PDA

View Full Version : Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

Raider of Souls
23rd Oct 2013, 19:04
I wanted to let consoles users know to avoid the Xbox 360 version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- Director's Cut, at least until some issues are patched.

It is unbelievable how many core issues plague this port and how it was released in the terrible, almost broken state it's in:

1. You Cannot Install Disc 1 & Disc 2 to the Hard Drive. All disc releases for Xbox 360 (except the rare disc versions of Arcade titles) allow you to install the game to the hard drive, even games where it's not recommended like Grand Theft Auto V. But for whatever reason, the Director's Cut does not have this option. This makes the game downright unplayable for some, as this means running the game off disc the whole time and dealing with longer load times and a very noisy console that is more susceptible to overheating.

2. Second Screen Features Through SmartGlass is Downright Broken. All I have been hearing from users is an inability to get SmartGlass working with Deus Ex. The Second Screen feature for the 360 outright does not work. (I have been hearing similar things with the PS3 version having trouble using the Vita for this.)

3. Director's Cut Version Doesn't Have a New Achievement List. This in itself isn't bad until you take into account the PC & PS3 both offering a new list. It's almost as if less effort went into the Xbox version.

All of these issues imply a rushed port, or at least an unpolished one that has many fundamental issues. The biggest problem is, I don't know how to contact Square Enix or a developer over these issues. Are they even aware of them? Can they even fix them? So I made an account to let people know about the Xbox 360 port and save them from wasting money like I did. Maybe a moderator can pass this info up the food chain or something? If this was a new game, there would be many reports of these problems, but because it is a re-release, less people are talking about it and consequently, there is less chance of any problem being solved.

I really love Human Revolution and I was looking forward to a replay with the new boss fights and commentary with this "definitive" version. But I can't with the terrible state the Director's Cut is in for the Xbox 360.

Realdarkviper
24th Oct 2013, 01:44
I signed up to the forums so I could post these exact same problems.

The Smart glass functionality is completely broken. It seems like the 360 thinks your playing the vanilla Deus Ex and not the Director's Cut version. This would also explain why the achievements show as being for the same game. Maybe the problem is related to me having played the original game.

Who knows if they'll be able to fix it though. I've been having a hard time finding other people who are having the same issues.

Riddik116
24th Oct 2013, 03:01
Just wanted to stop and say yeah me and my roommate are mad about not being able to install the game. Neither of us use smartglass so cant comment on that but it is pathetic that there is no install option. It seems like this is a sloppy port or at least rushed.

epslion
24th Oct 2013, 05:10
Not being able to install the game on the HDD is a definite dealbreaker for me...I am not purchasing this until Eidos addresses this issue!

connordavisj
24th Oct 2013, 06:09
Mine is just outright freezing. I hit new game and it just sits on a black screen.

Mine is just outright freezing. I hit new game and it just sits on a black screen.

Wait, that may be my disc drive, which if it is, I'm now rather scared.

P4NCH0theD0G
24th Oct 2013, 12:45
For me, the messed-up energy management (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138116) would have been enough to not get this (not to mention that I already own the first release and do feel quite cheated to have to pay that much for an "Update"), but not being able to install a game is not really tenable for me. I lost two Boxes to the RROD, which is directly linked to the disc-drive overheating, and I only ever play games from HDD.

I do hope your problems get fixed, but looking at Eidos's Track Record with patches (Hitman Absolution, anyone?) I wouldn't have too much hope in that direction.

Of course, MS did stop charging companies for Title Updates, so maybe if you're lucky, you'll get a patch. Maybe, if we`re all lucky, the patch might not only address these issues, but improve other stuff (like the Energy Management and Energy Cost for Takedowns or Wall Punches...)

Raider of Souls
24th Oct 2013, 15:02
Maybe if we all give a friendly heads up to some devs on twitter? Just let them know there are some major issues with the 360 version.

P4NCH0theD0G
24th Oct 2013, 16:41
I actually did that. Several times. With links to this thread and the one about the Energy Management.
Eidos Montreal Twitter, Pednault the chief designer on facebook, but no reaction. Usually they just ignore the stuff they don't like.

Jerion
24th Oct 2013, 18:56
We're keeping an eye on these, they will be passed along.

P4NCH0theD0G
24th Oct 2013, 21:06

Would you kindly also pass along, that people are very disappointed with the lack of change to the Energy Management System?

Because I for one do not understand why that was done the way it was done - and none of the literally thousands of feedback-posts regarding that single issue were taken into account.

But it's good to hear that these issues will get attention. Installing on the HDD is pretty much mandatory for owners of older Boxes.

So, thank you.

johnston
24th Oct 2013, 22:08
I signed up just to chime in as well. Just ran out and spent money on this, hoping for some vastly (or at least slightly) improved version. Having all the same problems; mainly that Smartglass (and the 360) just recognize this as the vanilla copy of the game. How the hell did they not anticipate this? After GTA V Online, IOS 7, and everything else, I've completely lost hope in first-day releases. They are pushing things out way too early, and the complexity of technology is beginning to cave in on itself.

I would imagine that most people have played/installed, at some point, the original game (on disc, digital download, or both), and as you know, once you play any game, it's registered as one of "Your Games" as far as the whole Xbox, Microsoft cloud account is concerned. I have a feeling that this is part of the reason for this problem... The developers didn't sufficiently differentiate the Director's Cut from the vanilla copy as far as its coding in the database of games (or maybe it's not even there yet, being this weird, esoteric, early release).

I'd be really curious whether people who had never installed any previous version of the game are experiencing this problem, too.

Regardless, please patch, fix, talk to Microsoft, do whatever it takes, make this game be what it should be! It's bad enough that I paid full price for this when I already owned the game and all the DLC... PC users at least got discounts (if you owned everything, it is really cheap to upgrade).

The whole no install to hard drive thing is *really* weird, too! And it sucks. How is this better than the original game? Now I have to burn up my DVD drive and have longer wait times? At least in the original game I could install to HD, and load times were quick. This is terrible.

We need to be as vocal about this on twitter, etc, as possible, and hope for a fix.

P4NCH0theD0G
24th Oct 2013, 22:20
I actually did that. Several times. With links to this thread and the one about the Energy Management.
Eidos Montreal Twitter, Pednault the chief designer on facebook, but no reaction. Usually they just ignore the stuff they don't like.

So, I stand corrected.

Things are getting looked at. And I trust my source. So you'll have to trust me in that.

Thank you.

johnston
24th Oct 2013, 22:36
Question... (since we can't install to HD), I noticed I had to switch to Disc 2 after the introductory sequence. How often do you have to swap discs throughout the game???

It makes one wonder why they didn't do an "install disc" like GTA V, and Play Disc on disc 1.

Also, anyone notice Adam's face looks a little bit weird in the director's cut?

EDIT:

Several hours in, I've noticed the texture popup is really bad, obviously on account of having to stream from the DVD. This is much worse than the original game.

Raider of Souls
25th Oct 2013, 03:48
Quick Update: I have been hearing reports of the second screen experience working on the PS3 with the Vita. So it's just broken for the 360.

Thank you!

I would imagine that most people have played/installed, at some point, the original game (on disc, digital download, or both), and as you know, once you play any game, it's registered as one of "Your Games" as far as the whole Xbox, Microsoft cloud account is concerned. I have a feeling that this is part of the reason for this problem... The developers didn't sufficiently differentiate the Director's Cut from the vanilla copy as far as its coding in the database of games (or maybe it's not even there yet, being this weird, esoteric, early release).

I'd be really curious whether people who had never installed any previous version of the game are experiencing this problem, too.

You may be onto something. While I haven't deleted all my Deus Ex data on my console to test that theory, clearing the cache did not help and trying to install the game offline or on a profile that has not played the game did not help either. So, I don't think having the original game registered on your profile/the could is the problem.

