PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut: List of all the changes.

Reckless Angel
29th Oct 2013, 19:45
I'm just making this to aggregate all the things we know, so all the answers is in one place, rather than having several threads where users keep asking the same questions over and over. also, I'll try to specify when something is specific for a version of the game (like how you can't currently install the game on 360).

most of it is a copy&paste from a post I made over on PS3trophies.org, so there's some bias towards that console (I wrote trophy instead of achievement, etc)

If you find something that has been changed from the original game, this is the thread to post it in.

now then...

- How does New Game+ work?
Short version: "you get to keep all your augments, but none of your items or money".

Long version: once you've finished the game once, a new option will appear in the main menu screen: "New Game+".
Clicking it will let you choose difficulty, so you can finish it on easy and do the new game+ on Gimme Deus Ex.
once you finish the tutorial (which will play out exactly like normal, no augments, one combat rifle) you'll get all the augments you had before, but your inventory and wallet will both be completely empty.

- How are the DLCs implemented?
the pre-order Tactical Enhancement Pack no longer gives you all the items the moment you start the first mission.
After you your very first take-down, you have two routes you can take: up on the roof or in through the front door. A body on the roof holds the silent sniperrifle for you (you can't miss it, follow any "Ghost"-trophy walkthrough on youtube). and you'll run across the double-barreled shotgun if you walk in through the front entrance.

The Explosive Mission Pack is implemented just as it was before. no change.

The Missing Link starts seamlessly when you've hidden yourself away in a cryo-tube.
As you leave the interrogation cell, you will eventually run across your armor and get a comm-message.. there is a big ammunition box to the right of your armor. this contains your weapons, but none of your ammo or other utility items. this container is *extremely* easy to miss.
Once you've finished the DLC Quinn has left a box with all your ammo and other items, as well as previous praxis kits in it, it will be next to a cryotube you use to continue your journey (relax, there is a mission-marker on the hud on top of it.)
The number of Praxis Kits you get back at the end is equal to the number of kits you had earned before starting the mission, you also get to keep all the kits you had earned during the mission itself.
This means you are *very* likely to be able to unlock every augment at this point.
(my latest newgame+ playthrough, the box gave me 96 kits.)

It is interesting to note that the Missing Link mission now acts as a mid-game respec... for those who regret the choices in augments that they did early in the game.

- How have the Boss-battles been changed?
You still have to kill them. so there is no True Pacifist option for you to take here.
I have also yet to find a True Sneak method to kill them... you either need to kill them with your weapons, or with your hacking abilities.

Barret ("The Bull"-trophy)
He is now in a room that is visually similar to before, but much larger.
there are ladders for you to climb to get out of sight, as well as a computer that will open up rooms that contain weapons, ammo and two turrets.
another computer in the other end of the area will allow you to turn on and off two cameras, and more importantly... turn the beforementioned turrets to attack Barret.

Yelena ("The Mantis")
Her room now has two sloping walkways on either side of it that lead to an area above the place you used to fight. here you can find a computer guarded by lasergrid-activated turrets.
the lasergrid can be turned off with a keypad... or you can smash the wall next to the keypad and flip a breaker.
the computer will allow you to turn the turrets on Yelena.

Jaron ("The Snake")
the most changed of the boss fights.
You can no longer use the take-down glitch on him when he jumps over a wall.
there are now two additional rooms to this area... one containing a computer which can turn off cameras and turn two robots on Jamir, the other room contains a laserrifle inside a cage (you can get to it either by a vent, or by hacking a keypad. )

Zhao Yun Ru ("The End")
I honestly don't know how this encounter has been changed...
I've only ever used the Laser Rifle to bypass her shield, and this still works.
First playthrough was on Gimme Deus Ex difficulty and it took three+ laser magazines to take her down.
second playthrough was on normal and it didn't even take one.

- How does the Factory Zero achievement work now?
exactly like before. once you start the missing link mission, you get stripped of all your gear... then you play it just like you did the original DLC. it doesn't interfere with any of the other playthrough trophies.
(I did Legend, Pacifist, Foxiest of Hounds, and Factory Zero, all in one run *pats self on back*)
I did pick up weapons, mines, greandes and praxis kits I found throughout the run, and still got the trophy.

- Which exploits / tricks still work?
- The Hacking glitch/exploit still works (the one that allows you to double rewards).
- The Icarus Box still works.
- You can still move a larger box by pushing a smaller box into it (ordinarily it would require the "move heavy objects"-augmentation).
- You can still use a fire extinguisher to destroy the poison dispenser for Factory Zero.
- Laser Rifle still bypass Zhao's shields.

