PDA

View Full Version : When will we hear more about this sequel.

Magnab
29th Oct 2013, 02:30
I'm not sure if this really deserved its own thread, but I know a lot of people have been wondering the same thing, when will we hear more about the tomb raider sequel.:D

pirate1802
29th Oct 2013, 04:39
As Sir Sean Connery would say: Shoon!

daventry
29th Oct 2013, 06:01
Im more concerned about the GOTY or a DLC, but my guess would be in January at the least.

Marylinfill
29th Oct 2013, 08:32
Well, we've heard about last TR right before Christmas, I guess they will show us something at the end of the year. I also hope they're working on something more than just a disc cover right now =)

MissBrandy
29th Oct 2013, 12:44
On 25th December ...as Christmas gift :lol: (hope)

VaBanes
29th Oct 2013, 13:28
On 25th December ...as Christmas gift :lol: (hope)
I guess that could actually happen. :lol:

I really want to see a picture of Lara. I'm wondering what she will look like. Has she "re-bought" the same outfit and does she still have all her scars (would be actually pretty awesome!)?

MissBrandy
29th Oct 2013, 14:38
I guess that could actually happen. :lol:

I really want to see a picture of Lara. I'm wondering what she will look like. Has she "re-bought" the same outfit and does she still have all her scars (would be actually pretty awesome!)?

I'm wondering how she will look with the next gen games coming ...not only her scars, her face will look pretty amazing :eek::eek:

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS : (I pray for her looking like this in the next game...so clear and perfect) :o:o
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/221/7/a/lara_croft_2013_by_anubisdhl-d6hee36.jpg

(Picture by AnubisDHL I've found in DeviantArt)

VaBanes
29th Oct 2013, 14:44
(I pray for her looking like this in the next game...so clear and perfect)

I hope not! Way too clear and perfect! I don't want Lara to be a doll. ^^

Jurre
29th Oct 2013, 14:56
She looks a tiny bit like she was animated by Team Ninja, but it's still an impressive work...

MissBrandy
29th Oct 2013, 15:12

mmm ... I don't think she looks like a doll ... (that would be scared me .. take a look at Valeria Lukyanova- facebook.com/ValeriaLukyanova ... that's creepy :eek: ) :lol:

I think she looks more real, pretty good for how she can look in the next gen game ... (just saying)

The picture's made with Lara 2013 model (xnalara) as his author AnubisDHL said in the description. I don't understand so much about 3D design etc etc :( .. I think it's the same 2013Lara but better ''worked out'' :scratch::scratch: ...don't know ¿what do you think about?

Link : http://anubisdhl.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Closeup-393282524

VaBanes
29th Oct 2013, 15:15
I think she looks like a Final Fantasy character on that picture. :p
Way too clean and "perfect". I really like her looks in the game but I don't like her in this image. :D

pirate1802
29th Oct 2013, 15:30

Indeed lol.

Still great work by the artist. It almost looks like a screenshot from ingame cutscene. :O

Rai
30th Oct 2013, 01:37
I'm not sure if this really deserved its own thread, but I know a lot of people have been wondering the same thing, when will we hear more about the tomb raider sequel.:D

With a bit of luck sometime around Christmas, though this is wishful thinking. When did we learn of the sequel? Around August wasn't it, so 5-6 months since then seems like a good time frame to reveal something, even a small snippet.

Come on CD, we know you want to. :wave:

nevillet
30th Oct 2013, 02:25
http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/but-i-want-it.gif

and at the risk of sounding like a whiner.... WE WANT IT

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/maxkabakov/maxkabakov1206/maxkabakov120600065/13931473-timeline-concept-pixeled-word-now-on-digital-screen-3d-render.jpg

Murphdawg1
30th Oct 2013, 02:28
I'm guessing probably sometime next year.

Tecstar70
31st Oct 2013, 10:14
As much as I want it soon - I don't!!