However, I think you're right about the Director's Cut not being differentiated from the original copy as far as the Xbox 360 itself is concerned. However, the 360 under "My Games" does recognize each disc as "Disc 1" & "Disc 2." I wonder, does anyone still have the vanilla version installed to the hard drive? If you do and put in the Director's Cut, under game options, does it have the option to delete the installed vanilla version? If it does, that would prove there is a recognition issue.

The more I think about it, the problem of not being able to install the Director Cut has to be a glitch. After doing some research, the only games you can't install are retail disc versions of Arcade games. Every single full game, to my knowledge, can be installed. This includes games that came out before installing to HDD was an option for Xbox gamers. So, how and why would the Director's Cut be the sole oddity in the Xbox library?

Riddik116
25th Oct 2013, 04:00
I have the original installed still... it does not seem to have the 2 confused since there is no delete option.

TheAugmentedBox
25th Oct 2013, 04:05
****... I was going to get the 360 version tomorrow... is it still broken?

Raider of Souls
25th Oct 2013, 04:26
I have the original installed still... it does not seem to have the 2 confused since there is no delete option.

Alright, we can eliminate that explanation then. Thanks for the quick response!

I was going to get the 360 version tomorrow... is it still broken?

Yup, but all non-Wii U platforms seem to have their own oddities

PC: performance issues (and possibly using a 1.0 version of the game as a base instead of the patched version)
360: can't install to HDD and SmartGlass broken
PS3: compressed weapon firing sounds

Caribou007
25th Oct 2013, 08:34
Is the 360 version also missing the built-in strategy guide?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Oct 2013, 10:51

Seconded.

And I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I tweaked the thread title to say "Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here" so new people can see this is the correct thread to use. :thumb:

jdamien75
25th Oct 2013, 12:57
Obviously I can't install the DX:HR DC onto my 360 either. I really do prefer to install everything to the HDD (except games that state not to) for optimal gaming experiences.

I think the XBOX 360 is getting things confused in some ways. I originally purchased the Augmented Edition, then purchased the GonD version so I wouldn't need discs, & then finally the DC version. When I put in the discs for the DC version & go to the description of the game, it shows me the description text for the GonD release of the game.

I looked at my storage & the save games for the DC are mixed in with the saves, DLC, & other files from the original DX:HR.

I haven't tried the SmartGlass integration, since I'm not sure I want to use my Lumia 920 as a control device or to hack with. Maybe if I had something with a bigger screen.

metarmor
25th Oct 2013, 14:46
For a group of folks that blog about how passionate they are about this project, this really should be an embarrassment. First, they have the nerve to ask Xbox360/PS3 players that own the original game to buy the Director's Cut for an additional thirty bucks when they offer it to PC users at upgrade pricing. Then they ask Wii players to fork out sixty bucks for a game that's two years old already. If that wasn't bad enough, they release the game with all of these problems. This seems to be a disaster both on the developer side as well as the business side. I don't know about anyone else, but when a project goes this bad any place that I've worked, heads roll....

I bought the Augmented Edition of the Xbox 360 version, so I already spent quite a bit on the game. For them to ask for another thirty bucks for me to get to play the game that they intended to release is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I don't want hand outs either. They added some stuff that warrants their time and resources, so it should be paid for. I would have happily paid ten bucks to upgrade for the new content. I just can't help but think I got the shaft considering PC owners got a reasonable deal. If something possessed me to actually spend the thirty bucks to get the Director's Cut I'd be really pissed about the problems. Developers/Publishers shouldn't get to whine about the used marked when they do ****ty things like this to their customers. I'll buy it when it's on the used market for ten bucks and ONLY if these problems are resolved. So disappointed.... What a joke.

Jerion
25th Oct 2013, 14:50
For a group of folks that blog about how passionate they are about this project, this really should be an embarrassment. First, they have the nerve to ask Xbox360/PS3 players that own the original game to buy the Director's Cut for an additional thirty bucks when they offer it to PC users at upgrade pricing. Then they ask Wii players to fork out sixty bucks for a game that's two years old already. If that wasn't bad enough, they release the game with all of these problems. This seems to be a disaster both on the developer side as well as the business side. I don't know about anyone else, but when a project goes this bad any place that I've worked, heads roll....

I bought the Augmented Edition of the Xbox 360 version, so I already spent quite a bit on the game. For them to ask for another thirty bucks for me to get to play the game that they intended to release is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I don't want hand outs either. They added some stuff that warrants their time and resources, so it should be paid for. I would have happily paid ten bucks to upgrade for the new content. I just can't help but think I got the shaft considering PC owners got a reasonable deal. If something possessed me to actually spend the thirty bucks to get the Director's Cut I'd be really pissed about the problems. Developers/Publishers shouldn't get to whine about the used marked when they do ****ty things like this to their customers. I'll buy it when it's on the used market for ten bucks and ONLY if these problems are resolved. So disappointed.... What a joke.

Genuine question: Steam on PC offers a simple and straightforward way to ensure that the person claiming to already own the game and the DLC is actually being honest; the games are permanantly tied to that user's account, regardless of digital or physical purchase. Can you think of a comparable way to ensure that same honesty on the current-gen consoles? If so, I'm happy to forward your idea onwards.

Riddik116
25th Oct 2013, 15:06
The only thing I could think to do for current gen would be make a deal with a retail store where you have the customer return the original copy to allow for a discount on the directors cut at that specific retail store but business wise I understand thats not really a great idea.

Either way thanks for passing along the problems, I really hope theres a way for them to fix the install problem.

metarmor
25th Oct 2013, 15:39
I apologize in advance for the long winded post. I hate them myself.

The pooch was screwed from the beginning. Here’s how it should have went down:

The Director’s cut on Xbox 360 and PS3 versions should have been offered strictly as DLC. Even though Xbox and PS3 can't distinguish a used disc from a new disc, it least it will require the game in some form. It's better not to screw your loyal customers then it is to punish douches (or a bird in the hand, blah blah blah). Even if a game is used, there’s an opportunity to make money on DLC multiple times by the used game passing multiple hands. For example: If I buy the original game used, and then buy the Director's Cut as DLC; I can then play it and sell the disc. The next person buys the disc that I just bought and has the opportunity to purchase the Director's Cut DLC as well (and the chain goes on). By releasing it on disc, sales were cannibalized on the existing DLC as well as the original game anyway. This shows the company was willing to accept some form of cannibalization. By releasing strictly as DLC, there’s the same cannibalization (since people would likely buy used and the Director’s Cut contains all of the existing DLC), just not screwing the existing loyalty. I would suspect a lower priced DLC would net more buyers (original game holders as well as the scenario above) to make up for the price difference, especially since less folks would be pissed and more of them would be likely to revisit the game. We have yet to solve the problem of people who've already paid for all of the DLC before Directors Cut. Perhaps two versions of DLC for the Director’s Cut could have been done? One containing all of the original DLC and another with just the add-ons (like PC).

The only disc version for sixty bucks should have been for the Wii since the game was never on the platform. These users likely wouldn't be so irritated at the price since there’s no thirty dollar disk on other platforms to compare it to. They’d still be getting a deal since they get everything the game has to offer since its creation. Instead of being me (Augmented Edition $70, All DLC roughly $30, Directors Cut $30 = $130)
PC seems to be the only place it was done perfectly.

You can thank me for solving your problems in the form of a check made out to Mr. Awesome. (Just kidding, I’m sure the problem is actually more complicated than this) My point is, it likely could have been better thought out.

The worst part is there’s no official statement from the company simply acknowledging that it had to rake it’s loyalty over the coals for one reason or another. It’s as if they didn’t even see it as a problem.

johnston
25th Oct 2013, 18:45
Agreed…

Where is Eidos on this? Where is the patch and back-end (Microsoft-side) fixes? Clearly there is confusion about what game this is; since is shares Achievements, etc, and shows the same "Game Details" as the vanilla DE.

