PDA

View Full Version : Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

Pages : 1 [2]

Darthassin
21st Feb 2014, 19:45
ATTENTION !
All Deus Ex Players with Nvidia Cards

NVIDIA 334.89 WHQL Display Driver
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 Fixed Issues

[Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut]: Low frame rate, frame drops, and stuttering occur in the game. [1395829]

I can confirm big performance improvement in my case. Game is playable now. Thanks for info!

BridgetFisher
24th Feb 2014, 12:34
Any news about an option for our beloved gold-filter? :)

thx

Im also hoping for the gold filter, I felt kind of jipped seeing it taken away. It added alot to the games atmosphere, I really liked that artistic style, it was a very creative chance to take in game design and I liked it.

Shralla
24th Feb 2014, 18:08
There's nothing "creative" about adding a filter, regardless of how much you liked it.

Golden Method
24th Feb 2014, 20:00
One issue the patch will address is the flashing dots on characters glitch related to certain video cards. I'm not aware of other patch notes beyond that one item. It may address other issues as well and I just haven't been informed about that.

Again I ask, this alleged patch will be released on which platform(s)?

Jerion
24th Feb 2014, 20:46
Again I ask, this alleged patch will be released on which platform(s)?

I don't have that information at this time.

sigrun
25th Feb 2014, 20:48
I was given this game as a gift some months ago. I had never played the original and was looking forward to playing.

I only got around to putting the disc in my Xbox 360 today. I wanted to get the first disc installed so it was ready to play later. I was immediately puzzled by the lack of an install option.

A quick web search brought me here, where I have now learnt that this edition, not only lacks an install option, but is in fact broken in a number of ways. I have yet to start playing the game.

I have one request: Can Eidos offer me a replacement? I would gladly send off my edition of the game in trade for the original edition.

hybridex
2nd Mar 2014, 12:59
Hopefully, you good folks at Eidos could air this out soon. What a total bummer! After 2 years hiatus and finally able to get back on and got the Director's Cut and can't even play it.. You been updating on the PC and Xbox.. are they working on for the PS3 as well??

OdanUrr
4th Mar 2014, 02:55
I know you guys are probably busy with Thief's release and all, but could you give us an update on the next patch?

MechBFP
5th Mar 2014, 00:05
I know you guys are probably busy with Thief's release and all, but could you give us an update on the next patch?

If they were busy with Thief in the first place they wouldn't have released that steaming pile of a game.
Give me a break.

Zenball
5th Mar 2014, 20:40
Hello, can I just ask that my pet bug be fixed in the next patch - please. Pretty please:

Textures that are advertised as fixed by the first patch are still broken. Details in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140389. Jerion/spyhopper, could you pass this along? I've held up my replay for absolutely ages waiting for a patch.

Also, will it be possible to play using a ps vita as a second screen on PC?

Thanks!

hybridex
5th Mar 2014, 21:52
Have I been away that long? What happened here? How did such a great game befell this tragic fate?? Well, I guess I will have to kill time with Saint Row 3 till this whole shenanigan gets fix. I still have faith that we should not be so disappointed with DX4. FUBAR Eidos, you owe us! How about in the meantime, put out The Fall for PS3, and you should be duly forgiven... yeah!?

JCpies
5th Mar 2014, 23:17
You must have been away for a while. I don't remember you. :U

hybridex
7th Mar 2014, 18:05
I've been busy with the stealth force..

Golden Method
7th Mar 2014, 18:15
EM will have ten business days to respond once this complaint has been filed.

turbodevelop
8th Mar 2014, 19:02
It still stutters. I´m starting to hate that game.

At first the terrible "Hitman Absolution", now stuttering "Deus Ex Directors (!) Cut (!)", i should stop buying unfinished games.

As with "Hitman" there´s obviously a lack of communication between gamers and developer.

I know Moderators are not responsible.

But here a Message to the developer:

Don´t beat around the bush. People are sick of it. Give us a patch release date.

BridgetFisher
12th Mar 2014, 18:25
If they were busy with Thief in the first place they wouldn't have released that steaming pile of a game.
Give me a break.

Did they make theif? I thought someone else made it, besides that game sucked, haha. Meh, why bother fixing it, I buy most games before launch that is the first one in a long time I skipped due to how awful it looked, everything was grey or black, ugh they couldnt afford more colors?

sigrun
12th Mar 2014, 18:41
Did they make theif? I thought someone else made it, besides that game sucked, haha. Meh, why bother fixing it, I buy most games before launch that is the first one in a long time I skipped due to how awful it looked, everything was grey or black, ugh they couldnt afford more colors?

What do you mean "afford more colors"? It's called art direction & choosing a color pallette.

Shralla
12th Mar 2014, 21:54
Selecting a color palette doesn't involve the whole game having the same overall color the whole way through.

sigrun
14th Mar 2014, 16:41
Selecting a color palette doesn't involve the whole game having the same overall color the whole way through.

I disagree. I am not saying I necessarily like it myself, but plenty of people do.

But what ever, Let's keep this topic on track & maintain pressure on Eidos to fix this horrendous release of Deus Ex!

I wonder how this game got passed MS certification. Though admittedly I don't know much about the process. I would have thought not having an install option would have gotten it rejected.

Jito463
15th Mar 2014, 06:22
I wonder how this game got passed MS certification. Though admittedly I don't know much about the process. I would have thought not having an install option would have gotten it rejected.

This is all hypothetical, as I don't own any console or understand their certification process, but I wonder if their use of the same product ID on the DC version allowed them to bypass certification? As I understand it, because the DC uses the same PID as the single disc version, that's the reason it can't be installed (it thinks the two disc version is only one disc). It makes me think that perhaps they bypassed the whole process by recycling the PID.

Again, though, I'm simply guessing here.

oasis789
18th Mar 2014, 19:35
Are there any moderators reading these? Is there any news on a new patch?

Spyhopping
18th Mar 2014, 21:30
We're on here regularly and will post the moment we have any new info. :)

HardlyAstounding
18th Mar 2014, 22:10
We're on here regularly and will post the moment we have any new info. :)

They really ought to keep you informed more. It's annoying as all hell when a developer doesn't tell people what's going on and this poor support is really losing them a lot of fans.

68_pie
19th Mar 2014, 02:27
They really ought to keep you informed more. It's annoying as all hell when a developer doesn't tell people what's going on and this poor support is really losing them a lot of fans.

Mods are just here to police the forum. It's not like they are paid members of staff.

Jito463
19th Mar 2014, 04:37
Mods are just here to police the forum. It's not like they are paid members of staff.

It read more like he was upset the devs weren't telling the mods any info to pass on to us, not that he was griping about the mods themselves.

68_pie
19th Mar 2014, 12:00
It read more like he was upset the devs weren't telling the mods any info to pass on to us, not that he was griping about the mods themselves.

In which case, his complaints are about 6 years late. EM have never bothered to be communicative.

HardlyAstounding
22nd Mar 2014, 19:31
In which case, his complaints are about 6 years late. EM have never bothered to be communicative.

It's still a valid complaint. The Director's Cut has been out since, what, October? That's five months that they've neglected to fix problems that they already fixed in the original version and probably wouldn't take much effort to impliment in the new version.

dysamoria
25th Mar 2014, 06:27
It's still a valid complaint. The Director's Cut has been out since, what, October? That's five months that they've neglected to fix problems that they already fixed in the original version and probably wouldn't take much effort to impliment in the new version.

Yup. And the neglect continues... i haven't played the game in probably two months because i'm waiting for the bugs to be fixed. They are ruining an otherwise excellent game.

dysamoria
25th Mar 2014, 08:03
Well, i just posted an inquiry on their Facebook page...

Deckard79
28th Mar 2014, 13:45
Almost 6 months since the Director's Cut was released, and STILL waiting for it to be fixed so that I can actually play it.

Quite unbelievable.

Caribou007
28th Mar 2014, 16:47
This thread's title "answers from the team" is ridiculous. Only representatives post here and they admit they have no answers from the team. The team that made the game itself is silent.

How do I get a refund? The game is not fit for purpose.

dysamoria
29th Mar 2014, 06:35
This thread's title "answers from the team" is ridiculous. Only representatives post here and they admit they have no answers from the team. The team that made the game itself is silent.

How do I get a refund? The game is not fit for purpose.

i wish "fit for purpose" wasn't disclaimed by software licenses. Are you living in an area where such disclaimers are not allowed by law?

dysamoria
29th Mar 2014, 07:10
Looks like they deleted my posting on their Facebook page. What a shock. Not.

How about some of you other folks try doing the same. At the very least maybe we can get them to remove their commenting option, because i hate companies that act like they want feedback when they DON'T. If you do post there, be professional. Make them censor you because you're right, not because you're a jerk.

Spyhopping
29th Mar 2014, 13:50
Posts are deleted on the FB page when they are rude or abusive. Keep it courteous and I'm sure your post will stay where it is.

dysamoria
30th Mar 2014, 09:41
Posts are deleted on the FB page when they are rude or abusive. Keep it courteous and I'm sure your post will stay where it is.

That's what i did; i linked to the first page of this thread too, so as not to be verbose in my inquiry... but i can't find that post any more... and it's what i recommended in my post above.

dogsolitude_uk
30th Mar 2014, 10:00
How about some of you other folks try doing the same. At the very least maybe we can get them to remove their commenting option, because i hate companies that act like they want feedback when they DON'T. If you do post there, be professional. Make them censor you because you're right, not because you're a jerk.

OK! This may sound a bit silly, but I cannot actually find their FB page. I've searched, but keep finding a Wikipedia-style entry. Do you have a link?

Edit: Duh, found it... :o https://www.facebook.com/DeusEx

Golden Method
30th Mar 2014, 20:11
To all who have been mislead into buying this game, I suggest that you first try to solve the problem in an informal manner by requesting a refund. This will simply give us more room to move forward when the BBB steps in as they already asked me if I tried to solve it in an informal way. You aren't going to get a refund, it is just a formality to show you tried to resolve the issue and they (EM/SE) were unwilling to do so. Don't worry, we WILL win this fight.

