that he was responding to deleted? It wasn't rude or inappropriate at all. Not to stir the kettle, but he did a good job summarizing a lot of the concerns people have about this game and gaming in general.

Pixieking
3rd Nov 2013, 22:28
@ Spyhopping

Any kind of info about a patch would be great, cheers. :)

Spyhopping
3rd Nov 2013, 22:51
@ Spyhopping

Any kind of info about a patch would be great, cheers. :)

We'll let everyone here know right away if we hear any news.

Okay, so CyberP's absurdly inappropriate single smiley response to Maiden Ty One was deleted, but why was the completely legitimate and well thought-out post that he was responding to deleted? It wasn't rude or inappropriate at all. Not to stir the kettle, but he did a good job summarizing a lot of the concerns people have about this game and gaming in general.

Yep, it did have some very good points and I rather enjoyed reading it. I wouldn't say CyperP's response was absurdly inappropriate though. I've encouraged Maiden Ty One to have the post back up, I only soft deleted it as an interim tidy up as I didn't feel like doing a messy post dissection (also maybe some laziness). I have no desire to be pointlessly oppressive, dear Shralla.

Raijn
4th Nov 2013, 12:49
Can I ask why or how it's possible?
Original game and Mssing Link had my language(Polish). And now it's gone?
There is NO new content in this game. Only few new words, most of them in main menu. Easy to translate, even for a kid or me.
I remember these words:“Over the last 18 months the team has been working very hard on the development of the Director’s Cut,” said David Anfossi, Head of Studio for Eidos-Montréal." from
http://www.deusex.com/news/DXHR-Directors-Cut-Out-Now
Are you kidding me?? 18 months and you deleted my language? What now?
I have original game and missing link with Polish language in Steam. Now i can't buy Director's Cut because Polish language gone.
Thanks Eidos Montreal.

Can't understand that neither. The difference is that I already bought DC before I read about all that bungle with it. So... yeah, Eidos, you've got my money. And I don't feel comfortable with that. So... may I ask - Why these languages (polish & russian) are not supported in the Director's Cut? Your CLIENTS really deserve for a few words of explanation? A few words of truth, not excuse. Don't you think?

Maiden Ty One
4th Nov 2013, 18:34
Having the same product code is one thing, but the 360 internally recognizes it as a different game because the dashboard image of the game is different than the vanilla version.

Is it? It's been a while since I had the vanilla version, but I'm fairly sure it had the same dashboard graphic that shows up for the DC verison - that's one reason I thought this was the problem to begin with.

And I know you can have multiple versions of the same game installed; I've had the standard edition of Bioshock and the Rapture Edition; They both work fine even when installed at the same time. What I thought was that the people who ported the Deus Ex Director's Cut actually gave it the same digital signature as the original, and that that's where the console's confusion comes from. I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference to discs 1 and 2 working as both discs will be using the same sig, and once the game is loaded the disc swapping is handled by the game itself, if you know what I mean.

I could be wrong though, what graphic does the vanilla version use? Because I remember it using the same graphic of Jenson striding towards the camera against the gold/yellow background.

Edit: Never mind, seems you're right; I just couldn't see the "Director's Cut" on the graphic because the Xbox's own text was blocking it out. My bad.

Riddik116
5th Nov 2013, 00:51
Well now thats pathetic... seems even when Eidos had the chance to redo at least some of things wrong from the original copy but they screw it up more and wont bother to fix it... great. I wont buy another game from this company again (at least no where near release like this game).

Shralla
5th Nov 2013, 01:07
I have to say I'm glad that there are so many new(ish) people with complaints about this. Goes to show that it's not just the forum regulars who are "entitled" and feel that Square Enix and Eidos are mishandling a number of things about this property.

Realdarkviper
5th Nov 2013, 07:06
Throwing in my two cents on the 360 recognizing the DC version as different from the vanilla one. I still had my vanilla saves on the 360 and when I started the DC version the 360 promptly placed my new saves in the same folder and they quickly became mixed up. It didn't effect performance but there was no way to tell which files belonged to which game.

As far as everything else that's going on I gotta say Eidos really dropped the ball here, I hope they can patch this thing into something reasonably close to what was promised

Jerion
6th Nov 2013, 22:27
Minor update for a bit of clarification.

besyuziki
6th Nov 2013, 23:41
Thanks for the elaborate list of issues.

It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game.

Just a crazy thought of mine, but isn't carrying over augs have a bigger impact on "gameplay balance" than carrying over items? Especially since there's an inflation of extra praxis with the integrated Missing Link and it's possible to make Adam close to perfection? Having extra energy slots and maxed cloak from the very beginning makes it trivial to obtain some xp bonuses and achievements. Haven't finished my NG+ run yet, but it's so obvious.

(PC, All platforms?) On the Omega Ranch mission, the door leading to the elevator for the Namir boss fight does not open after accomplishing the objective (uploading the virus).

Everyone, was this a common problem in the original 2011 release? Because I remember getting stuck there in my very first playthrough, after which I restarted the game. Not in the DC though. Both on PC by the way.

Any explanation for this? Were Polish and Russian text only or with full voice acting? If they were audio, I hope EM didn't "sacrifice" them to make room for the dev commentary or something crazy like that.

Raider of Souls
7th Nov 2013, 09:14
UPDATED ANSWER

A: The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.

This pretty much kills any hope of it being patched. This was by design. At least they are honest now.

Raijn
7th Nov 2013, 10:05
Any explanation for this? Were Polish and Russian text only or with full voice acting? If they were audio, I hope EM didn't "sacrifice" them to make room for the dev commentary or something crazy like that.
Only text. That's why this is so difficult to understand.

Blackbird SR-71C
10th Nov 2013, 17:15
Will there be a fix to enable post processing? As evidence suggests, post processing doesn't work at all currently.

HardlyAstounding
10th Nov 2013, 20:49
I don't understand what there is to look into with these errors. 95% of this game is exactly the same mechanically as the original. It still runs on the same engine; all you did was update the shaders. These are problems that you fixed a long time ago, why do they persist in what is supposed to be the definitive version? The fact that you spent 18 months working on something a modder could've done in a handful just tells people that you don't care and that the Director's Cut was a shameless cash-in that I am more than willing to attribute to executive meddling from SE.

Rudal
12th Nov 2013, 19:56
"Polish and Russian languages are missing?
Quote:
These languages are not supported in the Director’s Cut. "

Are those languages going to be available in the future or you not going to support it at all?

There are game developers that do things like this DC for free and they throw in 10GB worth extras on top of that.
And they do it proper way without cutting out languages.

FrankieSatt
12th Nov 2013, 23:55
UPDATED ANSWER

A: The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.

This pretty much kills any hope of it being patched. This was by design. At least they are honest now.

It was more than just an "Incorrect" statement, it was a BOLD FACE LIE and they damn well knew it. They just didn't think we would call them on it.

If it was designed that way than whoever decided that should be fired for incompetence, if you ask me. I'm sorry but that is a deal breaker for me and it makes me wonder about Deus Ex 4, if there is one.

I'm sorry to say but a developer needs to take over Deus Ex 4 if this the best we can get from this team.

CyberP
13th Nov 2013, 04:25
If it was designed that way than whoever decided that should be fired for incompetence, if you ask me.

Now now, no need for calling for people to lose their jobs. That's beyond spiteful. Call em incompetent, call em crappy designers, call em liars, but not that.

Raijn
17th Nov 2013, 20:16
Anything new with the "cut languages" issue?

Jerion
18th Nov 2013, 20:33
The first patch is now live! Check the OP for details.

Blackbird SR-71C
18th Nov 2013, 20:36

Damn, Post Processing still not fixed?! That's an entire graphic option unavaiable :/

Raijn
18th Nov 2013, 20:58
Polish and Russian ['][']['] Goodbye Eidos...

THC 303
18th Nov 2013, 22:10
Text-language selection option has been added/fixed.
Some performance optimizations have been added.

More on the way, but that does it for now.

ohhh yeaaaah
thanks EM

Zenball
18th Nov 2013, 22:35
Thanks for the patch all who worked on it. Jerion, could you clarify what you meant by 'More on the way, but that does it for now' - do you mean there are more patch notes coming, or more patches? Also could you clarify whether there's anything actually wrong with post processing or if the new lighting system makes the difference between having it on and off even more negligible than it was in the first place?

M3soJD
19th Nov 2013, 03:42
Just tried the patch and the game still stutters and has texture pops around the convenience store... The previous version had these problems fixed so why can't you guys? Fix your damn game!!! I'm still ticked that weapons don't even carry over for new game plus(it's like you don't get it)... Just have the enemies scale or something. Again.....

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME!!!!!

Mathalor
19th Nov 2013, 05:20
Thanks to you all for working on the patch. I hope you can get most or all of the issues resolved soon.

I'm curious about the language issue someone brought up. The game has all the same sound files, doesn't it? Why would two languages be dropped? Was there some unforeseen bug, or something?

Snake2410
19th Nov 2013, 06:43
This patch only on PC?

Blackbird SR-71C
19th Nov 2013, 11:56
Tested it. Nope. Post processing still not fixed.

See you around in about a month when the next patch *might* be released.

Mihanick
19th Nov 2013, 12:50
Please add Russian language in Director's Cut for PC - We also paid for the game in Steam and want to play on our native language.

Paladin Gunn
19th Nov 2013, 17:05
I really hope that the post-processing will be fixed ASAP

I really miss that golden shine !

nexusdx
19th Nov 2013, 19:41
the toilets in SI HQ are still black

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/705107202660724665/2B7BCAB42C655771AB519EC9306C1FFEA3220CAF/

and I hope that golden shine is never go back

CrisSpiegel
20th Nov 2013, 05:13
and I hope that golden shine is never go back

It could be optional. It's a DC, we could have some extras just for the sake of having them, like green filter, blue filter, pink filter, cel-shading, xmas hats, nerf and water guns, JC Denton skin. :nut: Good thing we have modding.

I want golden shine.

EDIT:
May I tell you what I want, what I really, really want?
*Dramatic musical vignette and closeup on the eyes*

I wanted a new, better ending.

*RUNS LIKE HELL!!*

Killah
21st Nov 2013, 01:20
Deus Ex Human Revolution will never support modding (Period) Unless they release a goddamn SDK.

Spyhopping
21st Nov 2013, 09:34
the toilets in SI HQ are still black

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/705107202660724665/2B7BCAB42C655771AB519EC9306C1FFEA3220CAF/

Those are some slick toilets.

CyberP
21st Nov 2013, 17:21
It could be optional. It's a DC, we could have some extras just for the sake of having them, like green filter, blue filter, pink filter, cel-shading, xmas hats, nerf and water guns, JC Denton skin. :nut: Good thing we have modding.

I want golden shine.

*RUNS LIKE HELL!!*

You'd better run!

Darthassin
21st Nov 2013, 18:10
I want gold filter back!

BridgetFisher
21st Nov 2013, 18:40
I want gold filter back!
Seconded!

The filter was purely artisic, I must admit it at first I hated that golden urine soaked hue. I just never saw it before, seeing it at first its different, but as the game went on it fit the game, it set the atmosphere, and I must have fell in love with the game because I played it all the way through like 4-5 times, I mean I have another 1200 or so games I need to play and Deus Ex always hogs my time because its so much fun.

Playing the Directors cut I didnt know the golden thing was removed, I havent played deus ex in maybe 2 months and forgot all about it, I knew something felt different though, it felt plain, bland, and dull in the world. It didnt have that iconic look, the artistic style that as a design choice really I feel is what made the game special to me and many others.

For now I turned the game off, Im hoping they add the filter to give me back that experience I fell in love with. Personally I think critics and everyone who hates it is like me they hated it at first. So an option to turn it on or off would be a welcomed addition.

Snake2410
21st Nov 2013, 19:07
I just wish there was word on a patch for PS3 & 360.

Shralla
21st Nov 2013, 20:57
Playing the Directors cut I didnt know the golden thing was removed, I havent played deus ex in maybe 2 months and forgot all about it, I knew something felt different though, it felt plain, bland, and dull in the world. It didnt have that iconic look, the artistic style that as a design choice really I feel is what made the game special to me and many others.

The idea that a post-processing filter is somehow response for the life and remarkability of a game's aesthetic is utterly inane. All that means is that you're proving my point. The game looks like crap, and they hid that fact behind a thick gold filter. Take away the ridiculous gold filter that realistically should have only served to be in the way and to make the game look WORSE, and it exposes the poor art design for what it is.

Either that, or you're just the worst art critic in the entire world. I hope to God that the horrendous filter is not what made the game "special" to anybody. There's nothing "special" about it at all. They literally only use it for the screenshot identification that they were so concerned with. Oh this screenshot is entirely full of yellow? Must be Deus Ex, because there wasn't any variety to the color palette whatsoever! Because after all, that's how you make things visually interesting. (no it isn't)

Personally I think critics and everyone who hates it is like me they hated it at first.

No, we still hate it, and that's because it is artistically weak, lazy in design, and just downright ugly! The game looks the same from beginning to end, and that is an artistic failing of the people who made the game.

BridgetFisher
21st Nov 2013, 21:29
The idea that a post-processing filter is somehow response for the life and remarkability of a game's aesthetic is utterly inane. All that means is that you're proving my point. The game looks like crap, and they hid that fact behind a thick gold filter. Take away the ridiculous gold filter that realistically should have only served to be in the way and to make the game look WORSE, and it exposes the poor art design for what it is.

Either that, or you're just the worst art critic in the entire world. I hope to God that the horrendous filter is not what made the game "special" to anybody. There's nothing "special" about it at all. They literally only use it for the screenshot identification that they were so concerned with. Oh this screenshot is entirely full of yellow? Must be Deus Ex, because there wasn't any variety to the color palette whatsoever! Because after all, that's how you make things visually interesting. (no it isn't)

No, we still hate it, and that's because it is artistically weak, lazy in design, and just downright ugly! The game looks the same from beginning to end, and that is an artistic failing of the people who made the game.

That escalated quickly...
Thats what art is, some hate it some like it, thats why they took it out... haha. Its never good like you said having people hate your game. I liked it though, it was there before and I liked it, now its not there, its weird I think because I get taking it out, but just getting rid of it, that seems sad.

Like art, its normal that some people like it and others hate it, thats life, just like my specialty math. Id like the option to turn it on, but I read in another thread its not a filter, which I fear is very bad news. Thats funny for screenshot identification, hey look its all yellow, must be deus ex, ha that made my day!

