PDA

View Full Version : "Dual Screen" function on PC version of Director's Cut is missing

Gene Jacket
23rd Oct 2013, 05:59
The 360 version has SmartGlass.
The PS3 version has Vita.
The Wii U version has the Gamepad.

The PC version has...nothing, apparently.

The manual states:
"Play Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director’s Cut in the ultimate
Dual Screen experience. By connecting and using Intel® software
technology with your PC, the game will automatically shift to a Dual
Screen mode. It’s up to you to choose how you use the Dual Screen
experience. Control the whole game using only your smartphone or
keep your keyboard & mouse and use the second screen to complete
your hacks and navigate in the menus. More information about the
Dual Screen mode can be found in the Options menu in game."

Yet, there is no "Dual Screen" setting under the options menu. There is no info about it on the website and I see no posted threads asking about it. I have looked everywhere, asked the question on every gaming site I frequent and not a single person seem to know anything about it, at all

Is the "Dual Screen" feature coming to the PC/Steam version and simply wasn't ready in time, or was it cut entirely?

If a mod could find out and get some actual details, I'm sure many would greatly appreciate it.

Cherrs!

neonfish
23rd Oct 2013, 10:19
we PC gamer get the DC cheaper.thats it.

Mechcondrid
23rd Oct 2013, 13:41
ok it would help if people actually think about things and do at least some research on their own.....
the pc does have a second screen function it for some reason however is not active, if you'd actually looking in the game directory there is a zip called dxhrhtml it contains a html file and a javascript file both of which call home to http://origin.sqexeu.com/files/dxhrgcs/ this page looks like a generic second screen with touch sensitivity meant for tablets or phones of either android or generic webkit5 utilization. i have yet to figure out how to activate its functions however... this seems to be in part at least due to a jquery error when attempting to find a jquery.min.map file or function

Gene Jacket
23rd Oct 2013, 23:33
when you search the site on google, it shows as this:

Controller Prototype
origin.sqexeu.com/files/dxhrgcs/‎ (http://origin.sqexeu.com/files/dxhrgcs/‎)
CREDITS 0 NEXT PRAXIS 0 TOTAL XP 0

So, it will obviously be host to something for the game, but I still have not found any concrete info on when and if these featureswill be available on the PC version.

Mechcondrid
24th Oct 2013, 01:44
well as far as my digging has brought up the client side is all set its the webserver that needs either completion or activation of underlying function calls

Gene Jacket
24th Oct 2013, 05:24
I contacted customer service earlier today and asked about it, I'll update if/when they get back to me.

Jerion
24th Oct 2013, 18:57
We're watching these issues and passing them along. Answers may be forthcoming soon-ish.

epedneault
24th Oct 2013, 20:12
Hey everyone,

Don't worry it has NOT been cut, it's just not out yet.
Intel has revealed the Technology which you can follow here:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html
We will announce as soon as it is out!

Gene Jacket
24th Oct 2013, 22:57
Hey everyone,

Don't worry it has NOT been cut, it's just not out yet.
Intel has revealed the Technology which you can follow here:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html
We will announce as soon as it is out!

So, according to that link the feature will only support Intel processors, meaning AMD users (like myself) will not be able to take advantage of it, is that correct?

If so, that's highly disappointing.

Mechcondrid
24th Oct 2013, 23:33
well to be honest in recent years intel has become the powerhouse that amd once was; at least in terms of gaming.
i used to use exclusively amd tech in my pcs but as of late 2011 through early to mid 2012 i've noticed in raw gaming power intel is starting and continuing to push the balance back in it's favor, especially in new technologies (like intel widi, and this new screen control tech which btw relies on intel widi's and mywifi's USBoIP tech/software)
anyway i mean no fanboy-ism by this post i'm simply making an objective observation on both brands

Gene Jacket
25th Oct 2013, 02:07
well to be honest in recent years intel has become the powerhouse that amd once was; at least in terms of gaming.
i used to use exclusively amd tech in my pcs but as of late 2011 through early to mid 2012 i've noticed in raw gaming power intel is starting and continuing to push the balance back in it's favor, especially in new technologies (like intel widi, and this new screen control tech which btw relies on intel widi's and mywifi's USBoIP tech/software)
anyway i mean no fanboy-ism by this post i'm simply making an objective observation on both brands

Still, going by Steams user hardware stats, AMD processors are present in 26% of users. Meaning 1/4th of users can't use the Dual-Screen functions. A small amount, to be sure, but not insignificant.

