PDA

View Full Version : Steam hasn't released the Director's Cut for those outside America.

Doozerpindan
25th Oct 2013, 11:13
So, Steam is currently being made of fail and have yet to unlock the DC, which means that nobody outside of America can download it. I'm hoping there's something EM can do about it. Maybe an alternate download link for us Steam users or something like that.

Caradoc
25th Oct 2013, 11:27
Indeed. I've already paid the director's cut, but steam doesn't let me play it. I can see the director's cut in my steam library of games, but the game can't be downloaded.

EDIT:

By the way its quite unfair how the price of the directors cut was at first "4.99€", but an hour later they changed it to "3.99€". So I paid 1 euro more and I can't still play the damn game.

Sure its "just 1 euro", but the way this release has been handled, I think it would be fair if Eidos gave us back the extra 1 euro we paid.

Darthassin
25th Oct 2013, 12:39
Indeed. I've already paid the director's cut, but steam doesn't let me play it. I can see the director's cut in my steam library of games, but the game can't be downloaded.

I have the same problem and I'm very angry :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

MicBenSte
25th Oct 2013, 12:50
This is annoying. At least the price got changed to what it should be, but where the * is the install button?

nexusdx
25th Oct 2013, 13:08

EDIT:

By the way its quite unfair how the price of the directors cut was at first "4.99€", but an hour later they changed it to "3.99€". So I paid 1 euro more and I can't still play the damn game.

Sure its "just 1 euro", but the way this release has been handled, I think it would be fair if Eidos gave us back the extra 1 euro we paid.

this is ****ig joke!
go to [beep] with [beep] and give me my money back!
thank you EM for nothing for 4.99€ :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Oct 2013, 13:12
Steam have yet to unlock the DC, which means that nobody outside of America can download it. I'm hoping there's something EM can do about it. Maybe an alternate download link for us Steam users or something like that.

Thank you. This information has been passed on.

CyberP
25th Oct 2013, 13:13
Oh dear. This DC hasn't gone too well.

I'd have happily put up with all this BS that people are reporting if it was worth it in design. Emile you should have done better. MUCH better.
I lose faith in Square Enix and it's subsidiaries day by day.

Edit: People round here need to chill out though, I thought I was bad :lol:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Oct 2013, 13:30
Its not too bad so far, and its okay to be frustrated or angry about these kinds of things; its very understandable.
We just need to remember to express our opinions without violating the rules.
EM are listening... so keep up the (useful) feedback. :thumb:

CrisSpiegel
25th Oct 2013, 13:46
In Brazil, there seems to be no problem. I've read about it from European users, but I'm yet to know something about it from users in the rest of the Americas.

So, Brazilian users, unless I'm an exception, you can play it. Without dual-screen, with bugs, with less yellow tint and light/shade contrast, but you can play it.

MicBenSte
25th Oct 2013, 14:15
Judging by the things I do notice, it almost seems like Steam has atm tagged DX:HR DC as an pre-order status for at least Europe rather then as an released game. Dunno what else could be the cause, it's totally strange.
Edit: Nevermind, whatevere the issue was it's fixed.

Darthassin
25th Oct 2013, 14:25
Installation possible.

nexusdx
25th Oct 2013, 14:28
It's working now but still someone heve my 1€

NutsnBolts
25th Oct 2013, 14:30
Anyone else pre-order the game through Square Enix's store? The confirmation email solemnly promised another email would be sent with my Steam key etc., but so far I've got nothing. Dunno if this could be a local (UK), EU, or individual problem. Not exactly ecstatic about it in any case, but still, patience is a virtue.

Doozerpindan
25th Oct 2013, 14:37
I'm guessing the appropriate boot was delivered to the equally appropriate arse, because I can finally download the DC now. TY EM :)

Darthassin
25th Oct 2013, 15:25
It's working now but still someone heve my 1€

Same here. Where is my 1 Euro?

JCpies
25th Oct 2013, 16:02
What a shame.

M.Spengler
25th Oct 2013, 16:43
Well. I purchased the Game over Steam for 4,99 € (i own standard + dlc`s already). 1 hour after my purchase, steam changed price to 3,99 €. And i could not use or install it for 6 hours. I wrote to the steam support and got the answer, that they won`t refund the 1 € payed to much afterwards.
Well, there is a word to explain such behavior : ---> Cheating <---

I am really disapointed in being threatened like a fool and will keep this behavior in mind for future.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Oct 2013, 19:06
Steam can't charge you for something you never ordered, or overcharge you, surely.
If they replied and said they could not refund you - what was the reason they gave?

M.Spengler
26th Oct 2013, 02:31
Steam can't charge you for something you never ordered, or overcharge you, surely.
If they replied and said they could not refund you - what was the reason they gave?

The answer from Steam was "As soon an offer ends, we are not able to sell for this special offer price. Our system is automated and we can`t change the price for a single transaction or refund it."

Well, my "special offer" was pay more then other customers, to get nothing for 6 hours !!!! :mad2:

You can read more about this case here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939351124107837/