PDA

View Full Version : Light sheen around the guards?

TazmanianD
26th Oct 2013, 00:45
I didn't put this in one of the bug threads because I don't think it's a bug since it was present in the original ML. I think they may even consider it an "enhancement". I don't know if it matters, but I'm playing on the PC version.

One of the things that annoyed me about ML was that all the guards had this light, white sheen around them making them glow slightly. It's not the bright yellow object selection halo that I've never even turned on. It seems that when they pulled the "improvements" they made to ML back into the main game, this came along with it and it makes me unhappy. I got through to the Sarif Plant and the bad guys there didn't seem to have it so maybe it's only on the guards in the black/red outfits. It's a subtle difference but it ruins the immersion for me. The guards no longer really look like part of the game...they're glowing. And if we're talking about the DC being subtle differences anyway, I don't think I want to play it anymore. :( Am I alone in this?

Grimoire_efImp
28th Oct 2013, 02:34
Arnt those the guys who have cloaking?

TazmanianD
29th Oct 2013, 02:31
Arnt those the guys who have cloaking?
What do you mean cloaking? The only characters I know with cloaking is Adam, Fedorova and Namir. None of the guards have cloaking. And besides there's clearly a change from the original game and the director's cut.

Grimoire_efImp
29th Oct 2013, 04:44
Yes, some guards have cloaking when going hostile.

Doozerpindan
29th Oct 2013, 04:55
I actually had to go up to a guard and check to see what you were talking about, and yes they do have a light sheen over them, as if they're reflecting the light around them almost. I've never noticed before, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Franubis
29th Oct 2013, 21:23
I also noticed them around ALL other NPCs. Sometimes, they do get to make the characters feel with a more prominent body, but some other times they also make them stand out from the background and appear off...

TazmanianD
30th Oct 2013, 04:14
Yes, some guards have cloaking when going hostile.

That's funny because I'm not entirely sure if I've experienced that but something tells I have and you're not wrong. Every time I've played, I've played entirely as a stealth/pacifist character and so I may not give the enemy much of a chance to respond by cloaking.