Caribou007
30th Mar 2014, 20:51
To all who have been mislead into buying this game, I suggest that you first try to solve the problem in an informal manner by requesting a refund. This will simply give us more room to move forward when the BBB steps in as they already asked me if I tried to solve it in an informal way. You aren't going to get a refund, it is just a formality to show you tried to resolve the issue and they (EM/SE) were unwilling to do so. Don't worry, we WILL win this fight.

This version isn't on the Square Enix Support Site. The last update was in 2011, for the original.

Where should I make my request for a refund?

Golden Method
31st Mar 2014, 18:10
This version isn't on the Square Enix Support Site. The last update was in 2011, for the original.

Where should I make my request for a refund?

It doesn't matter if it is on the Square Enix Support Site. They gave the thumbs up to a game that advertised features that clearly don't exist and a game that does not function like a "directors cut."

Here is the contact info for EM.

http://www.eidosmontreal.com/contact

DavidGM
3rd Apr 2014, 09:05
(360) Second Screen SmartGlass features are broken.

We are working with Microsoft to solve this matter. We hope to have more information to share very soon.

How is your working with Microsoft going? Is there some information about this?

Still waiting.

Spyhopping
3rd Apr 2014, 21:49
We will post here as soon as we have any more information. Nothing new to report at the moment.

hybridex
8th Apr 2014, 05:03
Sorry to hear there are still problems with the patch to the PC version. If it is any consolation while you wait, the game does work well on the PS3, that is if you are able to get your hand on a system. Ends up my issue was the disc and the system. After getting both new replacements, the Director's Cut has no issue on the PS3 system.

Golden Method
9th Apr 2014, 04:19
Sorry to hear there are still problems with the patch to the PC version. If it is any consolation while you wait, the game does work well on the PS3, that is if you are able to get your hand on a system. Ends up my issue was the disc and the system. After getting both new replacements, the Director's Cut has no issue on the PS3 system.

Your claim that the Director's Cut on the PS3 is without issues is unequivocally false.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139997

I have heard, firsthand, what the guns sound like in the PS3 version and honestly believe the people in the above thread were actually being polite in their descriptions.

-Chris-
13th Apr 2014, 14:37
Does anyone know if there is more info / updates on bug fixes, to the directors cut of human revolution as the list over on the steam discussions is getting longer, see http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/.

hybridex
13th Apr 2014, 15:33
"unequivocally".. I always laugh when I hear that word, especially from Taggett. Definitely a word for the politician. No, my claim is not false. With the PS3, I think, but not 100% positive, the issue may be with the system upgrade to the newest version.. what was it, 4.5, I think. The one I had before, I had downloaded that system update and all my games were not working right. Every games were freezing up. With the replacement PS3 and all new replacement games, I have no issues. All worked fine. I had a couple friends use DXHR and they are having a blast.

3rdmillhouse
13th Apr 2014, 16:16

Well, maybe there wouldn't be any rude posts if they were actually engaged in patching the game. Assuming we're talking about Nixxes here. If not, please disregard.

Spyhopping
13th Apr 2014, 16:47
Regardless of company behaviour, there is no reason for rude or abusive comments. Even when you're dissatisfied, it's good practice to remain civil.

CyberP
13th Apr 2014, 17:34
Hey, Frank, this one is for you friend: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22xh4j/i_am_harrison_harrison_ford_ama/

Talk to Indy, your hero! :) Be quick as they never last long.

Edit: Whoops, this is not the Hive. Streets of Hengsha are a little confusing, better refer to my map (No objective markers allowed).

dysamoria
13th Apr 2014, 18:14
Regardless of company behaviour, there is no reason for rude or abusive comments. Even when you're dissatisfied, it's good practice to remain civil.

Agreed. Also, i was able to find my post when someone "liked" it, so it's still there as of a week ago (wasn't deleted as it appeared to have been, just became impossible to find because Facebook is Facebook). i suggest others make postings there to keep it in the public eye that there are a LOT of problems with the DC.

Golden Method
13th Apr 2014, 21:42
"unequivocally".. I always laugh when I hear that word, especially from Taggett. Definitely a word for the politician. No, my claim is not false. With the PS3, I think, but not 100% positive, the issue may be with the system upgrade to the newest version.. what was it, 4.5, I think. The one I had before, I had downloaded that system update and all my games were not working right. Every games were freezing up. With the replacement PS3 and all new replacement games, I have no issues. All worked fine. I had a couple friends use DXHR and they are having a blast.

You can laugh all you want, politicians are not the only people who use the word but your claim is unequivocally false. It has been proven false by the thread that I posted and proven false by the following links:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/719089-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/67724925
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/719089-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/68726730
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/719089-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/67629739
http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/261795

If you would like more links from other websites I can provide them as well.

Concerning the PSN updates, here is a link outlining each one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_system_software

In closing, I am not going to buy the story of some guy who claims he and his friends are having a blast and that the problem is a PSN update, especially when I am playing the game on two ps3 systems, one of which has NOT been connected online in a little over two years. One physical copy swapped between two systems. Same problem. One digital copy in one of the systems. Same problem. Too many people on this forum and outside have had issues and so your claim is false. There are problems with the PS3, 360 and PC versions and to deny this is comical. EM/SE need to address the issue.

FrankCSIS
14th Apr 2014, 02:56
Hey, Frank, this one is for you friend: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22xh4j/i_am_harrison_harrison_ford_ama/

Talk to Indy, your hero! :) Be quick as they never last long.

Edit: Whoops, this is not the Hive. Streets of Hengsha are a little confusing, better refer to my map (No objective markers allowed).

Wrong thread or not, thanks for the heads up! Missed the chat, but enjoyed the transcript!

Golden Method
14th Apr 2014, 22:17
A bit of news and information for those who are waiting for an update. I spoke with Square Enix support today and had a very interesting conversation. The support tech said they have received numerous calls complaining about all versions of the game, that they are fully aware of the sound issues with the PS3 version and that the problem "should have been fixed by now." He said that since they have had so many complaints that things have been escalated. In addition, he said that the lack of communication from EM is something they don't like and that the forums are not being used in a way to help maintain their product lines or as methods for receiving help. Again, this was a tech guy and not a supervisor, but he did say he would shoot my complaint up to the supervisor because they have had a lot of people calling. I spoke with him about the ps3 version, the lack of smartglass and no install on the 360, texture issues on the pc and a couple of other things. I was looking out for everyone and told him that these issues compromise consumer confidence and can hurt their revenue and he agreed.

So, what I want you guys to do is call the Square Enix Support and voice your concerns. The number is 1-858-790-7529. You will need to press #4 when prompted at the menu. From there you will speak with a human being and he or she will hear out your complaint. Afterwards they will take your name and system info. However, they do not do call backs so I encourage you to call and spread the news to those who have this game but are fed up with EM and their broken products.

dysamoria
15th Apr 2014, 04:01
Thanks for that info, Golden Method.

This is one of the ways in which companies keep themselves isolated from customers: requiring them to call, usually not toll free, and ignoring forums entirely. i have no long distance calling on my landline and will absolutely not sit on hold on my cell phone eating minutes. That's more money i'm not pouring into a game that was sold to me with serious defects.

Tonight, i wrote a negative review on Amazon's listing for the DC. i praised the game and soundtrack (also did a brief review for that fantastic soundtrack tonight), but warned about the buggy DC edition. i'm not the only one of us on Amazon writing negative reviews. Anyone else who calls Eidos... you might want to have these phone folks point out to the managers the negative reviews getting posted around the web. i'll be happy to change my review if Eidos ever fixes these problems.

i ended up finishing the game, despite the annoyances of the bugs and jerky frame rate. The art and story of it is great. What a damn shame when technical BS spoils things. It's such a great piece of art that i'll play it again anyway. Why do so many great artistic things have to be so seriously marred by inattention to technical details and capitalism's worst habits of greed, rushing unfinished products to market, and ignoring customers...?

hybridex
15th Apr 2014, 05:16
You can laugh all you want, politicians are not the only people who use the word but your claim is unequivocally false. It has been proven false by the thread that I posted and proven false by the following links:

In closing, I am not going to buy the story of some guy who claims he and his friends are having a blast and that the problem is a PSN update

Again, sorry to hear there are still problems, but take it easy; you cannot go around accusing people of "falsifying claims". Yes, I had problems as well initially, but I do have a problem with the replacement system and game. Lets move on and hope EM and SN could fix the issue for those that are experiencing issues and hope we do not have similar issue with DX4!

Golden Method
15th Apr 2014, 19:07
Thanks for that info, Golden Method.

This is one of the ways in which companies keep themselves isolated from customers: requiring them to call, usually not toll free, and ignoring forums entirely. i have no long distance calling on my landline and will absolutely not sit on hold on my cell phone eating minutes. That's more money i'm not pouring into a game that was sold to me with serious defects.

Tonight, i wrote a negative review on Amazon's listing for the DC. i praised the game and soundtrack (also did a brief review for that fantastic soundtrack tonight), but warned about the buggy DC edition. i'm not the only one of us on Amazon writing negative reviews. Anyone else who calls Eidos... you might want to have these phone folks point out to the managers the negative reviews getting posted around the web. i'll be happy to change my review if Eidos ever fixes these problems.

i ended up finishing the game, despite the annoyances of the bugs and jerky frame rate. The art and story of it is great. What a damn shame when technical BS spoils things. It's such a great piece of art that i'll play it again anyway. Why do so many great artistic things have to be so seriously marred by inattention to technical details and capitalism's worst habits of greed, rushing unfinished products to market, and ignoring customers...?
I feel what you’re saying and agree with it. This is why I said I would be the sacrificial lamb and would try to get things going. At this point we all have to do whatever it is we can do. If it is leaving negative feedback on sites that carry the games, leaving feedback for editors who have reviewed the games and contacting publishers, then that is what we have to do. However, each person must remain cognizant of what they can do and not place themselves in a bind financially, physically or mentally.

I have the time and resources to throw at this and I will. The reason I am doing it is because there is no true level of accountability in most companies unless lawyers are knocking at their doors. I am completely aware of bugs and glitches being in games, it is software after all, but if I own the game or am licensed to use it, I want it to work as advertised. Moreover, if something is a “director’s cut” that is supposed to embody the ultimate creative vision of the developer, it should surpass the previous version in every way possible when it comes to positive aspects.