Oppopji
21st Nov 2013, 22:03
I've done a little bit of testing now that the first patch is out, only tested the intro so far (planning to start a proper playthrough after there have been more fixes). Some things I've noticed comparing the original and Director's Cut:

There's still stuttering... it's much better than it used to be, but it's still an issue for me.
There seems to be excessive lighting/bloom on certain illuminated signs, displays etc and similar light sources - e.g.: In the intro cutscene when you walk through the lab with Megan, there's a display visible on the left as you walk down the stairs and a sign above the first doorway you walk through. In the original you can make out a fair bit of detail on them (and actually read what the sign above the doorway says), but in the Director's Cut they both have a very heavy bloom effect. Other signs/displays along the way and later on in the intro have the same issue. Example 1 (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730346569/3CABC6C38623B1CAFE4AE62DE10F3FA0D4E869A5/) / Example 2 (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730354522/FB09BC875E1BAE97298193179A7BEC66C26B9062/)
Certain objects (in particular flasks and other shiny/reflective objects etc.) suffer from noticeable LOD "pop-in" as you get closer to them. This doesn't happen at all in the original, or if it does then it happens at such a large distance or is so subtle that it's not noticeable. Examples: Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730476987/2632F2EADD6762260A141FD418505EA159BDFB7B/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730484894/268ABF1CA38A1662650FF421CD940FBC3E1CC92E/)

Also I would still like the Director's Cut to be released on GOG.com :p

BridgetFisher
22nd Nov 2013, 06:15
I can confirm this bloom thing or whatever its called, I noticed it on the credit chips, their like real real bright! I dont think their supposed to be.

pirate1802
22nd Nov 2013, 06:23
After seeing a comparison video of original/DC comparison I'm now a lot less interested in it. Not only does the yellow haze appears to have gone but the lighting also seems a lot worse? Places that were bright is now oddly dark. like Sarif's office. Its not a dark place and Sarif has half of his face covered in ugly shadows while talking to Jensen. me no happy.

CyberP
22nd Nov 2013, 07:09
I can confirm this bloom thing or whatever its called, I noticed it on the credit chips, their like real real bright! I dont think their supposed to be.

Yep that's likely excessive bloom.

Edit: looking at those screenshots posted above, once the closest level of detail kicks in the bloom is gone at least.

BridgetFisher
22nd Nov 2013, 08:30
Whats with the weird behavior when people talk? I noticed this in the reg deus ex and the directors cut, they look like their bouncing all over the place. Is that a polling issue with the processor that I suspect it is?

Oppopji
22nd Nov 2013, 16:28
After seeing a comparison video of original/DC comparison I'm now a lot less interested in it. Not only does the yellow haze appears to have gone but the lighting also seems a lot worse? Places that were bright is now oddly dark. like Sarif's office. Its not a dark place and Sarif has half of his face covered in ugly shadows while talking to Jensen. me no happy.

Decided to make some comparison shots of Sarif's office (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157758461473/E909CCE436881F59C7A7DA17826E8393894B691D/) after reading this... quite a difference. Wonder why it was changed so much...

Jake Denton
25th Nov 2013, 22:06
I'm kinda surprised at this thread, I've been playing the game this past week and I think it's great.. I haven't even gotten a to chance try the new game plus (I admit not having your weapons follow you is stupid) but besides that the dev commentary is great and I don't see how it's even debatable to say the game looks better. I don't notice any difference in AI and it seems they left out the new augmentation that Wii U got.

I really think it was worth it just for the developer commentary alone, I'm learning stuff about the game I never knew before even after 4 playthroughs, so to peak my interest in the game once again, I'm satisfied. That being said I'm playing the 360 version so I haven't run into any technical issues besides a bit of stuttering (pretty much happens with every 360 game at this point)

Jake Denton
25th Nov 2013, 22:22
I've done a little bit of testing now that the first patch is out, only tested the intro so far (planning to start a proper playthrough after there have been more fixes). Some things I've noticed comparing the original and Director's Cut:

There's still stuttering... it's much better than it used to be, but it's still an issue for me.
There seems to be excessive lighting/bloom on certain illuminated signs, displays etc and similar light sources - e.g.: In the intro cutscene when you walk through the lab with Megan, there's a display visible on the left as you walk down the stairs and a sign above the first doorway you walk through. In the original you can make out a fair bit of detail on them (and actually read what the sign above the doorway says), but in the Director's Cut they both have a very heavy bloom effect. Other signs/displays along the way and later on in the intro have the same issue. Example 1 (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730346569/3CABC6C38623B1CAFE4AE62DE10F3FA0D4E869A5/) / Example 2 (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730354522/FB09BC875E1BAE97298193179A7BEC66C26B9062/)
Certain objects (in particular flasks and other shiny/reflective objects etc.) suffer from noticeable LOD "pop-in" as you get closer to them. This doesn't happen at all in the original, or if it does then it happens at such a large distance or is so subtle that it's not noticeable. Examples: Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730476987/2632F2EADD6762260A141FD418505EA159BDFB7B/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157730484894/268ABF1CA38A1662650FF421CD940FBC3E1CC92E/)

Also I would still like the Director's Cut to be released on GOG.com :p

wow if that isn't knitpicking....

I mean everyone is gonna have their own personal preference when it comes to the visuals of a game, but the developers had a specific vision for the game and that's why it looks the way it looks.. hell they even joked about it themselves about so much yellow and black in the game and if you look closely you can see there are yellow paint cans littered throughout the game.

Personally I don't find the bloom excessive at all, I've seen a lot worse. Looks good to me.

As for the stuttering, I played the PC version of the original game and didn't experience any, so not sure what you mean by "still" stutters... maybe you have the settings too high? I was only playing it with a GTX 660 which is a mid level GPU

Shralla
25th Nov 2013, 23:03
I was only playing it with a GTX 660 which is a mid level GPU

I mean... NOW it is, yeah. For Human Revolution, a GTX 660 is better than anything you'd ever need to play it on max settings.

Oppopji
26th Nov 2013, 01:01
wow if that isn't knitpicking....

I don't think it's at all nitpicky or unreasonable to expect the Director's cut - essentially the 'Ultimate' edition of the game - to look and perform at least as well as the original?

I mean everyone is gonna have their own personal preference when it comes to the visuals of a game, but the developers had a specific vision for the game and that's why it looks the way it looks.. hell they even joked about it themselves about so much yellow and black in the game and if you look closely you can see there are yellow paint cans littered throughout the game.

Personally I don't find the bloom excessive at all, I've seen a lot worse. Looks good to me.

I suggest you take another look at those comparison shots again (I currently have both the original and Director's Cut installed for comparison)... in the Director's Cut the bloom obscures most of the detail, to the point that you can't read the sign above the doorway even when you're practically right in front of it!

Here are some more screenshots:

Original (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470920476290832685/93CD7F1DFD1E566221C6754B246BA2D96734E3F7/)
Original (PP off) (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469794762477242071/5D6E9779104F6E257951BF9DC75C66F0EABD1D17/)
Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469794762477031062/6D11FB5C31AA1F4FFDA6F6697DF8D3F4C877C3D8/)

Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/470920476290840257/BCED0D7A3500C4D11BE37CEBEBD0462A9016D4E7/)
Original (PP off) (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469794762477253469/1D93822A62A7BD418AFD90FDACC51BB61FD887FE/)
Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469794762477057656/816D9480E60FCA12998964FABE238EC7FB38D2A8/)

The LOD pop-in affects more than just the flasks BTW; I just used those as they were the easiest to demonstrate.

As for the stuttering, I played the PC version of the original game and didn't experience any, so not sure what you mean by "still" stutters... maybe you have the settings too high? I was only playing it with a GTX 660 which is a mid level GPU

My system is more than capable of handling DXHR. I bought the collector's edition of DXHR at release (well, pre-ordered) and have since played through it completely several times, maxed out, at 1680x1050. I did not see any of the issues I'm currently seeing with the Director's Cut. No stuttering, no excessive bloom, no LOD issues etc.

These are my system specs:

Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.5GHz
8GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Nvidia GTX 570

Shralla
26th Nov 2013, 02:17
I think the colors on the Director's Cut look much better, but everything else looks terrible. What the hell happened?

Pinky_Powers
26th Nov 2013, 03:15
I think the colors on the Director's Cut look much better, but everything else looks terrible. What the hell happened?

I don't think that's true for everyone. Mine looks as good as always.

Oppopji
27th Nov 2013, 20:54
I progressed through the first mission in both the Director's Cut and the original. Now that I've been specifically looking for it I've noticed that quite a few objects actually have some degree of LOD pop-in in the original as well, although they're not as bad/noticeable as the newly affected objects in the Director's Cut (it looks like it's just a few objects in the Director's Cut that act differently to the original and stand out). Maybe it would be possible to add an option to set LOD distance?

Anyway, here's another example of an object with LOD pop-in that doesn't happen in the original game:

Normal detail (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469794824722838168/BCAD8591BC4AD5101E35DB9C452EAA9E65A56DFB/)
Low detail (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469794824722851657/98552976919B2708F753C2E9C8C097FC455CA749/)
Alternate view (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469794824722910258/A5EEEF15E436D84BA359113A2DCB946526CA45A3/)
Original game (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469794824741021621/DA78B4037CFC958A7E1397A1788C74CDD909AE09/)

I also found one object in the Director's Cut that disappears when you get closer to it:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469794824722918859/6CFA672E875CFB998B2DA932C8999B35F0783EE3/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/469794824722924228/F994EFD459A6418CC28EE2B44336C51B339EFD61/
(all instances of this that I encountered seem to do this)

Ashpolt
27th Nov 2013, 23:18
Damn, bad news here. Item pop-in and excessive bloom (http://www.phasemonkey.co.uk/2012/03/bloomin-heck-a-look-at-the-lighter-side-of-syndicate/) are two things that really bother me in games, which is a real shame because other than that I think the Director's Cut looks a lot better: without the gold filter the overall look of the game is much more varied.

I'll probably still pick it up at sometime - I'm not going to argue with £4 or whatever it is, and would like to try the new boss fights - but I'm not in a hurry. XCOM's keeping me busy for now anyway...

Oppopji
29th Nov 2013, 01:58
Some more comparison shots (post-processing off in original):

Sarif's Office Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002244344163/715CC357C4E9B43C0A4F55FAEADC3FCFA09EB5AF/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002244353164/916600370AFFE29887943AE094CD3DA27229C4CA/)

Athene's Desk Original (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002244393338/5F567999B459FB4B06DAAD8778BDE729EC20440B/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002244400045/1BB43AC25DCD176961F3121C9A7B3DD958B9CB33/)

Sarif HQ 1 Original (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241106901/FC95269CFC5DD09D8CEE0C1180786115E5FA4D96/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241123590/33D06346DFD731F761B0C40BB3C7ED2EE39E7BC7/)

Sarif HQ 2 Original (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002244578063/E24823B1075AF3D218577B190FEB2FF5EEAA32E8/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002244584444/58909D551C9832BF20A519F13825076696557D5E/)

Sarif HQ 3 Original (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241153354/741163C5D76A42DAC3EF1810265DD73DE3DE4DDC/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241228551/0E3CDF3FBBE95585719903E313211598BF63E27A/)

Detroit 1 Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241297441/123B97E52A4B63D5DCF48512F2AEA6DF07C2ED5F/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241276541/A1A5FF9BADFADAD6DA8AF7AD4666C9D6C982886C/)

Detroit 2 Original (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241338096/24BEF5B597A7DCCB5A4FD7CA3C8C7BEC8F192138/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241346304/C875D8B39A04CFD0E5C4452CB49691BAE0B1CC56/) (It seems that quite a few shiny/reflective objects appear to have lost their shine in the DC)

Detroit 3 Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241606579/02700F332629DCDE6D33A8FAF8380A6980F60DCE/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241625495/FD4AED45427CEAF30666CE810EB17E619DDC56D2/)

Detroit 4 Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241409449/6AC241F30B4AF79F657C236D2C6948BE2E4EA433/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241419011/8F0A61A229460A4B15E3ECA3AEB8A4471D062672/)

Detroit 5 Original (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241451877/756708AE3EC463B5743B8F74258A2382662F119D/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241466378/61CDB4D7A6A1BA13AECE00A6903AF0D309DF7310/)

Detroit 6 Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241523130/5349A499733EC427B3FAC608883F69C6976D0474/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241534665/0383C8F8B1EFB4360FB00A2D7114A9012F7C4BA3/)

Detroit 7 Original (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241682564/A8B17B067A68A8038C7F1CC57DEC2B06D2B65066/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241702385/433D6F144BD9BB7CF75CD15157B64E015FF73E81/)

CrisSpiegel
1st Dec 2013, 17:17
Detroit 2 Original (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241338096/24BEF5B597A7DCCB5A4FD7CA3C8C7BEC8F192138/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469795002241346304/C875D8B39A04CFD0E5C4452CB49691BAE0B1CC56/) (It seems that quite a few shiny/reflective objects appear to have lost their shine in the DC)

OUCH! A thousand times OUCH! This is the new encyclopedic illustration for the entry Awful!!

Shralla
1st Dec 2013, 19:51
So is this just you or is this what everybody's game looked like? If that's what everybody's game looks like... sux 2 b Eidos Montreal

Blackbird SR-71C
1st Dec 2013, 19:55
So is this just you or is this what everybody's game looked like? If that's what everybody's game looks like... sux 2 b Eidos Montreal

This is what everyones game looks like. As I've said, for whatever reason, currently no post-processing will work with the Directors Cut at all. Not the game's own Post processing (gold filter and some other neat effects) nor fan-made ENBs or the like work. They can be installed and the game will run normally, but their effects won't be applied.

Shralla
1st Dec 2013, 23:05
As if the DC didn't get them bad enough press to begin with, now the game is visually worse than a game from over two years ago?

Eilarais
2nd Dec 2013, 01:10
Wow, I thought I was just remembering the original version wrong. But from those screens there is a serious loss of quality in the new version. It looks like someone who didn't know what they were doing messed with the shaders.

How about adding an option to render the game the old way?

BridgetFisher
3rd Dec 2013, 11:18

I noticed this as well, I didnt like playing the game like this because without that lighting it felt like so much detail I was missing out on. So much time and effort went into making all those little books, and notes, and things on the ceiling and I want to see it all to enjoy every bit of it :D

(Hope this can be fixed, fingers crossed!!!)