Jerion
25th Oct 2013, 02:19
Still, going by Steams user hardware stats, AMD processors are present in 26% of users. Meaning 1/4th of users can't use the Dual-Screen functions. A small amount, to be sure, but not insignificant.

Does AMD have a comparable technology in their CPU lines?

Gene Jacket
25th Oct 2013, 03:30
Does AMD have a comparable technology in their CPU lines?

I honestly have no idea, though I can't imagine something like this would be that difficult to get running on AMD systems. None of the console versions are reliant on an Intel processor, and the feature works fine, so I'm a little suspicious as to why the PC version is any different.

I don't really understand why the CPU has anything to do with this at all, when I'd imagine the phone/tablet specs would be more important. I suppose I'll have to wait for the eventual fan-made mod to work out what an official release can't or won't.

Caribou007
25th Oct 2013, 03:59
We're watching these issues and passing them along. Answers may be forthcoming soon-ish.

Will we, (PC users), also be getting the built-in strategy guide, advertised on www.deusex.com/directorscut?

There is a healthy discussion happening at the Steam discussion forums. I hope someone at Eidos watches those forums too. http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/

CrisSpiegel
25th Oct 2013, 12:52
I don't get why Eidos has to wait for Intel to release that technology. We should be able to have alternatives, even if not ideal and/or laggy, at least in order to have the feature out of the box. Otherwise, there should be a big disclaimer in the trailers or somewhere else telling us "secondary screen won't be ready for PC and Mac at the time of launching".

(Was there a disclaimer?) :scratch:

I know it would be clunky, but I wish I could use my laptop as secondary screen until my new mobile phone arrives. And yeah, I use AMD. I've never bought an Intel CPU. Not because I'd not like to, but because AMD has been more affordable (both CPU and MoBo. Even my laptop is AMD).

:( :( :(

epedneault
25th Oct 2013, 20:13
So, according to that link the feature will only support Intel processors, meaning AMD users (like myself) will not be able to take advantage of it, is that correct?

No no, it's an Intel website, they talk about requirement based on their own product..

The application's core performance was verified on Intel Processors, but it does install and run on AMDs. You are not locked out of the application if you don't have their silicon.

Galatele
25th Oct 2013, 23:12
No no, it's an Intel website, they talk about requirement based on their own product..

The application's core performance was verified on Intel Processors, but it does install and run on AMDs. You are not locked out of the application if you don't have their silicon.

Hi there èmile;) good to hear that i thought it would be intel only. So if we get the dual screen option do we also get the new augmentation (Tactical pattern recognition system) the new grenade throwback feature, map editing for the PC? I hope so because i was really anticipated for those elements and i am honestly disappointed that we didn't get it. I hope you read this:)

Greetings galatele

Gene Jacket
26th Oct 2013, 01:00

Well certainly great to hear!

If I may ask, were the Dual-Screen features simply not ready in time to ship with the game? And if so, why hasn't there been any official word about that particular feature for the PC version?

CrisSpiegel
26th Oct 2013, 01:35

Thank you for clarifying that. Good to know. But will we really need that specific software?

beyondtool
26th Oct 2013, 06:41
I can't help but feel misled that the dual screen is not working and there does not seem to be any indication of when this Intel software will become available, Eidos need to immediately fix the steam description page so users are aware of this. It beggars belief that the crappy low res videos in Deus EX are still not fixed and the animations are stilted like cardboard cutouts, it's 2013 folks. In fact I'm having a hard time seeing what has been changed in the game at all. I thought $5 was a fair price to original owners, but I'm not feeling like I got $5 worth of value at this stage.:scratch:

Shralla
26th Oct 2013, 08:02
This is not going well.

Franubis
26th Oct 2013, 17:42
Glad to hear that you are still trying to bring Dual Screen to the PC version of the game... but I am a bit worried by the lack of contact from Eidos (we are aware that you listen to our concerns and commentaries —otherwise, you would not have edited such things as the gold filter—).

I think it would be better if you explained about this current issue with the Second Screen tech not only in the forums, but also in the product page in Steam.

But still can't wait to get my copy on monday.

Andii.Stephensen
27th Oct 2013, 07:38
The Intel Screen option is a great feature but the lack of a release date is a disappointment to those who wanted to get the full experience of this immersive upgrade. I can't wait to see what this feature will bring for PC users and i want to see how well it contends with the actual gameplay of the original Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Please give us an approximate release date for Intel Screen software and not keep us in the dark about this please, this is to keep the peace between those who feel ripped off or betrayed by this incomplete released feature!!!