Again, sorry to hear there are still problems, but take it easy; you cannot go around accusing people of "falsifying claims".

I am taking it easy. Stop making false claims and no one will have to say you’re falsifying anything.

Yes, I had problems as well initially, but I do have a problem with the replacement system and game. Lets move on and hope EM and SN could fix the issue for those that are experiencing issues and hope we do not have similar issue with DX4!

Indeed. However, my trust in EM is no longer there so I am not looking forward to DX4. There are other titles and companies that are doing right by their customers and products so I will spend my money with them. Such companies are CD Projekt Red, Super Giant Games, Klei, Fireaxis and a couple of more.

hybridex
15th Apr 2014, 23:15
You're definitely stubborn. If your trust in EM is gone and there is no need for you to look forward to DX4, why the heck are you still on this forum and being so negative? Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but lighten up. There is no need for such negativity on here, especially towards EM that made DXHR the brilliant game it has become. Moderators.. put a check on this guy!

Spyhopping
15th Apr 2014, 23:37
I think Golden Method's main reason for hanging out here is to move forward with his complaints about the DC. As for negativity, that's fine so long as it isn't abusive or a slam post. :)

hybridex
16th Apr 2014, 00:36
I think Golden Method's main reason for hanging out here is to move forward with his complaints about the DC. As for negativity, that's fine so long as it isn't abusive or a slam post. :)

I agree with you.. but seems quite strange, I keep telling I'm not falsifying anything, but the guy still repeatedly accused me of doing that. A bit of immaturity to me. :scratch:

Deckard79
16th Apr 2014, 13:40
I think the negativity is justified - Deus Ex HR is a game many are quite passionate about, and there is a justifiable sense of betrayal in seeing the Directors Cut sold in such an absolute state, with no fixes or answers from Square Enix and Eidos.

Starhowl
16th Apr 2014, 13:44
I own the following versions:

on Steam
Director's Cut on Steam (0.5ms audio lag + ff not correctly working + texture issues)
Wii U (censored for no ******** reason)
PS3 German PSN (no original audio included)
XBOX 360 Director's Cut (texture issues + advertized Smart Glass not working)
PS3 Director's Cut (low quality mp3 weapon sounds + advertized second screen feature on Vita not working)

in short: Fraud.

Spyhopping
16th Apr 2014, 14:55
I agree with you.. but seems quite strange, I keep telling I'm not falsifying anything, but the guy still repeatedly accused me of doing that. A bit of immaturity to me. :scratch:

It looks like he feels he is talking about an undisputed fact. I'm inclined to disagree- it looks like a matter of opinion to me, but it's probably best to agree to disagree with him and move on.

I think the negativity is justified - Deus Ex HR is a game many are quite passionate about, and there is a justifiable sense of betrayal in seeing the Directors Cut sold in such an absolute state, with no fixes or answers from Square Enix and Eidos.

Yes, there should have been some better communication going on.

I don't think that's the right word for it. Fraud occurs when there's deliberate deception going on.

I'm curious as to why you purchased the game on all of those platforms. Were you trying to get one you were satisfied with?

Golden Method
16th Apr 2014, 18:15
@hybridex,

Not once have I made an attack on you or attempted to describe you as a person yet you say I am "stubborn" and also have said things such as, "but take it easy" and "lighten up" as if I am jumping down your throat or behaving in a belligerent manner. I am not attacking you but attacking your claim so there are no grounds for the moderators to "put a check" on me. Again, your claim that "the game does work well on the PS3" is unequivocally false. The game does not work well on PS3. In fact, there is another thread I came across where a guy spoke about the audio on the PS3 version and said it is low quality but that he just used his imagination and told himself that guns sound different in the future. Care for the link?

Then we have all the links I previously provided, all the other members who have said their PS3 versions sound pathetic and numerous PS3 threads in the tech forum. Then we have a SE tech guy telling me they have had many complaints about this very problem and that it should have been fixed by now. So we have all these sources, each that can be verified by anyone with internet and a phone, yet you are the ONLY person saying the PS3 version works fine.

I paid money for a product that does not work as advertised or intended and there has been minimal response in regards to correcting the problem. Where should I be and how should I feel? I should be at your house playing this mythical PS3 version and "having a blast" with you and your friends? Unlikely.

The problem with all of this is the fact that your claim is not an opinion and you don't need to tell me to "lighten up." It is a documented FACT that the PS3 version has broken audio along with other issues. In addition, it is a documented FACT that the smartglass feature advertised for the 360 does NOT work and that there are severe texture issues with the PC.

I am not being negative towards you personally, I simply know for a fact that your claim is false and so does SE.

Spyhopping
16th Apr 2014, 20:30
This is getting aggressive and pointlessly unpleasant. You think it's a fact, Hybridex thinks it's an opinion. Let's move on.

hybridex
17th Apr 2014, 01:27
This is getting aggressive and pointlessly unpleasant. You think it's a fact, Hybridex thinks it's an opinion. Let's move on.

No opinion here.. it's a fact for me as the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening, but I do empathize somewhat that good fans are feeling betrayed from something they look so forward to enjoy, but are prevented from doing so. I do agree with you, Spyhopping.. we need to move on to other pleasantries. Will not help sawking about things we cannot change or things that are out of our hands, and instead should embrace what the franchise represents and what EM has done for the original DXHR and to look forward to the next DX, and especially for the movie.. :D

PS3 Director's Cut (low quality mp3 weapon sounds + advertized second screen feature on Vita not working)

If that's the only flaw you had experienced with PS3, then it's really minor and the game appears to be fine overall. I don't recall realizing that issue when I played through.. I am curious though, how do you gauge the low quality sound?

Spyhopping
17th Apr 2014, 10:11
No opinion here.. it's a fact for me as the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening...

Ah right. Point still stands apart from that!

...but I do empathize somewhat that good fans are feeling betrayed from something they look so forward to enjoy, but are prevented from doing so. I do agree with you, Spyhopping.. we need to move on to other pleasantries. Will not help sawking about things we cannot change or things that are out of our hands, and instead should embrace what the franchise represents and what EM has done for the original DXHR and to look forward to the next DX, and especially for the movie..

We might have trouble changing things, but I do support those who are dissatisfied and want to move forward with it in some way. As for future DX stuff, I'd be a bit suspicious of a film, but bring on a new AAA game!

Starhowl
17th Apr 2014, 10:16
And patch this mess, yes - please move on.

68_pie
17th Apr 2014, 11:25

on Steam
Director's Cut on Steam (0.5ms audio lag + ff not correctly working + texture issues)

Lol

CyberP
17th Apr 2014, 12:29
Welcome to the future! This is gaming now, a mess, and predominantly business oriented, but big budget marketing campaigns will ensure success no matter the quality. It's important to support the very few teams and publishers that actually deserve the support.

EM/SE have pushed it too far. With EM I want to support them despite my dissatisfaction because you can tell they tried and were passionate, and I expect them to improve, but on the other hand what SE is forcing them to do with the DX name is a disgrace and gives me much doubt for the primary reason we are here: DX4.

Shralla
17th Apr 2014, 17:52

on Steam

Okay, sure. The Director's Cut sucks.

But are we really supposed to feel bad for you when you've wasted money on FIVE duplicate copies of a game you already own? You're clearly just bad with money.

dogsolitude_uk
17th Apr 2014, 18:05

But are we really supposed to feel bad for you when you've wasted money on FIVE duplicate copies of a game you already own? You're clearly just bad with money.

I don't think that's the point (besides you assume that he spent his money on all the copies listed. Some may have been gifts, or purchased second-hand).

What's rather galling to a lot of folk here is that the directors cut has worse sound and graphics than the original, and promised functionality hasn't been implemented. As you say, the Director's Cut sucks. To make matters worse there's been no indication from EM whatsoever about whether or not these issues will be resolved.

I don't think anyone's expecting sympathy here: I think Starhowl was saying that his experience indicated that these issues were across-the-board and affecting all platforms, not just the PC. I don't think he (or she) was looking for sympathy.

At least, that's not how I read it.

hybridex
17th Apr 2014, 20:03
... As for future DX stuff, I'd be a bit suspicious of a film, but bring on a new AAA game!

Suspicious.. hah? Can you elaborate on that? Are you saying you're suspicious that it would not be to our expectation or just suspicious that an actual movie of DX would be in development or come out in theater?

Just going off the tangent a bit on this thread, but related to my question above. My expectation of the DX movie is similar to this move: Gabriel (2007). Check out this site that has the trailer. http://gabrielmovie.com/ if any is also into the archangels storyline. This one is played by Andy whitfield (he also starred as the first Spartacus on the HBO series before he dies in real life), who I think would have been a very good candidate to play Jensen in the movie. In this movie, Gabriel, even though it's not about human augmentation, the sight and sound, the fight mechanic and kinetic are quite similar to DXHR, as I think. Even on one of the movie cover (if you search for the movie), it has the pic of Gabriel looking towards the sky while his wings are spread and also holding a handgun. It bears quite resemblance to Jensen's iconic flight of Icarus trailer.

Golden Method
17th Apr 2014, 22:31
I don't think that's the point (besides you assume that he spent his money on all the copies listed. Some may have been gifts, or purchased second-hand).

What's rather galling to a lot of folk here is that the directors cut has worse sound and graphics than the original, and promised functionality hasn't been implemented. As you say, the Director's Cut sucks. To make matters worse there's been no indication from EM whatsoever about whether or not these issues will be resolved.

I don't think anyone's expecting sympathy here: I think Starhowl was saying that his experience indicated that these issues were across-the-board and affecting all platforms, not just the PC. I don't think he (or she) was looking for sympathy.

At least, that's not how I read it.

Agreed.

MonarchX
18th Apr 2014, 01:06
Should a new game be started after installing Director's Cut Update/Patch 1? The reason I am asking is because I had a savegame in a Detroit apartment, where the floor textures/tiles were supposedly fixed, but mine are still very odd-looking. Has anyone else experienced non-fixed fixes after the update?