Cyberhuman
3rd Dec 2013, 21:40
I'm worried..

The DC was never meant to be implemented for PC; they already had a very good version of the game that worked perfectly, and now Steam has removed the original Deus Ex: HR from the store, only the DC is now available; essentially a lower quality-version of the game. Puzzling.. (and troubling)

This is so sad, I just can't see how they in good conscience can leave their game to such a fate..

CyberP
4th Dec 2013, 14:09
What a shame.

HardlyAstounding
7th Dec 2013, 01:49
This is so sad, I just can't see how they in good conscience can leave their game to such a fate..

It probably costs extra money to host the original DXHR and its store page when there is an equal-priced version that features more content. Still doesn't justify the Director's Cut being a terrible hack job but still, SE is a business.

Jito463
7th Dec 2013, 03:05
It probably costs extra money to host the original DXHR and its store page when there is an equal-priced version that features more content. Still doesn't justify the Director's Cut being a terrible hack job but still, SE is a business.

If you're referring to the Steam store download, they still have to continue hosting the original download files for DE:HR, for those who purchased it. Even games that have been completely removed from Steam are still available for download to those who purchased it.

HardlyAstounding
8th Dec 2013, 00:22
If you're referring to the Steam store download, they still have to continue hosting the original download files for DE:HR, for those who purchased it.

Ah, right.

besyuziki
8th Dec 2013, 09:40
They host the vanilla game for those who have it in their library, but for newcomers to Human Revolution, the store only offers HR: Director's Cut.

Remember Doom 3 BFG edition, the re-release of Doom 3 for new consoles, with supposedly improved assets and integrated expansion packs? It caused a mini tantrum when Steam stopped selling vanilla Doom 3 after Doom 3 BFG edition was released. I haven't played it myself (I played the original back in the day and I still have the box on my shelf) but apparently Doom 3 BFG edition on PC was terrible at everything, was incompatible with popular Doom 3 mods, and caused new technical issues.

Now people say the DC looks worse and is in general more problematic than the vanilla game, post processing doesn't work, and the handful of mods made for vanilla are incompatible with it.

Coincidence? :D

dysamoria
21st Dec 2013, 03:28

Well, here i am joining this forum because i just bought this game on Steam yesterday, and today tried to play it only to find that the framerate/motion is terribly jittery. It's impossible to participate in combat with this performance and the jerky motion is hard to look at. Looks like a cool game, but i can't play it like this.

How do i know that the "first patch" is even in there? The build version says 2.0.0.0.

None of the suggested Registry changes helps it at all. In fact, i can't seem to find ANY results by changing any of the Advanced video settings (post processing does nothing, nor, apparently, do any of the other settings). In fact, if i lower the resolution, the stuttering actually gets WORSE. No settings changes in NVidia's custom settings panel seem to affect anything.

When is this going to be fixed?

Windows Vista SP2 64-bit, NVidia 8800GTX, Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3.0 GHz, 8GB RAM.

Nuclearsnake
2nd Jan 2014, 09:35
can we have an offical statement about the gold filter?

would like to have it back too^^
any chance? :)

dysamoria
5th Jan 2014, 04:34
How about also fixing the lethal non-lethal weapon glitch too??

Jito463
5th Jan 2014, 07:42
I don't know, it's like in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. They don't call them "non-lethal" weapons, they're "less-than-lethal". As in, it's unlikely to cause death, but not completely impossible. I think it adds some realism. Some people can be killed by a burst of energy shoving them against a wall, or a dose of knock-out drugs being pumped into their system. I kind of like it, myself.

Shralla
6th Jan 2014, 00:14
As a gameplay system, it's terrible. In the game, they never refer to the weapons as "less-than-lethal." They are always called non-lethal alternatives. And given that a core part of the game is the ability to play it in an entirely non-lethal way, having a bug that causes people to die from your non-lethal weapons is game-breaking. If had ever had the notion to play through entirely non-lethal, I sure as hell wouldn't even try now that I hear I have to check every single person I knock out just in case they died because of a poor bit of programming.

Pinky_Powers
6th Jan 2014, 03:04
Must have missed something. Who dies when you use a non-lethal weapon?

dysamoria
6th Jan 2014, 04:03
As a gameplay system, it's terrible. In the game, they never refer to the weapons as "less-than-lethal." They are always called non-lethal alternatives. And given that a core part of the game is the ability to play it in an entirely non-lethal way, having a bug that causes people to die from your non-lethal weapons is game-breaking. If had ever had the notion to play through entirely non-lethal, I sure as hell wouldn't even try now that I hear I have to check every single person I knock out just in case they died because of a poor bit of programming.

This is exactly how i feel about it. It's like "why provide a feature if using it breaks the thing?" i normally apply that line of thinking to Windows itself, but it applies to all software. It's a gameplay feature to attract players (and buyers). If it's broken, it's broken.

dysamoria
6th Jan 2014, 04:06
Must have missed something. Who dies when you use a non-lethal weapon?

i first started noticing it in the gang members, when trying to move through the area that you're supposed to get through without being seen (side-quest for the undercover internal affairs cop). When shooting tranq darts from a fire escape, the first gang banger i shoot, no matter which one it is i shoot first, shows as dead, despite the "merciful soul" XP tag coming up on screen.

muffinman123
6th Jan 2014, 19:06
can someone confirm if you can get foxiest on new game+?

so far I have lost 2 ghost experience bonus even though I followed the guide verbatim. I thought it was nothing but then I lost my foxiest trophy on my last playthrough.

why isn't there a stats page to tell me how I am doing in the game?

HERESY
6th Jan 2014, 20:55
I don't think I'll be opening my copy anytime soon. I'm reading about too many issues here.

muffinman123
7th Jan 2014, 07:10
ok, just confirmed that there is a ghost bonus problem with new game+ on ps3 version of HRDC

when I 1st enter the serif factory undetected, if I do a fresh run, I get ghost bonus.
but if I do it with new game+, I don't get the ghost bonus. maybe this is the reason I couldn't get foxiest on new game+?

Deckard79
12th Jan 2014, 14:37
STILL no further updates or further patches?

This is absolutely insulting. I didn't pay for Deus Ex Human Revolution/Missing Link a SECOND time for what is effectively a crippled pc version of both. As things stand that is blatant misselling.

We are loyal customers and we deserve better treatment than this!

Franubis
12th Jan 2014, 17:07
STILL no further updates or further patches?

This is absolutely insulting. I didn't pay for Deus Ex Human Revolution/Missing Link a SECOND time for what is effectively a crippled pc version of both. As things stand that is blatant misselling.

We are loyal customers and we deserve better treatment than this!

It's Square Enix, can't expect much from them... even less considering they gave the developement of the DC to a third company.

They even stopped working with Intel on the Second Screen app for PC abruptly, without any notification or update or anything!

Let's just hope they are able to keep any of their promises and provide a second patch for these graphic bugs and lack of SSAO, but I'm not expecting much...

Deckard79
12th Jan 2014, 18:36
It's Square Enix, can't expect much from them... even less considering they gave the developement of the DC to a third company.

They even stopped working with Intel on the Second Screen app for PC abruptly, without any notification or update or anything!

Let's just hope they are able to keep any of their promises and provide a second patch for these graphic bugs and lack of SSAO, but I'm not expecting much...

So effectively, they have found a way to take money from thousands of us in exchange for absolutely nothing.

Surely we have to question whether that is even technically legal - a modern 'Emporer's New Clothes'...

Jerion
12th Jan 2014, 18:45
I haven't heard anything about the remaining "points of interest" regarding the Director's Cut, which is why we've been publicly quiet on that front, but I'll ask around again.

So effectively, they have found a way to take money from thousands of us in exchange for absolutely nothing.

Surely we have to question whether that is even technically legal - a modern 'Emporer's New Clothes'...

That's hyperbole if I've ever read it. The initial patch solved several of the outstanding issues that plagued the new content in the Director's Cut. To say that it's "absolutely nothing" makes me think you need to step back a bit.

Shralla
12th Jan 2014, 20:35

To be fair, I didn't buy it because I had a feeling something like this was going to happen. You live and you learn, I suppose.

Spyhopping
12th Jan 2014, 20:42
http://www.showmenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mystic-meg-horoscop_384331a.jpg

...seriously though, another patch would be great. We'll ask around again.

muffinman123
13th Jan 2014, 03:48
I don't understand why there isn't a stats screen in the game menus of the director's cut when the kill count and alarm count are so important to the progress.

HERESY
13th Jan 2014, 20:25
This is on sale on PSN for $15. Does anyone here have the digital/dl version? If so do you have any issues?

Deckard79
13th Jan 2014, 23:15
I haven't heard anything about the remaining "points of interest" regarding the Director's Cut, which is why we've been publicly quiet on that front, but I'll ask around again.

That's hyperbole if I've ever read it. The initial patch solved several of the outstanding issues that plagued the new content in the Director's Cut. To say that it's "absolutely nothing" makes me think you need to step back a bit.

I don't think so - the reason I stated 'absolutely nothing' is because, for PC owners, the Director's Cut is in a worse state than the original, meaning those who purchased the DC are actually REVERTING to the original as a matter of preference.

Something has to be seriously wrong there.

HERESY
14th Jan 2014, 00:09
I don't think so - the reason I stated 'absolutely nothing' is because, for PC owners, the Director's Cut is in a worse state than the original, meaning those who purchased the DC are actually REVERTING to the original as a matter of preference.

Something is wrong an I doubt they are going to do anything to fix it.

Darthassin
14th Jan 2014, 08:31

Absolutely true. If I want to play DXHR I play original DXHR - it looks much better and it runs much better.

dogsolitude_uk
14th Jan 2014, 19:51
Yeah, I really hope they fix the shaders and textures. There's a screenshot comparison thread on the Steam forums, which highlights some of the worst bits of the degraded graphics performance: the strangely 'matte' cars with no reflections in Detroit, the weird 'glow' around many NPCs. The game looks much worse than the original.

Admittedly I was disappointed and felt pretty ripped off, but then it only cost me a few quid, and so I figured it was worth it for the rebalanced boss fights and the commentary, but seeing as this is the kind of thing that CDProjekt Red would issue as a free update, it's kind of knocked my confidence in Eidos/Squeenix to care about their PC gamer base.

Here's hoping they don't screw Thief up...

HERESY
14th Jan 2014, 20:01
It doesn't matter if some other company would release it for free. Capcom would charge for this type of update so what does it matter?

Bottom line is they need to fix the game but I seriously doubt they will. I have an unopened ps3 copy and planned to play it but then I saw that the PSN version is $15. But still, I can't bring myself to do it because this version looks inferior from the previous version. So I think I may just sell my unopened copy on CL or trade in for credit.

dogsolitude_uk
14th Jan 2014, 21:07
It doesn't matter if some other company would release it for free. Capcom would charge for this type of update so what does it matter?

Well, it's just that usual conversational thing where one compares the way one company behaves towards its customers with another. It's not meant as a tacit threat or anything, it's not a hugely important point either. It was just a simple statement that a rival company treats its customers in a slightly better way. But we're getting off track here: if you didn't see the point in that statement then fair enough. I can accept that.

Thing is, the original's been taken off Steam now, so I guess if they want to continue to get any kind of revenue from DE:HR:DC they should really sort it out, but like you suggest, someone's probably done a cost-benefit analysis on this already and if they were going to finish the job we'd've heard something by now.

As for your other point about not playing or selling it, well, I see where you're coming from there. Playing this version has sort of retroactively (???) ruined the original for me a bit. It's like hearing a crappy mix of a song you love, and only being able to remember that version! So yeah, I'd actually flog the Director's Cut and stick with the original-and-best :)

Doomfrost
14th Jan 2014, 21:53
So why did they change the textures and graphics? From looking at the comparison screen shots they look worse. It's the only reason keeping me from purchasing the director's cut.

Jerion
14th Jan 2014, 23:14
For the most part, the graphical adjustments centered on improving shaders and lighting (including the color-toning effect). On a technical level, this was intended to incrementally improve the game's overall visual quality. Evidently, the SSAO implementation was changed or affected in some way, and in some places cubemap reflections were toned down or removed. The lighting changes were in part to touch up the environments that the artists felt could use a bit of visual refinement, and to close the aesthetic gap between the base game and The Missing Link. The base game's color palette was gold, green and black; with TML's use of color, that has been changed for DC to reduce the gold tone a bit and give added emphasis to blues and reds.

Second-screen functionality on the PC version is built on top of software developed by Intel. Intel has not yet released this software, so EM is waiting on them for enabling that feature and distributing other fixes.

HERESY
14th Jan 2014, 23:38
Well, it's just that usual conversational thing where one compares the way one company behaves towards its customers with another. It's not meant as a tacit threat or anything, it's not a hugely important point either. It was just a simple statement that a rival company treats its customers in a slightly better way. But we're getting off track here: if you didn't see the point in that statement then fair enough. I can accept that.

Thing is, the original's been taken off Steam now, so I guess if they want to continue to get any kind of revenue from DE:HR:DC they should really sort it out, but like you suggest, someone's probably done a cost-benefit analysis on this already and if they were going to finish the job we'd've heard something by now.

As for your other point about not playing or selling it, well, I see where you're coming from there. Playing this version has sort of retroactively (???) ruined the original for me a bit. It's like hearing a crappy mix of a song you love, and only being able to remember that version! So yeah, I'd actually flog the Director's Cut and stick with the original-and-best :)

I seriously doubt you'll see a patch. They've done the math and it isn't feasible to fix this unless they already have the fixes but are waiting for Intel to get on the ball so they can do it all at one time. Now mind you, I'm not even a PC gamer but what happened to you guys was flat out wrong and I expected better from EM. However, I can't place all of the blame on EM because if people weren't on here lusting for the DC to be ported, we wouldn't have this problem. The 360 version doesn't work, the pc version doesn't work, the ps3 version barely works and the WiiU versions is superior to all. EM has dropped the ball as they advertised the second screen for the 360 and it doesn't even work. Not one person has been able to use it.

Doomfrost
15th Jan 2014, 02:40
For the most part, the graphical adjustments centered on improving shaders and lighting (including the color-toning effect). On a technical level, this was intended to incrementally improve the game's overall visual quality. Evidently, the SSAO implementation was changed or affected in some way, and in some places cubemap reflections were toned down or removed. The lighting changes were in part to touch up the environments that the artists felt could use a bit of visual refinement, and to close the aesthetic gap between the base game and The Missing Link. The base game's color palette was gold, green and black; with TML's use of color, that has been changed for DC to reduce the gold tone a bit and give added emphasis to blues and reds.

