PDA

View Full Version : DX:HR Director's Cut missing features PC

Galatele
26th Oct 2013, 14:23
I've waited so long for this release and i am honestly really disappointed though i have no technical issues et cetera. The reason why i am really disappointed is because there were so many things announced for the Wii U and what we pc gamers got is simply 50 percent because of the missing Dual Screen option .For instance Wii U gamers have the grenade throwback feature which seems really handy for combat focused players, the new augmentation called "Tactical Pattern Recognition System" and the map editor. As simple as the map editor sounds it actually gives so much depth to the game just look for videos with emile pedneault he explains it very well. So Eidos Montreal i am talking to you right now: WHY:mad2:???? I would even pay 10-20 dollars more for this. I hope we get a patch or something.

Greets galatele:wave:

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 14:38
I've waited so long for this release and i am honestly really disappointed though i have no technical issues et cetera. The reason why i am really disappointed is because there were so many things announced for the Wii U and what we pc gamers got is simply 50 percent because of the missing Dual Screen option .For instance Wii U gamers have the grenade throwback feature which seems really handy for combat focused players, the new augmentation called "Tactical Pattern Recognition System" and the map editor. As simple as the map editor sounds it actually gives so much depth to the game just look for videos with emile pedneault he explains it very well. So Eidos Montreal i am talking to you right now: WHY:mad2:???? I would even pay 10-20 dollars more for this. I hope we get a patch or something.

Greets galatele:wave:

Grenade throwback not existing in this version is a good thing. Shame no map note taking etc though.

Darthassin
26th Oct 2013, 16:55
Also there is no guide implemented as far as I know.

Shralla
26th Oct 2013, 17:29
What map editor? There is no map editor and there never was.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 17:34

One of the few good additions in the Wii version.

Jet v4.3.5
26th Oct 2013, 18:05

"Map Editor" was a reference to the notation functionality on other platforms where you could add markup on top of your map to leave yourself notes and indicate certain things in the environment. Having this in some capacity (even having a pure textbox feature in addition to the free form pen tool shown on the Wii U to leave notes) would be a good move for a...patch? It feels strange, but it seems like having a fresher version of the game for EM to work off of and update would be ideal. For some PC users, the additional five dollar purchase would be fulfilled if EM promised to update this platform's version of the game as actively and extensively as the others.

It seems like the PC version received only a bare bones set of additional content and updates. I don't think getting downright pissed at EM is a great idea, but I haven't been part of this community long enough for them to frustrate me like they have some people. However, while I got some of what I wanted out of this Director's Cut, it seems like in an update adding some of the newer features we didn't get at launch -albeit customizable for different playstyles- would be a better move for EM to make in the future.

Galatele
26th Oct 2013, 18:39
Grenade throwback not existing in this version is a good thing. Shame no map note taking etc though.

Yeah you're right about grenade throwback feature but the fact that the new augmentation and the map noting function are missing kinda pisses me off. The map noting feature kinda reminds me of deus ex 1 where you also could take notes on the images you got. By the way CyberP i enjoyed your mod it had something i was looking for: a hardcore deus ex 1 experience

Galatele
26th Oct 2013, 18:41
"Map Editor" was a reference to the notation functionality on other platforms where you could add markup on top of your map to leave yourself notes and indicate certain things in the environment. Having this in some capacity (even having a pure textbox feature in addition to the free form pen tool shown on the Wii U to leave notes) would be a good move for a...patch? It feels strange, but it seems like having a fresher version of the game for EM to work off of and update would be ideal. For some PC users, the additional five dollar purchase would be fulfilled if EM promised to update this platform's version of the game as actively and extensively as the others.

It seems like the PC version received only a bare bones set of additional content and updates. I don't think getting downright pissed at EM is a great idea, but I haven't been part of this community long enough for them to frustrate me like they have some people. However, while I got some of what I wanted out of this Director's Cut, it seems like in an update adding some of the newer features we didn't get at launch -albeit customizable for different playstyles- would be a better move for EM to make in the future.

I really hope that we get these features also for PC otherwise i'm truly disappointed with EM and Square Enix:hmm: I also hope one of the folks of EM see your reply and my thread