68_pie
18th Apr 2014, 03:11
Did y'all blind-buy the DC? If so, I don't exactly have much sympathy.

Starhowl
18th Apr 2014, 07:15

And if it would've been 500 versions; as a merchant you are obliged to make sure that your merchandise reaches your customer intact.

And even if only 1 out of 500 would be not - you are obligated by law to take it back and reimburse your customer or make sure that he will receive a working version.

Furthermore: "Lol obviously you suck!1" is no appropriate answer to a customer that has bought so many of your wares.

Suspicious.. hah? Can you elaborate on that? Are you saying you're suspicious that it would not be to our expectation or just suspicious that an actual movie of DX would be in development or come out in theater?

Just going off the tangent a bit on this thread, but related to my question above. My expectation of the DX movie is similar to this move: Gabriel (2007). Check out this site that has the trailer. http://gabrielmovie.com/ if any is also into the archangels storyline. This one is played by Andy whitfield (he also starred as the first Spartacus on the HBO series before he dies in real life), who I think would have been a very good candidate to play Jensen in the movie. In this movie, Gabriel, even though it's not about human augmentation, the sight and sound, the fight mechanic and kinetic are quite similar to DXHR, as I think. Even on one of the movie cover (if you search for the movie), it has the pic of Gabriel looking towards the sky while his wings are spread and also holding a handgun. It bears quite resemblance to Jensen's iconic flight of Icarus trailer.
You're going highly off-topic in an attempt to distract from the problem which reads "Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)".
Back to topic: Where's the patch?

68_pie
18th Apr 2014, 15:10
But seriously, what possessed you to buy 5 copies?

hybridex
18th Apr 2014, 15:39
He is a dedicated fan with some spending money..

Golden Method
18th Apr 2014, 17:26
And if it would've been 500 versions; as a merchant you are obliged to make sure that your merchandise reaches your customer intact.

And even if only 1 out of 500 would be not - you are obligated by law to take it back and reimburse your customer or make sure that he will receive a working version.

Furthermore: "Lol obviously you suck!1" is no appropriate answer to a customer that has bought so many of your wares.

You're going highly off-topic in an attempt to distract from the problem which reads "Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)".
Back to topic: Where's the patch?

I agree.

CyberP
18th Apr 2014, 17:34
Yes, lets not get in the way of those who want a patch. That is wrong. The game is apparently a joke and should be fixed...though it was a damn wasted opportunity altogether and I personally would prefer if not another single dime was spent on it, but that's irrelevant.

Wasn't a wasted opportunity from a business standpoint though, eh SE/EM...

FrankCSIS
18th Apr 2014, 19:35
Somewhere in there, there's a joke to be made about The Missing Patch DLC

hybridex
19th Apr 2014, 06:31
Aye carumba! It's ok to vent and complain, but a lot of complaints in this thread is almost borderline ridiculous. Slamming something or someone will not get anything accomplishment. I'm sure somewhere on someone's desk at the complaint desk at EM, there is "For a complaint, pull here for service" that is a pin to a grenade on the desk.

CyberP
19th Apr 2014, 06:34
Somewhere in there, there's a joke to be made about The Missing Patch DLC

These lot would still buy it :lol:

3rdmillhouse
19th Apr 2014, 22:02
Did y'all blind-buy the DC? If so, I don't exactly have much sympathy.

Of course we did. Logic would dictate that EM and Nixxes would have developed this Director's Cut version based on the latest build of the original game. Of course, logic was tragically felled the day DC was released. Jaysus, it could be even worse; case in point, Konami lost the original source code and final build for Silent Hill 2.

dysamoria
21st Apr 2014, 02:34
How else would one have bought the DC? The buyers of the original had theirs fixed, EVENTUALLY. My version? Nope. How was i to know? This whole blame the user thing is utterly offensive. Go be a corporate shill somewhere else, 68.

SageSavage
21st Apr 2014, 05:15
How else would one have bought the DC? The buyers of the original had theirs fixed, EVENTUALLY. My version? Nope. How was i to know? This whole blame the user thing is utterly offensive. Go be a corporate shill somewhere else, 68.

I understand your frustrations but if someone says that blind-buying is a bad thing I wholeheartedly agree and it has nothing to do with being a corporate shill at all. Quite the opposite really, it's promoting wallet voting based on a informed decision (well, kind of).

68_pie
21st Apr 2014, 14:41

...wut?

dogsolitude_uk
21st Apr 2014, 15:01
I understand your frustrations but if someone says that blind-buying is a bad thing I wholeheartedly agree and it has nothing to do with being a corporate shill at all. Quite the opposite really, it's promoting wallet voting based on a informed decision (well, kind of).

I think it's reasonable to have expected the Director's Cut to have used to current, patched graphics engine with proper shaders etc. rather than having reverted back to a clunky version. I don't recall the poorer graphics, stutteryness or sound issues being mentioned in any reviews in the gaming media personally, so it would have been difficult to have made an 'informed' decision.

dysamoria
21st Apr 2014, 20:53
I think it's reasonable to have expected the Director's Cut to have used to current, patched graphics engine with proper shaders etc. rather than having reverted back to a clunky version. I don't recall the poorer graphics, stutteryness or sound issues being mentioned in any reviews in the gaming media personally, so it would have been difficult to have made an 'informed' decision.

And that's my response as well. i asked "How else would one have bought the DC?" i was given the response of "buyer beware". That's a response, not an answer.

SageSavage
21st Apr 2014, 21:27
And that's my response as well. i asked "How else would one have bought the DC?" i was given the response of "buyer beware". That's a response, not an answer.
Fair enough but not an excuse to call people corporate shills, in my opinion.

Golden Method
22nd Apr 2014, 02:22

Does the guy he called a shill even own the DC?

In any event, I thought this thread was to get answers from the team about the game and patches. I can see if others are using this thread and the announcement of a future patch to help them make a purchase. However, using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong. We paid for the game. We didn't steal it from a store or pirate it. If the shoe were on the other foot and we stole or pirated, and EM or SE found out, they would want to take us to court for payment. So what have we done wrong? All we did was support a company that we thought could deliver an experience we would enjoy. Is that a crime? No, so why should the company, the mods and other members treat us like criminals and point the finger like we did something wrong? Why laugh it up and make jokes about what we would and wouldn't buy?

Caribou007
22nd Apr 2014, 03:32

In any event, I thought this thread was to get answers from the team about the game and patches. I can see if others are using this thread and the announcement of a future patch to help them make a purchase. However, using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong. We paid for the game. We didn't steal it from a store or pirate it. If the shoe were on the other foot and we stole or pirated, and EM or SE found out, they would want to take us to court for payment. So what have we done wrong? All we did was support a company that we thought could deliver an experience we would enjoy. Is that a crime? No, so why should the company, the mods and other members treat us like criminals and point the finger like we did something wrong? Why laugh it up and make jokes about what we would and wouldn't buy?

The team has never actually given any answers.

It's been six months today- still no patch or answers from the developers.

SageSavage
22nd Apr 2014, 05:47
It's been six months today- still no patch or answers from the developers. .
QFT.

@Golden Method: I don't point fingers. I had my fair share of (let's call it) bad "early adopter" experiences myself already. I have learned from it that buying based on trusting a company is very risky and better to be avoided. Maybe that's something you too can take away from this situation. However, I only got envolved here because of the name calling, really.

Spyhopping
22nd Apr 2014, 10:09
Six months is much too long.

I'd be suspicious as to whether it would be a good move for DX, and whether the current audience would actually like what was made in the end. If they focused on a good story and let that tiresome movie formula of shooting, fight scenes, damsels in distress and CGI overuse fall by the wayside then I'd be rather excited for it.

So what have we done wrong? All we did was support a company that we thought could deliver an experience we would enjoy. Is that a crime? No, so why should the company, the mods and other members treat us like criminals and point the finger like we did something wrong?

Now you're pointing fingers! Nobody has treated anybody like a criminal.

Nuclearsnake
22nd Apr 2014, 10:38
It would be nice if we got finally an answer from the devs regarding the new patch^^

then everyone can calm down again ;)

NS

68_pie
22nd Apr 2014, 16:09
I'm still confused about how telling people not to buy the game makes me a corporate shill but whatever.

Of course I didn't - I knew it would be a pointless waste of money and the fact that it was originally only going to be on WiiU suggested it was going to be half-assed.

I'm not saying never pre-order or blind-buy anything. Hell, I've heavily backed some Kickstarters and haven't seen much yet - I'm probably stupid for doing it but I'm okay with that because sometimes you have to accept things aren't going to work out.

It's not your fault there are issues with the game but it's stupid to expect there not to be and stupid to expect them all to be fixed.

Why laugh it up and make jokes about what we would and wouldn't buy?

Because your self-importance is comical?

Now you're pointing fingers! Nobody has treated anybody like a criminal.

Not unless being an idiot became illegal (but then all of us would be under arrest).

Golden Method
22nd Apr 2014, 20:09
Of course I didn't - I knew it would be a pointless waste of money and the fact that it was originally only going to be on WiiU suggested it was going to be half-assed.

The WiiU version is actually the most stable version and not half-assed. If you don't own it, knew the game would be a pointless waste of money and you already had a certain opinion of the WiiU version why are you posting in this thread? I am not saying you can't post here, I don't decide that, but aside from "because I can" I see no reason in posting in this thread and I don't appreciate the antagonism displayed by others and yourself.

I'm not saying never pre-order or blind-buy anything. Hell, I've heavily backed some Kickstarters and haven't seen much yet - I'm probably stupid for doing it but I'm okay with that because sometimes you have to accept things aren't going to work out.

This is more than accepting things aren't going to work out. With Kickstarter, you can get your money back. What course of action do we have?

It's not your fault there are issues with the game but it's stupid to expect there not to be and stupid to expect them all to be fixed.