- Which Glitches are no longer available?
- You can no longer do a takedown on Jaron when he jumps over a wall. *sadface*

- Are there any new glitches and/or tricks?
- You will continue to rack up XP (and thus Praxis Kits) even when you've already maxed out all of your augments. as of this typing, I have 75 Praxis kits available, with all augs maxxed. The Missing Link mission will remove the kits, but then give you the option of taking them back at the end of the mission.
- when walking up to certain key characters, the prompt to talk with them will be accompanied with a quick burst of comm-static. it will however sometimes take between 2 and 6 seconds for the prompt to appear. (Hive bartender, Tong, Quinn, and basically anyone else that has an audio commentary tied to them, as the prompt for that overrides the ability to interact with them.)
- On the Playstation 3 (and potentially X-box 360), if you have a chatpad you are able to enter computer-passwords while in the pause-menu, for those moments when a pathing enemy is likely to find you if you're not ultra-quick (activate computer, press Square(ps3)/X(360) to get the on-screen keyboard, then press start to pause the game, enter the password, press return (on the chatpad), un-pause the game with start-button, and now you're in).

- Has there been any other changes to basic mechanics?
If you play on "Tell me a story" or "Give Me a Challenge" you will now regen two batteries automatically, so you will always be able to cloak and go in for a takedown without eating a ProEnergy Bar. When playing on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty you will only get one battery regenerating.

- Are the XP-books still in the same places?
Yes, no change.
Also the red XP-books you come across the Missing Link mission are not required for the Doctorate-trophy/achievement.

- How is the Vita double screen implemented?
First off: It's optional. you do not require a Vita to play this game.
If you start the game with a normal controller then start the vita, you have to reassign the normal controller's slot (XMB / Settings / Accessory Settings / Reassign Controllers / 2)... and be sure to have the Vita's control scheme set to Type 3.

Your Vita will become your primary controller, the backside of it will be turned into four sections (crouch, sprint, aim, and throw secondary)
when playing the game proper, your vita's screen will be the radar.
when you open up the inventory you will see on your vita screen exactly what you're seeing on your tv, but you'll be able to use the touch-screen to select items or buttons.
When hacking you can tap no nodes to activate them, then chose the option you want by tapping it.
You are not required to use the touchscreen. you can still use the normal controls, even if you're using a Vita.

- Other SecondScreen implementations?
I do not have the Wii, PC or 360 version, so if someone could give their impressions of their second-screen options, it'd be great!

I think that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Feel free to add things you've found that's been changed.

EDITS:
1: Changed "positive glitches" to "exploits"
2. Changed "exploits" to "exploits / tricks". that should be descriptive enough. keep things constructive, please. also move two-regen-batteries to a new section.
3: specified how many praxis kits you get at the end of missing link.
4: added information about the two boxes that contain your weapons and items during the missing link mission.

Tverdyj
29th Oct 2013, 20:07
"edit post"-Delete post-select "delete this post", click "delete"

How will I be receiving my horse?

Franubis
29th Oct 2013, 20:08
On the Scond Screen option for the PC version, they are working with Intel to publish a control app so you can use your smartphone. Once you start the app on your phone, the game will automatically switch to dual screen mode.

Reckless Angel
29th Oct 2013, 20:28
"edit post"-Delete post-select "delete this post", click "delete"

How will I be receiving my horse?
Only works on replies, not new topics. *sadface*
Keeping my horse, but here's a Chihuahua that suffers from Night Terrors and Narcolepsy.

CyberP
29th Oct 2013, 20:43
- Which positive glitches still work?
- The Hacking glitch/exploit still works.
- You can still move a larger box by pushing a smaller box into it (ordinarily it would require the "move heavy objects"-augmentation).
- You can still use a fire extinguisher to destroy the poison dispenser for Factory Zero.

None of those are positive and should have been fixed.

Hmm, let's see, I like the integrated TML, that's about it. Why was a feature list not revealed officially anyway? This list, whilst it is probably very accurate, there is no guaranteeing that and it may be missing some things.
Also, can you not remap the controls? That was a feature of the WiiU version.

Anyway, thanks for writing up the changes.

Raider of Souls
29th Oct 2013, 21:31
- Which exploits still work?
- The Hacking glitch/exploit still works.