Already games for the new consoles are not using the hardware to the full. I want CD to deliver a game that is the best it can be.

Take your time guys and gals!

Chocolate_shake
31st Oct 2013, 10:58
I hope they release something before the year ends .

even a snippet , or a concept art would do

MissBrandy
31st Oct 2013, 11:04
Yes...just something ... Need to see or read some fresh news soon ...:)

LaraxSam
31st Oct 2013, 13:26
mmm ... I don't think she looks like a doll ... (that would be scared me .. take a look at Valeria Lukyanova- facebook.com/ValeriaLukyanova ... that's creepy :eek: ) :lol:

I think she looks more real, pretty good for how she can look in the next gen game ... (just saying)

The picture's made with Lara 2013 model (xnalara) as his author AnubisDHL said in the description. I don't understand so much about 3D design etc etc :( .. I think it's the same 2013Lara but better ''worked out'' :scratch::scratch: ...don't know ¿what do you think about?

Link : http://anubisdhl.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Closeup-393282524

I also think that looks way too perfect and clean, since Lara is not a doll or a beauty queen in that sense. Of course she's stunningly beautiful, but in her own, adventure/action-hero-style. ^^
It would be very weird to have to play this unrealistic character in a game like TR, where she has to go through dirty tombs and killing.
If she would look like this only in a natural, realistic and human way, it would be perfect.

LaraxSam
31st Oct 2013, 13:34
I know this does not belong into this thread, but what is about the new TR movie? Is there any place to talk about it? ^^

VaBanes
31st Oct 2013, 13:43
I know this does not belong into this thread, but what is about the new TR movie? Is there any place to talk about it? ^^
I was wondering about this, too. But I think we should wait until there are some more infos since there aren't any... except for Graham King (awesome! my hope of something good!). :D

I must admit, I actually don't really care about the movie. The only Lara for me will be the one in the games.

XylophoneDealers
31st Oct 2013, 19:09
Maybe they should look at making Lara more realistic (in my opinion) inatead of more Final fantasy like. Keep her real.

Also, I want them to reveal something this year. PLEASE!

LaraxSam
2nd Nov 2013, 19:44
I was wondering about this, too. But I think we should wait until there are some more infos since there aren't any... except for Graham King (awesome! my hope of something good!). :D

I must admit, I actually don't really care about the movie. The only Lara for me will be the one in the games.

Well, actually I only care about the movie cause they said they will (maybe) adjust it with the game, so since I did not really like the old TR movies, this is a chance to get something new and fresh and to bring this awesome story from the game onto big screen in cinema and give those characters a little more character and story :D

kiadaw
3rd Nov 2013, 21:49
I'm wondering how she will look with the next gen games coming ...not only her scars, her face will look pretty amazing :eek::eek:

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS : (I pray for her looking like this in the next game...so clear and perfect) :o:o
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/221/7/a/lara_croft_2013_by_anubisdhl-d6hee36.jpg

(Picture by AnubisDHL I've found in DeviantArt)

This belongs to Final fantasy series.

BridgetFisher
5th Nov 2013, 07:57
I hope they dont scar her up and make her all ugly looking, why not give her an eyepatch too, just totally ditch the original icon, cuz icons cant be remade their magical, just hope that was learned with TR2013 so the same mistake isnt repeated. I just hope TR2013 isnt another origin story where she is missing her guns and there are no tombs.

VaBanes
5th Nov 2013, 13:02
Do you guy think it would be possible to hear something at the Video Game Awards 2013?

MissBrandy
5th Nov 2013, 13:17
Do you guy think it would be possible to hear something at the Video Game Awards 2013?

When it will be ? :o

Jurre
5th Nov 2013, 13:27
Video Game Awards doesn't sound like the right platform to announce games to me. More like to advertise games that already exist.