I would say it is stupid to post in a thread about matters that clearly don't concern or impact you in any way but that is simply my opinion. However, it is not stupid to expect a game that has been advertised as the "Directors Cut" with certain features, to work as intended. I could see if there was screen tearing here, a bit of slow down there, pop ins, that would be something I'm sure most of us could live with. But no smartglass function that was clearly advertised? Guns sounding like 32kbps files and PC gamers not even being able to get the game to start? They advertised a directors cut, we didn't expect for things to be perfect but we did NOT expect for the game to regress.

Because your self-importance is comical?

Self-importance...coming from a person who didn't spend any money on the game yet is in a thread dedicated to updates about a patch. That's more than comical. So, anytime you have shelled out your money for a product, I hope someone tells you "Because of your self-importance we're not going to give you a refund or fix the problem. See ya, kiddo, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!" That would be fair right?

Not unless being an idiot became illegal (but then all of us would be under arrest).

And this is the type of stuff mods allow here? I see why the game is like it is. It's all good. :)

Jito463
22nd Apr 2014, 20:30
With Kickstarter, you can get your money back.

Sorry, but I can't let this slide. Project creators, under KS terms and conditions, are under *NO* obligation to refund any money. KS is not a store. The only time KS even suggests doing a refund, is if the project is not capable of being completed.

Golden Method
22nd Apr 2014, 20:36
Sorry, but I can't let this slide. Project creators, under KS terms and conditions, are under *NO* obligation to refund any money. KS is not a store. The only time KS even suggests doing a refund, is if the project is not capable of being completed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

So when I make the claim that you can get your money back from Kickstarter, I don't mean the company Kickstarter, mean "kickstarter" i.e. the company you decided to back and fun.

Jito463
22nd Apr 2014, 23:22
https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

So when I make the claim that you can get your money back from Kickstarter, I don't mean the company Kickstarter, mean "kickstarter" i.e. the company you decided to back and fun.

And note that they mention "legal recourse", which means lawsuit. Sure, some (possibly most) would be okay with refunding individuals, but it doesn't mean they have to. And I already covered that quote from the FAQ. I stand by my comment. KS is crowd-funding, and the rewards are just that, rewards. They're not purchases. It's entirely possible for a "good-faith effort" to spectacularly fail, and the project not succeed; in which case the project creator is not on the hook for refunding anything. Someone could still attempt a lawsuit to get their money back, but as with all things in life, there's no guarantees.

This just bugs me, because far too often I see comments on KS from people annoyed at delays, and complaining they want their money back for a project, even if it's still in production. I fear far too many people have the wrong idea about what KS really is. This isn't directed at you specifically, but at everyone who incorrectly regards KS as a purchasing platform, rather than what it is: a crowd-funding platform.

Of course, now it's just getting really off-topic.

dysamoria
22nd Apr 2014, 23:50

Okay, i've been called out on this both my a moderator and by fellow board members, and i felt pretty irritated at the time, so:

i apologize for the name calling. i felt like the target of my name calling was baiting those of us who have bought this game and are frustrated. Next time i'll just say that, without the name calling. Like most humans, get me pissed off and i respond with far less than my ideal of self control and rationality. i should have said what Golden Method said: "...using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong." Of course, i see 68_pie is continuing to suggest name calling of his own, now more directly. Sigh. Whatever.

68_pie
23rd Apr 2014, 04:11
The WiiU version is actually the most stable version and not half-assed. If you don't own it, knew the game would be a pointless waste of money and you already had a certain opinion of the WiiU version why are you posting in this thread? I am not saying you can't post here, I don't decide that, but aside from "because I can" I see no reason in posting in this thread and I don't appreciate the antagonism displayed by others and yourself.

You misunderstood what I wrote. I shall clarify:

Because the game was originally only going to be on WiiU, I strongly suspected that versions on other platforms would be half-assed.

It's not deliberate antagonism, I'm merely expressing my confusion as to the blind-faith you put in EM especially (based on their not-exactly awe-inspiring track record during the development of DXHR) and frankly any developer.

This is more than accepting things aren't going to work out. With Kickstarter, you can get your money back. What course of action do we have?

The chance of you getting a refund is considerably higher than me getting my money back from a failed Kickstarter.

However, it is not stupid to expect a game that has been advertised as the "Directors Cut" with certain features, to work as intended. I could see if there was screen tearing here, a bit of slow down there, pop ins, that would be something I'm sure most of us could live with. But no smartglass function that was clearly advertised? Guns sounding like 32kbps files and PC gamers not even being able to get the game to start? They advertised a directors cut, we didn't expect for things to be perfect but we did NOT expect for the game to regress.

The phrase "Director's Cut" is effectively meaningless and is no guarantee of an uptick in quality. There were bugs left in the DXHR that didn't get fixed so it's hardly surprising that there are bugs in the DC. Some things are better, some things are worse, oy vey.

Based on experience with EM it's hardly callous to say that you should have waited for user reviews before buying it.

Self-importance...coming from a person who didn't spend any money on the game yet is in a thread dedicated to updates about a patch. That's more than comical. So, anytime you have shelled out your money for a product, I hope someone tells you "Because of your self-importance we're not going to give you a refund or fix the problem. See ya, kiddo, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!" That would be fair right?

Who mentioned anything about it being fair? Plus, this thread is hardly "dedicated to updates about a patch"... It's dedicated to your butthurt :p jk. I just have a general interest so I participate.

And this is the type of stuff mods allow here? I see why the game is like it is. It's all good. :)

Dude, I insulted myself too. The mods aren't employees of EM so why would that have any relationship to the game?

SageSavage
23rd Apr 2014, 06:53
Okay, i've been called out on this both my a moderator and by fellow board members, and i felt pretty irritated at the time, so:

i apologize for the name calling. i felt like the target of my name calling was baiting those of us who have bought this game and are frustrated. Next time i'll just say that, without the name calling. Like most humans, get me pissed off and i respond with far less than my ideal of self control and rationality. i should have said what Golden Method said: "...using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong." Of course, i see 68_pie is continuing to suggest name calling of his own, now more directly. Sigh. Whatever.Yeah, no use in continuing this. I hope you'll eventually get a proper fix for the game but I'm afraid chances seem very slim. I've been a member of this forum from the first day and can tell you that communication with EM (mods and a handful of community manager statements aside) has always been extremely unsatisfying and for the most part non-existant.

Golden Method
2nd May 2014, 22:44
I was given a refund from STEAM and PSN. Talking about what lead to the refund and the straw that broke the camel's back will probably lead to someone saying I violated the TOU. So if you want to know the exact steps I used to get my money back via STEAM and PSN send me a PM. For XBOX users, I don't know if I can help since the game wasn't offered for digital download, at least to my knowledge, but you should be able to contact MS and see if you are covered under the manufacturers warranty. The same goes for those who purchased the physical copy on any platform. But anyway, send the PM if you need help.

dysamoria
3rd May 2014, 15:13
Glad to hear you got some satisfaction, though i'm sure a properly working game would've been preferable.

Golden Method
7th May 2014, 20:06
Glad to hear you got some satisfaction, though i'm sure a properly working game would've been preferable.

Yes a properly working game would've been preferable. For those who are interested you should look into filing a complaint with the Competition Bureau as well. You can't do it with the BBB as they do not service Quebec (I didn't find out until way after I contacted the BBB) but it is worth a shot.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/h_00130.html

They're also toll free but the office hours are really short so make sure you have all your ducks in a row when you call.

Mirrorman95
10th May 2014, 18:42
I don't know how to PM people on Eidos but would like to know how to get a refund for Director's Cut.

-Chris-
10th May 2014, 22:22
Check this link.from FAQ about private messaging
http://forums.eidosgames.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=private+message&match=all&titlesonly=0
Or search the FAQ for private messaging

OdanUrr
19th May 2014, 13:08
Have future updates been cancelled then?

Deckard79
20th May 2014, 19:46
Have future updates been cancelled then?

It would seem so. Silence from Square Enix /Eidos = "psst... maybe if we don't talk to them, they'll all forget!"

Mebber
21st May 2014, 12:35
I think after, huh, months of waiting and no further information of any kind... yeah, i guess it's save to say they're just sitting it out. In a perfect "**** you customer, you bought the game now stfu" way.

auric
25th May 2014, 06:13
For a"director's cut"
I was expecting improvements to the takedown cinematic, like fixing Jensen hitting air, or facial expressions and maybe more new moves. :)

Shralla
25th May 2014, 17:51
And we're NOT supposed to believe that the community managers all left because EM made it entirely impossible for them to do their jobs?

sadmachine
25th May 2014, 23:34
The way this has been handled is incredibly disappointing. Kind of hard to be enthusiastic about the future of a series when the developers put those they've done wrong in the past on the pay-no-mind list.

dysamoria
27th May 2014, 02:58
The way this has been handled is incredibly disappointing. Kind of hard to be enthusiastic about the future of a series when the developers put those they've done wrong in the past on the pay-no-mind list.

In a society where it is frowned upon to complain about anything short of being murdered (which even manages to blame the victims of abuse and rape), where people are peer pressured to not complain or be seen as "whiners", where the mass of consumers are indoctrinated to believe that bugs are NORMAL (and thus ends the discussion, because "inevitable" bugs in rushed product does not get fixed anyway) and that it's unreasonable to expect companies to actually guarantee software... most consumers will just suck it up and stay silently annoyed. Who do you think benefits? (rhetorical question, obviously)

It's the same with many social issues. i watched a jerk mayor get re-elected in a neighboring town, despite the large number of vocal citizens and city employees actively calling him a d-bag... despite the situation where the entire city counsel (minus one) is clearly in his pocket (they sit mockingly silent when asked questions at public meetings), and his planned incinerator that will not only pollute but also interfere with recycling... he's really just making political moves on his path to higher offices, and taking advantage of a city that is typical American lethargy in terms of voting turn out and community meetings...

They get away with it because they've succeeded in making your peers think everything is acceptable and that you're just a whiner.

SageSavage
27th May 2014, 06:41
New target group needed then. Studio, engage shields and commence streamlining process. This' gonna be a rough journey.

auric
27th May 2014, 06:44
Another thing I was hoping to see a change in the directors cut.

That we r able to perform with Jack O'Malley's quest.