//UPDATE// I decided to look in the ingame manual provided by steam and i have found this out. The Dual screen option is only available when Intel releases the Intel Screen Option. The second screen is provided only with tablets and Mobile devices, it is not a dual monitor feature. Until the feature is release, this will not arrive in any upcoming patch. I hope this clarifies any conflict between lack of support for this game or within the thread, i have listed the manual information below

"Play Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director’s Cut in the ultimate Dual Screen experience. By connecting and using Intel® software technology with your PC, the game will automatically shift to a Dual Screen mode. It’s up to you to choose how you use the Dual Screen experience. Control the whole game using only your smartphone or keep your keyboard & mouse and use the second screen to complete your hacks and navigate in the menus. More information about the Dual Screen mode can be found in the Options menu in game"

Note. Intel Screen is for Intel and AMD chipsets, dont think AMD Users will be left out when it comes to the mobile visual experience for Android/IOS Devices

Franubis
27th Oct 2013, 09:09
Please give us an approximate release date for Intel Screen software or enable the dual screen feature that is missing entirely from the main game.

This, so much... I mean, it isn't a deal-breaker, but it surely makes it up for paying twice for a very similar game and can balance the fanbase's opinion a bit torwards the DC.

Just a line of text saying "before 2014" or something along these lines would be much appreciated and will surely make a difference from being left in the dark waiting for the feature.

edhel1138
29th Oct 2013, 09:03
I can't help but feel misled that the dual screen is not working and there does not seem to be any indication of when this Intel software will become available, Eidos need to immediately fix the steam description page so users are aware of this. It beggars belief that the crappy low res videos in Deus EX are still not fixed and the animations are stilted like cardboard cutouts, it's 2013 folks. In fact I'm having a hard time seeing what has been changed in the game at all. I thought $5 was a fair price to original owners, but I'm not feeling like I got $5 worth of value at this stage.:scratch:

I fully agree with @beyondtool. It seems that I have paid twice for the same product. I was very excited about Intel dual screen and control by phone/tablet. There was not a clear disclaimer that the technology is not available yet. Shame :(

epedneault
29th Oct 2013, 16:56
Hey everyone,

The Dual screen will be possible because of Intel who is developing / producing the technology;
That is to say it is in their hands, but I will reach them to have more information.
I will also make the necessary steps for steam description.
Thank you for hinting at that!

Franubis
29th Oct 2013, 20:10
Hey everyone,

The Dual screen will be possible because of Intel who is developing / producing the technology;
That is to say it is in their hands, but I will reach them to have more information.

Oh, thanks for viewing the forums and proving with as much info as possible! I thought at first that it was going to use a different app than other projects developed using Intels' tech.

vb4
31st Oct 2013, 18:54
Wait, this is limited to iOS and Android?
Why the hell would there not be a Windows RT client?

Gene Jacket
7th Nov 2013, 23:22
Wait, this is limited to iOS and Android?
Why the hell would there not be a Windows RT client?

No offense, if it's what you prefer, but likely because there isn't a large enough install base for a Surface version.

Mechcondrid
10th Nov 2013, 01:25
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: no offense but you people really need to learn to read (or at least learn to look for your self)
the second screen for pc is BROWSER based ie it will work with anything with a standard webkit implementation (unsure of minumum version but webkit 5 is referenced in a user agent check)
which means if the surface (pos and a waste of good hardware in my opinion btw) can run or does come with a webkit browser it will work with the second screen function

Psychomorph
13th Nov 2013, 02:23
Aw, this is not gonna end. I waited months for the DC to re-play Human Revolution and now I have to wait, probably months, for the mobile integration. This is harsh.

vallux
13th Nov 2013, 02:29
We'll see what happens with that Intel thing. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the second screen thingamabob, but it'd be cool to play around with.

Psychomorph
13th Nov 2013, 02:31
What handicap you have for not having the second screen? Or is it just a cool feature you can play without? Now that I bought me my first smartphone few months ago I wondered why I actually did that, DXHR DC would be a good reason.

Franubis
13th Nov 2013, 20:14
What handicap you have for not having the second screen? Or is it just a cool feature you can play without? Now that I bought me my first smartphone few months ago I wondered why I actually did that, DXHR DC would be a good reason.

