PDA

View Full Version : Everything Deus Ex on Youtube

TheAugmentedBox
26th Oct 2013, 22:06
Hey all,
James here again to spread the word about my Youtube channel covering everything Deus Ex. I am now uploading my Walkthrough on Human Revolution Director's Cut. I will be making videos soon on the forums so everyone is involved. This forums are very active so I want to kind of be the voice of this community. It's full of many amazing people and ideas. I will not let anyone down. If anyone has any suggestions by all means, leave a comment and you will get credit.

Thanks to all the support, we start somewhere right?

Take care everyone.

Here's the channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/RisingPotential

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 22:17
You have already let me down by claiming you were dedicated to "everything Deus Ex", yet I see no Deus Ex 1, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Project: Snowblind (lol) ...Project: S is not actually Deus Ex, was going to be a cash grab using the name but there was a title change and affiliations removed. Hopefully out of respect, but 99.9% likely just business related, I don't know the story. Game was pretty crap though.

Also, spam.

To successfully spam, bump the other thread with updates from time to time, not carelessly repost. Do what you want, just a protip.

TheAugmentedBox
26th Oct 2013, 22:48
I'm not in it for the money and I just started so I don't have 500+ right off the bat.

HERESY
26th Oct 2013, 22:51
Post up some gameplay vids.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 23:03
I'm not in it for the money and I just started so I don't have 500+ right off the bat.

Another protip: If you ARE in it for the money, then Deus Ex isn't the series to leech off of. The legions of Youtube subscription zombies want content suitable for them. You know, lolcatz, nonsensical music and humans taking part in primate-like antics.

Also, you probably could never replace mine and other's voices, but feel free to have your say.

I'll watch a Deus Ex: Human Revolution video of yours later, as I am reasonable and believe everyone deserves a chance or two, when possible.

TheAugmentedBox
26th Oct 2013, 23:18
I do like your idea of only updating this forum thread. Good idea, thanks. And I'll post part 1 of my playthrough when it's up. I'm also 20, so I'm not like a 12 year old kid trying to be the next big youtube star. This is just a hobby of mine. While I'll probably aim only towards Human Revolution and forward Deus Ex stuff, when I get a chance I'll try and play the first two games.

Human Revolution thanks to the directors cut & future titles are more interesting to me and probably a lot of other people as well. As usual, I'll keep everyone updated.

TheAugmentedBox
26th Oct 2013, 23:30
Part 1 of my Human Revolution Directors Cut is now up on the channel!

5JEOcXUdQ2U

Please feel free to drop a like and comment. I enjoy your feedback.

TheAugmentedBox
26th Oct 2013, 23:42
Also, does anyone know how to actually post an actual video rather than just a link?

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 01:27
Also, does anyone know how to actually post an actual video rather than just a link?

First, to embed a video:

-Click on edit of your post that already contains the link.
-click "go advanced"
-Highlight the link.
-Click on the Youtube BBcode wrap button in the toolbar just above the box where you type.
-Submit.

Now, I watched the video:

You as a gamer: I didn't agree with a lot you said. I've played many First Person RPG's of this type, and a lot of games in general, obsessively so, so that's only natural.
Also, turn off that aim assist noob! :p

You as a commentator/style: Good job! I may not like half of what you were saying but the way you were saying it (i.e: not acting like PewDiePie or Youtube monkey x) earns you respect. Keeping Silent for the Dev commentary worked out great for me, as I have not bought the DC and most likely will not buy it (I am considering getting it for the commentary only, but then again I have you for that ;)).

So I'll guess I'll look forward to your next video.

Now, I have and still do disagree with a lot of what the developers did, to the point where it saddens me a little because as I said, I've played a lot of games of this type and many games in general so I have high expectations, especially if Deus Ex is on the box, and am disappointed with how the industry is in general atm. But I am tired of expressing my displeasure with some (many) decisions made, especially because the game is really damn good in it's own right, a highly flawed masterpiece as I say. 8.8/10 as a game, 7.6 or so as a Looking Glass-inspired game.

As disappointed as I am, it's passion-driven art and I got more than my money's worth, that's for sure. I've had my say and I stand by what I've said, however.

De'marle: I remember reading that Mary De'marle believes gameplay should take priority over story in games, I really respect that. A whole lot. The great thing about Looking Glass Games is how the story works with the gameplay, further strengthened by the simulation design. Even the sub-par Bioshock did this in a half-assed way.
The best of games get both spot-on, but if it comes down to it, Gameplay first.

For Deus Ex 4 here's hoping the gameplay is more intelligent, such as not displaying door codes automatically and therefore resulting in your (De'marle) writing working with the gameplay! By this I mean reading through e-books for passcodes and even adding textual puzzles in there. Displaying the door codes automatically gave me no incentive to actually use my head as I had to in Deus Ex, System Shock, Arx fatalis or any of the classics.
Remember that this can be optional too (auto-display of passcodes set to true/false or forced false on GMDX mode).

JJB: Wow, you originally had masses of flying aircraft out the window at first?
Glad you scaled that right down. Can't say I agree with your style, but I also cannot deny the quality and I respect the love you put in. Hope things are a little different next time, but I know I can expect a visual treat regardless.