Something like this :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=55tfS4MMtn4

DrZann
1st Jun 2014, 01:02
I'm hoping to see the graphics restored to the originals quality.

BridgetFisher
2nd Jun 2014, 18:02
I'm hoping to see the graphics restored to the originals quality.

Ive also been hoping for the same thing, but due to intel processor cycles I think we need to wait to get our distinctive golden filter which for alot of us made a game into a work of art.

Shralla
3rd Jun 2014, 01:33
I hardly think that's what he was talking about when referring to the original quality of the graphics. Many textures appear worse in the Director's Cut, as well as the fact that all post-processing in general was turned off.

Also I'm confused. Are you saying that without the yellow filter, the game is no longer a work of art?

Oppopji
4th Jun 2014, 20:58
The way Square Enix has handled the Director's Cut is shameful and it's costing them, in both lost sales and tarnished reputation. I decided against buying Thief and DX: The Fall largely because of this issue and I've decided not to buy anything more from SE in general, apart from GOG releases; we were let down with the DXHR DC so why expect any different from SE's other games? I've also been discouraging everyone I know from buying SE games, telling them about this situation.

I'm still hoping that we'll eventually see a patch to fix the myriad issues the Director's Cut has, but after all this time without hearing anything from SE regarding a patch it looks likely that they've decided to just abandon the game in its current state :/

If SE keeps up like this perhaps they'll end up going the same way as THQ...

dysamoria
5th Jun 2014, 01:42
The game crashed and rebooted my PC again about 30 minutes ago...

..............aaaand now i just lost 3 HOURS of game play because the game CRASHED, rebooted my PC, and the save games from the last 3 HOURS are NOWHERE to be found!!!!!

Jito463
5th Jun 2014, 14:51
It sounds like you may have some more serious issues with your PC, because there's no reason the game should be causing your whole system to reboot. Can you post a minidump file (C:\Windows\minidump), so I can analyze it for you (unless you can analyze it yourself)? Also, you should run a chkdsk on your C drive, just to be safe.

dysamoria
7th Jun 2014, 04:07
It sounds like you may have some more serious issues with your PC, because there's no reason the game should be causing your whole system to reboot. Can you post a minidump file (C:\Windows\minidump), so I can analyze it for you (unless you can analyze it yourself)? Also, you should run a chkdsk on your C drive, just to be safe.

No offense or flaming intended here, but... Yeah, it's always "blame the computer". It's only one short step away from "blame the user".

i can't find any useful log entries in system management (once i found where Windows 8.1 hides the "Computer Management" tool). Just a "didn't shut down properly" critical "kernel-power" notice. How (un)helpful. Then i went to the minidump folder and found that i cannot do a damn thing with these files because they're permanently owned by the system and take ownership does NOT work (oh i can take ownership, but i still am denied access). i spent time reading five pages of a help forum where someone else asked the same question as me, and was bombarded by a bunch of arrogant tech geeks totally missing the point of the original poster's inquiry (the original poster demonstrated the patience of a SAINT), repeatedly giving him ZERO help, including telling him to change ownership (which he said he tried, just like i did, and wanted to know why that doesn't work), giving him registry edits to make and a bunch of command line commands to try just to change ownership, which he said wasn't working from the GUI (this tells us all that the Windows security management features in the GUI are useless if the CLU is where you'll be sent anyway)... and i tried those commands and found that they didn't work either... i think the original poster just gave up at that point, as there were no followups.

So i can't view the minidumps. Also, there's no minidump for the date of the last known freeze/reboot, so that indicates that one wasn't written at all for that crash, which means it is a HARD STOP, not a kernel panic, as the kernel had no ability to write a dump file. So the minidump is pointless anyway.

Windows 8.1 doesn't say a damn thing upon restart, either. Vista used to nag the user about not shutting down properly before the next OS load, and then nag the user about "recovered from a problem" (which never helped because the problem was never perceived as Microsoft's) after reboot, but 8.1 doesn't do either. i get NO info unless i hunt for the useless info and info i cannot access because Microsoft thinks minidump files deserve to be protected from administrators (or anyone, for that matter).

As for theories that aren't blaming Deus Ex...? I'm not buying it, but it could possibly be that the GPU is overheating. There are glitches in the graphics on Deus Ex, usually after the GPU has been working hard for a while (though i almost never see glitches in Just Cause 2, which seems more demanding to me, and has not crashed thus far). i can't find any explanation for these glitches other than GPU overheating statements on forums where people ask about similar things (when i search around Google results for what i'm seeing, and i've tried various search terms and most things are irrelevant). But my GPU has its stock GPU fan, and there are SIX other fans in a nicely built spacious case. The biggest fan sucks air right off the GPU area. The only way to make my room louder is to turn on the AC (which IS ON, BTW). And Just Cause 2 isn't causing this to happen. ONLY Deus Ex HR DC. Also, Deus Ex HR DC crashed on its very first run where it asks you for the initial configuration. i had to rerun it and manually change things from a "windowed full screen" mutant box on my screen that i could barely read (i later found that you add "-setup" to the command line to get that initial config).

The only reason i might BELIEVE GPU overheating could POTENTIALLY cause this is that, while running Vista, a game would sometimes crash because the GPU driver crashed, which would NOT recur if i pumped up the fan speeds. Usually this was Half-Life 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, or Deus Ex HR. HOWEVER, Vista would RECOVER from this by restarting the driver, it would TELL me that this has happened in a notification, and it wouldn't happen again once i turned the fan speeds up. It NEVER spontaneously rebooted my computer. Does Windows 8 not do the same? From experiences in BeOS, i've learned that the only way to protect the kernel from such things is to take the graphics system out of the kernel. Does that mean Vista had the graphics system out of the kernel and Windows 8 doesn't? Or is there some kind of dynamic loading/unloading in the Windows kernel? Either way, this didn't happen with Vista, even with what seemed to be an overheat.

Anyway, i don't believe it is overheating... i mean, only DE overheats the GPU with the fans all on high speeds? Far fetched. i think it's the game. There's an incompatibility between the game and Windows 8.1, which, along with the poor GPU performance in this game on its own, will never be fixed and i'm ranting here because, even at discount, i'm feeling ripped off by buying a game that is awesome in its artistic achievement but ABYSMAL in its stability and system compatibility.

i've made zero hardware changes to this computer (though i've sped up the fan speeds for gaming, which helped with the driver crashes of the PAST, which i'm NOT seeing now, which i wouldn't complain HERE about). i'm only getting these reboots after game freezes (screen goes blank, audio plays what sounds like the buffer in a loop), and sometimes it just stays frozen without rebooting. My OS is a FRESH install (as of about two weeks ago), running far fewer drivers, and with far less installed software than when i was using Vista. The Vista install was hosed, but it didn't freakin' freeze and reboot like this during game play.

The problem is either Windows 8.1, the game, the GPU drivers (freshly updating them from previous versions didn't fix it), an interaction between the three, or a NEW hardware problem that wasn't there until just now (too coincidental to be reasonable to me). i'm voting on it being the game, because this does NOT happen when i play Just Cause 2, for MANY HOURS.

BTW, i do disk scans after all failures. i have precious data and zero desire to write new data to corrupt file systems.

Computers suck. Especially PCs, their varied hardware, and all the software running on them (including drivers). Consoles don't seem to be any better these days, and i don't have the money to buy one, nor their games, nor an HDTV to attach one to. Macs get few games, despite being plenty capable (my PC is obsolete, based on the 3 year refresh attitude thrust at us, but i'm still enjoying games that were cutting edge in 2011).

EDIT: i found that COPYING the minidumps elsewhere solves the access denied problem. Not moving. Not taking ownership. Copying. Then i read it with a utility called BlueScreenView. It says the cause was the kernel. But again, this wasn't on the day and time of the last known freeze/reboot. Also, looking more closely at my system log viewer, there are only notices of the boot-up, NOT of any problem causing it or the freeze. This is a major serious crash. It's at the level of interrupt conflict, back in the days of no PCI Steering.

Jito463
7th Jun 2014, 04:41
Can you upload a copy of it for me? I'd like to run it through MS's official WinDBG, which may get a better reading than the program you mentioned (which I'm not familiar with).

dysamoria
7th Jun 2014, 13:15
Honestly, i don't see the point in trying to set that up. None of the minidumps are dated at the last time and date i'm certain of this event happening (days previous, yes, but not the one i know for sure). i don't even have an FTP client on here yet (no i don't feel like dealing with command line FTP), that's how early in this OS load i am. Thanks for expressing interest, though. :-)

Changed my mind since i found this anonymous file upload site (who knows if it's legit)... https://anonfiles.com/file/1caf93032622f20ed92973ef2114fd99

Jito463
7th Jun 2014, 15:56
The fault was in the ntkrnlmp.exe, and seems to have been caused by a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL
or above.

I'm not familiar with DPC Watchdog, so it's possibly something unique to Win 8.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj154556(v=vs.85).aspx

I did find this relevant topic on the MSDN site, but not much in the way of useful or helpful information. Furthermore, according to WinDBG, it seems it was a VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT (don't mind the VISTA part, that's simply a throwback to the Vista codebase that 7 and 8 are built on) that was seemingly caused by DXHRDC.exe, though whether the fault actually came from the game or it's simply pointing to it because it was the active application when the fault occurred, I can't say. I do question if the game actually caused the fault, though, because the MSDN site reference is to hardware, not software. It's more likely the game triggered a fault in your hardware that Just Cause 2 (the other game you mentioned) doesn't, for an as yet unknown reason.

While I couldn't come up with anything conclusive, I hope this information helps you get some support from EM.

dysamoria
17th Jun 2014, 14:24
The fault was in the ntkrnlmp.exe, and seems to have been caused by a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I'm not familiar with DPC Watchdog, so it's possibly something unique to Win 8.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj154556(v=vs.85).aspx

I did find this relevant topic on the MSDN site, but not much in the way of useful or helpful information. Furthermore, according to WinDBG, it seems it was a VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT (don't mind the VISTA part, that's simply a throwback to the Vista codebase that 7 and 8 are built on) that was seemingly caused by DXHRDC.exe, though whether the fault actually came from the game or it's simply pointing to it because it was the active application when the fault occurred, I can't say. I do question if the game actually caused the fault, though, because the MSDN site reference is to hardware, not software. It's more likely the game triggered a fault in your hardware that Just Cause 2 (the other game you mentioned) doesn't, for an as yet unknown reason.

