PDA

View Full Version : Director's Cut Now Available!

Jerion
22nd Oct 2013, 13:30
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut is now available!

You can check it out on Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/238010/

Here's the customary launch trailer:

8AXvSx6Kmmg

PC players receive a discount if they already own the original release of the game, and an additional discount if they also already own The Missing Link.

Darthassin
22nd Oct 2013, 14:26
Someone please post here new achievements!

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 14:32
:rolleyes:

Obsessive Achievement hunters are a blight on the industry.

How about someone post the full feature list instead? Yes this will include achievements too.

Darthassin
22nd Oct 2013, 14:46
:rolleyes:

Obsessive Achievement hunters are a blight on the industry.

How about someone post the full feature list instead? Yes this will include achievements too.

I am not obsessive achievement hunter. This is the only thing I don't know about DC version and I'm just curious about them.

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 14:52
I am not obsessive achievement hunter. This is the only thing I don't know about DC version and I'm just curious about them.

Fair enough. Apologies for jumping the gun. Got the full feature list then, please?

-Neon-
22nd Oct 2013, 15:24
Can't wait to get it!

Pinky_Powers
22nd Oct 2013, 16:33
At work right now, so can't speak to the game, but the purchasing went nicely. 75% right off the top. Just as advertized.

Thanks EM. :thumb:

THC 303
22nd Oct 2013, 17:03
the 75% deal is only for the steam shop right? i would've loved to read the malik novella

Tverdyj
22nd Oct 2013, 17:06
Got it, but it'll take a while for me to play it, since it requires a neww 15 gig download and I have a monthly cap I share with my parents.

sonicsidewinder
22nd Oct 2013, 18:07
Go Yankees!

JCpies
22nd Oct 2013, 18:11
Go Yankees!

I'm glad Human Revolution had its share of memorable phrases.

Shralla
22nd Oct 2013, 19:25
I'm glad Human Revolution had its share of memorable phrases.

That one was especially hilarious with me being from Boston, New York's rival city as far as that goes.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Oct 2013, 19:37
Got it, but it'll take a while for me to play it, since it requires a neww 15 gig download and I have a monthly cap I share with my parents.

Oh damn, I forgot about the download. Damn. I might not be playing until tomorrow after work. :(

Cannon
22nd Oct 2013, 20:48
Are the visual improvements to the game also present on the PS3/360 versions? And is it true that you can't install the game on 360?

68_pie
22nd Oct 2013, 22:52
That one was especially hilarious with me being from Boston, New York's rival city as far as that goes.

And the Red Sox are in the World Series :D

Berr
23rd Oct 2013, 00:48
the 75% deal is only for the steam shop right? i would've loved to read the malik novella

From everything I have seen, yeah this is the case. It all comes down to how bad you want to read the novella I guess. I $15-want-to-read-it, so I know where I am making my purchase.

But it's only a 12,000 word novelette, so probably not worth it if $15 is a lot to you.

ltolman
23rd Oct 2013, 00:56
So apparently you do in fact have to download a whole new game for 15gigs worth just to upgrade your existing game? That was so not what I was reading on the "press release page"

I'm taking words from this page here: http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Directors-Cut-PC-Digital-Release-Details#blogs/Directors-Cut-PC-Digital-Release-Details

And allow me to mention some words that didnt seem like this was a brand new game:

Here’s the basic idea – you can buy the game outright, or you can… augment… whichever version you already have

Augment...which means take an existing piece and increase or give it better stats/stuff. Almost like a sword...You get a cool sword...now you can augment it..and when you augment you take your existing sword add a couple enhancements (Augment) and you're done....It doesnt mean you have a sword and your Augment means you create a brand new sword similiar to what you already have and give the new sword better enhancements thus making it to where you have two swords now.

Then.....

So – to the upgrades. Here are the deals:
New purchase (if you don’t already have the game): £12.99/€19.99/$19.99
Own the basic game (with no DLC): £6.99/€7.99/$9.99
Own the game and Missing Link DLC: £3.49/€3.99/$4.99

Next it talks about Upgrades....Or Options.

Option 1 means..Purchase the game if you "do not already own"
Option 2 means...You own the game but no DLC so to get Directors Cut you must pay 9.99 USD which gives you DLC and Directors.
Option 3 means...You own the game and you own the DLC so to "upgrade" to Directors you only pay 4.99 USD

But upgrade again...means take existing and build upon. For instance I own a 22acre house but I want to upgrade to a 32acre house...it doesnt mean demolish your existing 22acre and rebuild from scratch...Upgrade means you knock out a wall and you add 10acres and put a wall at the end to make it a full 32acre house.