It just feels much more immersive. Being able to hack systems with the phone, using the sniper's scope, and accessing the map through it. But yeah, you can complete the game without it.

GamerNate78
14th Nov 2013, 01:58
i would like to bring out that there is a even better option then waiting for a intell app wich should still be done but what about a adding of the nvidia shield i have one and it is epic and if you added a patch for steam users to be able to stream the gamepad like features too the shield it would be way better and you could incorprate the built in controls for the shield also plz lets see if we can get this :D

Galatele
15th Nov 2013, 20:59
Hey everyone,

Hello Mr pedneault i have got a question regarding to the features you announced for the Director's Cut version of Deus ex Human Revolution. I noticed that some of the features for instance the new augmentation (Tactical-Pattern-Recognition-System), the grenade throwback feature and the map noting feature are missing and yes i know you announced them for the Wii U version but me and many other people are really disappointed because we waited for those features to come and unfortunatly many Deus ex Players including me don't have a Wii U. So i'm asking you could you please do those features for our platforms so we can play Deus ex Human Revolution in its BEST version possible? I would even pay 10-15 Dollars more because the map noting feature for instance reminds me so much of Deus ex 1, where you also could take notes on blueprints of maps and the fact that the map noting feature in Deus ex HR is further improved blew my mind. PLEASE Èmile please bring them on PC and consoles.

Greeting galatele:)

Killah
18th Nov 2013, 19:07
I don't care for the multi screen, i just think since this is your last release of deus ex human revolution, i mean your guys aren't going to reach 2014 releasing a "new" human revolution with one new feature for $5 like you did this time, ok, back to the point, since this is your last release of dxhr, i think it's finally time for you guys to release and SDK
The community is struggling for making mods, but they can't, they've alredy tried an reverse engineered SDK for Deus Ex: Human Revolution
http://code.google.com/p/dxhr-sdk/
but that dind't worked, they alredy tried everything you can think of, deus ex hr would increase so much their sales after you guys release an SDK
see the ArmA II example with DayZ mod, Half-Life mods, skyrim mods, fallout mods, and there it goes..
You guys just need badly to take this comment i just posted here to someone of a high rank on eidos, we need to be heard, we created an topic about the sdk on 2011, i mean, the game is not actually new, it's fairly "old"
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117542
We are ending 2013 now and reaching for 2013, when you guys add this intel technology to the game, you guys could easily release an SDK with steam, im sorry, when i say easily, it's not that i find it EASY, it's just that, i mean the SDK coulda have been released a long time ago, and on this very moment we could be probably playing an Deus Ex 1 Remake on HR engine, or even better, playing the game on Full HD textures.. The possibilities are infinite, do it like you guys did with Deus Ex 1, do not disappoint the gamer community which followed you guys all this path along.
Sincerly,
Killah

vb4
11th Dec 2013, 14:53
No offense, if it's what you prefer, but likely because there isn't a large enough install base for a Surface version.

Windows RT doesn't equal Surface.
It would run on all Windows 8 PCs (Though they rarely have touch screens), as well as all Windows 8 and RT tablets and possibly future Windows Phones. And there's quite a few Win8 tablets by this point.

the second screen for pc is BROWSER based ie it will work with anything with a standard webkit implementation (unsure of minumum version but webkit 5 is referenced in a user agent check)

Where did you get that information?

which means if the surface (pos and a waste of good hardware in my opinion btw) can run or does come with a webkit browser it will work with the second screen function
There's no need for that retarded jab. Windows RT is a direct competitor to iOS and Android and excels in terms of user interface and having a flash-enabled browser. I just wish you wouldn't need a jailbreak to install ARM-compiled Win32 software.
Anyway, IE doesn't run on webkit and RT is locked to that browser. No need for further insult; IE10 and higher is actually good but lacks extensions.
Is there any specific reason to lock it to a certain browser engine? In a few years it might be just as silly as all those tools that are exclusive to IE6. By now I would have expected this kind of short-sighted development to fall out of favor.
Then again, it seems like the development of DXHR was generally on the "traditional" side of things.

Franubis
22nd Dec 2013, 08:31
Can the mods please tell us if this feature is really being implemented? It's just that this lack of feedback from the devs is pretty unsetting...

beyondtool
12th Feb 2014, 12:26
I went to check if Intel had actually released the screen control tech and it seems that it has been pulled from their web site!! I guess it looks like it's never going to happen..