Someone has said that the PS3/PC versions give you all new achievements (trophies, whatever), and that the 360 version was probably intended to do so.

I actually work in software for a living, so I have a good hunch about what's going on here; but it is really, really bad PR to not acknowledge the problem, promise any fixes, etc. There should be a patch (both front end and back end) by now… This isn't a massive ordeal to fix; the game is basically the same.

On a side note, I will say, I have experienced two things I never experienced in the two versions I owned before (Augmented Edition - Disc, installed, and the Downloadable edition from the xbox store); major texture pop-in, and often missing dialogue/subtitles, as well as wireless communications (up in the upper right) starting and ending abruptly in less than a second. So there are some glitches to fix, as well. But getting this to ID properly so it can be used with Smartglass, and enabling HD install, would be #1 priorities if it were up to me...

Cyph0r26
25th Oct 2013, 19:15
I agree completely. I have no problem paying for something that someone spent time and money on, but I want the finished product to at least performed the way it should. That only seems fair.

epedneault
25th Oct 2013, 19:19
Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I am jumping on ALL those issues and this will not be overlooked!
We are already aware on some of these things, like the Smartglass issue that should be fixed very soon.
Don't hesitate to continue reporting all problems / your concerns; especially to Jerion who is doing a tremendous job working with us to help make things move forward.

jdamien75
25th Oct 2013, 21:21
+1 for the idea that it could have been released as DLC of some kind, since the PC version is "patchable"/upgradable to the Director's Cut version.

I apologize in advance for the long winded post. I hate them myself.

The pooch was screwed from the beginning. Here’s how it should have went down:

The Director’s cut on Xbox 360 and PS3 versions should have been offered strictly as DLC. Even though Xbox and PS3 can't distinguish a used disc from a new disc, it least it will require the game in some form. It's better not to screw your loyal customers then it is to punish douches (or a bird in the hand, blah blah blah). Even if a game is used, there’s an opportunity to make money on DLC multiple times by the used game passing multiple hands. For example: If I buy the original game used, and then buy the Director's Cut as DLC; I can then play it and sell the disc. The next person buys the disc that I just bought and has the opportunity to purchase the Director's Cut DLC as well (and the chain goes on). By releasing it on disc, sales were cannibalized on the existing DLC as well as the original game anyway. This shows the company was willing to accept some form of cannibalization. By releasing strictly as DLC, there’s the same cannibalization (since people would likely buy used and the Director’s Cut contains all of the existing DLC), just not screwing the existing loyalty. I would suspect a lower priced DLC would net more buyers (original game holders as well as the scenario above) to make up for the price difference, especially since less folks would be pissed and more of them would be likely to revisit the game. We have yet to solve the problem of people who've already paid for all of the DLC before Directors Cut. Perhaps two versions of DLC for the Director’s Cut could have been done? One containing all of the original DLC and another with just the add-ons (like PC).

The only disc version for sixty bucks should have been for the Wii since the game was never on the platform. These users likely wouldn't be so irritated at the price since there’s no thirty dollar disk on other platforms to compare it to. They’d still be getting a deal since they get everything the game has to offer since its creation. Instead of being me (Augmented Edition $70, All DLC roughly $30, Directors Cut $30 = $130)
PC seems to be the only place it was done perfectly.

You can thank me for solving your problems in the form of a check made out to Mr. Awesome. (Just kidding, I’m sure the problem is actually more complicated than this) My point is, it likely could have been better thought out.

The worst part is there’s no official statement from the company simply acknowledging that it had to rake it’s loyalty over the coals for one reason or another. It’s as if they didn’t even see it as a problem.

Agreed…

Where is Eidos on this? Where is the patch and back-end (Microsoft-side) fixes? Clearly there is confusion about what game this is; since is shares Achievements, etc, and shows the same "Game Details" as the vanilla DE.

Someone has said that the PS3/PC versions give you all new achievements (trophies, whatever), and that the 360 version was probably intended to do so.

I actually work in software for a living, so I have a good hunch about what's going on here; but it is really, really bad PR to not acknowledge the problem, promise any fixes, etc. There should be a patch (both front end and back end) by now… This isn't a massive ordeal to fix; the game is basically the same.

On a side note, I will say, I have experienced two things I never experienced in the two versions I owned before (Augmented Edition - Disc, installed, and the Downloadable edition from the xbox store); major texture pop-in, and often missing dialogue/subtitles, as well as wireless communications (up in the upper right) starting and ending abruptly in less than a second. So there are some glitches to fix, as well. But getting this to ID properly so it can be used with Smartglass, and enabling HD install, would be #1 priorities if it were up to me...

I think the "phantom" audio crackles/popups are supposed to be indicators where the commentary can be accessed when it's turned on.

Raider of Souls
25th Oct 2013, 21:50
And I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I tweaked the thread title to say "Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here" so new people can see this is the correct thread to use. :thumb:

I don't mind :) The change also indicates that these issues are being looked into, which was why I created the topic in the first place. And I'm thankful that the thread is being used as an aggregate that will hopefully solve these problems faster.

Missing dialogue and subtitles? That is worrisome to hear. Can you provide a specific example?

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I am jumping on ALL those issues and this will not be overlooked!
We are already aware on some of these things, like the Smartglass issue that should be fixed very soon.
Don't hesitate to continue reporting all problems / your concerns; especially to Jerion who is doing a tremendous job working with us to help make things move forward.

Good news to hear. And I want to thank everyone helping with these issues.

Gizmollo
26th Oct 2013, 10:10
Hello

I also registered account for the reason of sharing my problems with smartglass.
I played before pure DX IW on my xbox, but it wasn't installed on HDD. Now after putting DX DC in drive it pretended as new game (no savegames from old game in game menu). So for me it looked as recognised as completley new game. So to the issue, smartglass is not working, tried on my HTC and tablet, both worked same wrong way. Why wrong way ? Because they appeared as being connected to Xbox but they were only displaying standard xbox control buttons on which game did not reacted at all, but in the game (while smartglass device was connected) I was not able to use any door keypad. While tried, Adam was turning his back to keypad so I could not see keypad. After disconnecting smartglass, situation was back to normal.

Malacath
26th Oct 2013, 10:27
Smartglass feature does not work.

I've tried on 3 different devices and the smartglass feature doesn't work on any

I feel ripped off. If you advertise a feature you should make sure it works before releasing the game

P4NCH0theD0G
26th Oct 2013, 12:55
In General with the Xbox Smartglass, I always had issues with that. But still, it should work. I'm still holding off on buying the DC, specifically because of the HDD install not being possible (well, and the Energy Management). I'd love to play this again, but not from disc.

But it's good to know that Emile is here and looks at stuff. Hopefully that will speed up things.

Malacath
26th Oct 2013, 13:21
In General with the Xbox Smartglass, I always had issues with that. But still, it should work. I'm still holding off on buying the DC, specifically because of the HDD install not being possible (well, and the Energy Management). I'd love to play this again, but not from disc.

But it's good to know that Emile is here and looks at stuff. Hopefully that will speed up things.

The install problem might be unfixable by a patch.

Eidos have messed up the discs.

Because they haven't separated the achievements for the original game and the directors cut the Xbox system is getting confused preventing the disc from installing and smartglass from working.

I fear we will have to wait for Microsoft to release another dashboard update before we can install the game. And to fix smartglass they would somehow have to allow the game disc to have their own set of achievements. Either that or allow smartglass features to work with the original version of the game as well.

Raider of Souls
26th Oct 2013, 14:05
That may be the cause of the installation problem, or possibly not. We can't be sure until we hear an official statement on the matter.

(If it was by design, I hope there is a way of patching it.)

P4NCH0theD0G
26th Oct 2013, 15:02
Well, and this is pure speculation on my part, but I find it hard to believe that they simply never tested the Smartglass on Xbox 360. You know, "The simulations all worked fine, let's ship it."