While I couldn't come up with anything conclusive, I hope this information helps you get some support from EM.

Thanks for that info. i'm unfamiliar with DPC Watchdog myself. If there IS a hardware fault, it wasn't triggered like this in Vista. If Win 8.1 can't deal with whatever it is as well as Vista did, then i wonder why this is considered an improved OS...

i wont be contacting EM. i'm too defeated by the system of making people jump through hoops to get support, only to tell them they can't/wont help anyway. Capitalism at its finest. As it stands, i might stop playing the game permanently. i haven't started it since the last freeze/reboot. i don't see it a worthwhile activity if it's going to keep doing that. Until something else triggers the same event, i'll continue to blame the game. Why not? We see how poor this edition is in other ways. Irony is, the latest NVidia driver made the stuttering frame rate marginally better. Too bad it didn't protect me from hard crashes.

http://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/windows_8_dpc_watchdog_violation describes DPC Watchdog. Too bad this system feature doesn't bother to tell the user what driver it is that was responsible. But really, i'm almost certain it's the GPU and how the game accesses it. We have seen how poorly the director's cut handles the GPU. Nothing else is being used by the game and i have barely any hardware set up on this OS install yet.

Jito463
17th Jun 2014, 16:19
If you're willing, you could try running a stress-test on your PC to see if you can force a crash.

http://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm

While the full version isn't worth it unless you're a tech, like myself, there is a 30-day free trial you can download and run. I've not tried v7 yet (still on v6), but I've used it for years to check PC's for potential hardware failures.

dysamoria
4th Jul 2014, 22:28
So... where's that new community person? Where are the further details from the developers? Still nothing, huh?

At this point, i don't want to play the game any more with this computer rebooting behavior.

i've spent most of today reading about Ubisoft having similar problems with Watch Dogs, one of the only games i was looking forward to... seems it has stuttering only on the PC version and the patch they just released hasn't fixed, and has even sometimes actually worsened, the problem. Stuttering on PC versions seems to be one of the common consolitis issues... After my experience with Deus Ex HR DC, and seeing how the publishers and developers ignore the users time and again... Fat chance i'll put out the money on any future gaming hardware, and certainly not on games from these developers and publishers.

What a sad and annoying state of affairs this industry is in. Gaming used to be fun and inventive, and even artful. Now the corporatism has ruined almost all of it (certainly with the higher end stuff with depth; i've almost no interest in casual games). It's just like Hollywood: Rush to market, initial sales are all that matter, longevity is irrelevant, consumers are irrelevant. Lie, ignore, dismiss. Repeat. It's all the more frustrating when the game's level of artfulness is high, because these corporatist attitudes and behaviors just make it feel all that more insulting when the content is something to actually find enjoyment in.

Maybe they should just stop developing for PCs, because of the plethora of untestable hardware combinations. Consoles, Mac. The end. (i can hear the PC gamers screaming, blood shooting out of their mouths and eyes, logging in so violently that their fingernails fly off, to comment with nuclear fission bomb flames at that suggestion, hah hah).

SageSavage
4th Jul 2014, 23:22
No they shouldn't stop developing for PCs. Ideally they should act fair and honest. Since that probably won't happen, you should learn from it and vote with your wallet and adapt a more cautious attitude. Sucks but what else can you do?

besyuziki
8th Jul 2014, 11:57
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/540744936760524795/#c46476145618231083

Just saw this interesting post by [FERAL]Edwin, who posts on behalf of Feral, the team responsible for the Mac version of the game. Looks like they were able to implement some of the vanilla fixes to the DX:HR Director's Cut on Mac. Also had a quick glance at his other posts and apparently Feral is very thorough at what they do, and Edwin is, deservedly, proud and confident of their work. He also clearly states that the Director's Cut on PC was based on an early build, deprived of some of the fixes. It was obvious to everyone of course, but I think it's the first time it's been openly said by a sorta-kinda official person.

I thought DX: HR: DC: PC was handled by Nixxes until their response to Ashpolt's tweet (https://twitter.com/jimofferman/status/481383617772265473), but since it was not, was it an in house port then? And considering their admirable work with vanilla Human Revolution, why not rehire Nixxes? Is it too expensive? Did someone up top halt the PC patching until the dual screen "feature" is a thing, to release one big update for both the bug fixes and dual screen to save money, or for another reason?

im confus

oasis789
9th Jul 2014, 18:30
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/540744936760524795/#c46476145618231083

Just saw this interesting post by [FERAL]Edwin, who posts on behalf of Feral, the team responsible for the Mac version of the game. Looks like they were able to implement some of the vanilla fixes to the DX:HR Director's Cut on Mac. Also had a quick glance at his other posts and apparently Feral is very thorough at what they do, and Edwin is, deservedly, proud and confident of their work. He also clearly states that the Director's Cut on PC was based on an early build, deprived of some of the fixes. It was obvious to everyone of course, but I think it's the first time it's been openly said by a sorta-kinda official person.

And... It's gone.

Shralla
9th Jul 2014, 19:14
But guys seriously there's still a patch in the works, we know because the mods told us so.

besyuziki
10th Jul 2014, 01:11
Can someone please change the "first patch" to "patch" in this thread's title? No reason to get people's hopes up about more patches.

And... It's gone.

What a shame. It was a good post.

Darth_Stormrage
16th Jul 2014, 00:39
You have released and abandoned us with an unpatched, buggy mess in the form of the Director's Cut of Human Revolution.

There are serious things wrong with it that were patched out of early versions of the standard version (like the fps drops and lag) and also brand new bugs.
At the same time, the standard version is no longer available to buy on Steam...

As this is going to be a franchise you are going to be growing, is this really wise? When new games are announced and brand new players look to buy the older games to ready themselves for it, all there'll be available is a "Director's Cut" buggy mess that is panned on the forums and tarnishing the name of the brand as it moves forward.

This is bad for both gamers AND Eidos, do you not see?
Someone over there must have some common sense surely? At least make the standard version available to buy again!

AlexOfSpades
16th Jul 2014, 04:23
Is it just me, or are all negative feedback threads just merged into dozens-of-pages-long "megathreads" so that they're never seen? I saw this happening a lot in the Thiaf forums. Is this really wise? How are the loyal, hard-working developers gonna know about the issues?

Darth_Stormrage
16th Jul 2014, 17:24
Is it just me, or are all negative feedback threads just merged into dozens-of-pages-long "megathreads" so that they're never seen? I saw this happening a lot in the Thiaf forums. Is this really wise? How are the loyal, hard-working developers gonna know about the issues?

My post right before yours was merged with this.
It was about the general abandonment of the game by Eidos, which isn't what this thread is about. So yes, they are hiding negative threads.

I don't think i'm going to buy another Eidos game now until at least 6 months after release. I don't trust them to release or keep their games in any sort of healthy state.

vitlus_molten
23rd Jul 2014, 17:18
I'm a big Deus Ex fan...
I dropped by to say that I'm still waiting for Eidos to fix the directors cut edition before playing it, even though i bought it on steam as soon as it came out...
Seriously, is this ever going to get patched, is there any hope? :)

Shralla
23rd Jul 2014, 18:38
It's been almost a year and they're clearly gearing up to announce the new Deus Ex. I wouldn't hold your breath.

dysamoria
1st Aug 2014, 17:29
i was going to ask about the Mac version, since i'm looking at buying a Mac Pro and i see that it is now cross-platform on Steam... so it's good to hear about the (now deleted) info post at the Steam forum. If EM can be bothered to police forums for info they don't want shared with their customers, and NOT be bothered to ACTIVELY COMMUNICATE with us, that itself sends a very clear passive-aggressive message of hostility to existing customers of this defective product...

Spyhopping
1st Aug 2014, 17:52
If EM can be bothered to police forums for info they don't want shared with their customers, and NOT be bothered to ACTIVELY COMMUNICATE with us, that itself sends a very clear passive-aggressive message of hostility to existing customers of this defective product...

At the moment volunteers are responsible for keeping an eye on the forum, not EM. If a thread is merged here it's because we don't need 5 threads discussing each strand of the same problem, and besides this one is sticky so it's staying good and visible too. If we actually had instruction to hide things, we'd just go on ahead and hit that nice big delete button.

As for the problem itself, it's frustrating that we've had no sure answer about another patch. I have no new information, but it's been so long now that I think that it is safe to assume that the studio have moved on to other things.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Aug 2014, 20:24
If we actually had instruction to hide things, we'd just go on ahead and hit that nice big delete button.

Yeah, this would be the most obvious, simple solution.. and the button is BIG. You can't miss it. :D

And... on the topic of merging, mind those double-posts, people.
If your previous post is still currently the last one in a thread and you wish to add further content, the rules request that you use the 'edit' button; rather than making another new post underneath your previous one. :thumb:

Jito463
1st Aug 2014, 20:36
I got the impression dysamoria was referring more to the Steam forums/comments than here.

68_pie
2nd Aug 2014, 01:17
I got the impression dysamoria was referring more to the Steam forums/comments than here.

Lol, this.

I do find it hilarious that the mods instantly stepped in despite it not even being about this forum.

Spyhopping
2nd Aug 2014, 05:06

Ah yeah, I think you're right.

Lol, this.

I do find it hilarious that the mods instantly stepped in despite it not even being about this forum.

I'm glad we can cheer you up in some small way pie.

68_pie
2nd Aug 2014, 07:11
I'm glad we can cheer you up in some small way pie.

It is rare.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Aug 2014, 12:52
You are correct.
My reply focused more on the conspiracy theories going on in here. :D

Golden Method
8th Aug 2014, 20:31
OK, I have a major update. I spoke with a lawyer at Edelson PC and had a very lengthy, interesting and supportive conversation with him about all of this. If you don't know of the firm you should because they are the firm behind the Battlefield 4 class action suit and the recent Kill Zone Shadow Fall lawsuit.

