PDA

View Full Version : A message to Eidos Montreal

Gianstein
26th Oct 2013, 09:23
On the Director's Cut, for PC:

I have been playing through, listening to the developer commentaries, and I'm a bit confused. You spend a lot of time talking about the short comings it had initially, but that's it, you just talk about it.

A good example, was the cut scenes being pre-rendered, and how you wanted to do them in game. Well...why not? This is the Director's Cut...isn't it? I was sitting there thinking...ok so you did this because of time constraints originally...and now you are here, 2 years later, just discussing it in the 'Director's Cut'.

Why is this even called the Director's Cut, if all you do is discuss what you wanted it to be - why haven't you just fixed it? It's quite maddening to listen to this, especially when I see guys like CD Projekt do it for FREE.

Triangletooth
26th Oct 2013, 09:40
I would guess it's because the cut was outsourced and given a limited budget? New animations and such would have been costly I guess.

Gianstein
26th Oct 2013, 09:50
I would guess it's because the cut was outsourced and given a limited budget? New animations and such would have been costly I guess.
That would make sense, if it was a free update - but they charged money for it, and called it the Director's Cut.

Spyhopping
26th Oct 2013, 09:51
I don't know the ins and outs of how they allocated resources to DC, but I'm guessing that many members of the team would have already moved on to new projects. I'm happy with this way of doing things, personally. I'm a sucker for novelty.

Iczdead
26th Oct 2013, 11:08
Yea,
+ Game completely ignores "previous autosave" and just loads "latest autosave" even after I deleted latest autosave.
+ WTF quality of SSAO is this ? I honestly hope you are joking
+ Directors Commentary full of crap how you wanted something instead of doing it in Directors Cut ? If people from the team are working on another projects, they should have been naturally brought back to work on directors cut. You dont make directors cut on tight budget with 2 ppl. Where are we, in disneyland or what ?
+ Corrupted textures
+ Stuttering
+ etc etc etc., not mentioning pricing fiasco - expecting refunds, but Steam refuses to do it.
+ where are new cinematics ?
+ no subtitles language selection
+ whatnot

EIDOS YOU SHOULD MAKE OFFICIAL STATEMENT ABOUT THAT MESS YOU HAVE DONE AND I THINK EVERYONE DESERVES AN OFFICIAL APOLOGY + REFUNDS, because this is unacceptable.

Spyhopping
26th Oct 2013, 11:14
Thanks for the feedback, however...

If people from the team are working on another projects, they should have been naturally brought back to work on directors cut. You dont make directors cut on tight budget with 2 ppl. Where are we, in disneyland or what ?

Keep it in mind that my comment that you refer to was just speculation.

THC 303
26th Oct 2013, 11:17
+ Directors Commentary full of crap how you wanted something instead of doing it in Directors Cut ? If people from the team are working on another projects, they should have been naturally brought back to work on directors cut. You dont make directors cut on tight budget with 2 ppl. Where are we, in disneyland or what ?

if you bring back the original team for the dc, then people would complain the sequel would come out in 2027

you're also complaining about stuff that was never promised ("new cinematics").. as you said yourself, we don't live in disneyland

Iczdead
26th Oct 2013, 11:18
Thanks for the feedback, however...

Keep it in mind that my comment that you refer to was just speculation.

Yea I know, but I thought about it and I think it seems logical, because otherwise it would mean that the whole team worked on this and if so, its even bigger failure.

if you bring back the original team for the dc, then people would complain the sequel would come out in 2027

you're also complaining about stuff that was never promised ("new cinematics").. as you said yourself, we don't live in disneyland

You dont probably understand what I meant by "new cinematics". Go visit steam forums and do some research.

THC 303
26th Oct 2013, 11:23
You dont probably understand what I meant by "new cinematics". Go visit steam forums and do some research.

or alternatively you could just explain here what you mean by new cinematics so people understand what you want and give you an adequate answer

Iczdead
26th Oct 2013, 11:27
or alternatively you could just explain here what you mean by new cinematics so people understand what you want and give you an adequate answer

Alright, cinematics should have been encoded to higher quality, but actually they are in lower quality than before. I thought I wouldnt need to explain this, because its now very well known fact, but problem is that all bugs and problems and missing promised improvements are discussed on steam forums so here noone knows.

Btw. yes it seems we live in disneyland and by disneyland I mean joke.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 12:12
The highlighting never worked at the beginning of the game. You have no neural implant HUD & infolink, health regen, highlighting, no augs at all, because they haven't been installed yet. It's cool. Simulation design.
Oh EM.

Shralla
26th Oct 2013, 17:38
That would make sense, if it was a free update - but they charged money for it, and called it the Director's Cut.

Seriously. On consoles it still costs $40, $50 on Wii U. These changes are insignificant compared to the amount of money they stand to make.

Triangletooth
26th Oct 2013, 22:51
Yea,
+ Object Hightlight does not work at the beginning in the room with Megan

And it never did or was supposed to, you aren't augmented yet.

Iczdead
27th Oct 2013, 11:53
And it never did or was supposed to, you aren't augmented yet.

yea i forgot about that, my bad.

Count D
27th Oct 2013, 13:29
I don't know the ins and outs of how they allocated resources to DC, but I'm guessing that many members of the team would have already moved on to new projects. I'm happy with this way of doing things, personally. I'm a sucker for novelty.

Hooray! New things! They are good? Well, unless it means the game is given to people who have no experience with it and break the technical aspect, while not really fixing or improving that much, but that would be silly, no sensible publisher would do that, right?
Right?

Smoke43
29th Oct 2013, 00:26
I don't understand why Eidos had a bad game engine and limited resources could not Square Enix give them more resources come on they are their owners

Smoke43
29th Oct 2013, 00:31
The only new things in the Directors Cut were the graphics were improved the new game plus the developer commentary and the extras video and the boss fights. I personally expected the FMW videos to be higher quality but they turned it lower. I personally expected more in the directors cut I think that Sqaure Enix need to give more resources to Eidos they are very talented people but it seems Square cares a damn,

HERESY
29th Oct 2013, 23:49
You guys got EXACTLY what you asked for. I was the only person here saying to keep it on the wiiU. You all begged for it on the PC and consoles and here you are. A low quality glitch fest with broken features.

In the future, think before you ask for things and pay more attention to the business aspect instead of your entitlement issues. :)

CyberP
30th Oct 2013, 00:03
You all begged for it on the PC and consoles and here you are.

Excuse me? I hated on the directors cut since the beginning and never requested it on the other platforms.
Why? Because some of the features do very little to make it a better game, others flat out make it worse (2 bar recharge for example (should have been for easy only), or Miiverse nonsense), and others were only suitable for the Wii U. Lastly I saw it as a wasted opportunity, they should have hired me to head that fan's cut. I would have rocked your socks off.

You only need to send me a private message EM/SE, and I'll consider your offer, after I state my terms ;)