I would expect they tested it extensively, but maybe not with an Xbox connected to Live at the same time, just a LAN connection, not connected to the internet. Otherwise those issues would've cropped up there already.

As such, the issue might be either on MS's side or really be a lack of distinction between the games, confusing Xbox Live. Why that would prevent an HDD install, I would not know, though. Shouldn't it then simply think you're trying to install the original game?

But both of these should be patchable with a Title Update. Or simply by MS updating the game registry. There must be a way to distinguish the two versions, after all. Unless the first disc shipped in the DC is actually identical to the vanilla game release, with everything else on disc 2, but that wouldn't make much sense looking at the commentary and all.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Emile would say the smartglass issue would be fixed very soon, if there wasn't a way to do it. In my experience devs/companies are very, very careful about making such promises if they're not reasonably sure they can do it.

I hope...

Raider of Souls
26th Oct 2013, 15:07
I have no doubt the SmartGlass issue will be fixed. It's the install to HDD problem I'm worried about...

Malacath
26th Oct 2013, 15:39
I have no doubt the SmartGlass issue will be fixed. It's the install to HDD problem I'm worried about...

Yes. That would probably require a dashboard update.

This sort of thing has happened before.

With the game Crackdown there were two versions of the disc. One was the pre-order version that had a Beta for halo 3 on it and one was just crackdown.

The main one with just crackdown would install but the other version with the halo 3 beta on it would not install.

It took a dashboard update to allow both versions to install.

Shralla
26th Oct 2013, 17:35
Well I sure am glad I didn't jump on the Director's Cut!

Maiden Ty One
26th Oct 2013, 17:54
Yeah, the fact it doesn't install makes it broken - it really is ridiculous that this managed to get past quality control/testing - do Square Enix just not bother any more? The Smartglass not working is also unbelievable, considering it advertises this as a feature on the box - you'd think SOMEONE at SOME point would've tested it before shipping...I'll be taking my copy back to the store tomorrow for a refund, and I urge everyone else to do the same - I'm actually disgusted at this.

And before any mods or representatives tell me "it's being looked into"....yeah, I won't hold my breath - after seeing Dead Space 3's multitude of game-breaking bugs go completely disregarded, and all emails, message board posts and feedback from multitudes of players completely ignored, I have no faith whatsoever in devs/publisher's customer care. If they cared about their customers or their products they wouldn't ship these games with such obvious flaws in them - this isn't some flickering texture or missing sound effect, the ability to install a game is a basic requirement, and I myself cannot play games without installing them.

So yeah, thanks for screwing us over SE/Eidos.

It won't make any difference to me, as I'll be returning my copy for a refund tomorrow, but on the off chance that someone DOES "look into" these bugs, here's a tip on something that, while it may or may not be a glitch/bug, is FREAKING annoying - I had to swap discs after the prologue. The PROLOGUE. We're talking 5 minutes of game play here. I can only assume the rest of the game requires these disc swaps throughout.

Disc swapping is not only unnessecary, it's retarded - I really don't know why so many devs haven't realised they could use Disc 2 as a "DLC disc" and simply install everything from it onto the hard drive, and then run the entire game off of Disc 1 - so far, as far as I'm aware, the only two games with dev's with the brains to do this have been Halo 4 and GTA5 - EVERY other developer seems to think swapping a disc even when both are installed to the hard drive is perfectly reasonable. It isn't. It's retarded.

But then, DE:HR DC can't even be installed at all to begin with, so I guess THAT retarded glitch takes priority...

Oh yeah, I also noticed, on my copy at least, that the "Making Of" video doesn't work (which actually made me laugh, it's hilarious that even THAT doesn't work...). It only appears in the menu of Disc 2, when I click on it, it tells me to "insert Disc 1". When I insert Disc 1, it disappears from the menu. Genius.

I'm getting a mental image of the offices at Square Enix/Eidos Montreal consisting of a bunch of clowns on unicycles...is that fair of me?

Malacath
26th Oct 2013, 20:59
Oh yeah, I also noticed, on my copy at least, that the "Making Of" video doesn't work (which actually made me laugh, it's hilarious that even THAT doesn't work...). It only appears in the menu of Disc 2, when I click on it, it tells me to "insert Disc 1". When I insert Disc 1, it disappears from the menu. Genius.

I'm getting a mental image of the offices at Square Enix/Eidos Montreal consisting of a bunch of clowns on unicycles...is that fair of me?

Strange. The making of video works for me.

P4NCH0theD0G
26th Oct 2013, 21:03
Well, Jerion or Emile, is that true with the disc-changing? By God, that sounds horrible. It's not like people are just sitting next to their Boxes.

Disc-Changing is the Bane of Videogaming...

sroughley
26th Oct 2013, 21:56
Yeah, SmartGlass integration is non existent and it actually breaks the inventory screen when SmartGlass is connected.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 22:46
Well I sure am glad I didn't jump on the Director's Cut!

Needed emphasis on jump for greater comical effect.

Well, they are only human, bless them. New shinyness then they want it it. We , however, are Deus Ex Machinas, and do not make such decisions without supreme knowledge & logic ;)

Bow to the illuminated ones, mortals.

johnston
26th Oct 2013, 23:59
Personally, I wish people would stop complaining about the energy consumption. They FIXED this as far as I'm concerned. It works MUCH better. I always used to buy the recharge-2, recharge-3 mod, and never understood why they didn't charge up more than one cell.

It makes a lot more sense to have two cells charge up freely, without having to eat a snickers, etc. Granted, it would be a bit better if takedowns and other stuff didn't cost energy at all, but who cares? It's still an improvement.

The biggest issue right now is getting Smartglass, the game ID internally (in the XBox), and the HD Install working… The load times are driving me nuts and the real reason I played through a fifth time was to do hacks and cool stuff via a second screen (iPad/Smartglass, in my case, which connects fine to the Xbox–I can even control the game; just not getting true second secreen functionality).

Lastly, I love the commentary option, but is there a way to "remove" points that have already been listened to, or at least make them skippable when you realized you've just replayed one you've already heard and it's five minutes long?

Raider of Souls
27th Oct 2013, 00:01

It works for me.

I had to swap discs after the prologue. The PROLOGUE. We're talking 5 minutes of game play here. I can only assume the rest of the game requires these disc swaps throughout.

I wouldn't assume you have to disc swap constantly throughout the entire game. If someone knows, could they chime in? If I had to guess, the Director's Cut is probably a tad over the limit for one DVD, so they put as little as they could on Disc 1 (with "Making of Video") so once you put in Disc 2, you won't have to swap back.

Riddik116
27th Oct 2013, 00:25
So after playing a good bit (just got to china the first time) and I got to say I very disappointed in this version of the game. There are just too many problems with this version of the game. I forgot how long the load times are and not being able to install the game just makes it worse. Also there seems to be way more pop ups and issues in this version of the game. When going into the apartments in Detroit, the rooms would take about 15 seconds to load because before hand it would be empty (just the walls and floor, no furniture or anything). I also have been having weird delays when swapping weapons and equipment, I'll swap weapon but it'll take about 3-5 seconds to swap and sometimes the weapon will not equip, so I'll have to reload a save to fix it.

jdamien75
27th Oct 2013, 01:35
It works for me.

I wouldn't assume you have to disc swap constantly throughout the entire game. If someone knows, could they chime in? If I had to guess, the Director's Cut is probably a tad over the limit for one DVD, so they put as little as they could on Disc 1 (with "Making of Video") so once you put in Disc 2, you won't have to swap back.

If you want to access the Tutorials on the main menu you have to put disc 1 back into the XBOX.