- Are there any new glitches?
- Once you start a New Game+, and finish the tutorial, *two* of your batteries will regen at all times. (finishing the game a second time does not give you a third regen-battery.)
- You will continue to rack up XP (and thus Praxis Kits) even when you've already maxed out all of your augments. as of this typing, I have 75 Praxis kits available, with all augs maxxed. The Missing Link mission will remove the kits, but then give you the option of taking them back at the end of the mission.

Was the laser rifle/Zhao exploit actually confirmed to be an exploit in the first place? Because the laser rifle shoots through walls, so why not her shield?

Really sucks they patched out the Namir-one-punch.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you characterize two batteries regenerating as a glitch. Am I misunderstanding what you wrote? Because part of the "energy rebalancing" of the Director's Cut was having two energy bars regenerate except on the hardest difficulty, regardless of first playthrough or NG+.

Also, you won't get an impression of the second-screen experience on the Xbox 360 because SmartGlass integration is completely broken and it won't work. Also, the 360 version will not let you install the game to the hard drive, making it detrimental to play from the disc drive on older models.

Reckless Angel
29th Oct 2013, 21:39
Was the laser rifle/Zhao exploit actually confirmed to be an exploit in the first place? Because the laser rifle shoots through walls, so why not her shield?

Really sucks they patched out the Namir-one-punch.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you characterize two batteries regenerating as a glitch. Am I misunderstanding what you wrote? Because part of the "energy rebalancing" of the Director's Cut was having two energy bars regenerate except on the hardest difficulty, regardless of first playthrough or NG+.

Also, you won't get an impression of the second-screen experience on the Xbox 360 because SmartGlass integration is completely broken and it won't work. Also, the 360 version will not let you install the game to the hard drive, making it detrimental to play from the disc drive on older models.

the poster above you complained when I called them "positive glitches".
Aaaah! I get it! when I did my first playthrough I did it on Gimme Deus Ex difficulty... then on newgame+ I did normal and all of a sudden I got two batteries regenerating so I assumed it was because of Newgame+, rather than difficulty.

I would like an impression of *how* the smartglass is broken... more concrete description than "stuff broken."

CyberP
29th Oct 2013, 21:49

Well, except the shooting through the shield. Nothing wrong with that I suppose and it's not even a glitch.

I put the two regen-batteries on the list, because A) it's a change from the original and B) on my first playthrough (i.e. non-newgame+), I never noticed the the second battery regenerating on its own. so I assumed it was added for new game+.

You played through on GMDX right? So the battery should have stayed at 1 bar recharge. So it's a new glitch or you didn't choose GMDX again when going NG+.

Raider of Souls
29th Oct 2013, 23:03
Aaaah! I get it! when I did my first playthrough I did it on Gimme Deus Ex difficulty... then on newgame+ I did normal and all of a sudden I got two batteries regenerating so I assumed it was because of Newgame+, rather than difficulty.

I would like an impression of *how* the smartglass is broken... more concrete description than "stuff broken."

You can call them positive glitches, exploits, tricks... whatever. I have no problem with the label of that section and that was not my complaint. My point was that the laser rifle being able to shoot through her shield is a legitimate method of defeating her.

bajininja
30th Oct 2013, 00:56
One question: when you have the option of taking back the praxis kits at the end of TML, does it give you back only the total kits you earned before starting TML, or include those kits plus the kits earned in TML? Or I guess to rephrase, does it let you keep the augmentations you upgraded in TML in addition to giving you the praxis kits you earned in the core game? I'm hoping it takes away the upgrades from TML and only gives you back your core game praxis kits, as you already can get way too many praxis points in the core game as it is IMO.

ILLUMINATION
30th Oct 2013, 06:27
Have a look at this screenshot from someone on PC:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/603079_1434614896766188_860339413_n.jpg

The same thing is happening to me on PlayStation 3. What the heck?

Also, sound effects on the Stun Gun, Tranq Rifle, and PEPS gun are EXTREMELY low quality. It sounds like they are about 90 kbps.

kevinpham
30th Oct 2013, 07:31
I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.

Yepi (http://www.yepi250.com)

Reckless Angel
30th Oct 2013, 07:49
One question: does it let you keep the augmentations you upgraded in TML in addition to giving you the praxis kits you earned in the core game? I'm hoping it takes away the upgrades from TML and only gives you back your core game praxis kits, as you already can get way too many praxis points in the core game as it is IMO.

all the augs you had unlocked before the missing link mission are turned into praxis kits, and you get to keep all the augs you've unlocked during the missing link.
during my first playthrough this is the point of the game I could unlock *everything*.

the latest run, I got back 96 kits. which is incredibly silly.

