PDA

View Full Version : New Adam Jensen Voice actor?

Smoke43
28th Oct 2013, 21:24
Hello friends after playing Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut this question came up my mind again. Should another voice actor had voiced Adam Jensen. I am no voice actor but i can hear great ones and horrible actors For me Elias Toufexis is cool and great guy but for me his voice was not for Adam Jensen's profile. The game was great the story was one of the best game stories that i have seen and the game it self also. But Adam Jensen sounded like a guy who wanted to act a total badass it did not sound like if Adam Jensen was real its sounded more like a jokester than a guy looking for answers. It sounded like Clint Eastwood voicing it you can see Clint getting mad buy not his expression rather then his voice . So here who think like me that Eidos Montreal sound had hired another actor for the role of Adam Jensen. If Eidos were to change the actor i can bet 100 percent it as to be in the Montreal or Toronto area that the voice actor is from or lives.

If anyone of Eidos actually read this please take in notice my appeal for another voice actor for AJ

Anyone agree with me on this

One last thing all the roles he had he sound all the same he should change the voice a bit that he will get more different roles

CyberP
28th Oct 2013, 21:29
No. Elias did the job for me.

Voice acting is the least of my concerns anyway. Sure, if the voice actor for the main character was terrible then it would be an issue, but this was not the case. Elias is AJ and I highly doubt that will ever change.

Now complain about something relevant.

Smoke43
28th Oct 2013, 21:35
Its just a opinion of a person/s here thanks for replying

USER47
28th Oct 2013, 22:07
Jensen wouldn't be Jensen without Elias. That voice is so distinctive you couldn't really replace the guy. They would have to create different character.

Shralla
28th Oct 2013, 22:12
I sure as hell hope not, especially after I read this article:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/28/deus-ex-actor-toufexis-claims-he-was-original-voice-of-far-cry-3/

"In fact, I shouldn't say this," Toufexis told the MCM Expo crowd over the weekend, "But there's a game called Far Cry 3 which I'm sure you guys know, where I had played Jason Brody. I played him for two years, did the voice and when Deus Ex came out they replaced me because they were nervous that ... 'We don't want people playing this game and thinking of another game.'"

Never mind that crappy voice actors like Steve Blum who literally only have ONE voice get work BECAUSE they're recognizable.

sonicsidewinder
28th Oct 2013, 22:21
Ellias was swell for the most part. Some flakey delivery at times, which i mainly see as due to poor writing & direction.

A bigger issue was Animations/Facial Animations that were poor and didn't actively back up the vocals.

They were good in social battles, but for everything else, the canned animations did my head in.

- Fold Arms animation made me wanna punch someone.

- Everytime a female character did that frickin spontaneous "Head-Shake" when they were making a point, made me wanna punch someone.

Smoke43
28th Oct 2013, 22:21
@Shralla

They replaced him becuase he uses the same voice over and over again he does not change it at all. In I Am Alive as Henry he sounds like Adam Jensen. In Splinter cell Blacklist as kobin he sounds as Adam Jensen. In Shawn white game he still sounds the same. Compared to Roger craig smith damn that guy is cool he sounds like Kenvin Conroy in the new Batman Game. And don't even think about Sonic or Eizo from Assassins Creed

JCpies
28th Oct 2013, 22:48
You can't radically change your voice.

Even the best of the best sound the recognisably the same when playing different roles. From the top of my head I think of Richard Epcar ans Shuichi Ikeda? Ikeda was David Sarif in the Japanese dub and his voice is very iconic.

(Sonic might have heard of him, he's also Ulrich Kessler in Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

CyberP
28th Oct 2013, 22:54
"In fact, I shouldn't say this," Toufexis told the MCM Expo crowd over the weekend, "But there's a game called Far Cry 3 which I'm sure you guys know, where I had played Jason Brody. I played him for two years, did the voice and when Deus Ex came out they replaced me because they were nervous that ... 'We don't want people playing this game and thinking of another game.'"

:/

HERESY
29th Oct 2013, 01:52
Hello friends after playing Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut this question came up my mind again. Should another voice actor had voiced Adam Jensen. I am no voice actor but i can hear great ones and horrible actors For me Elias Toufexis is cool and great guy but for me his voice was not for Adam Jensen's profile. The game was great the story was one of the best game stories that i have seen and the game it self also. But Adam Jensen sounded like a guy who wanted to act a total badass it did not sound like if Adam Jensen was real its sounded more like a jokester than a guy looking for answers. It sounded like Clint Eastwood voicing it you can see Clint getting mad buy not his expression rather then his voice . So here who think like me that Eidos Montreal sound had hired another actor for the role of Adam Jensen. If Eidos were to change the actor i can bet 100 percent it as to be in the Montreal or Toronto area that the voice actor is from or lives.

