PDA

View Full Version : Human Revolution:DC Missing Link question.

nuclear4snake
26th Oct 2013, 17:09
First of all HEY THERE GUYS AND GALS!!! It's my first post on this forum so it's proper to introduce myself first. :) Also thanks to the devs for a really wonderful game, TAH BEST Deus Ex to date. Hope you read the previous sentence and feal really darn warm and fuzzy, even if for a split-second. :)
No about my questions. I played Mising Link so I know how much experience/praxis points/stuff can be found in the addon. I know that in both DLC and DC Missing Link versions all equipment and praxis points are stripped from Jensen at dlc's beginning and the advertisement for Director's Cut says you get them back after completing the DLC. BUT can anyone confirm that in DC you get to keep everything you find in Missing Link part??? Or is the bonus stuff stripped after returning to the main story arc? I can't find such info anywhere.
My second question relates to DC's AI/engine improvements. There's a small buzz around them and I really don't remember the AI/engine in Mising Link being any more sophisticated than in the main game. Apart from a strange camera bug which happened to me in almost all conversations in ML AI/lightning effects were the same. Anyone has some info about these so called improvements? Thanks. :)

PS. Still one hell of a shame that DC does not include those cool couple of scenes from the game's trailer. Don't tell me please that adding 2 mins of sexy movies is harder than adding hours of dev commentary and dual screen options which both are top-of-my-whish-list stuff.

Grimoire_efImp
28th Oct 2013, 02:48
Yes, at the end you have a choice of getting all you're gear back (its in a box) as well as keeping any items you picked up during The Missing Link.

When you get you're first weapons you will be given any DLC based weapons and any of the "Normal" weapons you would have gotten will be replaced with the upgraded version if you had it in your inventory.

Reckless Angel
28th Oct 2013, 03:13
I've been trying to find a definite answer to this as well.

see, I've run through the Missing Link mission twice now, one normal(Gimme Deus Ex) and one New Game+ (normal Difficulty)... and both times that ammunition crate just gives me a ton of ammo, and no weapons at all.
none of my old weapons, and no new weapons.

is there perhaps some hidden trigger that allows Quinn to find and bring you your gear?

Grimoire_efImp
28th Oct 2013, 03:36
If you're enventory was full, the items drop on the ground at you're feet.

Reckless Angel
28th Oct 2013, 03:47
If you're enventory was full, the items drop on the ground at you're feet.

I've tried opening the box with empty inventory, with full inventory, with half-full inventory ... doesn't make a difference in what I recieve from the box.

Grimoire_efImp
28th Oct 2013, 03:51
Are you sure its the right box? Its on a crate to the left of the Stasis Pod.

Reckless Angel
28th Oct 2013, 09:06
Are you sure its the right box? Its on a crate to the left of the Stasis Pod.

Very sure.

The mission-log says "Get my equipment and get into the stasis pod" and gives me a big mission-marker over the box in question.
Or are you saying there are more than one box within 2 meters of the stasis pod?

bajininja
28th Oct 2013, 10:42
On a related note, do we get the praxis points and augmentations back that we earned playing through TML once completed, or does it just set us back to our praxis point and augmentation count prior to playing TML?

Reckless Angel
28th Oct 2013, 11:06
I recieved 60+ praxis kits at the end of Missing Link... from the box.

the missing now acts like a sort of mandatory respec.
let's say early in your first game, when you don't really know your right from your left in terms of what augs are good and you chose something that sounded awesome but really wasn't... well, now you get to correct it.
this feature becomes meaningless once you have enough praxis kits to get everything though.

speaking of which... once I have maxed out my augs... why am I still getting XP/Praxis kits?
a simple: If Activated_Augmentations + Number_of_Praxis_Kits > X then stop_giving_XP (X being the max number of augs you can activate) type check would be nice.
(it would work with missing link as well, since all of a sudden you have less than X and can start getting XP again. (and the number_of_praxis_kits is because there are some augs I don't ever want to activate.)

Grimoire_efImp
28th Oct 2013, 11:36
Very sure.

The mission-log says "Get my equipment and get into the stasis pod" and gives me a big mission-marker over the box in question.
Or are you saying there are more than one box within 2 meters of the stasis pod?

Hmm, I'm not sure than. This is the first I've heard of this issue. It just shoved as much stuff into my enventory as possible and I had to re-arange it all and pick the rest up off the ground.

bajininja
28th Oct 2013, 12:48
So the praxis kits you find in the box at the end of TML, are those the sum total of praxis you have earned throughout the entire game so far? Also, do you have the option to choose to keep your old build instead of rebuild? The reason I'm asking is because I'm playing HR: DC using a written up praxis limit system so it feels more like the original DX where you had to specialize. Having to respec would mean I'd have to count out the math values for what I was actually able to use from the total of praxis earned.

Grimoire_efImp
28th Oct 2013, 15:09
You're points are removed at the start, at the end you are given back all of them. You can than respec if you want, or continue playing the game with no upgrades if you wanted..

Shadowofzara
31st Oct 2013, 16:18
For further clarification, at the start, where you recover your gear and get whatever weapons you would get based on your conversations choices, and of course they 8 praxis kits it gives you, inside that very same room, just to the right, there is a box that contains all weapons you had when you went into TML. These weapons have no ammo in them, however they retain all upgrades you had on them. Obviously for people who liked having a lot, or really large weapons may have the issue of either not being able to keep them all, or having to spend 1-3 of their praxis points upgrading their inventory.

Now at the end after talking to Quinn aka the Hacker, there is another case that holds all of your ammo, food, medicine, and grenades.