I can pass his name and contact info on to you and will give you exact instructions on what to do if you're willing to participate. I won't openly discuss our conversation, and received clear instructions on what to do and what not to do.

PC and 360 users, who do not have second screen and smartglass functionality, need to send me a PM ASAP. PS3 users, you'll probably have to wait, we'll see, but right now PC and 360 users who do NOT have second screen or smartglass functionality are the focus and they need to send me a PM ASAP.

68_pie
8th Aug 2014, 22:26
Lol

C_F_K_
20th Aug 2014, 23:29
PC and 360 users who do NOT have second screen or smartglass functionality are the focus and they need to send me a PM ASAP.

I don't seem to be able to send you a PM this quickly after registering to post on this forum (which I did only because I saw your post), so here I am instead. Maybe you can send me a PM and then I can reply?

Golden Method
22nd Aug 2014, 20:51
I don't seem to be able to send you a PM this quickly after registering to post on this forum (which I did only because I saw your post), so here I am instead. Maybe you can send me a PM and then I can reply?

This is the message I got when I tried to send you a PM:

C_F_K_ has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove C_F_K_ from the recipient list and send the message again.

SageSavage
22nd Aug 2014, 21:53
And a number of posts in this topic have been deleted as well, I think.

Spyhopping
23rd Aug 2014, 19:32
CFK, it's to do with you being a new user unfortunately, a protection against PM spamming. I just tested it and it seems that I can PM you, so I can pass some contact details between you both if you'd like.

CyberP
23rd Aug 2014, 20:30
Don't trust her, she's a corporate spy :D

Spyhopping
23rd Aug 2014, 21:54
http://global3.memecdn.com/Spy-Cat-Lvl-80_o_99194.jpg

Tropoebus
25th Aug 2014, 09:43
i've tried 4x following guides on x360 goty edition and still can't get Foxiest of the Hounds... any help?

CyberP
25th Aug 2014, 13:47
i've tried 4x following guides on x360 goty edition and still can't get Foxiest of the Hounds... any help?

Ha, the lengths people go to getting their meaningless trophies.

My guide is best guide.

All you need is cloak. Turn it on and sprint. Do this the whole game.

Elaboration:

Upgrade cloak to max.
Upgrade battery regeneration to max.
Upgrade movement speed to max.
Upgrade sprint duration to max.

Focus on cloak and battery regeneration first.
Activate cloak and sprint.
Find the occasional blind spot when needed and hide here whilst your cloak regenerates.
Buy all candy bars to use when sprinting to remain cloaked longer without having to hide and regen.
Don't kill anyone, scavenge, do sidequests etc. Just focus on running through levels, nothing else.
Oh and put the game on easy if you suck at the bosses. Each boss has everything you need to defeat them already in the arenas so you don't even need to focus on being stocked and upgraded for them. Alternatively grab typhoon. Also the rocket launchers lying about can come in handy.

It's really that simple. Little skill is needed, just a little bit of strategy and abuse of the game's design. Put simply Cloak + Battery Regen= permanent invisibility vs all enemies in the game, with the occasional hide & wait period.

Franubis
27th Aug 2014, 08:23

You can use New Game+ to do this, don't forget that!

And what people told you before this comment: explot the cloak + sprint + silenced sprinting combo. You can look up the codes for every door and computer or security terminal in almost any guide of the game, so you can disregard the hacking aug completely!

Don't kill anybody, and try to complete both the misión at the Morgue and at Taggart's Speech stealthily. I also played the game 3 times trying to get FoTH, and only unlocked it when I decided to complete those two without talking my way in... I don't know if you have to do it, but it won't harm trying.

KADC01
6th Sep 2014, 16:33
It says the audio glitch between level loads has been fixed. I don't know if it's the same bug, but as soon as you exit the Shanghai LIMB clinic the audio loops and you can no longer talk to anyone. Everything is fine inside the clinic if you re-enter it, but the bug reoccurs as soon as you exit the clinic again.

The problem persists when reloading any time after entering the LIMB clinic, including if you first exit the game and reboot the computer. When loading from any save prior to entering the LIMB clinic, the problem reoccurs as soon as you enter and exit the clinic again. The only way to avoid this bug appears to be to avoid entering the LIMB clinic.

Will there be a second patch that resolves this problem or do I need to get a refund? I certainly won't be buying another Eidos game in the future until I see that all serious bugs (this is certainly a serious bug) have first been patched.

Oppopji
16th Sep 2014, 20:43
Will there be a second patch that resolves this problem or do I need to get a refund? I certainly won't be buying another Eidos game in the future until I see that all serious bugs (this is certainly a serious bug) have first been patched.

At this point I doubt we'll be seeing another patch, considering that it's now been about 10 months since the first patch was released and we've heard basically nothing from SE about the second :/

SageSavage
17th Sep 2014, 05:54
At this point I doubt we'll be seeing another patch, considering that it's now been about 10 months since the first patch was released and we've heard basically nothing from SE about the second :/

Or about anything else. They are very good at stealth.

Shralla
17th Sep 2014, 10:42
Or about anything else. They are very good at stealth.

Except in their game design.

lowenz
23rd Oct 2014, 14:48
Up?!

Second patch still badly needed.....

dysamoria
29th Oct 2014, 07:51
Months later... no change. i'm unsurprised.

Where's that "Official" user community contact person from the developer, these days? Keeping silent about embarrassing game bugs we've been asking about, per orders from corporate?

SageSavage
29th Oct 2014, 08:15
Months later... no change. i'm unsurprised.

Where's that "Official" user community contact person from the developer, these days? Keeping silent about embarrassing game bugs we've been asking about, per orders from corporate?

Keeping silent about everything else too.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2014, 09:21
Agents, wake up! He was online yesterday...
He only engages on his own terms. :p

NUCLEAR3NAKE
9th Jan 2015, 08:38
so this thread is dead now?

...no more "answers from team" regarding a second patch??

cheers

Shralla
9th Jan 2015, 18:59
so this thread is dead now?

...no more "answers from team" regarding a second patch??

cheers

Yeah, at this point it's downright pathetic and hilarious how vehemently we were told that "a second patch is in the works, it's totally on its way!" only to have no actual answers or response about it at all, and now it's clearly been completely dismissed, and we're never getting it.

What a ******* joke. Why is this thread even here? To make fun of us? To point out the complete lack of support that HR has actually received?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jan 2015, 20:36
... we were told that "a second patch is in the works, it's totally on its way!"
Who said what exactly? I haven't really been following progress as I don't have the DC. :o

Why is this thread even here?
To share answers to questions so far received.

NUCLEAR3NAKE
20th Jan 2015, 16:31
@mods:

can't you contact the devs? it shouldn't be that hard to give us an answer if we can expect a second patch or not^^

...even if the answer is "no", it would be at least the truth ;)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jan 2015, 19:01
The mods have made enquiries afaik and no definite answer was forthcoming
Its been quite a while now so its seems unlikely that another patch will happen - my own opinion/thoughts on the matter, of course.

garlix
26th Jan 2015, 20:33
This is a shame!

I've encountered, like so many others, the "Cloaks and Daggers" bug. Have tried with all hacks and tricks to fix it but to no avail.. was truly hoping that it would be fixed in a patch, but I guess it's just as well to give up on this game :(

SageSavage
27th Jan 2015, 05:36
That ship has definitely sailed and the crew has cowardly abandoned ship without telling the passengers.

Barrier_Maiden
10th Mar 2015, 00:05
Really disappointed in how this was handled. The team just cut and ran. It's sure put a damper on my excitement for future installments.

hekoone
11th May 2015, 07:52
Up!
Please! Now that Mankind Divides has been announced fix the HR DC! PLEASE!

*Fix the post-processing (the option is not working, please bring back the yellow tint as a post-processing option)
*fix the new bosses flights (update the maps and fix the minigame layouts)
*Fix wrong CASIE Dialogue options (Carella/Tindall quest, beta and omega options are swapped)
*Fix misplaced light sources
*Fix misplaced textures and texture mipmaps
http://s28.postimg.org/nrp4n0igp/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nrp4n0igp/)
*Fix the overdone bloom! It's simply *terrible*
http://s30.postimg.org/575yd7vp9/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/575yd7vp9/)
http://s3.postimg.org/za4s7sh3n/image.jpg

xaduha3
11th May 2015, 18:17
Up!
Please! Now that Mankind Divides has been announced fix the HR DC! PLEASE!

Both are exercises in futility, but you should at least try to contact Community Manager, use Twitter. But it might be best just to accept it, it's not going to happen.

Shralla
12th May 2015, 00:36
Never mind the DC, there are still plenty of bugs in the original version. They've never given any real consideration to fixing the versions they've already put out. Always onto the next thing.

hekoone
28th May 2015, 22:37
Some texture bugs in China :D

http://s16.postimg.org/eh9dvy0c1/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/eh9dvy0c1/)

http://s16.postimg.org/dg956tjch/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/dg956tjch/)

http://s16.postimg.org/93aloealt/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/93aloealt/)

http://s16.postimg.org/mvp0k11dd/DXHRDC_2015_05_23_20_57_23.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/mvp0k11dd/)

hekoone
4th Jun 2015, 08:48
Skybox @the end of Montreal level (terrible banding):

http://s21.postimg.org/vex6stjj7/DXHRDC_2015_06_03_14_37_54.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/vex6stjj7/)

oppopji
7th Jun 2015, 20:40
Yeah, the DC is *plagued* with issues that will likely never be fixed... I gave up expecting a patch long ago & now intend to be much more cautious when considering any future games by SE. Still hoping the original DXHR+ML will find its way to GOG at some point though.

hekoone
17th Aug 2015, 16:27
BIG problems with D3D9 rendering path:

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/UREGO1Tx/file.html

Please devs, SAVE this DC edition. Mankin Divided doesn't need a BAD spot like DC of DXHR. It's deadly WRONG.....the only paragon is the original expansion of Gothic 3, Forsaken Gods.....a really forsaken game! It's SO wrong! You can't let this kind of BIG bugs stand still!

sunm4n
21st Jun 2016, 06:03
Any news on the patch?