PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex human revolution director's cut boss fight(s)

Aceofrogues
26th Oct 2013, 14:47
Hey guys

Now i haven't gotten far into the (new) game, only to the Barrett boss fight. And i can't for the life of me figure out how to buy pass, him for my stealth/no kills run. Am i blind and missing something obvious?

Please, tell me there is a way. Please say they haven't made the same mistake twice. It would brake a special corner of my heart, meant for video game related stuff :worship:

USER47
26th Oct 2013, 14:52
You still have to kill him and all the cutscenes are the same. You just have more options how to do that.

Aceofrogues
26th Oct 2013, 14:55
Well, my hope is now crushed. Well thanks, better to have it quick and clean i guess. Maybe i'll play it sometime in the future when my soul has healed..

GeekMom
5th Nov 2013, 01:14
SPOILERS!!!

Go up top and find the security console. Hack and open the doors. Go find the other security room and hack the terminal. Turn on the turrets - go to the room just down the hall form there and put out the turrets. Lure Barrett into the fire - technically YOU didn't kill him.

Pinky_Powers
5th Nov 2013, 02:56
technically YOU didn't kill him.

Oh yes. And if you pull the trigger on a firearm, you're not directly responsible for the outcome of that, either. The gun did it. And if you swing a sword, the sword did it.

People don't kill people; weapons do.
:rolleyes:

GeekMom
5th Nov 2013, 04:32
Oh yes. And if you pull the trigger on a firearm, you're not directly responsible for the outcome of that, either. The gun did it. And if you swing a sword, the sword did it.

Oh, good heavens ....:rolleyes: it's a VIDEO game :rolleyes:

Berr
5th Nov 2013, 10:16
Read The Icarus Effect novel. I bet after that you wouldn't mind killing them even on a pacifist run.

They are elite mercenary agents who knowingly and willingly kill many innocents in support of a secret world power. They're willing tools of destruction, and to stop their evil masters you have to take away their tools of oppression.

The changes in this version are to shake up the gameplay so that stealth and hacking game strategies are able to be used against the bosses, which for many people including me was the main complaint.

Sometimes in a high stakes conflict, someone is going to die - you or the other person.

sonicsidewinder
5th Nov 2013, 19:17

If guns don't kill people, people kill people,

Does that mean toasters don't toast toast... Toast toasts toast?

Pinky_Powers
5th Nov 2013, 20:37
Oh, good heavens ....:rolleyes: it's a VIDEO game :rolleyes:

No. We're talking about a pacifist being forced to kill. Whether or not it's inside a video game is irrelevant to the nut of that issue.

USER47
5th Nov 2013, 20:54
Well, you can choose to die and abandon the game:). Adam is locked in the room with augmented killing machine, it would be pretty weird if he could just talk his way out just because some gamers want to have an option to finish the game without killing anyone.

Sometimes in life you don't get all the options you would prefer when dealing with problems, you just have to suck it up and deal with it the best you can:).

GeekMom
6th Nov 2013, 19:05
Besides, as in the original, Boss kills do not negate the pacifist achievement.

Grasser
7th Nov 2013, 01:37
Well, you can choose to die and abandon the game:). Adam is locked in the room with augmented killing machine, it would be pretty weird if he could just talk his way out just because some gamers want to have an option to finish the game without killing anyone.

Sometimes in life you don't get all the options you would prefer when dealing with problems, you just have to suck it up and deal with it the best you can:).

yup, this!
Besides in the Original Deus ex there was two bosses you had to kill, the last boss was by choice of ending I believe.
but the two mechs had to die, well there was a special way of killing them if you could find it, but they still died.
Not much different from this game really, I don't remember much of DX2 though, but I think there was a few bosses you had to kill.

Shralla
7th Nov 2013, 02:09
There's no reason we shouldn't be able to knock him unconscious or disable his weapon and strength augmentations or trap him in something he can't get out or one of any number of possible alternatives to killing him. Look at Dishonored.