Raider of Souls
27th Oct 2013, 13:34
Can we please tone down the argument over energy management? This thread is about technical issues that make the Xbox 360 version of the Director's Cut broken for people. This is not the place for a discussion over gameplay design decisions. Use this thread for that: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138116

jdamien75
27th Oct 2013, 15:11
I'd also be interested to know, if the DC will become available as "Game on Demand" Download - something that could possibly circumvent these issues altogether. Well, except the Energy Management :P

Making another GonD version would be one way to go. Or since the PC version was able to be "augmented" to become the DC, from the way it sounds with the cheap upgrade they offered, making a DLC bundle to "convert" the regular one to the Director's Cut would be even better.

If they did make DLC to upgrade the original version, I'd pick it up so that I wouldn't need discs to play (since I already own the GonD version too).

Jerion
27th Oct 2013, 15:36
This is a technical issues thread, not a place for design discussions. Off-topic posts have not been deleted, but instead moved to an appropriate thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138116

Carry on. :)

johnston
27th Oct 2013, 18:47
It works for me.

This seems to be correct… Why the hell they bothered to put such a tiny amount of data on one disc, and break the install-ability process, beats me. But yeah, it seems like only the Making of Video, and the opening scene of the game, are on Disc 1… the rest fits on Disc 2 just as it always did. I guess they went a little over on space, too, adding the new voice commentary tracks; that would make it larger than the original game as well.

Regardless, I'm really hoping for a patch that will 1) make the game installable (the load times keep getting longer and longer) and 2) make this game show up as the correct game (Director's Cut) in the Xbox library, so Smartglass features etc will work (and I assume, new achievements, since the other versions (PS3, PC) got these).

Can we get any update on a patch (or update on Microsoft's end, etc)? After several days with no patch, I'm starting to feel like this is abandoned (on the 360) and debating on whether to return it (and reading Amazon discussions, etc, a lot of people already have started doing so).

Maiden Ty One
27th Oct 2013, 19:00
I'd return it if I were you. It really is the only way Dev's will get the message - if you're going to release a broken game without testing it, then the first thing you should be working on is a patch to fix it. As it is, they see no reason to patch it as everyone is buying the game and that's money in their pockets.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did just abandon it. It's only the 360 version that's affected, and it's obvious they don't care about that market. The only way they're going to give a crap is if they think it's going to affect their profits significantly.

Disc-Changing is the Bane of Videogaming...

It's not just a bane, its completely unnecessary. They could easily just make Disc 2 an installation disc that installs all the content to the hard drive, allowing the entire game to be run off of one disc. For some reason devs seem to have a brain disability when it comes to this, I honestly cannot fathom how such an obvious thing can be overlooked by people whose job it is to make videogames. The only thing I can think of is they all mostly play on PC and simply don't think, or care about people playing on 360.

Raider of Souls
27th Oct 2013, 19:30
I'd return it if I were you. It really is the only way Dev's will get the message - if you're going to release a broken game without testing it, then the first thing you should be working on is a patch to fix it. As it is, they see no reason to patch it as everyone is buying the game and that's money in their pockets.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did just abandon it. It's only the 360 version that's affected, and it's obvious they don't care about that market. The only way they're going to give a crap is if they think it's going to affect their profits significantly.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic just yet. The game just came out and it's now the weekend. The moderators are looking into this and I'm sure the devs are aware of the issues. It takes time to make a patch for these things. Let's hope for an official statement this week.

I'm just sad that every time EM outsources something, that company messes things up and it's up to EM to clean up the mess. All non-Wii U versions has serious issues and EM has to figure out what's wrong for all 3 DCs and how to fix it.

(Does anyone know the company that did the porting for the Director's Cut?)

Maiden Ty One
27th Oct 2013, 19:36
I guess it's just because of being continually let down by developers releasing broken games and abandoning them. The latest was Dead Space 3, one of my favourite series of games, but the last one has so many god damn bugs in it, at least one of them game breaking (for me, anyway), and Visceral/EA have completely ignored all requests to do anything about it and have ceased work on the game, and are happy to leave it with all the faults it has. So long as people are paying for it, they don't care.

I guess it's just what I've come to expect now.

johnston
27th Oct 2013, 20:39
I wouldn't be so pessimistic just yet. The game just came out and it's now the weekend. The moderators are looking into this and I'm sure the devs are aware of the issues. It takes time to make a patch for these things. Let's hope for an official statement this week.

I'm just sad that every time EM outsources something, that company messes things up and it's up to EM to clean up the mess. All non-Wii U versions has serious issues and EM has to figure out what's wrong for all 3 DCs and how to fix it.

(Does anyone know the company that did the porting for the Director's Cut?)

According to Wikipedia, Snowed In Studios worked on the PS3 and 360 porting of DE: DC. Lazy bunch of …

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution#Director.27s_Cut

Following the citation (http://snowedin.ca/projects/eidos-montreal/), though, seems to refer to the original version of the game; so I'm not sure if this applies to the DC or not.

But yeah, I'm with Maiden Ty One; we're continually let down by these releases that have major problems (GTA5 online is a recent example that comes to mind–it's STILL not completely fixed over a month or so after release). The only way to really vote that you won't accept abandoned games like this is to take them back for a refund, which is what I've decided to do. I spent $60 on the original game, another $30 on the downloadable version (after I lost the disc copy while moving), and another $30 on this… $120 for a game that I've already played through four times just isn't worth it when none of the new features are working.

Raider of Souls
28th Oct 2013, 16:05
I really do want to play the Director's Cut. And I won't judge Eidos Montreal based on the actions of other developers. But, we do really need an official statement soon, or I will have to return my copy as well.

johnston
28th Oct 2013, 17:36
I really do want to play the Director's Cut. And I won't judge Eidos Montreal based on the actions of other developers. But, we do really need an official statement soon, or I will have to return my copy as well.

Agreed. On a problem of this scale, an official statement is the least they could do, because literally everyone except Wii U users are experiencing this.

Maiden Ty One
28th Oct 2013, 19:34
It used to be that before releasing a game, they checked through it for faults and if there were a substantial amount, they'd spend a bit longer fixing it and ironing out the bugs before releasing it.

NOW, they get the game out the door as soon as possible and leaving fixing it to patches at a later date. And it seems that now they're not even doing that. Devs just don't care about their finished product any more, and either not buying or returning the products really is the only way of sending a clear message that we're not going to put up with it.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in any other industry - when you buy a TV from a store and it's broken or defective out of the box, you take it back to the store. The store sold you the defective product, and they then take it up with the manufacturer. If there are extreme cases where the store can't provide you with a refund or a replacement, you can take it up with the manufacturer yourself. Most products have a manufacturer's guarantee (despite what stores tell you, trying to sell you their own guarantee on top of it).

For some reason, in the videogames industry - as well as other electronic/digital industries - there seems to be this unspoken assumption that the same rules don't apply, simply becuase it's digital.
The stance seems to be, now, that a "fault" with a bought video game would be a scratched disc, or a download code that doesn't work, etc etc. It seems to be taken as read that if the game runs, then it's "working", despite what virtual content on the disc is or is not working. It's like, "Oh, those are just bad aspects of the game" - in other words, it's a "bad game", rather than a broken one.

I for one think this is bull****, broken is broken, whether it's broken plastic or broken code, if I've paid for either or both then I damn well expect them to work.

I'm going to take DE: HR - DC back to the store I bought it from next weekend, but I know for a fact the people behind the counter are going to tell me that these things do not constitue "broken" or "faulty" - "The Smartglass doesn't work? That's just how the dev has released it, the game is what it is." "It doesn't install? But it still runs - that's not a good enough reason for a refund..." they'll say. It's like if the fault exists in ALL copies of the game, then it's somehow validated as not qualifying as an actual "fault".

johnston
28th Oct 2013, 19:50
I'm going to take DE: HR - DC back to the store I bought it from next weekend, but I know for a fact the people behind the counter are going to tell me that these things do not constitue "broken" or "faulty" - "The Smartglass doesn't work? That's just how the dev has released it, the game is what it is." "It doesn't install? But it still runs - that's not a good enough reason for a refund..." they'll say. It's like if the fault exists in ALL copies of the game, then it's somehow validated as not qualifying as an actual "fault".

