PDA

View Full Version : Will Deus Ex Universe recover the original Deus ex Augmentation system?

Nacery
28th Oct 2013, 16:32
I didn't liked very much how all the XP system worked in Human Revolution. The original Deus Ex had the Nano cannisters wich had to be bought at smugglers or retrieved during missions and the character stats upgraded by the player's playstyle.

I always thought that this system could have been implemented in HR with LIMB clinics acting as the Omar in I.W. giving some actual use to the money and having more consecuences in our character builds (imagine having to choose between health regeneration or energy regenereration) with the praxis packs very limited as a sparse/expensive resource by allowing the player two chose a previously not chosen augmentation (for example having both regenerations) or enhancing an existing one (only once and disabling the option of choosing the alternative augment), the hack stat only upgrading with hacking and weapon expertise only enhanced by engaging in firefights being only overriden with the weapon mods (having impact in weapon size in the inventory).

Galatele
6th Nov 2013, 20:58
I really liked the system in Deus ex human revolution so i don't mind if they use it again.

Shralla
6th Nov 2013, 22:32
I'd very much like for them to go back to augmentations and skills being separate.

ishiki
9th Nov 2013, 03:03
I would,

I didn't mind HR's. But I'd like the skills, and augs to be separate. As well as a different way to get them like the black market mods from Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Darthassin
10th Nov 2013, 09:15
Bring back skills EM!!!!

CyberP
11th Nov 2013, 06:24
Bring back skills EM!!!!

Yes, please do. And the choice and consequence + requiring installation aug system too.

-Neon-
11th Nov 2013, 16:37
Do we have a date on Universe's setting? Because if it's far along enough, it might get us into the point where nano-augmentation is starting to emerge as the clear successor to mechanical augmentation. Which leaves us with the question of: will we be mechanically aug'd or nano-aug'd? A mix of both?
Though, If I remember correctly, nano-augmentations were really only perfected on JC/Paul/Simons/Page.
So we'd be looking at low-level, entry age nano-augs if this is the case.

Jerion
11th Nov 2013, 17:56
Do we have a date on Universe's setting? Because if it's far along enough, it might get us into the point where nano-augmentation is starting to emerge as the clear successor to mechanical augmentation. Which leaves us with the question of: will we be mechanically aug'd or nano-aug'd? A mix of both?
Though, If I remember correctly, nano-augmentations were really only perfected on JC/Paul/Simons/Page.
So we'd be looking at low-level, entry age nano-augs if this is the case.

Universe isn't one game, it's an umbrella name for a group of games and other media in the Deus Ex...universe. :)

Shralla
11th Nov 2013, 21:22
Do we have a date on Universe's setting?

Universe isn't a game, Jesus Christ.

Is this what 50th percentile reading comprehension is like?

-Neon-
12th Nov 2013, 07:23
Universe isn't a game, Jesus Christ.

Is this what 50th percentile reading comprehension is like?

I was running on 4 hours of sleep, no breakfast, and I've hardly paid attention/read into anything past "new Deus Ex" games.
No need to be so nasty.

Shralla
12th Nov 2013, 08:54
Sorry, it just seems like literally every other person I've come across on the web hasn't gotten the fact that Universe is an umbrella term and not a specific new game, from here to comments sections, starting immediately after they announced it.

Spyhopping
12th Nov 2013, 11:25
Sorry, it just seems like literally every other person I've come across on the web hasn't gotten the fact that Universe is an umbrella term and not a specific new game, from here to comments sections, starting immediately after they announced it.

Perhaps there was a bit of ambiguity with the way they announced it then.