You know, like: 'and the winner of this years golden usb-stick award is: game X, because they paid us the biggest bribe!'

a_big_house
5th Nov 2013, 13:52
^ And if Crystal were to win something, as a reward they could release a snippet of the next game :D

Jurre
5th Nov 2013, 13:57
That would be fair. Speaking of awards, I wonder on what place TR9 will be on Angry Joe's best games of 2013 list...

a_big_house
5th Nov 2013, 14:15
#1, obviously :lol:

Jurre
5th Nov 2013, 14:20
That would be glorious. Come to think of it, I don't think he has given any other game this year a 9 out of 10. But of course there's gonna be some big november games before the year is over...

At least I know what game is gonna be on number one in his worst games of 2013 list: Ride to Hell Retribution!

Edit: I'm wrong: he's given out 3 other 9 out of 10's.

pirate1802
5th Nov 2013, 14:28
I like angyjoe's reviews. Sometimes he is overtly harsh on some games (Sleepind Dogs comes to mind) but generally his reviews are on par with my thinking. I think what I like most is that he reviews the games as an average joe, and not some ultra sophisticated critic. And when he sees a problem in a game he'll give examples of them (Rome 2.. lol)

He gave GTA V 9/10 btw, and said it would rise even more depending on how the online is, I didn't follow on it afterwards. TR would probably rank among the top two, or atleast top three. And yes, Ride to Hell is sure to get his all time worst game award. Just watching the review of that game made me cringe lol.

Jurre
5th Nov 2013, 14:36
Oh yes, Joe's my favourite reviewer. The reason for that is that he never appears to be prejudiced. Unlike TotalBiscuit for example, though he's a very good reviewer too, but he always dismisses linearity in games in favour of more freedom. -and don't get me started on Yathzee- Whereas Joe I think takes every game the way it is and judges it on it's own merits. I trust his reviews more than anyones...

DrCroft
5th Nov 2013, 14:57
^ I like Yatzee for the laughs, I never see him as a reviewer though! Just, an entertainment section!

I'm guessing we might hear something in the new year with all the bigger trailers and things April/May ish. Maybe, I don't know! But I can't wait to see what's next!

VaBanes
5th Nov 2013, 15:15
Video Game Awards doesn't sound like the right platform to announce games to me.

Bethesda announced Skyrim there, as far as I know. Maybe Fallout 4 this year? :D

pirate1802
7th Nov 2013, 13:13
^ I like Yatzee for the laughs, I never see him as a reviewer though! Just, an entertainment section!

I'm guessing we might hear something in the new year with all the bigger trailers and things April/May ish. Maybe, I don't know! But I can't wait to see what's next!

Yeah.. Yahtzee is a good entertainer. But some people do indeed see him as a serious reviewer, which is perplexing!

I hope they dont scar her up and make her all ugly looking, why not give her an eyepatch too, just totally ditch the original icon, cuz icons cant be remade their magical, just hope that was learned with TR2013 so the same mistake isnt repeated. I just hope TR2013 isnt another origin story where she is missing her guns and there are no tombs.

So.. something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/zNL77yY.png

Still smexy as hell if you ask me.

Marylinfill
7th Nov 2013, 19:24
pirate1802, terrific job! I really love this vision of Lara, why the hell not?!!

Murphdawg1
8th Nov 2013, 00:36
Oh yes, Joe's my favourite reviewer. The reason for that is that he never appears to be prejudiced. Unlike TotalBiscuit for example, though he's a very good reviewer too, but he always dismisses linearity in games in favour of more freedom. -and don't get me started on Yathzee- Whereas Joe I think takes every game the way it is and judges it on it's own merits. I trust his reviews more than anyones...

It will be nice to see some Playstation content on his channel when he gets a PS 4.

MissBrandy
15th Nov 2013, 10:31
Guys !! PS4 has today released official trailer for The Last of Us 2 ... and even for Uncharted 4 !!! :0 :0 ...
and I'm wondering why we have something new of TLOU if this game released later than TR and nothing about our Lara :0 :000

Please CD give us something soooon !!!