Second-screen functionality on the PC version is built on top of software developed by Intel. Intel has not yet released this software, so EM is waiting on them for enabling that feature and distributing other fixes.

Meh would have been better if the palette changes were left a drop down option so players could chose to either go with the old scheme or new. I really liked the gold scheme, don't really like to see it toned down.
Guess I'll just stick to vanilla DX:HR, no offense meant to the artists, but I just prefer the original scheme.

Franubis
15th Jan 2014, 08:06

Oh, ok, thanks a lot for the update on these fixes! It was mostly the lack of info that had me worried, very happy to know they haven't just forgotten this game.

dogsolitude_uk
15th Jan 2014, 19:29

Thanks Jerion, that's really interesting. Shame a few bits fell through the cracks during this process though. Good to know there will be other fixes, whatever they are! Will be interested to see what comes along.

Shralla
15th Jan 2014, 20:47
Jerion doesn't know any better than us whether there will be more fixes or not. He's assuming there will be since that's the last official thing we heard from EM, but that was a long time ago. More than long enough ago for said fixes to have been out already.

HERESY
15th Jan 2014, 20:47
Jerion doesn't know any better than us whether there will be more fixes or not. He's assuming there will be since that's the last official thing we heard from EM, but that was a long time ago. More than long enough ago for said fixes to have been out already.

I agree.

Jerion
15th Jan 2014, 21:46

False. This might come as a shock, but I do exchange messages with the development and marketing teams on occasion, this last time being one of those occasions. As we don't have a full-time CM at the moment, I coordinate with Valerie at times to see to it that information gets passed back and forth between the studio and community.

Shralla
15th Jan 2014, 22:37
As we don't have a full-time CM at the moment

EM does seem to go through those pretty quick, don't they? My mistake then, we were told throughout the entirety of DXHR development that mods don't know anything more than we do, and that the Community Manager was the only one with a real line of communication to the dev team.

Spyhopping
15th Jan 2014, 22:49
Things are quite capable of changing, and it should be expected considering what's been going on. Since the release of DXHR, the mod team has grown and most of us have spent some time with one another and the devs in person. Now that Adam isn't there, John is communicating quite regularly with Valerie and the rest of the marketing team to help out. I can't speak for the other mods, but I'm rather hands-off in comparison.

Shralla
15th Jan 2014, 23:02
So you guys have to do for free what Adam and Kyle were getting paid for?

Spyhopping
15th Jan 2014, 23:22
So you guys have to do for free what Adam and Kyle were getting paid for?

No (I certainly don't anyway). I know a little bit about Adam's job, and it was intense. He needed to be in the office for it.

Freyja
15th Jan 2014, 23:25
I can confirm that Jerion did get his information straight from the producer of the Director's Cut. We are indeed waiting for Intel to release the second screen functionality, and another patch is in the works.

In the temporary absence of a dedicated Community Manager, I for one greatly appreciate the initiative shown by Jerion and the other mods to fill in the gaps in the flow of communication. Like you rightly point out, Shralla, the mods are not paid for their hard work, so they could just as well leave your questions unanswered. It would be nice if they didn't get bad vibes and attitude as their only reward.

HERESY
15th Jan 2014, 23:53
I can confirm that Jerion did get his information straight from the producer of the Director's Cut. We are indeed waiting for Intel to release the second screen functionality, and another patch is in the works.

Here is where I have a problem. You guys are waiting for Intel to do what they need to do but what if it takes 3 more months? Six months? One year? You guys are just going to sit on the patch and not fix other problems because Intel is moving at their own pace?

I have a sealed DC but I have NO PROBLEM buying the PSN version if I know the issues are going to be resolved in a timely fashion.

MrShadowofthewind
16th Jan 2014, 01:35
So Eidos, are you or are you not going to patch in installation for the Xbox 360 version ? This is such a standard feature, i really do not understand how you could possibly forget to include it, even more so since the original version does have this yet this 'ultimate' version does not, wich you never bothered to mention in your advertising.Most people specifically bought HDD console versions because of this so obviously installation is a big deal for most of us, i really cannot play your game while my console is running full throttle.Frankiesatt is absolutely right, i will be returning my copy and never ever buy any of your products again, if you do not even care to listen to your customers and patch it in.You told us to give you feedback for any technical isseus we are experiencing, we provided you this a dozen of times by now, and you simply wipe if off the table by telling us that it is not supported.Than what is the point in giving you our feedback in the first place ? We know it is not supported, and we want you to do something about this !

MrShadowofthewind
16th Jan 2014, 02:00
How about the technical isseu that they forgot to include the option to install the game to your HDD ? Wich is why the game is stuttering, the console has to do with the dvd drive wich we all know sucks and makes the noise of a rocket launch, that is why smart developers give theyre customers the option to install the game, but not Eidos with theyre 'ultimate' version.

Blackbird SR-71C
17th Jan 2014, 15:25

In the temporary absence of a dedicated Community Manager, I for one greatly appreciate the initiative shown by Jerion and the other mods to fill in the gaps in the flow of communication. Like you rightly point out, Shralla, the mods are not paid for their hard work, so they could just as well leave your questions unanswered. It would be nice if they didn't get bad vibes and attitude as their only reward.

Will patch Nr.2 fix the missing post-processing effects? Those haven't even been acknowledged yet.

dogsolitude_uk
17th Jan 2014, 18:29

I'd like to +1 this. Having worked in a relationship management role in a leading blue-chip company I can attest that it's very tough indeed when you have a horde of stakeholders/customers all clamouring for information, you're trying to keep everyone happy and get that info for them, but it's not forthcoming either because those in the know are keeping stumm or because of general upheaval in the business. That was my job for two years, and I was dealing with 250 brokers in the City of London. :mad2:

The fact that Jerion and Spyhopping have voluntarily stepped into doing a bit of that role, for nothing, for us, says a lot about those guys. They're going above and beyond the call of duty as mods on a forum. :thumb:

As such I'd respectfully suggest that we refrain from shooting the messengers if no news if forthcoming. :)

As for Eidos/Square Enix, well... After I finished working with the brokers I did a stint in Marketing. This kind of 'no news' can be potentially brand damaging, especially when there are disgruntled customers that have paid for a product that is arguably substandard or bugridden. It can negatively affect future profits as those that have been 'bitten' will be less likely to want to purchase further goods or services.

For example, how many people here that feel short changed by the Director's Cut (e.g. because of worse graphics, glitches etc.) would be inclined to buy a sequel at full price on launch date?

Jerion's confirmed from his source that more patches and fixes are on the way, pending Intel's software release. We don't know the full extent of what's in it, whether it will address the shader issues, installation on Xbox or whatever, but I am left stroking my beard and going 'hmmm...' about all this.

evodoc
17th Jan 2014, 19:06
After spending numerous hours in the base game and Missing Link I decided to grab the Director's Cut upgrade. Although I haven't experienced major bugs while playing, still found a few annoying ones:
- Non-lethal weapons (tranq. rifle) being lethal.
- Ragdoll problems: like dragging an unconcious guy to the other room results the guy becoming dead, OR in an other case the body being stuck in the floor.
- Items on the floor may get under it, which makes it hard to pick up looking for the "sweet spot" (if there is any) of the "invisible" item. For example in Missing Link the pocket secretary "H-02 D-02 NEW LASER GRID CODE" disappeared which made me look for the code on the Internet cause I'm going for the Factory Zero achievement ATM.
- Leaving/entering cover restarts the weapon reloading process (I remember this was also present in the base game too).
- In Missing Link the conversation with "bratán" is played twice: when picking up the gear and then again when picking up the weapons.
- There was one time when an enemy was floating in the air near the catwalk in Alice Garden. When he spotted me he was teleported to the right place.
- DRB spawning right behind me in Derelict Row.
- The monitor has no screen when Jensen is talking to "bratán" at the CIC.
- At conversations the screen suddenly changes zoom, or the camera is placed badly so both people are off screen.
- Jensen's face gets weird textures when talking to the hacker in Alice Garden.
- Projectiles hitting the cover although the sight is clearly on target.
- Some NPC's voice (actor) changes.
- Tong Jr.'s poop is glowing in the toilet in his cell.

CyberP
17th Jan 2014, 19:11
It would be nice if they didn't get bad vibes and attitude as their only reward.

Going to see you guys and spying the new products in the works was their reward. We can lay into them without feeling any guilt, especially since they know info about DX4 we do not :D

Shralla
17th Jan 2014, 20:19
Going to see you guys and spying the new products in the works was their reward.

This. The idea that that is somehow not a reward is ridiculous. I don't care how neutral you think you are, being given opportunities like that skews your perspective.

JCpies
17th Jan 2014, 20:49
damn jerion the oppressor and spyhopping the opportunist yet again infiltrate the ranks of eidos montreal in return for spreading propaganda on the internet

i have plan guys

let's pay off one of them to double cross eidos montreal and feed us intel on their operations

better yet we can blackmail them or threaten to post negative comments about them on the internet for 48 hours until they give into the pressure

it is sure to succeed

dysamoria
18th Jan 2014, 08:00
... As for Eidos/Square Enix, well... After I finished working with the brokers I did a stint in Marketing. This kind of 'no news' can be potentially brand damaging, especially when there are disgruntled customers that have paid for a product that is arguably substandard or bugridden. It can negatively affect future profits as those that have been 'bitten' will be less likely to want to purchase further goods or services.

For example, how many people here that feel short changed by the Director's Cut (e.g. because of worse graphics, glitches etc.) would be inclined to buy a sequel at full price on launch date?

Jerion's confirmed from his source that more patches and fixes are on the way, pending Intel's software release. We don't know the full extent of what's in it, whether it will address the shader issues, installation on Xbox or whatever, but I am left stroking my beard and going 'hmmm...' about all this.

... aaand i will +1 this. This is my first purchase from EM, i think. The fact that this is the "Director's Cut" marketed to me that it was the ultimate and most updated version, NOT that it was a bug-ridden first edition with some DLC stuck back in and some boss adjustments. The fact that this is a different code base should NOT be a concern to end users, and that makes it NOT an excuse. These fixes were made in the previous edition, as i am learning here, but i paid for an edition that leaves out the fixes that were done the first time around. It's like buying software marketed as Service Release 3 and finding you got the Beta instead.

How do i feel about buying games from this publisher/developer in the future? Not good. i'm still playing the game, and i am still enjoying the fact that it is a good game, creatively, but i am very frustrated by the technical failures, like the framerate, non-lethal/lethal bugs, weird lighting issues on faces (the insides of people's mouths should be in shadow, yet they kind of shine brighter than their facial features, and the Alice Gardens issue mentioned above was really horrible to look at), plus i get the impression that the AI and cover features are rather broken, since a stun gun dart wont make it through an opening in cover that is pretty obviously not obstructing the gun, yet the same exposure leads to me being seen by someone who's body is positioned in such a way that their eyes could not possibly have a line of sight that the game acts like they have (as well as cover failures that work in my favor and seem ridiculous, like pushing a crate down a hallway right up to two guards talking and they don't notice it until one of the dude's eyes are visible to me)... etc.

The computer industry is quite offensive, actually, to consumers. i'm a long time participant in this industry and actually exited it because of hating consumer abuse... but i can't exit from the consumer world. i'd have to throw away my computer(s) and swear off all technology. That's not a solution. Developers shouldn't be excusing anything with tech jargon and developer problems, nor excuses of third parties being the hold up when the fixes users deserve have nothing to do with that feature that is being waited on. That's not on us, that's on them. Release a fix when the code is fixed, not when some third party gets around to making their extraneous feature available on the platform.

As for the messenger getting shot... i didn't see it that way, and i have been on many forums where the official line is "the moderators do not have special access to info/developers, so do not treat them as if they do". What i saw was a response that assumed that position, not a "shoot the messenger" retaliation. Consider the context. These are customers who have not received the product they were sold. Fair to be angry. Games should be fun, not a bunch of wading through online forums and discovery of how you were bait & switched after spending your rare money.

Spyhopping
18th Jan 2014, 14:40
Lots of reasonable discussion going on above. I like to keep it simple: I was a regular member here for years, and I still expect the same level of respect from the community as I received back then.

damn jerion the oppressor and spyhopping the opportunist yet again infiltrate the ranks of eidos montreal in return for spreading propaganda on the internet

Damn it pie. You've blown our cover for the last time!

CyberP
18th Jan 2014, 14:56
Damn it pie. You've blown our cover for the last time!

So, you're bound by an NDA. What does this cover? I want to ask questions regarding DX4. Is that totally off the cards, even simple questions such as "does it look promising, in your opinion?".

Spyhopping
18th Jan 2014, 15:09
I admired how simple they had kept the NDA. I've seen a few NDAs used by companies in the UK which were very complicated, and as result difficult to follow and interpret.

Anyway, we basically don't talk about anything that we haven't seen in the public domain yet, unless we get the thumbs up from the studio. We've just put our write up for our jaunt on Thief over on the Thief boards, and we'll try to submit a little something for over here soon. I don't think we are going to be able to say much though, so don't get too excited. :P

Naturally, I'll try to address the sort of question that you pose if I can.

Deckard79
18th Jan 2014, 16:05
Really, all I want from the DC is a finished product on the pc that is on balance better than the vanilla (that I also purchased).

This means fixing up the graphics properly, fixing bugs and delivering on the featureset advertised.

I think it is entirely reasonable to expect this.

Shralla
18th Jan 2014, 19:38
I don't even want to know anything about DX4 until it's out. I'm sick of the hype/anti-hype, especially surrounding Eidos Montreal games.

HERESY
18th Jan 2014, 20:07
EM, you dropped the ball on this BIG TIME. If there is a next time, DON'T listen to the people on forums (especially this one) telling you to make a port or a patch (and I'm not talking about a patch to fix the problems you've created), blah blah blah. You will do more harm to your product and bottom line if you do.

As of now I don't think I will purchase the DC on PSN and will make an ad on craigslist after I finish this classic post.

FrankCSIS
19th Jan 2014, 06:28
I admired how simple they had kept the NDA. I've seen a few NDAs used by companies in the UK which were very complicated, and as result difficult to follow and interpret.