Strangely, when I bought my copy (and this was a giant Gamestop, that had only received four copies, lending to the theory that Square broke the street date or something along that line), the guy made it very clear that I could return the copy as a new game (stuck a new/sealed sticker and wrote something on the receipt)… kind of raised his eyebrows a bit… almost as though he knew something was up with this release.

Raider of Souls
28th Oct 2013, 21:39
I've heard a person who bought the DC on Amazon successfully return it, citing launch bugs as the reason why.

Raptor 826
29th Oct 2013, 00:56
Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff but I was curious if anyone has experienced Deus ex HR Directors cut freezing up their xbox on the mission where you have to redirect the gas flow in the missing link section of the game? Mine freezes every time I bring up the inventory screen or try to change weapon. At first I thought it was a corrupt save data but this wasnt the case. It freezes in the same spot all the time, the room full of prisoners with the security tower in the middle.

johnston
29th Oct 2013, 02:22
I haven't gotten that far, but I just got to the mission where you have to find Sandoval… and right when I opened the door to trigger the cutscene with Sandoval (in the sewers), it went to a black screen, froze the xbox; had to hard reboot.

Raptor 826
29th Oct 2013, 06:36
That happened with me too.

Maiden Ty One
29th Oct 2013, 17:49
5 days and still not even a WORD on a patch...this isn't looking good, guys.

Raider of Souls
29th Oct 2013, 18:52
Yeah, they should have said something by now.

johnston
29th Oct 2013, 19:18
Part of me thinks they just fubared the whole two disc thing, release date, game ID in the xbox system, etc, and just wanted to grab some quick cash… As others have stated, they released it early so next-gen sales wouldn't cannabalize these versions, but they didn't really have any intention of supporting them. Just pushed them out the door, unfinished.

As someone else mentioned, a dashboard update would likely be needed to fix one of the problems (with two disc installation), etc, and I don't see it happening over a game that, according to some vendors, isn't even released yet.

The fact that they haven't even said a peep about any of this, is incredible. Nearly ALL the features that differentiate the Director's Cut from the original version are unusable or absent, plus the additional bugs and quirks (no install, in-game bugs, etc). And yet they're selling it to people who already own the game AND DLC, for $30!

And not so much as a tiny announcement of "we're looking into this", or anything along that line? Really?

This entire thing WREAKS of class action lawsuit, and they deserve it. I've never seen such a big mess so poorly handled. Good thing I've got this handy law license… I may just look into this.

Maiden Ty One
29th Oct 2013, 19:23
I've never seen such a big mess so poorly handled.

Well....Aliens: Colonial Marines....but this is a close second.

P4NCH0theD0G
29th Oct 2013, 20:59
And not so much as a tiny announcement of "we're looking into this", or anything along that line? Really?

Yeah. Really... Oh, wait:

Seconded.

Hey Everyone,

Those three are from this thread. Two Moderators, and Emile Pedneault, Chief Designer of the DX DC.

Don't get me wrong, complain where it is due, but at least look at the thread before saying that something reeks...

johnston
29th Oct 2013, 21:21
Yeah. Really... Oh, wait:

Those three are from this thread. Two Moderators, and Emile Pedneault, Chief Designer of the DX DC.

Don't get me wrong, complain where it is due, but at least look at the thread before saying that something reeks...

True, good points, but a few replies to one thread in a forum (that is about to migrate to a new forum) is not really an announcement. They should make a formal PR announcement; it should be news on IGN, etc; I think that would make it a bit more "official", no? It would mean the company as a whole has acknowledged there are problems and that they are actively working to fix them. Maybe even shed a little light into the whats and whys of these problems, since they're very strange (not merely the kind of usual in-game bugs); I think that would pacify people a lot.

Raider of Souls
30th Oct 2013, 18:04
Actually, they have only acknowledged there are problems and they are looking into them. But are they going to fix them, like the HDD install? Without an official announcement--even a week after the game came out--I'm starting to have my doubts.

Well, we finally got our answers in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

And you're not gonna like the answer:
(360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

This answer boggles my mind, because the 360 does allow two disc installations. Games like Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 are split across 2 discs that can be installed. I'm sure there are several more as well.

Since the Director's Cut is unplayable on my 360, I will proceed to return it. I suggest others with my problem to do the same.

johnston
1st Nov 2013, 18:36
Well, we finally got our answers in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

And you're not gonna like the answer:
(360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

This answer boggles my mind, because the 360 does allow two disc installations. Games like Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 are split across 2 discs that can be installed. I'm sure there are several more as well.

Since the Director's Cut is unplayable on my 360, I will proceed to return it. I suggest others with my problem to do the same.

Yeah, that is completely bogus. I've installed many two-game discs… There's just something about the way they programmed it that's making it not an option.

The whole "sharing the ID" with the original game (in response to Achievements) pretty much explains the SmartGlass and other issues.

They really just botched this, completely.

Ya know what kills me the most? Listening to some of the developer commentary, where they talk about stuff they were going to do, and had like 90% finished, but cut out of the game (like upper Hengsha)… Wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity to put this BACK in the game? Wouldn't that really make it a "Director's Cut"?

All I've seen so far from this "Director's Cut", vs the original, is that

1) You can't install it to the hard drive
2) It has developer commentary
3) Marginally different boss fights
4) Sort-of-fixed energy recharge/usage system
5) Bad texture popup due to streaming from the DVD

All the stuff I really bought it for is broken or missing…

-Smartglass/Second Screen
-"Upgraded graphics"
-New Achievements etc
-Didn't some marketing material mention new augs?
-Something better than the original

If they'd announced that the CD Install would be fixed, I might have held on to it just to get to hear the commentary. But without even any hope of that, I'm definitely returning my copy :(

DTrunks
1st Nov 2013, 23:48
I registered just to say that I have never played this game. I wanted to, so I bought the director's cut since it promised to be the definitive version. To find out its broken... completely, and the dev's have no intention of fixing it is really disappointing.

The worst part is, I called Microsoft Support, they weren't really aware of the game, and the only record they have is of the original version. It seems this would be an easy fix; just give them a new Game ID(?), with the new achievements, same as the PS3 version.

I've been keeping mine factory sealed for the past week in case this happened. I'll be taking it back tomorrow as well.

Raider of Souls
2nd Nov 2013, 00:00
You could buy the vanilla version seeing as you never played the game before. Really cheap now and at least you can install that version to the hard drive.

johnston
2nd Nov 2013, 01:19
You could buy the vanilla version seeing as you never played the game before. Really cheap now and at least you can install that version to the hard drive.

Agreed. And if you buy the downloadable one from the XBL store, you get all the DLC except the Missing Link add-on (the Augmented Pack, Explosive Pack, whatever)

Grasser
2nd Nov 2013, 02:08
So basically the game doesn't exist in Microsoft's eyes?
how will they patch it then? arrrg, why did I buy the xbox360 copy of the director's cut, should had waited and seen which platform was the best to buy on, Gotta stop Pre-ordering games!
At least I haven't opened the wrapper on it yet and the seal, might be able to get most of my money back on it.

Maiden Ty One
2nd Nov 2013, 13:33
That is absolutely disgusting - they just gave us a bare-faced LIE!

I mean, do they think we're all stupid?! Like we're just not going to notice the myriad of 2 Disc 360 games that can be installed?!

They obviously have no respect for their customers whatsoever. I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a patch, but not after that - not after blatantly LYING to us about the problem to get out of actually DOING anything about it.

We all know what's going on here; they're weighing up the cost of patching it vs the cost of leaving it as it is. To fix the install problem would require participation from Microsoft, and Microsoft are busy in crunch time working on the Xbox One....We're not stupid, Square Enix.

I'm taking mine back to the store as soon as I post this. The thought of those con artists getting MY money for this is making my blood boil.

