PDA

View Full Version : So got the PC DC: First impressions

Shadowofzara
22nd Oct 2013, 16:42
Let me start by saying I'm not through the manufacturing plant yet, but feel I need to get some stuff off my chest, and if I just haven't gotten to something, I apologize for being wrong.

1) DLC Shotgun. Now I found the Silenced Sniper (which you don't actually start with now), however I haven't found the DLC shotty anywhere, and while I don't like it, I would think it strange that it is no where to be found.
EDIT: Found at entrance

2) DLC 10k credits. In one of the DLCs you get 10k credits right at the start of the Manufacturing Plant mission, but this also seems to be no where to be found. While not necessary in any way, it was nice not having to run guns to vendors.

3) On PC, because I don't have a single touch screen device, I can't make notes on my map...wtf? I don't know if that was a Wii U only thing, but it seems to be a terrible mistake. I was really looking forward to being able to make notes with locations of stuff for my own personal use from one playthrough to the next.

4) One Wii U playthrough video I saw a day or two ago had a new augment called Tactical Vision or something like that, and was able to be gotten for one Praxis point after unlocking the see through walls aug. On the PC this is mysteriously missing...This aug would be kinda cool to have because not only does it show the person you are looking at's LIFE but also what items they are holding. Now there is no apparent reason for this augment to be completely left out of at least one version (not sure if it's in Xbox or PS3)

I guess that's all my gripes for now, but that's a lot since I'm not even through the Manufacturing Plant.

Triangletooth
22nd Oct 2013, 16:44
Maybe the shotgun is further in the game, possibly in some place that's more suited to it.

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 16:54
1) DLC Shotgun. Now I found the Silenced Sniper (which you don't actually start with now), however I haven't found the DLC shotty anywhere, and while I don't like it, I would think it strange that it is no where to be found

This is good.

2) DLC 10k credits. In one of the DLCs you get 10k credits right at the start of the Manufacturing Plant mission, but this also seems to be no where to be found. While not necessary in any way, it was nice not having to run guns to vendors.

Also good. And unless you were obsessed with buying the whole stock of every vendor in the game, you never had to farm guns. There are credits absolutely everywhere in HR.

I guess that's all my gripes for now, but that's a lot since I'm not even through the Manufacturing Plant.

Keep posting more, if you care for it. Your nooby gripes are the result of good design decisions so far...except the note taking. I hope your wrong on that one.

Shadowofzara
22nd Oct 2013, 17:21
So I went all the way back after finishing the Plant, mostly because the shotty that I would never use was bugging me, and it turns out it is on a crate just inside the front door. I mean seriously...who goes in the front door?

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 17:52
So I went all the way back after finishing the Plant, mostly because the shotty that I would never use was bugging me, and it turns out it is on a crate just inside the front door. I mean seriously...who goes in the front door?

Makes sense. Shotgun in the front door, and sniper up by the vents I'm guessing. Combat or stealth. Not that it matters as both playstyles can go either way with ease or even both ways by backtracking/exploration as you did.

Personally, I'd have them obtainable only by vendors (whether some people complain or not. There will always be complainers anyway). Credits desperately need more purpose.
But it's still better having them placed in the maps over being given them magically....though the thank you message was nice.

Tverdyj
22nd Oct 2013, 17:55

people who'd need a shotgun because they want to shoot people. makes sense they'd leave it at the front door for the Rambo character

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 18:01
people who'd need a shotgun because they want to shoot people. makes sense they'd leave it at the front door for the Rambo character

Conveniently placed. No simulation design there. That's the biggest flaw.

Tell me, is the sniper rifle next to a e-note with details to cover the guys down below, only the sniper never showed up or something? Or even better the sniper is there using the whisperhead?
DX:HR does have this simualtion design, where even weapon stashes and such are given backstory, a believable reason for existing, but the devs just don't take Looking Glass simulation design seriously enough. Yes, it's a game, but the design never has to interfere with gameplay, in fact that is a rule.

Shadowofzara
22nd Oct 2013, 21:30
Another thing, something that was in the official video when it was first show cased on the Wii U, they showed the boss's HP, but once again, I get to be disappointed because there was no HP display when I just killed Barrett. Maybe this is linked to the lack of the Tactical Vision aug thingy, but still, it was another cool feature I was looking forward to.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Oct 2013, 22:04
I am immensely grateful there is no HP indicator. Has no business in Deus Ex.

CyberP
23rd Oct 2013, 01:36
I am immensely grateful there is no HP indicator. Has no business in Deus Ex.

Must have been some time for you, Pinky. The target aug in DX1 displayed health values, though it was displayed by percent not integers, not that this matters. Still, it's not really necessary in HR as we can have, what, 40 augs, all of them in one playthrough without the use of the tacked-on NG+ mode also.

CyberP
23rd Oct 2013, 02:40
Sniper Riffle was on the roof entrance, next to a dead sniper. Apparently SWAT didn't fancy the enemy having a bird's eye view of the compound. :D

I'm surprised. Just one of many things though....

I spoke too soon though, again. My bad, my expectations for this outsourced Directors cut are so low though. Wrong title, should be DX:HR: Outsourced Cut.
Who was it outsourced to anyway.?

Rtech
23rd Oct 2013, 05:41
A better location for the silenced sniper rifle would be in a crate in O'Malley's apartment only after you agree not to arrest him. I mean in the game O'Malley is essentially a gun runner to both gangs so I figure that a shady character like him has access to specialized weapons.

Galatele
26th Oct 2013, 18:55
The third and forth points are so true. I also opened a thread because of these missing features. WE NEED A PATCH IMMEDIATLY