I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.

Wow... I've been told in the past that I have a way with words, but "distinguished way of writing" is a first. thank you!

bajininja
30th Oct 2013, 16:39
Kinda funny that they put new game+ in DC, yet they give you enough praxis at the end of TML to max out your character. Even non-completionists will be able to max out their character by then. Makes new game+ kind of irrelevant in DC.

Luckily I've figured up a self-imposed system that I use where you only get to use one out of every 3 praxis kits earned, and can't use any picked up praxis kits found in the game world. Now it feels more like the the first Deus Ex, where you had to specialize. Kind of feels like writing rules to a DnD game lol. It works though, and provides a very challenging and replayable HR: DC experience.

The really big selling point for me regarding this DC was the redone boss fights. So glad they did that.

deadlygun
31st Oct 2013, 13:07

I have never seen this glitch in the original version. Do you have video of it?

CyberP
31st Oct 2013, 18:54
4v1X5F0d58I

Reckless Angel
31st Oct 2013, 18:56
OR... I just delete my post, and you get all the credit for the video ;)

edit: added a potentially new glitch for the PS3 with the chatpad, enabling you to input passwords for computers while on the pausemenu.

CyberP
31st Oct 2013, 19:00
Meh.

bajininja
1st Nov 2013, 15:30
Just found this article on how the new XP system works in the game: http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_by_area_(DX3)

Apparently after completing TML, they cap the praxis total at 61, so if you accumulate over that value during TML, the extraneous praxis kits are dropped off. And, even with TML, you can earn a total of 70 praxis kits for the entire game. So, it appears they did actually balance the game well with the inclusion of the the addon content. Kudos Eidos. BTW, the improved boss fights are now actually fun.

PugPug
13th Nov 2013, 21:31
Is the Ghost/Smooth Operator bug fixed? The one where reloading a previous save does not clear the flag that says you were spotted.

Joltarin
15th Nov 2013, 02:51
Adam received 5000 credits when first going to the LIMB clinic in Detroit playing on GMAC difficulty. I think that's different, isn't it? It's instead of not being given any money automatically nor the 10000 for having the Tactical Enhancement Pack.

I was hoping they'd change it so that when you have the password to a security hub you'd be able to control turrets and bots regardless of having those hacking upgrades.

italodance
18th Feb 2014, 09:14
i just want Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut for my vita,not via remoter just full port or real game...

CodenameD
21st Feb 2014, 11:25
The really big selling point for me regarding this DC was the redone boss fights. So glad they did that.

All they did was add a turret or something to kill them off indirectly. I kinda hoped they would allow a way a skip the fight altogather by being clever around the map or a "killswitch" mechanic or something.

And I cringed when I read boss fights are still happening in a closed room, like an arena. That's such a huge disappointment for me considering how, in Deus Ex all boss fights (except Maggie Chow, if you consider her a boss) never happened in a confined room. You could potentially run away from all of them (except Navarre in only one particular scenario) if you wished to. Heck you didn't even encounter them in their usual spots if you made the right choices beforehand.

My favorite is how Walton Simons show up at Area 51 if you ran away from him in the oceanlabs instead of killing him right there.

qI2wsBz5Qbc

Tropoebus
25th Aug 2014, 09:40
...(I did Legend, Pacifist, Foxiest of Hounds, and Factory Zero, all in one run *pats self on back*)

I'm playing goty edition too on xbox, tried 4x and still can't get Foxiest of the Hound, can you help?

niniendowarrior
2nd Oct 2014, 22:20
Hi Reckless Angel,

Here's the Wii U stuff.

Press (-) to add Info Logs on the level. You can leave notes for other players in your Wii U friend list. These notes can be attached with a screenshot or a voice recording. The screenshot makes use of the GamePad gyro. You can also draw notes on the screenshots and post the pictures on the Miiverse community.

When you look at the map, you can use a stylus and write down notes on where you go.

Heed my Words is a Wii U-centric achievement.

When you pause the game, there's an icon that allows you to go to Off TV mode.

mario88
14th Oct 2014, 04:32
Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.
Visit more (http://www.friv2k.com) : Z6 games (http://www.z6online.net) | Friv 1 (http://www.friv1k.com) | Friv 2014 (http://www.friv2014game.org/)