If anyone of Eidos actually read this please take in notice my appeal for another voice actor for AJ

Anyone agree with me on this

One last thing all the roles he had he sound all the same he should change the voice a bit that he will get more different roles
No.

Pinky_Powers
29th Oct 2013, 02:52
Its just a opinion of a person/s here thanks for replying

:scratch: You didn't think we knew you were a person forward-slash S?

Anyway. The opinion of this person forward-slash S is that Elias is Jensen. Can't have one without the other. :)

Shralla
29th Oct 2013, 03:41
@Shralla

They replaced him becuase he uses the same voice over and over again he does not change it at all. In I Am Alive as Henry he sounds like Adam Jensen. In Splinter cell Blacklist as kobin he sounds as Adam Jensen. In Shawn white game he still sounds the same. Compared to Roger craig smith damn that guy is cool he sounds like Kenvin Conroy in the new Batman Game. And don't even think about Sonic or Eizo from Assassins Creed

But like I said VAs like Steve Blum get more money and more work than anybody else BECAUSE of their one voice. Steve Blum characters always sound like Spike Spiegel. Always.

ObamaKRZY
3rd Nov 2013, 03:04
Listen to Elias in Assassins creed 2 or a Rainbow Six. He sounds very different.
I think that his "cool gruff guy" is just adam Jenson

AlexOfSpades
5th Nov 2013, 19:38
How about Stephen Russell? :rasp:

sonicsidewinder
5th Nov 2013, 20:28
lI3b5CRUbUE

Ashpolt
5th Nov 2013, 20:29
To be fair, if Adam is in the next DX game I assume they'll have to recast him, now that Elias Toufexis has been fired for calling someone a troll.

Pinky_Powers
5th Nov 2013, 20:33
I thought he was made king.

pirate1802
6th Nov 2013, 05:56
Nope. Neva. Can't think of Jensen as having a different voice tbh. That'd be like imagining Ezio with a different voice. His voice absolutely fit Jensen and the game's mood in my humble opinion.

vallux
6th Nov 2013, 10:01
Well if they do change the voice actor, they'd best do it now and not wait 10+ years and 6 games. I can understand Ubisoft's reasoning for Sam Fisher's voice actor, but I could never get used to him.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Nov 2013, 13:27
Now complain about something relevant.

To him, its relevant and his post doesn't violate the ToU. Your post does, however.
Stay nice 'n' play nice.

HERESY
6th Nov 2013, 19:59
To be fair, if Adam is in the next DX game I assume they'll have to recast him, now that Elias Toufexis has been fired for calling someone a troll.

Please tell me this is a joke and spinoff of him being replaced on FC3. If he was fired for doing something that was done in the spirit of jest and fun, and the person in question, who shall remain nameless (don't know why you edited your post) was NOT offended by his comments, then EM and SE have dropped the ball.

Ashpolt
6th Nov 2013, 20:07
Please tell me this is a joke.

Of course. It was a better joke until it got edited, too. :whistle:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Nov 2013, 23:44
Please tell me this is a joke and spinoff of him being replaced on FC3.
Its a joke and a spinoff. You laughing now? :D

besyuziki
6th Nov 2013, 23:49
You might as well kill Adam for good if Elias won't return.

It's been long time, but I remember getting disappointed when I noticed some voice actors of characters from DX1 were recast in Invisible War, and DX1 isn't exactly known for its top voice acting. Surely it will be much worse if they change such a distinctive voice like that of Elias.

Pinky_Powers
6th Nov 2013, 23:50
Stay nice 'n' play nice.

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/no-3.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Nov 2013, 00:20
Its better for the soul. :D

Pinky_Powers
7th Nov 2013, 00:35
Its better for the soul. :D

That might explain this grievous itching sensation my soul usually has.

motsm
7th Nov 2013, 05:53
I could never take his acting all that seriously, his "angry guy" delivery got very old, very quickly. For continuities sake I'd still vote to keep the same guy, but I'd like to hear a lot more varied emotions.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Nov 2013, 08:08
That might explain this grievous itching sensation my soul usually has.

Awww. :friends:

Pinky_Powers
7th Nov 2013, 15:36
Awww. :friends:

That does make me feel... warmer. :flowers:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Nov 2013, 10:26
Good to know. :)

Killah
9th Nov 2013, 00:03
Aw.

Pinky_Powers
9th Nov 2013, 05:29
Damn right, "aw." There's raw bloomin' magic happenin' here.

IDAFT
11th Nov 2013, 02:43
Elias was definitely the right call! And he's still versatile! Does Federico Auditore ring any bells?

pirate1802
11th Nov 2013, 03:07
That... was Elias? Brain = blown