VaBanes
15th Nov 2013, 14:04
Guys !! PS4 has today released official trailer for The Last of Us 2 ... and even for Uncharted 4 !!! :0 :0 ...
and I'm wondering why we have something new of TLOU if this game released later than TR and nothing about our Lara :0 :000

Please CD give us something soooon !!!

LINK! (http://beagamecharacter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Link_Artwork_3_Twilight_Princess.png)

I found out about a new Uncharted game but couldn't find anything about The Last of Us 2. Where did you get that info?

EDIT: Oh, do you mean the DLC? "Left Behind"?

Metalrocks
15th Nov 2013, 14:17
LINK! (http://beagamecharacter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Link_Artwork_3_Twilight_Princess.png)

I found out about a new Uncharted game but couldn't find anything about The Last of Us 2. Where did you get that info?

EDIT: Oh, do you mean the DLC? "Left Behind"?

has to be the dlc. i havent heard anything about last 2 either. only the dlc.

@missbrandy
lol, TR9 is not even out for a year. how can they already tell what will be new the next title. they are probably still drawing the hubs and figurine out the story.

MissBrandy
15th Nov 2013, 15:12
LOL ..you're right ..it's a dlc... i saw it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6V0HNNHQK4

And I was like: ''OMG !!! are you kiddin ? new TLOU trailer just few monts later?? '' :lol: ...
I just read the news about and now I know it's dlc...

TR9 is not even out for a year. how can they already tell what will be new the next title. they are probably still drawing the hubs and figurine out the story.
:em: yep ..you're right ..It's just that the waiting hurts me every day :P ... I'll be happy with a sketch or something ... T.T T.T

@VaBanes: yep .. was the ''Left Behind'' what I mean .. (now I now it's just dlc)

Forgive me guys :(

VaBanes
15th Nov 2013, 15:17
lol, TR9 is not even out for a year. how can they already tell what will be new the next title. they are probably still drawing the hubs and figurine out the story. [/COLOR]
I think they were already working on it when the first one wasn't even released.
They probably already have the basic story idea and I think a first picture of what will come next isn't that unlikely.

I actually don't care about what they release, I just want them to release something. A teaser picture of the title or something like that would already be fine, imo, just for us to know they aren't sleeping. :D

Metalrocks
15th Nov 2013, 15:27
lol. im sure something is cooking at CD but they want to keep it a secret for now. even when they have a ruff idea about the story, im sure they dont want to mislead us by giving us false information and hope.
they might not be even in alpha stage.

MissBrandy
15th Nov 2013, 15:41
I actually don't care about what they release, I just want them to release something.

agree :D

they want to keep it a secret for now.

I understand that. But there's no need to release something about the story, characters,weapons or gameplay ..just a picture..only that :(

VaBanes
15th Nov 2013, 16:36
I understand that. But there's no need to release something about the story, characters,weapons or gameplay ..just a picture..only that :(
I mean they already announced that there will be a sequel so this isn't a secret, anyway. And if they would just release a picture like this (http://downloads.xdesktopwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Tomb-Raider-2012-Poster.jpg) it wouldn't be too revealing at all. ^^

dark7angel
15th Nov 2013, 16:39
I'm with MissBrandy and VaBanes. It could even just be a concept art or something... anything, really, just to wake the fandom and drive us into speculation mode! :D

_Ninja_
15th Nov 2013, 17:29
We will know quiet a bit (about the story at least) when the comic book is released.

pirate1802
15th Nov 2013, 17:36
Didn't they say somewhere that they were working on the sequel since January 2012? I guess they'd be well into development by now then. Yet I'm praying they have atleast two year gap between the games. But yeah, please give us something xD A few seconds teaser would send me absolutely crazy lol

VaBanes
15th Nov 2013, 19:16
I guess it is really likely to see some sort of teaser picture at the end of the year, somewhen in December and a new CGI trailer at the E3 2014. Just like it was before. ^^

VaBanes
9th Dec 2013, 19:16
Question: Is Crystal Dynamics also working around Christmas? Or is there some sort of holiday?