JFD: Your accent is my favourite. Even if Deus Ex 4 disappoints again, if it's like Human Revolution it will still be a great game worthy of keeping. Now GMDX.

And now I become a new poster. For real.

HERESY
27th Oct 2013, 03:22
Please turn the dev commentary off. Thanks.

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 04:52
Whoops, I forgot a step in embed youtube instructions:

-Now remove all of the URL except the last few identifiers, the letters

Like so: [url]htp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlkhkLrOfs
WJlkhkLrOfs <---this. Put in between the youtube tags.
WJlkhkLrOfs

And now we have Deus Ex 1/GMDX video! VoilĂ*!

TheAugmentedBox
27th Oct 2013, 05:20
Since I'm doing the pacifist achievement/walkthrough, there's no need for weapons aim on or off as I won' be using any unless it's like the stun gun.

I will keep the dev commentary on throughout my first playthrough because that's one the the big features the directors cut offers. On my 2nd playthrough, I will turn them off.

CyberP
27th Oct 2013, 05:49
Since I'm doing the pacifist achievement/walkthrough, there's no need for weapons aim on or off as I won' be using any unless it's like the stun gun.

You can still use tranq rifle and P.E.P.S too, but ghosting is the easiest way, especially with regenerating cloak & 3rd person abuse.

HERESY
27th Oct 2013, 22:51

I will keep the dev commentary on throughout my first playthrough because that's one the the big features the directors cut offers. On my 2nd playthrough, I will turn them off.

I won't be watching, thanks.

Berr
28th Oct 2013, 00:12
@Heresy whats your beef with the developer commentary? I thought it would be something you would like.

@TheAugmentedBox Thanks for making the vids and sharing them here, I'll check out pt1 later today :)

TheAugmentedBox
28th Oct 2013, 03:29
The making of Human Revolution from the Director's Cut is now up!

fUYV7oipyq4

Pinky_Powers
28th Oct 2013, 04:24
I want to kind of be the voice of this community.

You registered this very month. You have eleven posts.

You cannot even be considered an active member of this community, yet you intend to be its voice?

I'm finding absolutely nothing to respect here.

CyberP
28th Oct 2013, 05:52
The making of Human Revolution!

****, seeing the passion first-hand is hard to swallow after all my criticisms. Again, they still stand as solid criticisms, but I hope they can take it well and live with it, as JFD said they would. I also hope the criticisms from myself and others haven't damaged morale, but instead have pushed them to attempt to make an even greater game than DX:HR already is.

Ultimately the criticism is the result of wanting to appeal to casual gamers. I've said it before in plenty of my classic posts; it can be done without being a detriment to true spirit and intelligent design: Booleans in the options and difficulty modes. Give me Deus Ex mode should have given me Deus Ex, it was a little deceptive (I named my mod this same name in response to the irony btw. Positive feedback has satisfied me that I succeed in doing as the title says ;)). Disabling the automatic display of passcodes should have been just one feature exclusive to this mode.
Even if you were NOT to play it safe like this, you still do not have to have that mentality, that you must sacrifice art for the sake of less attentive gamers. Just look at Dark Souls or Fallout: New Vegas. They both were more successful than DX:HR and no holds were barred.

I also feel obliged to buy the Director's cut now too, but I'm not that soft or foolish. It's a mess and a wasted opportunity, but hearing the devs speak and seeing their excitement is....nice.

De'marle: Your role, "narrative game designer" was it? This is almost just like going back to old practices, where teams were tightly knit and shared a vision (not without disagreements along the way, of course), not that this was always the case, mind you, but I'm sure you know all this already, and it's good that you were assigned this new title as tightly-knit teamwork is how it's done.

Guy/s who had it in their head that art had to suffer to appeal to the casual gamer: It doesn't have to be this way. If the game is truly something, in this day and age, the digital age, the age of information, word will spread fast.

Edit: It has just occurred to me that I have taken up the role of being the voice of the community here, temporarily. Any disagreements with this post? No? Good.

TheAugmentedBox
29th Oct 2013, 03:02
Chill out bro. If you don't want any part of me then leave. No need to be throwing fingers.

TheAugmentedBox
29th Oct 2013, 03:03
This is rather interesting.

Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen) was originally going to be in FarCry 3

ErT33mXeLaI

CyberP
29th Oct 2013, 03:11
Chill out bro. If you don't want any part of me then leave. No need to be throwing fingers.

What? That last sentence? That was directed at the other members here, not you :)

HERESY
29th Oct 2013, 03:51
@Heresy whats your beef with the developer commentary? I thought it would be something you would like.

I just want to watch the guy play the game. From what I understand the dev commentary is very intrusive at points and can mess up cut scenes. Also, in one of his vids, I think he originally said he was going to play it without the commentary on his first run and then a spoiler run on the next.

TheAugmentedBox
30th Oct 2013, 03:07
My first playthrough will be with Dev commentary and getting certain achievements. The 2nd playthrough will be on the hardest setting with no Dev commentarty and I try to kill everything in the game. The 1st playthrough will be stealth based, the 2nd will not be stealth.

TheAugmentedBox
1st Nov 2013, 18:17
Part 2 of the Walkthrough is now up.

Voakf7NZHIQ

TheAugmentedBox
2nd Nov 2013, 18:22
Part 3 of the walkthrough is now up!

eDeb9nGNP_8