PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions for the PC version of the Directors Cut

THC 303
25th Oct 2013, 19:58
1. Is the strategy guide implemented in the pc version? i haven't found it in the options menue?
2. in the original steam version of dxhr you could change the language that is spoken in the game via steam, that seems to not be possible with the dc.. is there any other way to change the language in the game to english?

thank you

Jerion
25th Oct 2013, 20:07
We're gathering issues surrounding the DC edition launch. Technical issues, questions, the lot. We might be able to get you some answers here though. :)

epedneault
25th Oct 2013, 20:20
I don't know about steam, but you have access to change the language through the Main Menu in the game.

As for the Strategy Guide; it was originally announced as an exclusive to Wii U, you won't find it in the game on PC.

But.. Let me see what I can do.

THC 303
25th Oct 2013, 20:22
We're gathering issues surrounding the DC edition launch. Technical issues, questions, the lot. We might be able to get you some answers here though. :)

thank you, it would really be great if the game gets some post release support (patches and stuff) because the dc really has the potential to be the best version of hr

I don't know about steam, but you have access to change the language through the Main Menu in the game.

As for the Strategy Guide; it was originally announced as an exclusive to Wii U, you won't find it in the game on PC.

yeah but you can't make the audio be in english and the subtitles in another language right?
didn't know that about the strategy guide, thank you very much for the fast response

Jerion
25th Oct 2013, 20:26
thank you, it would really be great if the game gets some post release support (patches and stuff) because the dc really has the potential to be the best version of hr

You also ought to be paying attention to epedneault. He's the lead game designer on the Director's Cut, and while he won't be here on a regular basis, he can provide some direct answers for you!

THC 303
25th Oct 2013, 20:34
You also ought to be paying attention to epedneault. He's the lead game designer on the Director's Cut, and while he won't be here on a regular basis, he can provide some direct answers for you!

i'll do that
btw i love the dc so far, the developer commentary is just fantastic, should be in every em game from now on :cool:

Dungeoncrawler
26th Oct 2013, 05:42

*sigh of relief* Glad to hear. I'm really stuck with the awful frame drops that makes playing the DC next to impossible as-is. Anything I can do to help pin-point what might be the issue?

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 12:28

Oh, you are taking requests?

I'll save myself from the wall 'o text that will be ignored.

Director's cuts of film are not generally released to the public: with most film studios the director does not have a final cut privilege. The studio (whose investment is at risk) can insist on changes that they think will make the film more likely to succeed at the box office. This sometimes means a happier ending or less ambiguity, or excluding scenes that would earn a more audience-restricting rating, but more often means that the film is simply shortened to provide more screenings per day. The most common form of director's cut is therefore to have extra scenes added, often making the "new" film considerably longer than the "original".

The game industry became Hollywood very abruptly, it ******* sucks.

Deus Ex should be the height of entertainment, it should put the rest of the industry to shame, do you people not see it's potential? it's foundations built before you lead by example. Is expecting something truly great asking too much? Not sure how the devlings feel, but I guess Square Enix has the final say and that is that. :(

Your investment is at risk, but you CAN please everyone properly: Make the game fulfilling via GMDX mode. Almost anything can be exclusive to this mode.
And maybe it's time to take some risks to truly pay off. I know if the game is amazing I'll do more than my part to spread the word. I did my part for Human Revolution, though the game was unsatisfactory (but still great).
Not for the DC though, what a shame.

Jerion
26th Oct 2013, 13:28
*sigh of relief* Glad to hear. I'm really stuck with the awful frame drops that makes playing the DC next to impossible as-is. Anything I can do to help pin-point what might be the issue?

Play around with video settings, make note of your hardware specs (CPU model, RAM, GPU, graphics driver version, OS), and make note of when and where you notice stuttering or frame drops. Anything that might help QA to track down the problem. The more precise information we have, the better. :)

Caribou007
26th Oct 2013, 18:31

http://i.imgur.com/PdEhAD6.png

vallux
26th Oct 2013, 18:41
http://i.imgur.com/Au0a18x.png

I use Paint too.

Caribou007
26th Oct 2013, 20:47
I use Paint too.

Hah. Unfortunately, you editing this image with Paint and posting a link to your work in this forum is not a disclaimer warning people that they won't get what they see advertised except for on the Wii-U version.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 20:52
Yeah, I'm confused too.

He just wanted to show he is clever enough to use paint? :lol:

vallux
26th Oct 2013, 21:37
Hah. Unfortunately, you editing this image with Paint and posting a link to your work in this forum is not a disclaimer warning people that they won't get what they see advertised except for on the Wii-U version.

But....but I spent like 2 minutes on that. I had to figure out what all the buttons meant.