Maiden Ty One
2nd Nov 2013, 14:40
As predicted, my store (Game) refused to refund the game - said its not their responsibility if the content of the game itself is faulty. Pathetic. Well, I won't be buying any more Square Enix games in future - and I'm going to discourage as many people as I can from buying them.

rslifka
2nd Nov 2013, 18:44
That is absolutely disgusting - they just gave us a bare-faced LIE! I mean, do they think we're all stupid?! Like we're just not going to notice the myriad of 2 Disc 360 games that can be installed?!

You have to read between the lines a bit. They know we know. Gaming forums aren't where non-gamers hang out.

It's another way of saying, "We're not going to fix this".

johnston
2nd Nov 2013, 20:19
Screw these guys… This was a total money grab to sell the 360 version at all. Class action lawsuit time!

HERESY
2nd Nov 2013, 21:55
As predicted, my store (Game) refused to refund the game - said its not their responsibility if the content of the game itself is faulty. Pathetic. Well, I won't be buying any more Square Enix games in future - and I'm going to discourage as many people as I can from buying them.

I would have asked to see another game of equal value, held it and walked straight out of the store while leaving the DC on the counter.

It's one thing to return a game because you don't like it but if it is broken and missing features they need to refund your money and take it up with the publisher.

Maiden Ty One
3rd Nov 2013, 11:42
Yeah, but they're not going to give me an ACTUAL game to look at, are they. They'll just give me an empty box from the shelf...

I know, as I said before, when it comes to digital content it seems the same rules don't apply anymore; if its the content ON the disc that's broken, then that's classed as a "bad game", rather than a broken one. I'm not talking about the odd flickering texture or broken audio file, those are fine....but yeah, this release just goes over that line, for me.

Was playing it the other night, walked into a room in Detroit, had to wait 20 seconds for the entire room to pop into existence. I'm now starting to pretend to myself that it's Jensen's eye augments glitching rather than the actual game :rolleyes:

HERESY
3rd Nov 2013, 22:14
Yeah, but they're not going to give me an ACTUAL game to look at, are they. They'll just give me an empty box from the shelf...[quote]

Not at the stores I frequent. Empty boxes are on the shelves but if you say you want to purchase a game they pretty much get it and put it on the counter.

[quote]I know, as I said before, when it comes to digital content it seems the same rules don't apply anymore; if its the content ON the disc that's broken, then that's classed as a "bad game", rather than a broken one. I'm not talking about the odd flickering texture or broken audio file, those are fine....but yeah, this release just goes over that line, for me.

Was playing it the other night, walked into a room in Detroit, had to wait 20 seconds for the entire room to pop into existence. I'm now starting to pretend to myself that it's Jensen's eye augments glitching rather than the actual game :rolleyes:

It's sad. Game developers and publishers pull stunts like this (Skyrim, Aliens Colonial Marianes, etc) and then go nuts when people buy used games.

Maiden Ty One
4th Nov 2013, 18:16
Not at the stores I frequent. Empty boxes are on the shelves but if you say you want to purchase a game they pretty much get it and put it on the counter.

I see what you mean; if they think I'm literally about to pay for it, then yeah, they might hand over an actual game. Only thing is I live like right across the road from my Game store; I can actually see it from here out the window as I'm typing this. And I've got a store loyalty (that's right, "loyalty", lol) card so they know exactly where I live. So probably wouldn't get away with it for very long :/

LegionOfFlames
5th Nov 2013, 04:45
Totally made an account just to come on here and say something about the no-install on 360 thing. Glad to see it's not just me... saddened to see they truly think to feed us some B.S. about no multi-disc install on Xbox. Really hope they do something about all this.

It's weird... don't think I've ever seen a game go so far much backwards in an "updated" version. Original vanilla got me quickly, love everything about it, the look and feel and just... pretty much everything. Few bugs but whatever. Kinda can't help but laugh a bit at the "definitive collection" being so backwards from the original and full of bugs you'd think they had nailed out early on.

Oh well, here's hopin for fixes.

gonderk
6th Nov 2013, 07:44
Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff but I was curious if anyone has experienced Deus ex HR Directors cut freezing up their xbox on the mission where you have to redirect the gas flow in the missing link section of the game? Mine freezes every time I bring up the inventory screen or try to change weapon. At first I thought it was a corrupt save data but this wasnt the case. It freezes in the same spot all the time, the room full of prisoners with the security tower in the middle.

I have the same problem right now!!!! this is unplayable!!!, the game corrupt my saved games too:mad2::mad2::mad2:!!!!

JasperWhite
6th Nov 2013, 09:21
I have the same problem right now!!!! this is unplayable!!!, the game corrupt my saved games too:mad2::mad2::mad2:!!!!

Yip me too, same place and also at the top of that section. please fix this.

JasperWhite
6th Nov 2013, 09:30

I have just encountered the exact same issue, and also about 10 freezes at the top of that section... i'm now to afraid of touching anything or playing on. If you find a way through let me know!

Grasser
6th Nov 2013, 13:38
so the xbox360 version has as many ingame bugs as the ps3 and pc versions?
as well as the no install.
Also those with the xbox360 copy, how many times do you hafta swap the disc while playing it?

gonderk
6th Nov 2013, 19:35
I want an answer from eidos team! I can not complete the game freezes every 5 minutes

RoguePaladin
7th Nov 2013, 06:41
I just bought it today. I'm running Smartglass on an iPad 2 with iOS7 and getting the same thing; Smartglass thinks it's the regular version of Deus Ex Human Revolution. I can't get past the first keypad because nothing happens on my iPad at all.

Raider of Souls
7th Nov 2013, 09:18
UPDATED ANSWER FROM QUESTIONS THREAD

Q: (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
A: The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.

This pretty much kills any hope of it being patched. This was by design. At least they are honest now.

Link: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

TheMuffin
8th Nov 2013, 16:18
So disappointed with all of this. I was about to start this game tonight and figured I'd check online to see how to use the SmartGlass features. Found this topic. Just initiated a return to Amazon of my copy. If Eidos does indeed fix all of these issues in the future I will gladly pick it back up, but as someone who has been awaiting this release since it was announced and was even considering getting a WiiU for it originally, I cannot fully explain how disappointed I am with this whole muck up. Get your stuff together folks.

Raider of Souls
8th Nov 2013, 18:13
So disappointed with all of this. I was about to start this game tonight and figured I'd check online to see how to use the SmartGlass features. Found this topic. Just initiated a return to Amazon of my copy. If Eidos does indeed fix all of these issues in the future I will gladly pick it back up, but as someone who has been awaiting this release since it was announced and was even considering getting a WiiU for it originally, I cannot fully explain how disappointed I am with this whole muck up. Get your stuff together folks.

I'm in the same boat, or... I was in the same boat. Amazon just finished processing my refund and with the updated answer that the Director's Cut for the Xbox 360 intentionally does not support disc installation, I consider this matter over and I will move on to other games.

Maiden Ty One
10th Nov 2013, 19:13
What annoys me is they say it's deliberate, but they don't say WHY! I mean, if they provided a logical reason, as in "The DC version has X feature and said feature can't work from hard drive.", then it might be excusable - well, it wouldn't, 'cause there IS no reason running off the hard drive could cause a problem, as if anything it just makes runing the game easier, but there we go.

Regarding the game freezing, I recently had the game freeze right around the gas section of Missing Link - but it only did it the once for me, after restarting the Xbox I managed to get through that bit without it freezing again - guess I got lucky.

Maiden Ty One
10th Nov 2013, 19:22
Oh, and I've noticed another technical issue; in the conversation cut-scenes, the camera jumps from one angle to another every 3/4 seconds. One second it's facing a character at eye level, the next it's slightly higher and skeward, then a second later it's back to how it was. It's like it can't decide which angle it wants to look from. I don't remember this happening in the vanilla version, but I could be wrong.