Why I am asking this? Because I'm wondering if we can expect to hear something about the sequel before 2014. The first part of the reboot got revealed at the 26th, btw.

larafan25
9th Dec 2013, 19:56
The comcis are supposed to be announced or revealed in February. The Definitive Edition comes out the end of January. So, waiting shouldn't be too hard.

Marylinfill
9th Dec 2013, 19:57
Same here. Is there any event before the New Year? I wonder if Crystals have something new. Remake of reboot is great, but...

larafan25
9th Dec 2013, 20:01
I think we'll probably see a teaser trailer at E3, in June.

VaBanes
9th Dec 2013, 20:05
You think they will let us wait (almost) one year (since the announcement) just for some information?

larafan25
9th Dec 2013, 20:10
Yes.

VaBanes
9th Dec 2013, 20:12
Yes.

Hmm... for the first reboot it wasn't even a month...

larafan25
9th Dec 2013, 20:33
We had like, an entire year gap of silence while waiting for the reboot. Not to mention the time between it and TRU. ._.

dark7angel
9th Dec 2013, 20:35
We had like, an entire year gap of silence while waiting for the reboot. Not to mention the time between it and TRU. ._.

Yeah, there was so much time without any news that we all started cursing everytime someone said SOON!!!

Jurre
9th Dec 2013, 22:19
I think we'll probably see a teaser trailer at E3, in June.

June? How will I survive that long without a dose of TR? I need my TR. Maybe I could buy some TR from a street dealer... :D

Seriously, I do expect it to be a little sooner than that. They said the game was in a further state of development than one would expect: and I don't think they're gonna wait untill three months or so before the release to show some pics and trailers...

I wanna see some pictures, then scream out my enthousiasm and analyse the pictures to death :D And I am dying of curiosity as to where in the world the new adventure takes place.

Metalrocks
10th Dec 2013, 04:13
i guess they will tell us when ever they feel like it. possible that they will show us or tell us something before or after xmas.

SamanthaScofield
17th Dec 2013, 22:13
Hmm... after that live Q&A session I doubt we will hear something about the sequel before the release of that TRDE (and certainly not before 2014).
Everything Scot (and also Meagan) said make me feel like the next-gen port has absolute priority right now and everyone is just focused on the DE.

28th January is soooo long! :rolleyes:

VaBanes
17th Dec 2013, 22:23
Hmm... after that live Q&A session I doubt we will hear something about the sequel before the release of that TRDE (and certainly not before 2014).
Everything Scot (and also Meagan) said make me feel like the next-gen port has absolute priority right now and everyone is just focused on the DE.

Yeah, I actually hoped they will show us something as some kind of Christmas present but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be very likely...^^

Rai
17th Dec 2013, 23:31

I actually think this is the case, now. Obviously there must be a team working away on the next game while a small team polish the DE version of TR'13, but marketing wise, CD will be all about the DE.

Here's hoping that it won't be too long after January they start to show off the new game; spring time maybe. After all, the first comic is out end of Feb, the 2nd one in March, so soon the story will switch from Yamatai and go forward.

BridgetFisher
18th Dec 2013, 05:03
You think they will let us wait (almost) one year (since the announcement) just for some information?

I think they would rather provide information than just ideas. I mean making a game is tough so many things happening and such. Maybe for news they could make a forum post about their ideas during development, id like that. Its not really news and wouldnt help people know what the game is about really but some buzz is better than no buzz which means noone cares, that cant be good for any business :P

Woogiemush
25th Jan 2014, 05:41
I am assuming they will announce it late 2014. Then release it in early or middle 2015.

NSW_pride
25th Jan 2014, 10:47
I doubt we will get anything till E3.