Anyway, we basically don't talk about anything that we haven't seen in the public domain yet, unless we get the thumbs up from the studio. We've just put our write up for our jaunt on Thief over on the Thief boards, and we'll try to submit a little something for over here soon. I don't think we are going to be able to say much though, so don't get too excited. :P

I have every intention of invading your fortress of residence and drink all of your tea. One cup every twenty minutes, until our demands are met!

HERESY
21st Jan 2014, 03:17
Sold my DC to a guy on craigslist. I missed TML sale and will pass up the PSN sale as the patch is PC only.

Time to snag some other games!

ETA: What the **** happened to the weapon sound fx in the DC? It sounda like 8bit audio at 22k. Seriously EM you DROPPED THE BALL. How could you mess the audio up like this? SMH.

Snake2410
22nd Jan 2014, 15:22

Is it known if this next patch going to come out on PS3 and 360 at all, given that the last one was PC only?

HERESY
22nd Jan 2014, 19:05
I'm going to record the gun sound fx so you guys can hear for yourself. I know the main rifle and the handgun sound horrible so I'll play a bit more to get more weapons and then find out. I'm playing on a PS3 and bouncing back from my hard vanilla to a buds digital version.

ETA: Revolver, sawed off, handgun, frag grenade, assault rifle and remote detonating device checked so far. All of inferior quality. The sound is so bad it made me stop playing. You guys need to hear the difference in sound as things sound that bad. Not too mention the directors commentary notification pops up even though it is turned off.

JCpies
24th Jan 2014, 17:22
What a shame.

dogsolitude_uk
29th Jan 2014, 19:23
Hi, any news on a patch for the graphics/shaders issues in the PC Directors Cut?

Or has it just been aborted, leaving us with poorly shaded characters and no post-processing?

BridgetFisher
30th Jan 2014, 17:22
Another patch!!!
what exciting news!

Im hoping the game is fixed to return the yellow filter, that really defined Deus Ex for me as a real gamer.

Shralla
30th Jan 2014, 18:41
that really defined Deus Ex for me as a real gamer.

What the hell? If a post-processing filter is what defines a game for you, I can't imagine you ever trying to force the idea that you're a "real gamer". Unless I'm missing the joke.

Wouldn't it be nice if the game looked good without a post-processing filter, and didn't have to rely entirely on it to not look like crap?

BridgetFisher
30th Jan 2014, 19:29
What the hell? If a post-processing filter is what defines a game for you, I can't imagine you ever trying to force the idea that you're a "real gamer". Unless I'm missing the joke.

Wouldn't it be nice if the game looked good without a post-processing filter, and didn't have to rely entirely on it to not look like crap?

That was an artisitic effect added to the game from what the Dev said if I remmember to hide how ugly the engine was which it is. At the same time it also defined the game allowing it to stand out against the rest, which as a real gamer means alot because most games kinda look the same. Its the fault of the engine which is a bad engine... If its an effect then it should be there just turned off, so should be easy to have an option to turn it on or off, I think would be best.

More gold filter would be a delight :D
Also hoping the books are fixed in game to scale to get bigger, right now they do not scale on 1920x1080 making them very tiny and impossible to read, Im pretty sure someone wrote those for us to read worrying about every little detail, id like to see those details :D

CyberP
30th Jan 2014, 22:16
:lmao:

@Shralla: Just wait until you read some of her reviews on Steam.

Golden Method
31st Jan 2014, 01:15
That was an artisitic effect added to the game from what the Dev said if I remmember to hide how ugly the engine was which it is. At the same time it also defined the game allowing it to stand out against the rest, which as a real gamer means alot because most games kinda look the same. Its the fault of the engine which is a bad engine... If its an effect then it should be there just turned off, so should be easy to have an option to turn it on or off, I think would be best.

More gold filter would be a delight :D

I agree with this.

UJH
2nd Feb 2014, 20:14
Dear community, gamers and developers.. I and other supporters (many from Steam) thought that the Director's Cut edition is a bit undertone and bugged (not to mention that some feats like the golden filter, the lightning and colors, PP effects and lower res. textures). We understand many things but we did support the game and the developers since the original release in 2011 until the DCs. So, would you just take a look at this link (http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939351500082257/?tscn=1391369465) to see how big the community demanding proper FIXES for this game is?

Included in that page, there's also the link for the petition that I'm going to post here too: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/deus-ex-dc-ed-golden-haze-switch

Thanks to all of the supporters, the ones that will follow our cause and last but not least, the developers of one of the greatest game ever.

dogsolitude_uk
2nd Feb 2014, 21:32
It's really not just the haze though: reflections are missing off some surfaces (e.g. the cars in Detroit) and the shading on NPCs is also wrong. Many have a weird white glow around the edges, making them look like cardboard cutouts, and often the front of the face is very dark whilst the inside of the mouth is well-lit.

The last time I saw that was in Bethesda's 'Oblivion'. Basically it looks like the whole lighting, shading and post-processing system is screwed on the PC version of the Director's Cut, giving an arguably worse experience. OK, improving the boss fights, great.I also really enjoyed the commentary, but downgrading the graphics is inexcusable.

...And I don't buy the disingenuous 'making it look consistent with The Missing Link' line either: that section's in a different environment entirely, it's expected that the lighting on a ship would be different to that in Detroit, which in turn would be different in a LIMB clinic, which in turn would different to the lighting in The Hive. The lighting in my living room is very different to the lighting in my office, which is different to the lighting in the pub.

I do have the feeling I've been sold a pup here. It's not the end of the world, just a few quid, but for EM to (a) port the Wii U version back to the PC and sell it as a 'Directors Cut' (a term which implies a definitive edition, rather than a crapper one), and then (b) remain in radio silence about future patches, whilst (c) relying on unpaid forum admins to manage the community expections on the matter, well, it's pretty damned cheeky of them and shows a kind of contempt for the folks that are paying their salaries.

dysamoria
2nd Feb 2014, 21:51
...whilst (c) relying on unpaid forum admins to manage the community expections on the matter, well, it's pretty damned cheeky of them and shows a kind of contempt for the folks that are paying their salaries.

But that's the whole problem with the computer industry. We are sold incomplete goods and then they're never finished/completed because they have our money already. There's no accountability because the whole industry gets excused with special pleading.

Spyhopping
2nd Feb 2014, 22:38
But there is a level of accountability! If your games company has a good commercial head on its shoulders it'll want to retain customers and get an income in the future. Games companies aren't out there to get a one-off cash injection and then rocket off into space.

68_pie
3rd Feb 2014, 01:10
But there is a level of accountability! If your games company has a good commercial head on its shoulders it'll want to retain customers and get an income in the future. Games companies aren't out there to get a one-off cash injection and then rocket off into space.

So why does EM do the opposite?

dogsolitude_uk
3rd Feb 2014, 11:07
Spyhopping's right: the accountability comes in the form of customer retention, and also community reputation. It costs between 5-10 times as much to attract a new customer than it does to retain an existing one (estimates vary depending on the market involved, but 6 times is a generally accepted figure). In this case we're talking about 'Deus Ex fans' as our existing customers. If the DE franchise starts to get a reputation for being buggy, dumbed-down, poorly supported, badly coded, boring, generic and ugly, nobody's going to buy the next installment.

As it is, they've released a supposedly 'better' version of a game, charged us for it, and in a number of ways it's been worse than the original.

I think what's happened here is just a general mess rather than deliberate ill-treatment of a customer base. It strikes me as carelessness against a background of changes in the business and general upheaval (I recall that EM currently has no cummunity manager). Corporate change can often have an effect on customer service, and it's not good by any stretch, but I can see how it's happened. However, they should fix it. In principle it should be easy because it's mainly a matter of communication.

What EM needs to do is the following:
- issue a definitve statement regarding whether or not they will be issuing a new patch. Not hearsay, not something informally passed down via the mods, but something official from the business itself. If they have no community manager, then the project manager should work out a statement with someone from PR/marketing, and get it onto the forums, blogs and emailed out to those who have registered copies.

If they are issuing a patch:
- give a timescale
- give an explanation as to whether or not they're waiting on Intel (I can't see why they cannot fix the existing problems in the meantime, but there may be some technical reason for it)
- give details as to what it is intended to cover (e.g. second-screen support, reinstating the original shaders, bringing back post-processing, de-glitching, achievement bugs etc.)

If they are not issuing a patch:
- errrm... Ok, struggling a bit here. Just say 'sorry', giving their reasons (it may be they're working on the next game, or the devs are working on something else and so the resources are simply not available). They'll get flack but it's better than stringing people along with this 'will they won't they' stuff.

In any case, it really is a matter of poor communication. All of us here have, by purchasing the games and making them the success they are, directly paid the salaries of the PR and Marketing departments as well as the developers, the project managers, the QA team and the product managers for DE:HR. According to Wikipedia had sold 2.18 million copies across all platforms by end of 2011. That figure will be a lot higher now, despite the rapid tail-off that games often have.

The very least they could do is cobble together a paragraph or two between them. Ideally take an afternoon to work out where they're at and what the work order is (if any) within the dev team. Get together with Marketing/PR to prep a short statement and a 'party line', juggle around the wording etc so it hits the right note. Spend some time briefing the forum admins so they can field anything from the great unwashed and punt it on the internet, and add the statement to the EM blog. May as well get on the phone to Eurogamer and Rockpapershotgun and a bunch of other sites/magazines as well.

Seriously, if I was in EM/Squeenix's marketing team I'd've been on this. Managing customer expectations is Marketing 101. Goodwill in one's customer base can take years to build up, but can vanish in an instant - look at what happened with Ubisoft with Uplay and Maxis with Sim City's 'always online' claptrap, and compare that with how CDProjektRed treat their customers: free expansions, patches, artwork, soundtracks and no DRM. Also compare it with the way the Thief dev team have responded to criticisms, and the way that we've had endless blogs and updates during the development process. Sure, Thief's had a troubled birth and may come out a bit 'meh', but the communication's been pretty good. EM's Deus Ex inscrutability? Not so much.

UJH
3rd Feb 2014, 12:52
I think that they should have worked to the DC edition themselves. A proper fix won't take away much resources and would please a lot of people. As I've already told somewhere else, and that's a thought that many, many people share, I wouldn't have bought the DC if I knew it was ruined.

Jito463
3rd Feb 2014, 13:46
Well worded, dogsolitude_uk. I think that is, perhaps, the best summation of the issues to date that I've read on this thread.

68_pie
3rd Feb 2014, 14:51
Lol.

BridgetFisher
3rd Feb 2014, 18:22
I thought there was a new patch coming? If people are saying there isnt a new patch, I think it is because they ran out of money? What do we do then to get them more money to get a patch? We need to help save them I think if that is the case. Maybe a kickstarter?

(I thought Eidos did a very good job with community feedback, I kinda thought this thread existed to figure out what people liked/disliked to get feedback for the next patch, I like that very much how Eidos communicates with their customers. I find it odd people are saying there is no new patch, when I got the feeling this thread was made by the developers to get feedback for an upcoming patch.)

dysamoria
3rd Feb 2014, 23:30
... As I've already told somewhere else, and that's a thought that many, many people share, I wouldn't have bought the DC if I knew it was ruined.

Exactly the point. But they make their money on those of us who didn't know beforehand. Then they never fix it. They gamble that those of us who really like the games for what they are, artistically, wont go around blasting it as garbage all around the web.

Stating that a game company has had a loss of community manager... okay... but that's another thing software companies tend to do badly, and it's not OUR fault as customers. Native Instruments made a bit of a to-do about getting new community managers and the results have been poor (and the final state is that he's yet another guy that barely does any communication with the customers, and seemingly zero go-between with the company and customers). But again, they don't need to bother, because they think that the customer base is assured, they have other products they will sell through other publishers to get around the reputation problems or any losses from abandoning a product once they feel it has earned them enough money to stop putting money into it, and, ultimately, because there's no accountability and no higher power to report to when software companies abuse or abandon customers.

We can give these companies the benefit of the doubt forever and all that does for us is lose us money on products that weren't really ready for sale. Again. i tend to feel i'm a reasonable person, but i think it is REASONABLE to expect a product claiming to be the "Director's Cut" would be more robust and debugged than the original release. Also, a reasonable amount of time has elapsed and there has been very little communication about what they are going to do about it (or not do).

Steam just started another 75% off sale on DE:HR DC. If they had comment fields on the news items, i would have posted a warning to all potential buyers to stay away from the DC. Luckily for EM, there's no such venue for customer feedback. Maybe i should submit a review. i see Steam has user reviews now.

EDIT: i have just done so. :-(

Blackbird SR-71C
5th Feb 2014, 15:41
Exactly the point. But they make their money on those of us who didn't know beforehand. Then they never fix it. They gamble that those of us who really like the games for what they are, artistically, wont go around blasting it as garbage all around the web.

Stating that a game company has had a loss of community manager... okay... but that's another thing software companies tend to do badly, and it's not OUR fault as customers. Native Instruments made a bit of a to-do about getting new community managers and the results have been poor (and the final state is that he's yet another guy that barely does any communication with the customers, and seemingly zero go-between with the company and customers). But again, they don't need to bother, because they think that the customer base is assured, they have other products they will sell through other publishers to get around the reputation problems or any losses from abandoning a product once they feel it has earned them enough money to stop putting money into it, and, ultimately, because there's no accountability and no higher power to report to when software companies abuse or abandon customers.

We can give these companies the benefit of the doubt forever and all that does for us is lose us money on products that weren't really ready for sale. Again. i tend to feel i'm a reasonable person, but i think it is REASONABLE to expect a product claiming to be the "Director's Cut" would be more robust and debugged than the original release. Also, a reasonable amount of time has elapsed and there has been very little communication about what they are going to do about it (or not do).

Steam just started another 75% off sale on DE:HR DC. If they had comment fields on the news items, i would have posted a warning to all potential buyers to stay away from the DC. Luckily for EM, there's no such venue for customer feedback. Maybe i should submit a review. i see Steam has user reviews now.

EDIT: i have just done so. :-(

I just submitted a personal review as well. That it was released in this unacceptable state would be bad enough. Absolutely no communication on the big issues kills it. I'm sad just thinking about the fact that people will be scammed out of money like this.

What baffles me isn't that the most endorsed reviews are all positive, but the fact that they fail to mention any of the issues. You can still like the game, but not mentioning them is like selling a game without mention of flaw only for the customer to realize that half of it is flawed.