Any one else noticed this problem?

neveraskedforthis
11th Nov 2013, 00:48
Oh, and I've noticed another technical issue; in the conversation cut-scenes, the camera jumps from one angle to another every 3/4 seconds. One second it's facing a character at eye level, the next it's slightly higher and skeward, then a second later it's back to how it was. It's like it can't decide which angle it wants to look from. I don't remember this happening in the vanilla version, but I could be wrong.

I noticed this during a couple of cut scenes in the PS3 version.

johnston
12th Nov 2013, 22:51

I noticed this too, back before I dropped the game. I definitely don't remember those quick camera angle changes during conversations. It's either something they added, or something they "added back" from an older beta of the game (as we've heard some of the boss fights were, etc). Either way, it doesn't look as smooth as the vanilla version; it has a jarring effect.

Raptor 826
12th Nov 2013, 23:55
I have just encountered the exact same issue, and also about 10 freezes at the top of that section... i'm now to afraid of touching anything or playing on. If you find a way through let me know!

I had to give up with it in the end, nothing seemed to work it just kept freezing on the same spot whatever I tried.

Raptor 826
13th Nov 2013, 00:02

Glad to know its not just my copy, really pissed about it. I was unable to continue the game because of this.

PScheffer
13th Nov 2013, 12:27
Just wanted to post that I have the same problems as stated in the first comment in this thread.

- Smartglass doesn't work
- Game is not recognized as being the director's cut version
- cannot be installed

However when logged in with Smartglass, the game does not show the hacking screens etc on the TV, but it shows the first person perspective from the back of how Jensen is standing. So, the game knows the smartglass is hooked up, but smartglass itself doesn't react at all.

Puck2dag
19th Nov 2013, 16:21
Is the smartglass functionality ever going to be fixed?

johnston
19th Nov 2013, 16:53
Is the smartglass functionality ever going to be fixed?

Take a guess. The game's been out forever and they've made two official statements, neither of which promise to fix anything. They screwed us; that's already been established.

Unless someone has new news or technical info (like why this version got so screwed up) stop posting stupid/repeated questions; just take it back for a refund already.

Snake2410
19th Nov 2013, 19:34
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

Read the first posts. They ARE working on it. They just patched the PC version so no reason why consoles wouldn't get patched. They may just be holding off on patching all these problems until they can patch them all at once or to make sure they get the stuff that needs patching the most on consoles, smart glass and whatnot, before releasing it. Or it could already be in certification. The problem is a lack of updates from the devs, they should be represented on here better and give weekly updates or something.

retribution83
20th Nov 2013, 10:06
At least you guys can actually play the game, I play for around 5 minuites before the game freezes and my Xbox locks up forcing me to reset it, this happens constantly too, not just once or twice.
It's not acceptable to release a game that does not work, how can the game be so messed up from adding a little content to it...

johnston
20th Nov 2013, 19:43
I'm guessing it was a combination of 1) rushing it out (before the next-gen console releases) to get more sales, before it was finished and had passed QA fully, and 2) outsourcing – laziness with sharing the Xbox game ID, etc

Dazhazed
21st Nov 2013, 22:00
Add another person to the list who had to deal with the game crashing in the Missing Link (prison section) during the save the prisoners or the scientist part.

-Pulling out weapon/switching can cause a hard crash

-looking in menus or saving caused it to crash

(pretty sure getting an achievement caused me to also to crash in that area or just really lagged the game)

Four of my saves got messed up after crashing (was worried I had lost my game) after getting back on the 4 save games (after pressing A to continue pass the load screen) the screen would stay black and nothing would work.

I was lucky enough a save outside the area worked but now I'm going to be worried the rest of the game may end up crashing and cause the saves to be corrupted :(

JasperWhite
28th Nov 2013, 14:53
Well i suppose that's it then, i've bought a broken game with no hope of a fix, very nice.

In future i think i will wait a month or so and check forums for game issues before buying, and by that time purchase pre-owned at a reduced price, and that goes for Thief.

Belmont
28th Nov 2013, 18:44
Well i suppose that's it then, i've bought a broken game with no hope of a fix, very nice.

In future i think i will wait a month or so and check forums for game issues before buying, and by that time purchase pre-owned at a reduced price, and that goes for Thief.

I know what are you talking about. It's better think twice before buying the next games.

PC version is a mess too (and they even removed the original version from the Steam store. So for people that don't have the game, the only option is to buy this new garbage DC version).

Nice way to ruining a great game and make some extra money.

Where is that "passion" that the developers did show and talked about so much on the "making-of documentary" of the game. :thud:

Puck2dag
18th Dec 2013, 00:35
Take a guess. The game's been out forever and they've made two official statements, neither of which promise to fix anything. They screwed us; that's already been established.

Unless someone has new news or technical info (like why this version got so screwed up) stop posting stupid/repeated questions; just take it back for a refund already.

Ok that's cool ********

PScheffer
3rd Feb 2014, 20:23
Still absolute dead silence from the developers is unacceptable. The game by now has such a bad reputation that every seller is trying to get rid of them with ridiculously low prices.

I just want to state here that as a game journalist I'm going to write a big article, being extremely disappointed in the absolute disgraceful and outrageous matter in which especially loyal Deus Ex fans get screwed over. If someone had said: "Well sorry, but we will not and cannot fix this"... that would have been an even better way of treating your customer.

A LOT of people in this thread have stated very clearly and politely all the problems and pointed everything out, trying to help as much as possible. One reaction that "we are looking into it... etc" a couple of months back, apparently was all there is to say?

JasperWhite
10th Feb 2014, 12:44

Just a little update: I went back to the game just recently and managed to get past this section, god only knows what i did differently, but i did get through... and had no issues right to the end. Sweet.

I just thought i would let you know in case you have completely given up on it.

BaconTacos
19th Feb 2014, 23:34

I noticed this too and from the looks of it these are the same camera positions/timing as the Missing Link DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ih1eHBnPpg

You'll notice it in this video. I guess they just brought that camera and replaced the vanilla version.

SonOfSparda
9th Apr 2014, 17:59
Finally, my copy of DE:HR DC for x360 has arrived. What a disappointment that it cannot be installed.. that texture delay. I wondered why it had the same price as A:CM (6,50€)... and I though they wanted just to get rid of the few letfovers. At least I did not pay a lot more for it though.

btw I found they've released patch for it, was it on xbox version also? because my xbox was not downloading anything.

gr3821
15th Apr 2014, 22:22
The patch as far as I know was only for the PC version. Eidos Montreal havn't said anything about a patch for the Xbox 360 version. They have seemingly abandoned the game on consoles.

bacmanni
27th May 2014, 14:47
*sigh* Seems like they have. It's pretty sad that I couldn't even play the game that I had bought because it cannot be installed on hd. Looks like I have to be more careful when buying games made by Eidos :|

SocomXStealth
27th Jul 2014, 01:02
may be a longshot but w/e. after coming back to detroit after highland park, im getting a freezing problem. in the alley next to the court the game always freezes and i have to restart my 360. i read somewhere it could be a background nosie that triggers it so i changed all the audio settings to zero but still nothing. now im gonna try re-downloading the game

i think there' sa fix for the pc game, but not for 360. and looks like they stopped supporting this game anyway lol

KevinStriker
19th Dec 2014, 08:41
So I basically joined the forum just to ask:
Has anyone actually beaten Director's Cut on 360? Honestly, 'cause every time I play, my game either crashes during The Missing Link where I have to save the scientists, OR my game freezes when loading a save game in The Missing Link. It's been months since I played Director's Cut and I never bothered to try and finish it, simply because I got so fed up with the crashing.

sunm4n
30th Jun 2016, 16:59
So I contacted the support team regarding a patch and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

That information has not yet been announced or we are not able to comment at this time. Please stay up to date on our website (http://na.square-enix.com) for up to date information on our titles (both current and upcoming). We apologize we cannot assist further at this time.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.