Woogiemush
25th Jan 2014, 18:30
I doubt we will get anything till E3.

I agree!

MissBrandy
25th Jan 2014, 19:04
waiting till E3 will be painfull :(

Jurre
29th Jan 2014, 12:08
That would be fair. Speaking of awards, I wonder on what place TR9 will be on Angry Joe's best games of 2013 list...

Number 4 it is then: around 19:05

1vNQPi9iOSw

I was totaly right about Ride to Hell by the way :D

CakeLuv
29th Jan 2014, 13:42
They should make an Uncharted-ish kinda trailder so they givw us hints about the story.

Mike87
4th Feb 2014, 23:21
I wouldn't mind waiting until E3 for any news but what I really want to see is a picture of the Lara they will use in the sequel. And I really hope it will be TR9 Lara instead of Definitive Edition, yet I doubt this will happen... :(

Anyway, looking forward to the comic that is getting released later this month.

JessyBrody
6th Feb 2014, 19:37
Is CrystalD (or SE) at PAX this year, maybe?

Jurre
6th Feb 2014, 20:11
That's in april right? I hope they will be.

missLWayne1
7th Feb 2014, 11:43
I want to see concept art or some other kind of picture before they release the next trailer at E3. Just like they did with TR9.

PAX would be a good opportunity I think. Or at least to give some new information about what Crystal is doing. ^^

Ellie92
7th Feb 2014, 11:45
PAX would be a good opportunity I think. Or at least to give some new information about what Crystal is doing. ^^

I thought the same with the VGX. :D

Jurre
7th Feb 2014, 11:58
I want to see concept art or some other kind of picture before they release the next trailer at E3. Just like they did with TR9.

That was put out to test the peoples reactions. Maybe that's what they're doing now with these photos of landscapes... Although I would think it's kinda late now to determine whether TR10 is taking place in China, a tropical Island or the desert...

Rai
7th Feb 2014, 12:26
That was put out to test the peoples reactions. Maybe that's what they're doing now with these photos of landscapes... Although I would think it's kinda late now to determine whether TR10 is taking place in China, a tropical Island or the desert...
I thought Meagan already stated that the landscapes are just random images she happens to like? The initial concepts were to test people's reactions, but didn't we see concepts of the game before anything else? Well in with a few actual screens. I think we had the A Survivor is Born slogan first didn't we. Something small that teases would be appreciated round about now or March/April.

Jurre
7th Feb 2014, 13:09
I thought Meagan already stated that the landscapes are just random images she happens to like?

Did she? I don't know...

missLWayne1
7th Feb 2014, 14:00
Did she? I don't know...

Yes, I remember something like that, too. Because these pictures remind of the different locations in the TR games. But nothing official regarding TR10 unfortunately. :D

Lucia_Ma
7th Feb 2014, 16:11
I feel like we won't hear anything until maybe May. This month there will be the comic (-> no need to release anything else), same with March and April, probably.

LaFabiana
7th Feb 2014, 16:19
And then maybe a teaser picture in May and then CGI Trailer in June at E3?
But only 3 comics? I hope there will be one every month until the release. :D

BridgetFisher
7th Feb 2014, 20:14
How come devs dont release more concept art to generate buzz for their upcoming games? Fans would def spam that stuff all over on blogs, forums, thats just what they do with their gaming obsessions. Is it because other companies might steal them? Ive never heard anyone say, then again I never asked before :P

_Ninja_
7th Feb 2014, 20:43
They don't release concept art because things may change still. Plus there is a calculated marketing cycle, release the marketing material too early or over too long a period of time and the buzz will die down because it will be either forgotten or people will get fatigued with it in the absence of the final game.

motoleo
20th Aug 2014, 09:01
I think we will hear more about it every couple months. I don't know the depths of it but if I had to guess I'd say they might be more hush hush on it than they've been in the past but of course we'll still get all the goodies. Magazine covers, the works.