The old page seems to still be there in the Spanish Intel site: http://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html

vb4
12th Feb 2014, 12:28
I went to check if Intel had actually released the screen control tech and it seems that it has been pulled from their web site!! I guess it looks like it's never going to happen..

The old page seems to still be there in the Spanish Intel site: http://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html

Yet another reason to not buy another game from this studio.
I feel like I'm back in the 90s. This kind of non-interaction with customers simply doesn't fly today anymore.

lorian777
9th May 2014, 15:58
hello everyone
I bought the game pc version, apparently the dual screen function is not available for pc users, when we give answer to this issue?

Franubis
9th May 2014, 19:22
hello everyone
I bought the game pc version, apparently the dual screen function is not available for pc users, when we give answer to this issue?

Never, Intel pulled the website A LONG time ago (since January!), and Eidos just keeps on being very vague when answering any complaints made by the fanbase about this issue on PC.

Franubis
1st Aug 2014, 08:04
Can you delete the line of text in the PC manual that references it?

Page 2 of the PDF found in Steam's database:
"DUAL SCREEN

Play Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director’s Cut in the ultimate
Dual Screen experience. By connecting and using Intel® software
technology with your PC, the game will automatically shift to a Dual
Screen mode. It’s up to you to choose how you use the Dual Screen
experience. Control the whole game using only your smartphone or
keep your keyboard & mouse and use the second screen to complete
your hacks and navigate in the menus. More information about the
Dual Screen mode can be found in the Options menu in game."

Doom972
1st Aug 2014, 11:58
Is there any official word on Second Screen for the PC? I didn't even know that they meant to implement it in the PC version. I didn't bother reading the DC manual until you mentioned it.

CyberP
1st Aug 2014, 12:07
It's yet another immersion breaking gimmick anyhow.
Still, round up your pitchforks as you should. I'll watch with popcorn.

Al Capone the gangster had far more honour (http://www.carboncountymagazine.com/CarbonCountyMagazine/2011/2011-08/Articles/Article4.html) than SE/EM.

Franubis
1st Aug 2014, 16:17
Is there any official word on Second Screen for the PC? I didn't even know that they meant to implement it in the PC version. I didn't bother reading the DC manual until you mentioned it.

The mods kept saying that they would use Intel's Perceptual Second Screen Technology for the PC versión.

On January, Intel's page on the Project (which directly mentioned DE:HR-DC as the first game to use it) was closed. For a while after that they said that the second patch was being delayed because of Intel, and then fell silent about that.

Doom972
1st Aug 2014, 16:46
Thanks for the information. I avoided DX news for a while now because of how EM/SE abused the Deus Ex name, so I completely missed that one. By what you're saying it sounds like it's not going to happen. It doesn't sound all that great anyway.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Aug 2014, 12:21
Afaik, this is the last official word on the matter:

I can confirm that Jerion did get his information straight from the producer of the Director's Cut. We are indeed waiting for Intel to release the second screen functionality, and another patch is in the works.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1974162&postcount=152

Shralla
2nd Aug 2014, 20:25
Given that it is now seven months later...

Golden Method
8th Aug 2014, 20:39
@The OP, I'm posting this information in your thread because it may be of use to you. I also posted in the patch thread but don't know if you've read that thread or not.

OK, I have a major update. I spoke with a lawyer at Edelson PC and had a very lengthy, interesting and supportive conversation with him about all of this. If you don't know of the firm you should because they are the firm behind the Battlefield 4 class action suit and the recent Kill Zone Shadow Fall lawsuit.

I can pass his name and contact info on to you and will give you exact instructions on what to do if you're willing to participate. I won't openly discuss our conversation, and received clear instructions on what to do and what not to do.

PC and 360 users, who do not have second screen and smartglass functionality need to send me a PM ASAP. PS3 users, you'll probably have to wait, we'll see, but right now PC and 360 users who do NOT have second screen or smartglass functionality are the focus and they need to send me a PM ASAP.

SageSavage
8th Aug 2014, 22:32
Pass me the popcorn, please.

(this post will be gone in 3...2...1...)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Aug 2014, 12:17
Given that it is now seven months later...

Yeah, time flies. :eek:
I presume the ball is in Intel's court?

CyberP
9th Aug 2014, 12:25

No. The contract was obviously terminated/redacted/whatever.