CyberP
5th Feb 2014, 17:55
I thought there was a new patch coming? If people are saying there isnt a new patch, I think it is because they ran out of money? What do we do then to get them more money to get a patch? We need to help save them I think if that is the case. Maybe a kickstarter?

(I thought Eidos did a very good job with community feedback, I kinda thought this thread existed to figure out what people liked/disliked to get feedback for the next patch, I like that very much how Eidos communicates with their customers. I find it odd people are saying there is no new patch, when I got the feeling this thread was made by the developers to get feedback for an upcoming patch.)

:poke:

dysamoria
9th Feb 2014, 01:18
I just submitted a personal review as well. That it was released in this unacceptable state would be bad enough. Absolutely no communication on the big issues kills it. I'm sad just thinking about the fact that people will be scammed out of money like this.

What baffles me isn't that the most endorsed reviews are all positive, but the fact that they fail to mention any of the issues. You can still like the game, but not mentioning them is like selling a game without mention of flaw only for the customer to realize that half of it is flawed.

Don't forget to mark the negative reviews as "helpful" or "useful" so they get seen. If they're stupid and unhelpful, obviously don't mark them as good, of course.

dogsolitude_uk
9th Feb 2014, 20:31
Just added my two pennies worth (well, £3.49-worth) to the Steam reviews section. I have the same username there as on here.

I'm still really miffed and generally cross :( I don't know why this bothers me so much when I still have the original but it does, so I decided to tell everyone about it on Steam, 'caveat emptor' and all that.

You know what this reminds me of? It's like when a record company puts out a crappy remaster of a favourite album. They did that with Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' and compressed it beyond belief: the initial 'dah-DUM!!!' of Dave Gilmour's guitar used to shake my speakers, now it's all just a bit 'meh'.

Mucking with the graphics in a game is a bit like messing with the compression and EQ of an album: when it's done well, it should be unnoticeable but just somehow be 'better', when it's done badly it can completely ruin the experience.

I'm off to read a book *sulk*. That'll teach these game companies.

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 00:34
We should start a class action lawsuit. Not simply because of the patch but the PC and 360 version are broken beyond belief and they advertised features that are NOT present.

I believe this is the proper way to handle things. If not, we can protest by cancelling preorders of upcoming titles, purchasing those titles via second hand markets and simply using our word of mouth to let others know that the brand is not one you should invest your time and money into.

CyberP
11th Feb 2014, 16:51
We should start a class action lawsuit. Not simply because of the patch but the PC and 360 version are broken beyond belief and they advertised features that are NOT present.

I believe this is the proper way to handle things. If not, we can protest by cancelling preorders of upcoming titles, purchasing those titles via second hand markets and simply using our word of mouth to let others know that the brand is not one you should invest your time and money into.

No, let them milk it, as long as the next Deus Ex game is a true Deus Ex game. A means to an end. Not as good as the original, but better.

I do very much doubt that this will be the reality but meh, a lawsuit aint gonna help anybody.

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 17:58
No, let them milk it, as long as the next Deus Ex game is a true Deus Ex game. A means to an end. Not as good as the original, but better.

I do very much doubt that this will be the reality but meh, a lawsuit aint gonna help anybody.

Did you shell out any money for the Director's Cut? So you're saying those who purchased broken products should turn the other way just so they can work on a "true" Deus Ex game?

A lawsuit will help thousands of people, including myself, and will help the company realize that they should have their ducks in order before advertising and releasing products and will help the company in the Q&A department.

Spyhopping
11th Feb 2014, 19:16
Litigation isn't the answer to everything. As far as I am aware (and I apologise if I'm completely wrong), the problems that are left seem pretty minor.

At this stage, they will have realised what went wrong by themselves. It's in their own interests to not have this happen again.

CyberP
11th Feb 2014, 20:23
Did you shell out any money for the Director's Cut? So you're saying those who purchased broken products should turn the other way just so they can work on a "true" Deus Ex game? .

It's not broken.

And yes, you should also buy the Fall, Icarus Effect and other Deus Ex merchandise to support the franchise and as a result it can perhaps return to top form :p
If the designers don't let me down that is.

Personally I'd prefer if they made top quality products, but well, that's not happening at the moment. "Be patient". Words I should heed to in the making of my own mod; only release it when it is truly complete!

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 20:34
Litigation isn't the answer to everything. As far as I am aware (and I apologise if I'm completely wrong), the problems that are left seem pretty minor.

At this stage, they will have realised what went wrong by themselves. It's in their own interests to not have this happen again.

No one has said litigation is the answer to everything. However, it is the answer to this problem as EM and SE have provided us with an answer in the form of nothing.

The problems that remain are not minor. Smartglass integration was an advertised feature and it is nowhere to be seen. When 360 users purchased the game they weren't told it would come later they believed it would work out of the box as advertised. PS3 users weren't told the quality of the sound fx would diminish and the PC users? Where do we even begin?

Then you say they will have realized what went wrong by themselves but where is the proof of this?

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP (http://www.rgrdlaw.com/) is the firm handling the case against EA for Battlefield 4, and the first thing they mention in their suit is "(a) Battlefield 4 was riddled with bugs and multiple other problems, including downloadable content that allowed players access to more levels of the game, a myriad of connectivity issues, server limitations, lost data and repeated sudden crashes, among other things;" and so I'm sure they or another company would be happy to look into this matter. Our money was taken and probably went into developing Thief or the new Deus Ex title, with no money going back into correcting the issue or fixing the false advertising, so I believe it is time to get the ball rolling.

If ANY members would like to speak with me about possibly filing a class action lawsuit then send me a PM. I won't need any names at this point, just information about what platform you purchased it on and when you purchased it. From there I'll get the ball started on my end and it will entail reaching out to the BBB, law firms specializing in class action suits (specifically against software and entertainment companies), retailers (asking them if they dropped the price and if so why) and videogame forums, websites, etc. In addition, I'll also make a thread about it as such things don't violate the TOU of the site, thanks and I look forward to working with you guys to get this issue resolved. If we want quality products, and good games, we need to show these companies that we invested our hard earned money and time and are entitled to what was promised and/or advertised. We are entitled to working products, so anything less is an insult and I'm not going to stand for that.

It's not broken.

And yes, you should also buy the Fall, Icarus Effect and other Deus Ex merchandise to support the franchise and as a result it can perhaps return to top form :p
If the designers don't let me down that is.

Personally I'd prefer if they made top quality products, but well, that's not happening at the moment. "Be patient". Words I should heed to in the making of my own mod; only release it when it is truly complete!

The game is broken. Where is the smartglass feature that was advertised? Look at the technical issue forum and you'll see there are plenty of people who can't even get the game to run or get to certain points and the game crashes.

As for purchasing other products, I don't know if you are being facetious or if you're serious, but I'm not doing that. Did we tell them to "be patient" when we gave them money? No, so the time for patience is over. It doesn't seem like you purchased the game so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell me what I should do. You have no out of pocket expenses here but I do.

CyberP
11th Feb 2014, 20:40
Didn't think you were serious, or perhaps you are still bluffing...well, good luck either way. You will find more unhappy customers on steam also.

Personally I want no part in it, but I understand where you are coming from. I've seen enough ****ty products that I almost always do some research before a purchase these days.

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 20:45
Didn't think you were serious, or perhaps you are still bluffing...well, good luck either way. You will find more unhappy customers on steam also.

No, I am NOT bluffing. I am DEAD SERIOUS. There are a ton of people on steam, Gamfaqs and other sites that are not happy and I believe it is time to address the issue in the courts. WB recently announced that they won't patch Batman but will instead of focus on DLC so they need a lawsuit against them as well. Fortunately for me I didn't purchase that title but I did purchase this title.

CyberP
11th Feb 2014, 20:49
No, I am NOT bluffing. I am DEAD SERIOUS. There are a ton of people on steam, Gamfaqs and other sites that are not happy and I believe it is time to address the issue in the courts. WB recently announced that they won't patch Batman but will instead of focus on DLC so they need a lawsuit against them as well. Fortunately for me I didn't purchase that title but I did purchase this title.

Who defines what "needs" fixing though? Software almost always has bugs, this is widely accepted. There is a line that can be crossed, but I don't think the directors cut crosses it. It IS playable for most customers. Some features were falsely advertised, so that will help your case, however.

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 20:57
Who defines what "needs" fixing though? Software almost always has bugs, this is widely accepted. There is a line that can be crossed, but I don't think the directors cut crosses it. It IS playable for most customers. Some features were falsely advertised, so that will help your case, however.

Who defines what needs to be fixed? Ultimately it is the consumer as they are the ones who either use or can't use the product. Who actually fixes it or agrees with it is the company or the trier of fact. No one is saying that software does not have bugs but you should read what I posted about the EA lawsuit instead of blindly defending EM. As of right now, we know users on the PC and 360 platform have the most issues, some not even booting up at all, so it is lunacy to say it IS playable for most customers when, from the looks of it, there are more complaints than praise.

Personally I want no part in it, but I understand where you are coming from. I've seen enough ty products that I almost always do some research before a purchase these days.

You didn't purchase the game and have not been impacted by the purchase of the game so you will have no part in it. Moreover, while I do advocate consumer knowledge and research, there is no prerequisite to doing so in this case.

dannyvw08
11th Feb 2014, 21:07
Hello. i've just joined because i am serious unhappy with this release. I own the original HR and I bought this one to be the "better version." Well, I own a 360 and HR was one of my all time favorite games. I have managed to play through the directors cut once with many crashes (during the DLC when you go back to meet the "boss" I jumped off the top floor and the game froze before I hit the bottom, and yes I had the landing system aug, was one among many!)

The biggest issue I have right now is that with the new game plus I am literally stuck and cannot proceed. I get to China ok, then as soon as I head down the elevator towards the Pangu, Jensons and Prichards voice does not come through and the game just hangs until I power off. I tried loading previous saves to no avail so I restarted the game. I've just got to the same part again (literally about 20 mins ago) and the exact same thing happened. So as for what needs fixing, how about being able to finish the damn game. I am not to bothered about the second screen thing as it's just a gimmick and obviously optimised for the Wii U controller but Not being able to beat this game with new game plus is really starting to grind me. Sorry to say this but Square will not get another penny off me

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 21:21
Hello. i've just joined because i am serious unhappy with this release. I own the original HR and I bought this one to be the "better version." Well, I own a 360 and HR was one of my all time favorite games. I have managed to play through the directors cut once with many crashes (during the DLC when you go back to meet the "boss" I jumped off the top floor and the game froze before I hit the bottom, and yes I had the landing system aug, was one among many!)

The biggest issue I have right now is that with the new game plus I am literally stuck and cannot proceed. I get to China ok, then as soon as I head down the elevator towards the Pangu, Jensons and Prichards voice does not come through and the game just hangs until I power off. I tried loading previous saves to no avail so I restarted the game. I've just got to the same part again (literally about 20 mins ago) and the exact same thing happened. So as for what needs fixing, how about being able to finish the damn game. I am not to bothered about the second screen thing as it's just a gimmick and obviously optimised for the Wii U controller but Not being able to beat this game with new game plus is really starting to grind me. Sorry to say this but Square will not get another penny off me

Listen, in order for this to work don't minimize another persons plight and solely focus on your issues. Look at the big picture, which is, not many of us are happy with the product for various reasons that are quite legit. If you are not bothered by the second screen and feel it is a gimmick, that is understandable, but someone else may say they are not concerned with your issue and new game plus because they don't like new game plus because it breaks the game design and because you've already had your fun because you already beat it. So don't diminish the plight of others. All of us who have purchased this game (with the exception of Wii U players) have a serious complaint that needs to be looked into. We need to stick together and not minimize or trivialize what's going on. Let's stick together and make this happen.

dannyvw08
11th Feb 2014, 21:28
Listen, in order for this to work don't minimize another persons plight and focus on your issues. Look at the big picture, which is, not many of us are happy with the product for various reasons that are quite legit. If you are not bothered by the second screen and feel it is a gimmick, that is understandable, but someone else may say they are not concerned with your issue and new game plus because they don't like new game plus because it breaks the game design and because you've already had your fun because you already beat it. So don't diminish the plight of others. All of us who have purchased this game (with the exception of Wii U players) have a serious complaint that needs to be looked into. We need to stick together and not minimize or trivialize what's going on. Let's stick together and make this happen.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make the issues all about mine because obviously they are not. I was meerly trying to highlight some points to square (if they read this) about some other issues that other people may not have had and to show my disgust at them releasing a broken port. Trust me I want this fixed as much as everyone else.

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 21:36
Sorry, I didn't mean to make the issues all about mine because obviously they are not. I was meerly trying to highlight some points to square (if they read this) about some other issues that other people may not have had and to show my disgust at them releasing a broken port. Trust me I want this fixed as much as everyone else.

I understand and it's frustrating. You spend your money on a product but you end up getting the short end of the stick at the end. The lack of communication is a big deal and has upset many people. I could see if they said we're working on it, or gave some real insight as to why these things happened in the first place, but it seems as if they took our money and vanished and that is not right. There needs to be a level of accountability here and we need to all stick together, friend. Tomorrow I will begin my work by contacting the BBB and finding out more about EM and their parent company to see where a suit can be brought. Right now EA is facing a class action suit for Battlefield, so I'm sure the firm who is handling that, or even a smaller one who wants to get their feet wet, will have no problem looking into this, especially when there were features that were advertised that are not present.

Spyhopping
11th Feb 2014, 22:08
Really not a fan of the "let's sue them!!!" attitude/culture. Costs will likely outweigh any negligible loss you or any other member of this group has suffered.

Shralla
11th Feb 2014, 22:31
It's not really about individuals getting their money back or whatever. It's about making sure this doesn't happen again. I don't know if I'd get on board the sue train, but this seems like more of a legitimate claim than most that are out there.

Really not a fan of the "let's ship incomplete products!!!!!" attitude/culture that's so pervasive in the gaming industry.

Golden Method
11th Feb 2014, 22:31
Really not a fan of the "let's sue them!!!" attitude/culture. Costs will likely outweigh any negligible loss you or any other member of this group has suffered.

You don't have to be a fan of the "let's sue them!!!" attitude/culture. I'm not a fan of the "let's censor their speech" attitude/culture or the "we took your money now get lost" attitude/culture or the "let's let them walk over us" culture/attitude.

As for costs, in a lot of class actions suits where the plaintiffs lose, the firm that initially brought the suit will eat the bill. With that being said, I'd appreciate it if you would cease trying to dissuade people from doing what seems like the only step to right the wrongs.

