PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex HR Directors Cut - The Bug Time Machine

Salah-ad Din
26th Oct 2013, 22:23
It is Dezember 2011 again. :) I'm playing the excellent Deus Ex Human Revolution, enjoying the game. I have a mediocre pc and thus are tolerating the bugs of the game, with it's very prominent stutter. It may even be my hardware, really. And a few months later they will have fixed it.

But actually it is almost November 2013. I have a good computer, double the memory with double the speed compared to 2011, my graphic card is at least 3x as fast and the game is played from a solid state drive.

I am encountering the VERY SAME stuttering from 2011. Flashback! Wow.

And yes, I already did the registry fix. It does not work. When I look or walk around, I always have the slight but noticeable stutter / lag. Feels like background loading. It's so, so disappointing. Will I have to wait another few months for a patch? I hope not. :(

EIDOS, everything you worked for with the franchise, you've just ruined it.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 22:36
EIDOS, everything you worked for with the franchise, you've just ruined it.

:scratch:

Stuttering man. It can and will be fixed. It's not like they turned Deus Ex into a mobile ga....oh, that's right, they did.
Why didn't they just abuse DLC for DX:HR instead? I guess mobile game was just safer and estimated to be a more profitable investment.

---

Here, have a Chocobo for your troubles, OP:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070810093205/finalfantasy/images/9/95/FFTChocobo.jpg

Salah-ad Din
26th Oct 2013, 22:46
They fixed that stuttering in 2012. It was the third or maybe fourth patch. There are some speculations that the DC is based on v1.0 of the original game, which would be quite an epic fail imho.

CrisSpiegel
27th Oct 2013, 00:05
It's the last time I buy a game right at the get-go, seeing how games are launched unfinished nowadays. It is like buying a bike, unboxing it, and noticing a sheet of paper that reads: "Dear buyer, the multi-speed gear system is not ready. Once it is ready, we will ship it to you. Nevertheless, you still can ride the bike if you don't mind some shaking, because the bolts and nuts don't match very well but we are looking into that. PS: the breaks don't work." In fact, it's not like that, but like buying the bike and discovering all of that while riding it. At least it was a cheap bike. Not like I'm not gonna eat tomorrow because of the money.

TL;DR: Cheap game or expensive game, it doesn't matter - be honest and start selling it only after it's completed! We trusted in you.

Cyberhuman
27th Oct 2013, 03:08
It's the last time I buy a game right at the get-go, seeing how games are launched unfinished nowadays. It is like buying a bike, unboxing it, and noticing a sheet of paper that reads: "Dear buyer, the multi-speed gear system is not ready. Once it is ready, we will ship it to you. Nevertheless, you still can ride the bike if you don't mind some shaking, because the bolts and nuts don't match very well but we are looking into that. PS: the breaks don't work." In fact, it's not like that, but like buying the bike and discovering all of that while riding it. At least it was a cheap bike. Not like I'm not gonna eat tomorrow because of the money.

TL;DR: Cheap game or expensive game, it doesn't matter - be honest and start selling it only after it's completed! We trusted in you.

This is very true! I have come to expect this now; if you want the privilege of having a relatively smooth gaming experience you should buy a game no less than six months after it's original release date.

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 03:11
Higher quality games= higher price tag. We need a new system to prevent all the BS of recent times. Dumbing down, unfinished products, cut to re-sell etc.

Who dictates the prices? Only I am a suitable candidate.

Cyberhuman
27th Oct 2013, 03:29
If the gaming industry want their work to be recognized as art, then they have to stop trying to please everyone. By doing this they will disappoint and discourage the only people who truly care about the work they do; most people, the masses, will play their game once and forget it ever existed.

To bad. What if Picasso had decided to appeal to a larger audience? No one would know his name today. But I guess the extra credits are more important than anything else.

Something has to change. I support EM and I wish them good luck with the DX Universe project, but I will remain a sceptic.

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 03:35
If the gaming industry want their work to be recognized as art, then they have to stop trying to please everyone. By doing this they will disappoint and discourage the only people who truly care about the work they do; most people, the masses, will play their game once and forget it ever existed.

To bad. What if Picasso had decided to appeal to a larger audience? No one would know his name today. But I guess the extra credits are more important than anything else.

Something has to change. I support EM and I wish them good luck with the DX Universe project, but I will remain a sceptic.

This x10. My stance exactly.

Games have always been art. Anyone who says otherwise is entirely ignorant of what games are and how they are made. They are advanced art.

HERESY
27th Oct 2013, 03:45
Cheap game or expensive game, it doesn't matter - be honest and start selling it only after it's completed! We trusted in you.

This.

Higher quality games= higher price tag.

Not true.

Cyberhuman
27th Oct 2013, 03:56
This x10. My stance exactly.

Games have always been art. Anyone who says otherwise is entirely ignorant of what games are and how they are made. They are advanced art.

Truth.

Consciousness raising is key. There is so much ignorance and misconceptions in society surrounding video games and the gaming industry in general. People need to learn more about what video games really represent.

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 03:56
Not true.

Sorry, my poor wording again. I meant that this is how it should be to solve issues. Atm, casual and indie are priced somewhat accordingly, imo, but in the "AAA" market there are huge differences of quality and therefore should be differing prices. Only I can dictate said prices fairly after review. Price range $40-$100. $100 price tag comes with my guarantee ;) Games sent to me in an unfinished state get sent back.

Lol.

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 04:03
Consciousness raising is key. There is so much ignorance and misconceptions in society surrounding video games and the gaming industry in general. People need to learn more about what video games really represent.

I don't really care. Well, that's not entirely true, but I'm not too bothered if some people are ignorant of games. People close to me, or people within the industry, that influence the industry, I'd like them to share my viewpoint. It'd be nice if some others could too but I won't waste time over it.

singularity
27th Oct 2013, 10:22
They fixed that stuttering in 2012. It was the third or maybe fourth patch. There are some speculations that the DC is based on v1.0 of the original game, which would be quite an epic fail imho.

Simple ways to tell the game is not running on v1.0:

1) screw with the x and y axis of the mouse sensitivity and then hit the button to return them to defaults. They return to the same places. On the original release, the X default setting was higher than the Y default setting. They fixed this with the first patch, released shortly after release.

2) after the first time loading up the game, quit and reload. At the opening where the company logos flash, hit the enter key and you can skip them. This feature wasn't added until several patches after release.

3) The game can be played in windowed mode - an update that came months after the game launched.

4) the number pad and enter keys can be re-bound in the controls settings. This wasn't added until the final patch released, if I'm not mistaken.

Salah-ad Din
27th Oct 2013, 10:59
Simple ways to tell the game is not running on v1.0:

1) screw with the x and y axis of the mouse sensitivity and then hit the button to return them to defaults. They return to the same places. On the original release, the X default setting was higher than the Y default setting. They fixed this with the first patch, released shortly after release.

2) after the first time loading up the game, quit and reload. At the opening where the company logos flash, hit the enter key and you can skip them. This feature wasn't added until several patches after release.

3) The game can be played in windowed mode - an update that came months after the game launched.

4) the number pad and enter keys can be re-bound in the controls settings. This wasn't added until the final patch released, if I'm not mistaken.

So, then this bug simply re-appeared. Odd.