SageSavage
9th Aug 2014, 14:12
Whatever it is with Intel not deliviering (?) their end to their business partners in the industry, will be Eidos' thing. This one however will be about Eidos wrong doings in terms of false advertising targeted at end customers. Should be obvious.

Shralla
9th Aug 2014, 18:30

In their court to release the patch you were talking about, of which second screen functionality is only a small part? I don't think so. They could release plenty of patches and updates and fixes without Intel's help at all.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Aug 2014, 18:45
Afaik, patches have been released since that post I quoted from Freyja.
My bad, I thought the main concern was dual screen - as per thread title - so presumed it is Intel that has caused the delay. I don't know though; that's why I put a question mark at the end.

This one however will be about Eidos wrong doings in terms of false advertising targeted at end customers.
I always thought that false advertising would mean a given company knew ahead of any advertisement that they couldn't deliver the goods.

SageSavage
9th Aug 2014, 19:12
Afaik, patches have been released since that post I quoted from Freyja.
My bad, I thought the main concern was dual screen - as per thread title - so presumed it is Intel that has caused the delay. I don't know though; that's why I put a question mark at the end.

I always thought that false advertising would mean a given company knew ahead of any advertisement that they couldn't deliver the goods.

You mean ahead of releasing their product and before people actually began paying money for it based on that promise? Maybe but it's been on the market for months, customers paid for it and it's still being advertised falsley. Especially with Eidos doing nothing at all to remedy the situation although specifically being made aware of it a long time ago. Well, I'm no lawyer but this looks pretty bad to me.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Aug 2014, 19:46
I'm no lawyer either... nor a techie... I need help here. :o
Am I right or wrong to presume all the cogs and wheels are in place within the game (via the Options menu) to run dual-screen, but Intel have not released the software to make it possible?

Franubis
9th Aug 2014, 21:03
I'm no lawyer either... nor a techie... I need help here. :o
Am I right or wrong to presume all the cogs and wheels are in place within the game (via the Options menu) to run dual-screen, but Intel have not released the software to make it possible?

We don't know, there is not a single reference in-game to the Second Screen feature, the Options menu is just like DXHR vanilla's. But that may not still rule out the chance of it being in the depths of the code?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Aug 2014, 21:55
Okay, thanks. I presumed the means is there already - but only because I've seen videos showing dual monitors in use and read threads on forums about getting it working with vita (whatever that is).
As far as I can remember, people were saying dual screen only works if you have an Intel PC. Not sure if that's correct though.

Jito463
10th Aug 2014, 07:31
Dual-screen is available on the consoles, but not on the PC. That's what the Intel software was supposed to provide. Mind you, I have no interest in dual-screen technology personally, but I do feel bad for those who purchased the DC wanting that specific feature, and now it seems they'll be denied it.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Aug 2014, 08:40
If Intel have not yet released the software.. then it appears to be Intel who are ultimately responsible.

Jito463
10th Aug 2014, 09:16
I believe the point they were making above, is not that SE or EM is responsible for the lack of dual-screen functionality, but that they're responsible for continuing to advertise it as a feature of the DC. Even though it's been fairly evident for a while now that it's not coming any time soon, if ever.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Aug 2014, 13:15
Sure... though "not coming soon" doesn't equate to "not coming at all",.... legally speaking.
I'm not an expert obviously but presume all the details on the box and manuals etc won't be amended because they were printed en-masse and, at the time of printing, the details were truthful... and still intend to be so. SE/EM would only need to amend said details if Intel actually officially said to them "Hey guys, its not going to happen now, sorry.... blah blah". This update could be passed on to the consumer. As it goes, I presume Intel still intend to launch this product.

Either way, it would be nice to get some sort of update from Intel and/or SE/EM about this issue.

lorian777
10th Aug 2014, 23:29
Hey everyone,

still waiting !!

Golden Method
11th Aug 2014, 23:42
Dual-screen is available on the consoles, but not on the PC.

This is not entirely correct. There is no smartglass function on the 360 version of the game.

Franubis
12th Aug 2014, 07:02
still waiting !!

I'm afraid that it will be just like waiting for Half-Life 3 at this rate. :V

If Eidos at least stopped false-advertising it since it seems obvious they simply forgot about DXHRDC, I'd be so happy.

By the way, Watch_Dogs has this online mode where the guy playing on PC fights against one playing on mobile, and it's ******* sweet with zero lag, and it simply works through wi-fi (hell, you don't even need to be on the same network, it's online), not some overcomplicated code like the one Intel was writting.