CyberP
11th Feb 2014, 22:34
I did say it was a wasted opportunity from the start, but I never expected it to be so buggy as well (according to customer complaints, but still playable for most it seems).

You didn't purchase the game and have not been impacted by the purchase of the game so you will have no part in it. Moreover, while I do advocate consumer knowledge and research, there is no prerequisite to doing so in this case.

Correct on both points, I haven't played the DC so I'll shut up and stay out of this. May you get what you want, and me too: a true Deus Ex game, surpassing the original and taking it's title of greatest game of all time :)

Spyhopping
11th Feb 2014, 23:03
With that being said, I'd appreciate it if you would cease trying to dissuade people from doing what seems like the only step to right the wrongs.

Eh, alright then. It's not the only step to take, but I'm not enraged enough about this problem with the DC to have much of a valid say anyway, so good luck.

Jito463
12th Feb 2014, 05:32
I played through the entire DC with no technical glitches and didn't notice any glaring graphical problems. Not saying they're not there, but I didn't notice them. Good luck on your...whatever, but I'll have to agree with CyberP and spyhopping on this one.

68_pie
12th Feb 2014, 06:13
You have yourselves to blame for buying it in the first place.

Golden Method
12th Feb 2014, 18:06
I played through the entire DC with no technical glitches and didn't notice any glaring graphical problems. Not saying they're not there, but I didn't notice them. Good luck on your...whatever, but I'll have to agree with CyberP and spyhopping on this one.

So a guy makes a post stating how bad EM dropped the ball, you then make this post in support of it (on the previous page, 187 I believe), and now you say you have to agree with CyberP and spyhopping? So in other words you're saying to type posts on this forum stating a grievance but don't do anything you have the legal right to do? Is that what you're saying?

Eh, alright then. It's not the only step to take, but I'm not enraged enough about this problem with the DC to have much of a valid say anyway, so good luck.

So what other steps are there to take? We've waited and have not received a fix or response. People have emailed and called EM, tried to get refunds on steam, tried to get refunds at gamestop, etc. None of it has yielded satisfactory results so what, in your opinion, are other steps to take here?

You have yourselves to blame for buying it in the first place.

How so?

dogsolitude_uk
12th Feb 2014, 18:27
Yeah, I'm still pretty miffed myself, but we need to keep things in perspective here.

I paid £4 for a Director's Cut of DE:HR, to find that the boss fights had changed :) there was a commentary :) but the graphics were worse :( and we don't know yet what's happening regarding patches :(

Now, I'm not being funny here but £4 is less than the price of the average UK magazine. It's what I spend on my lunch, or on snacks for a late-night gaming session. It's just over the price of a decent pint of real ale.

I can appreciate that there's a bit of anger going on. I also maintain that EM has handled things badly with their inscrutable silence (I've posted about this earlier), and if I was head of their Marketing dept I'd be asking questions, but a class action lawsuit? Really?

By all means bung negative reviews on Amazon and Steam, and let EM hoist themselves by their own petard, but a class action lawsuit strikes me as overkill. It's an empty threat, and they do nobody any favours.

I just stopped playing it and did something else instead. I only pop back here every few days now to see if there's any movement on a patch.

BridgetFisher
12th Feb 2014, 19:16
Id like to see more discussion of the upcoming patch details, or is the game not getting patched anymore? Its a sad day when Adam Jensen is left homeless and ignored to wander the streets of detroit with a sad face because noone gives him any love.

Golden Method
12th Feb 2014, 19:24
Yeah, I'm still pretty miffed myself, but we need to keep things in perspective here.

I paid £4 for a Director's Cut of DE:HR, to find that the boss fights had changed :) there was a commentary :) but the graphics were worse :( and we don't know yet what's happening regarding patches :(

Now, I'm not being funny here but £4 is less than the price of the average UK magazine. It's what I spend on my lunch, or on snacks for a late-night gaming session. It's just over the price of a decent pint of real ale.

I can appreciate that there's a bit of anger going on. I also maintain that EM has handled things badly with their inscrutable silence (I've posted about this earlier), and if I was head of their Marketing dept I'd be asking questions, but a class action lawsuit? Really?

By all means bung negative reviews on Amazon and Steam, and let EM hoist themselves by their own petard, but a class action lawsuit strikes me as overkill. It's an empty threat, and they do nobody any favours.

I just stopped playing it and did something else instead. I only pop back here every few days now to see if there's any movement on a patch.

You may have shelled out £4, but a lot of people paid way more than that. So the price you paid excuses them for the false advertising and not providing you with a quality product? It doesn't matter if you paid £4 and the guy sitting next to CyberP paid $29.99, the end result is you have a game that is inferior to the original in many ways (and this can be quantified) with advertised features that are nowhere to be found.

What gets me is people here often talk about quality this and quality that, yet when it comes time to actually DO SOMETHING about the lack of quality as it pertains to the goods we paid for, people shy away from the issue and want to distance themselves from it.

You talked a good game but it is just that--talk. They took your money and you simply do something else instead. That is great and fine, but I didn't purchase this game so I can do something else instead and I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself who didn't purchase it so they could do "something else instead." And then your suggestion? What is a negative review going to do at this point in time? For every negative review they'll probably have 4 guys from their team making positive reviews.

I reached out to the BBB and a two law firms and they all took my info and said someone will be in contact. The BBB process is very easy and I appreciated the help they gave me. I'll be hitting the steam forums tomorrow and letting them know what I'm doing as well.

Jito463
12th Feb 2014, 19:41
So a guy makes a post stating how bad EM dropped the ball, you then make this post in support of it (on the previous page, 187 I believe), and now you say you have to agree with CyberP and spyhopping? So in other words you're saying to type posts on this forum stating a grievance but don't do anything you have the legal right to do? Is that what you're saying?

I quite literally don't know how to respond to that. Mainly because I don't have a clue what you just asked me. Could you repeat that more clearly?

Spyhopping
12th Feb 2014, 19:53
So a guy makes a post stating how bad EM dropped the ball, you then make this post in support of it (on the previous page, 187 I believe), and now you say you have to agree with CyberP and spyhopping? So in other words your saying to type posts on this forum stating a grievance but don't do anything you have the legal right to do? Is that what you're saying?

Everyone has an opportunity to sue people now and again for one reason or another, but a lot of them make the decision not to because they don't want the trouble, they'd rather let it go, or they'd rather look for other options.

For example, my course provider cancelled a part of my course last year which caused me some serious annoyance, and will continue to have an effect on my circumstances in the future. There were people threatening taking them to court, but I didn't bother getting involved because of the above reasons. Some of us ended up negotiating with the institution in a non-confrontational way, and they provided a generous few thousand pounds discount with a course from another provider instead as a gesture of goodwill. Turned out great.

So what other steps are there to take? We've waited and have not received a fix or response. People have emailed and called EM, tried to get refunds on steam, tried to get refunds at gamestop, etc. None of it has yielded satisfactory results so what, in your opinion, are other steps to take here?

I don't really know what other options there are, but I'd be very surprised if this is your only way forward. Have you personally contacted EM in any capacity, rather than taking anonymous internet people for their word? Explained that you want a refund? Rounded a petition up with lots of signatures? At the extreme end- simply sent a letter threatening litigation so that you are taken seriously? You could even get a lawyer to draft it for a relatively small cost. If not, then I do think you would be jumping to a court case prematurely. In the UK at least, the courts can impose quite uncomfortable punitive measures if a claimant leaps to a court case and loses without persuing alternative steps to resolve the problem first.

Golden Method
12th Feb 2014, 19:59
I quite literally don't know how to respond to that. Mainly because I don't have a clue what you just asked me. Could you repeat that more clearly?

I've stated it as clearly as it can be.

Everyone has an opportunity to sue people now and again for one reason or another, but a lot of them make the decision not to because they don't want the trouble, they'd rather let it go, or they'd rather look for other options.

This is the reason why companies get away with this stuff. People don't want the trouble and they want to let it go. I'm tired of letting it go.

For example, my course provider cancelled a part of my course last year which caused me some serious annoyance, and will continue to have an effect on my circumstances in the future. There were people threatening taking them to court, but I didn't bother getting involved because of the above reasons. Some of us ended up negotiating with the institution in a non-confrontational way, and they provided a generous few thousand pounds discount with a course from another provider instead as a gesture of goodwill. Turned out great.

People have tried to resolve the manner in an informal fashion. This came in the form of forum posting, calls and emails. People have done so in a timely and reasonable fashion. It is now time to take the steps to go the formal route. Informal or formal, both are "confrontational" in the since that party A is stating they have been wronged by party B. What you describe as "non-confrontational" was most likely handled in an informal way. This happened because the course provider was willing to talk. EM is not willing to talk.

I don't really know what other options there are, but I'd be very surprised if this is your only way forward.

So why did you tell me there were other options?

Have you personally contacted EM in any capacity, rather than taking anonymous internet people for their word? Explained that you want a refund?

Yes and the response I have been given? No response! Not even a "I'm sorry but we don't do refunds."

Rounded a petition up with lots of signatures? At the extreme end- simply sent a letter threatening litigation so that you are taken seriously? You could even get a lawyer to draft it for a relatively small cost. If not, then I do think you would be jumping to a court case prematurely. In the UK at least, the courts can impose quite uncomfortable punitive measures if a claimant leaps to a court case and loses without persuing alternative steps to resolve the problem first.

Listen, EM knows people are upset. I do not have to have a lot of signatures, do not have to send a letter threatening litigation, etc. None of these things are prerequisites to bringing forth a suit. I am not in the UK and do believe I told you that in many cases where the plaintiff/claimant lost the firm/lawyer absorbs the cost.

Jito463
12th Feb 2014, 20:05
I've stated it as clearly as it can be.

Maybe it's my sleep deprivation, but your post isn't as clear as you claim it is. Whatever, I really don't care. I've no interest in your legal matters, and I don't have a problem with the DC. Have fun.

Golden Method
12th Feb 2014, 20:14
Maybe it's my sleep deprivation, but your post isn't as clear as you claim it is. Whatever, I really don't care. I've no interest in your legal matters, and I don't have a problem with the DC. Have fun.

It's clear but I'd appreciate it if you would stop talking to me. I have no interest in speaking with people who endorse long winded posts complaining about the subject but take no steps to improve the situation. And yes I will have fun.

Spyhopping
12th Feb 2014, 20:22
We're all entitled to express our opinions without being closed down. Good luck with whatever you get up to, and let's move on from this disagreement now.

Haegemonia
13th Feb 2014, 00:35
I myself am more than a little disappointed with Eidos on this one. In particular, I am most dismayed by the lack of an installation module (which I assumed was a baseline element for any XBox 360 game given said feature is all-but-universal), something which seems like a catastrophic oversight.

If the developers could just indicate A) What their timetable is for expected patches and B) What exactly they are planning to implement in the patches, I (and others, it would seem) would be most appreciative. Nothing more frightful than ignorance in action and all that.

Unfortunately, absent some fixes regarding the installation issue and other technical hiccups, I'll probably just have to return the game.

dysamoria
13th Feb 2014, 00:51

"Widely accepted"!! THIS is the fundamental problem! Not ONE game company (because it's NOT just one game company, and it's not just game companies). The entire freaking software industry needs a massive class-action style lawsuit filed against it for billions of dollars in losses and millions of hours of lost productivity and other damages. But who do you target first? Microsoft might be a good start. But it's SYSTEMIC and institutionalized, and the indoctrination is SOLID in the minds of the people (especially those that should know better: the tech geeks).

Also, class-action lawsuits tend to really only help lawyers. Millions of dollars for them, and a few miserable handouts to consumers, which doesn't compensate the total losses. It's usually a "no blame" settlement, too, rather than any case where a company has actually been found negligent and abusive of customers.

We're talking about major massive American (and apparently Canadian) capitalism regulation that most of the country still thinks is "un-American"... Along with trashing the current IP laws and starting over from scratch...

CyberP
13th Feb 2014, 04:33
If I were to attempt to sue Square-Enix for anything, it would be destruction of art. :p
All the IP's they took on they took a dump on, though the developers are to blame for that too.

dogsolitude_uk
13th Feb 2014, 22:35
It's clear but I'd appreciate it if you would stop talking to me. I have no interest in speaking with people who endorse long winded posts complaining about the subject but take no steps to improve the situation. And yes I will have fun.

My 'long-winded post' was just me calling it as I saw it on the basis of a number of years working in a blue-chip corporate environment. I stand by everything I said there, and I apologise if my spending ten minutes on a quick post somehow gave the impression that I was somehow ready to get legal on EM's backsides on your behalf.

If you think what I wrote was wrong, purely on the basis of me not joining your legal crusade (which as Spyhopping pointed out could potentially cost us folks in the UK a considerable sum of money if it gets thrown out, and frankly I'd rather put the money towards a new car and a deposit on a flat, no mean feat in this overpriced UK housing market), then please point out the flaws in what I said.

But to start tacitly maligning people because their priorities are different to yours, is a bit out of order. Even if I spent £30 on the game I'd still rather spend my time and money on furthering my career and sorting out my home than engaging the services of solicitors on an ongoing basis because someone sold me a pup of a videogame. Notwithstanding the fact that my g/f and I are supposed to be saving to buy a place of our own. No *way* am I going to risk thousands on legal fees just to keep you happy! Games, for me, are something I spend a few hours on a week. Therefore I hope you'll forgive me if, on the basis of a brief cost-benefit analysis, I don't want to risk a significant chunk of my life savings on a potentially costly and lengthy legal battle over some borked graphics.

Legal costs may be worked out via different processes in the US, if so, then please bear in mind that it carries a much greater risk to those of us in the UK. We have 'no win no fee' ambulance chaser for injuries and general negligence issues, but taking action regarding encrappened videogame re-releases is likely to be laughed out of most offices.

You talked a good game but it is just that--talk.

So what if it's "just" talk? Do you expect to achieve anything without properly articulating a position? I hope in some small way my "talk" in the post you obliquely referred to above to may have set out a reasonable set of steps that we could expect someone in EM, having read them, to act upon. It's important in any debate to set out clearly exactly what one hopes to achieve, or what one would consider to be a reasonable outcome. That's all I did.

Now kindly wind your neck in and direct your vitriol elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Golden Method
14th Feb 2014, 01:31
My 'long-winded post' was just me calling it as I saw it on the basis of a number of years working in a blue-chip corporate environment.

