PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: The Fall for the android tablets

DKDivine
23rd Oct 2013, 13:52
Has anyone heard if and when the android based version of Deus Ex: The Fall will be released?
I heard the IOS version had some stability issues causing the game to crash or quit unexpected.
I had previously seen posted that the game would be released in an android version in September 2013.
It may be that they are working to resolve the stability issues prior to an android release, which I hope is the case.
Please comment...Anyone..
Thanks!

ig123
28th Nov 2013, 17:07
bump

Psychomorph
2nd Dec 2013, 08:13
Guess the answer is no.

besyuziki
8th Dec 2013, 09:54
Investors should stop acting like little kids in a toy store, demanding from devs whatever the **** is flavor of the month. The Deus Ex franchise belongs on PC and home consoles, and just because mobile platforms are getting some juice nowadays doesn't mean an unispired Deus Ex rush job will be successful on those platforms.

Now we have concrete evidence, but for Squeenix's sake, I wish they could see it before.

Dr_Bob
11th Dec 2013, 10:27
I've been waiting for this game for a long time now, just like everyone else.

The lack of communication from EM on the Android release is a little frustrating.

Shralla
11th Dec 2013, 22:21
Oh wow, it still isn't out? Guess we know how well it sold.

HyronAlpha
21st Jan 2014, 11:44
Damn shame if you ask me. Played it on the iPad and thought it was actually good. I was especially surprised that the gameplay was actually very decent. Story was alright and the soundtrack (much of it borrowed from HR) was excellent of course.

Real shame to see the Android version supposedly being abondoned. Why don't they just port it to PC and sell it as a DLC for DE: HR?

Shralla
21st Jan 2014, 21:04
Still not out, still hilarious.

Freyja
21st Jan 2014, 22:55
Tomorrow, you guys. 12 hours. It's finally happening! :worship:

Darthassin
22nd Jan 2014, 07:48
I willl believe it when I see it.

Freyja
22nd Jan 2014, 09:55
Behold! (http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Deus-Ex-The-Fall-Android?theme=deusex)

-Neon-
22nd Jan 2014, 21:32
Sweet! Not that I think my Galaxy S Blaze will run it.

besyuziki
25th Jan 2014, 14:13
Well? What's the verdict?

sonicsidewinder
26th Jan 2014, 15:01
Tried it on an Xperia S. Hooked it up to the TV via HDMI cable for a larger image.

There's a bit of slowdown. The sound is a bit clicky. Controlls are a bit annoying but functional.

It keeps turning off after a while of play. Overheating? No graphics settings, but you can change up the UI segments anyway you like as you can with most emulators.

Would rather play on a proper handheld/console/PC. Though I assume you could go about using one of those gaming docking stations to make it better...

vecima
27th Jan 2014, 03:05
PLEASE add controller support. I like the game so far, but I want to use my ps3 controller... I have a special cord that hooks the ps3 controller up to my galaxy note 2, and playing games on that is SOOO much better than the touch controls.

again, PLEASE add controller support, especially so that this can be played on android consoles like ouya and shield, and so folks like me can use their ps3 controllers.

Tecman
28th Jan 2014, 11:43
Tried it on an Xperia S.

The sound is a bit clicky.
Really? I've also got an Xperia S and I get no sound whatsoever. :(