And me calling your long-winded post a long-winded post was me calling it how I see it based on my experience as a user of this forum and someone who purchased the game. BTW, your experience isn't relevant here but thanks for sharing.

I stand by everything I said there, and I apologise if my spending ten minutes on a quick post somehow gave the impression that I was somehow ready to get legal on EM's backsides on your behalf.

I stand by everything I've said in the past and in this post and see no need to apologize for anything. In addition, I do not know how you came to the assessment that you gave the impression that you were ready to do anything on my behalf. Again, all you're doing is talking. I am making phone calls, documenting all of the evidence (pictures, posts on steam, posts on gamefaqs, gameplay video, etc) and taking the steps to resolve the issue. I have reached out to various media outlets and things will be hard this week due to the holidays, but everyone has assured me that they will keep in touch and will look into the matter. With that being said, I do NOT need YOU for anything. I never have and I never will so you don't have to worry about that.

If you think what I wrote was wrong, purely on the basis of me not joining your legal crusade (which as Spyhopping pointed out could potentially cost us folks in the UK a considerable sum of money if it gets thrown out, and frankly I'd rather put the money towards a new car and a deposit on a flat, no mean feat in this overpriced UK housing market), then please point out the flaws in what I said.

It was never stated or implied that you were wrong but that your post was "long-winded" and, even if I did say it was wrong, it has nothing to do with you not joining anything. In fact, if you look at the order of the postings you would see I didn't say much of anything to you. As for what Spyhopping pointed, Spyhopping also said there were other courses of action but later said he knew of no other ways to take action. In addition, I told Spyhopping that in many class action cases, if the claimant/plaintiff loses, the lawyer or firm will absorb the cost. Moreover, the two of you would probably benefit from learning the difference between opting in and opting out as well as who would have jurisdiction if things even got that far.

But to start tacitly maligning people because their priorities are different to yours, is a bit out of order. Even if I spent £30 on the game I'd still rather spend my time and money on furthering my career and sorting out my home than engaging the services of solicitors on an ongoing basis because someone sold me a pup of a videogame.

This is false as there was no instance of maligning people because they had different priorities. In fact, I told a person on the previous page that we need to stick together and that his priority and what he desired should not take precedent over the next persons and vice versa. So I don't know where you are getting these faulty accusations from (you've made several so far) but I would appreciate it if you would cease. No one said that you couldn't spend time and money on furthering your career and sorting out your home. What does any of the above have to do with EM providing users with a shoddy product?

Notwithstanding the fact that my g/f and I are supposed to be saving to buy a place of our own. No *way* am I going to risk thousands on legal fees just to keep you happy!
Read the first sentence of the second paragraph of this link and cease with the overreacting.

http://www.instituteforlegalreform.com/global/united-kingdom

Games, for me, are something I spend a few hours on a week. Therefore I hope you'll forgive me if, on the basis of a brief cost-benefit analysis, I don't want to risk a significant chunk of my life savings on a potentially costly and lengthy legal battle over some borked graphics. Legal costs may be worked out via different processes in the US, if so, then please bear in mind that it carries a much greater risk to those of us in the UK. We have 'no win no fee' ambulance chaser for injuries and general negligence issues, but taking action regarding encrappened videogame re-releases is likely to be laughed out of most offices.

Again, I refer you to the link I provided and remind you that the first sentence of the second paragraph renders your statements, worries, claims, etc null and void. Moreover, this is not simply a case of borked graphics but a case of false advertising. Where is that smartglass feature? What about game crashes and new game plus features not working? Borked graphics? It’s beyond that and the fact you would minimize the mishaps leaves much to be desired.

So what if it's "just" talk? Do you expect to achieve anything without properly articulating a position?

I have clearly articulated my position and have done so without making false accusations and relying on a lack of information to guide my judgment. My position is I am fed up with the actions of this company and that I am being proactive in ways that other people should consider as the only appropriate course of action at this time. If I have not openly stated this I am sure that I have implied it throughout this thread. Also, as Shralla said, this is not about money but has everything to do with making sure this doesn't happen again. At some point we need to stand up for ourselves and take action and that is what I’m encouraging others to do.

I hope in some small way my "talk" in the post you obliquely referred to above to may have set out a reasonable set of steps that we could expect someone in EM, having read them, to act upon. It's important in any debate to set out clearly exactly what one hopes to achieve, or what one would consider to be a reasonable outcome. That's all I did.

I am sorry but this is not a debate. I am certainly not debating with you and not debating with EM. Do you think they don't know they dropped the ball? They do, but how they are handling it is something that leaves much to be desired. You honestly believe they are going to read your post, have a Eureka moment and change? If so, you need to read the posts and threads on this forum dating back to the announcement and release of DXHR.

Now kindly wind your neck in and direct your vitriol elsewhere. :rolleyes:

There was no vitriol, only my opinion that your post was long winded but I once again ask that you cease making false accusations and relying on hyperbole to discourage others from doing what they have a right to do. As for the "wind your neck in" comment, I have no idea what is supposed to mean so I won't even go there.

Now kindly stop talking to me because the link I provided pretty much sums it up and says we have nothing further to discuss with each other. :wave:

Jito463
14th Feb 2014, 01:38
Golden, if you don't want people to talk to you on a forum for communication, maybe you should stop posting here. Get over yourself.

Golden Method
14th Feb 2014, 01:43
Golden, if you don't want people to talk to you on a forum for communication, maybe you should stop posting here. Get over yourself.

No, I'll just manually ignore people like you as this site lacks an ignore function. Enjoy life.

68_pie
14th Feb 2014, 03:25
Lol

Spyhopping
14th Feb 2014, 08:53
Things are getting aggressive now, keep things civil please.

turbodevelop
14th Feb 2014, 09:40
Dear Eidos - Moderators,

the user reactions clearly show that the Director´s Cut Version needs another patch.
Especially owners of Nvidia Cards experience a choppy gameplay which kills any immersion into the game.

Would you please be so kind to give us an update on the development of a second patch ?

This communication wouldn´t take much time but could save a lot of trouble.

Thank you.

BridgetFisher
14th Feb 2014, 14:03
Dear Eidos - Moderators,

the user reactions clearly show that the Director´s Cut Version needs another patch.
Especially owners of Nvidia Cards experience a choppy gameplay which kills any immersion into the game.

Would you please be so kind to give us an update on the development of a second patch ?

This communication wouldn´t take much time but could save a lot of trouble.

Thank you.

I find it odd that if their working on a patch why not just say hey were getting there. Or ya know something, anything....

The legal discussion should be a thread of its own, on the gearbox forums there were threads about that stuff with ACM, but those were all shut down and the people banned forever. Eidos is much more open it seems with the discussion which is nice but discussing it in a patch thread seems out of place or wont get the attention from the people the poster would like since people from legal wouldnt be reading a patch thread?

Jito463
14th Feb 2014, 15:50
Things are getting aggressive now, keep things civil please.

Nothing aggressive was intended by my post, but as tone of voice is presently impossible to impose on text, I can see how it might be interpreted that way. As such, I apologize if that came across more hostile than it was intended.

Spyhopping
14th Feb 2014, 16:44
I find it odd that if their working on a patch why not just say hey were getting there. Or ya know something, anything....

The legal discussion should be a thread of its own, on the gearbox forums there were threads about that stuff with ACM, but those were all shut down and the people banned forever. Eidos is much more open it seems with the discussion which is nice but discussing it in a patch thread seems out of place or wont get the attention from the people the poster would like since people from legal wouldnt be reading a patch thread?

Discussion about this should be OK here, but it might be a bit inappropriate to be encouraging legal action against the studio on it's own forums by opening a dedicated thread. I'd be inclined to close it, personally.

As for the request for more information above, I'll try to find out where things are so you know what to expect.

Nothing aggressive was intended by my post, but as tone of voice is presently impossible to impose on text, I can see how it might be interpreted that way. As such, I apologize if that came across more hostile than it was intended.

Don't worry, not pointing any fingers specifically right now! Just trying to redirect the discussion to be a bit less confrontational. Cheers.

Jerion
14th Feb 2014, 17:39
As far as I am aware (but don't quote me on this, I'm not privy to all the details) EM's work on the next Director's Cut patch is more or less done and they're just waiting on other parties (such as Intel) to do their work before rolling it out. That's where things are at. Presumably - and this is just my personal thought here - if Intel has decided to cease work on their second-screen feature, EM will simply release what they have and try to move forward in another way. I have no information on what Intel's plans are though.

Haegemonia
14th Feb 2014, 17:59
Thank you for the update, Jerion; I don't suppose you know what the next patch is planned to contain?

BridgetFisher
16th Feb 2014, 00:08
As far as I am aware (but don't quote me on this, I'm not privy to all the details) EM's work on the next Director's Cut patch is more or less done and they're just waiting on other parties (such as Intel) to do their work before rolling it out. That's where things are at. Presumably - and this is just my personal thought here - if Intel has decided to cease work on their second-screen feature, EM will simply release what they have and try to move forward in another way. I have no information on what Intel's plans are though.

Thanks for the info Jerion! Your a very friendly Tyrant! Ha, never thought Id get to say that in life...

Looking forward to the patch!!!

Totalchicken
17th Feb 2014, 15:44
Alright so i'm playing Deus ex HR directors cut for a small achievement run. So that includes the pacifist one and i'm having a large issue.

At Detroit you meet Tindall or whatever his name who wants you to put down two certain dudes that hangs around the place with the basketball. As i were doing some other quests and saw one of those guys were always at ''Zzz'' i came back at a certain moment where i saw his with the dead mark.

I do not know why the **** this is happening and its utterly frustrating. I punched the guy unconscious and he was laying in a decent form. sleeping. But when i gone back to the save where he wasn't dead. I tried to move him and he got killed instantly for no reason.

I don't know how this is happening and i find it really odd as the Director's cut should be the very very well polished version of the original.

Here is some pictures as well.

http://imgur.com/UUb8Xcw,wrcgUfY#0

First is when i pass by him on random occasions.

Second is when i completed a mission knocking down the yellow gang. (NOTE: I NEVER ever touch him)

OdanUrr
17th Feb 2014, 23:52

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry but I did quote you on the Steam thread, hope it's okay?

Do you know if any of the listed bugs will be corrected in this next patch? Cheers!

List of bugs, missing items, etc. (Updated 17/02/2014) (http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/)

turbodevelop
19th Feb 2014, 18:22
ATTENTION !
All Deus Ex Players with Nvidia Cards

NVIDIA 334.89 WHQL Display Driver
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 Fixed Issues

[Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut]: Low frame rate, frame drops, and stuttering occur in the game. [1395829]

Golden Method
20th Feb 2014, 00:39

And this alleged patch will be released on which platform(s)?

Oppopji
20th Feb 2014, 19:55
Some more comparison screenshots, from the LIMB clinic in Detroit (took them a while ago but only just got around to posting, probably not going to bother doing any more):

Entrance: Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379737676/F396D982B288B886F8C4AC94FF17F188950E1BB1/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379750096/22C300D790C79A9F9A60D5E2B1DA82D788E75227/)
Lobby: Original (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379825127/F4D600CB25034A7C5A774B1E827C68906B70BD23/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379852995/6C991672B5FB8563B4DD2A9918D48726A37A4A11/)
Sign: Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379832485/F7A2BABB62C697D22B57351545B92E6A1BAE55EF/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379857958/60DB5EF1D3CEBE52CDF1EF3B416584ED459F67B5/)
Hallway: Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379883839/B6FE773DE0E9D14A9E026B01E910A53A478A4107/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379957017/E34590F1F0172341CF6F97EFBE573408004A2F60/)
Surgical room: Original (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379889210/367326D5DE1015F6A3AC65A0866AE7A877EA9E1D/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379962163/25C002576FBCF4569941E91BB04208DB8B2C7445/)
Table in surgical room: Original (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379923569/25C27B237D6389AE2E05CDABD7D76CCB9EE012E5/) / Director's Cut (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718379967485/466DBAE72880A57EB38DAD9D31A27DAA6272A1B0/)

And some more examples of the LOD scaling issue:

1- A (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718380221041/C601130C1CD77637E62AA1669CDD47A61418308B/) / B (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718380217805/71953B8E8341267A52F8D180BBC8C21A9462F6C5/)
2- A (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718380018038/FEFB7A8257D5CCA9EFE8D20D62154D3B01C87770/) / B (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718380022325/AD3B43105FADA90045DA3BC45BB47262D06DFA68/) / C (http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280048718380025979/1A6773F349432F1B87D05F2BBBC48A7ABD54BE49/)

Personally, I'm not too bothered by most of the texture differences... the main issues that I'm hoping will be fixed are the reduced detail (especially the loss of reflections on cars and other objects), the immersion-breaking LOD pop-in, the odd lighting/excessive bloom and performance/stuttering issues.

Jerion/spyhopping, are you able to find out what the patch will fix?

ATTENTION !
All Deus Ex Players with Nvidia Cards

NVIDIA 334.89 WHQL Display Driver
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 Fixed Issues

[Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut]: Low frame rate, frame drops, and stuttering occur in the game. [1395829]

Thanks for posting that, I've installed them & they've helped but there's still some stuttering. It seems to be a level caching/streaming issue as it only seems to happen when moving/looking into a new area.

Jerion
20th Feb 2014, 21:24
Jerion/spyhopping, are you able to find out what the patch will fix?

One issue the patch will address is the flashing dots on characters glitch related to certain video cards. I'm not aware of other patch notes beyond that one item. It may address other issues as well and I just haven't been informed about that.

Ashpolt
21st Feb 2014, 01:50
The title of this made me lol. (http://savygamer.co.uk/2014/02/21/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-patch-pc-3-25/) Not a full on lmao, though. And several steps below a rofl.

MechBFP
21st Feb 2014, 02:21
Thank god another patch is coming.

I have to say I was quite unimpressed that even though I spent extra money on the director's cut version, I actually got a worse game than I already had before.

I love the idea of a director's cut game that allows the developers to do a bit of their own thing with a title, and I hope to see more in the future, but if they are going to be sloppy piles of crap like this was, then don't even bother...

Nuclearsnake
21st Feb 2014, 09:11
One issue the patch will address is the flashing dots on characters glitch related to certain video cards. I'm not aware of other patch notes beyond that one item. It may address other issues as well and I just haven't been informed about that.

Any news about an option for our beloved gold-filter? :)

thx