Grrrr

I'm really sorry guys, I love this game to death. Directors is definitely worth it. However I had 100% full intentions on starting a new game tonight but to re-download 15gigs is gonna take 4hrs and I just dont have that LOL

So I guess I'll start playing the game on Thursday :(

Cannon
23rd Oct 2013, 01:16
It's an upgrade only in the sense that you currently hold the status of being the owner of DE:HR or DE:HR+DLC. You may pay to be upgraded from that customer status. It is far too integrated of changes as I understand it for it to be patched or added like DLC on top of the original.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Oct 2013, 02:29
Thank god for broadband. Got home at 5pm, started the downloaded. Download finished and I managed to play over an hour before 9:15pm. Not too shabby.

So, about the game...

It does look a bit better, but there's a massive performance hit for the meager improvement. I was getting around 60fps on the vanilla HR, maxed out. The Director's Cut fluctuates all over, often times settling at 30. This is on my new i5 @ 4.5Ghz, 16GB DDR3, 3GB Radeon 7970.
Certainly still playable, but what the eff? There's no way in hell this fancy lighting is deserving of these frame rates. Something's wrong in the code. Hopefully it can be fixed with a driver update down the road, or a patch.

During the prologue I put a few riffle rounds into a guy's vest, and he fell backward, then got back on his feet. I don't remember the AI doing that before. So... seems like there's a few tweaks. Haven't noticed anything more than that, though.

Sniper Riffle was on the roof entrance, next to a dead sniper. Apparently SWAT didn't fancy the enemy having a bird's eye view of the compound. :D

ILLUMINATION
23rd Oct 2013, 06:25
When will the Director's Cut be available on the Playstation Store in Australia?

CyberP
23rd Oct 2013, 13:02
So apparently you do in fact have to download a whole new game for 15gigs worth just to upgrade your existing game? That was so not what I was reading on the "press release page"

I'm taking words from this page here: http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Directors-Cut-PC-Digital-Release-Details#blogs/Directors-Cut-PC-Digital-Release-Details

And allow me to mention some words that didnt seem like this was a brand new game:

Here’s the basic idea – you can buy the game outright, or you can… augment… whichever version you already have

Augment...which means take an existing piece and increase or give it better stats/stuff. Almost like a sword...You get a cool sword...now you can augment it..and when you augment you take your existing sword add a couple enhancements (Augment) and you're done....It doesnt mean you have a sword and your Augment means you create a brand new sword similiar to what you already have and give the new sword better enhancements thus making it to where you have two swords now.

Then.....

So – to the upgrades. Here are the deals:
New purchase (if you don’t already have the game): £12.99/€19.99/$19.99
Own the basic game (with no DLC): £6.99/€7.99/$9.99
Own the game and Missing Link DLC: £3.49/€3.99/$4.99

Next it talks about Upgrades....Or Options.

Option 1 means..Purchase the game if you "do not already own"
Option 2 means...You own the game but no DLC so to get Directors Cut you must pay 9.99 USD which gives you DLC and Directors.
Option 3 means...You own the game and you own the DLC so to "upgrade" to Directors you only pay 4.99 USD

But upgrade again...means take existing and build upon. For instance I own a 22acre house but I want to upgrade to a 32acre house...it doesnt mean demolish your existing 22acre and rebuild from scratch...Upgrade means you knock out a wall and you add 10acres and put a wall at the end to make it a full 32acre house.

Grrrr

I'm really sorry guys, I love this game to death. Directors is definitely worth it. However I had 100% full intentions on starting a new game tonight but to re-download 15gigs is gonna take 4hrs and I just dont have that LOL

So I guess I'll start playing the game on Thursday :(

:lol:

Yeah the write up on the steam page is pretty bad in it's entirety, not just that.

Pillowman
23rd Oct 2013, 14:15
Hey y'all - I've just entered the Detroit manufacturing plant, and I have yet to come across any of the Director's Commentary signs. Was really looking forward to them more than any other part of the DC - Have I just completely missed them? Or is there a menu toggle somewhere that turns them on?

merrick97
23rd Oct 2013, 14:19
A common question being asked is if you can re-earn achievements or trophies?

Here is the answer:

On the PS3 version you CAN get a whole new platinum even if you have gotten the platinum for the original version.

For the 360 version you CANNOT.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/719088-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/67577198

Just something to consider for trophy/achievements hunters.

I realize that we have members of this forum who are "elitist" and claim that achievements/trophies ruin games, please do me a favor and keep your condescending attitude out of this thread.

Darthassin
23rd Oct 2013, 15:53
Pinky can you list new achievements here?

Btw. Do you see any improvement in quality of cutscenes?

Pinky_Powers
23rd Oct 2013, 17:24

I'll see about listing achievements when I get home.

As for the cutscenes, lamentably, they are as putrid as ever.

merrick97
23rd Oct 2013, 23:43

There are no NEW achievements. They are the same as before and they include the Missing Link.

lowenz
24th Oct 2013, 00:09
A question to DC players: is the SSAO quality increased?

Pinky_Powers
24th Oct 2013, 00:17
God! There is really something bad in the optimization here. Even crawling around an air-vent I'm seeing FPS at under 40. Inside an air-vent! Should be more like 90-100!

I've seen it hit 25fps for no reason at all. And then shoot up to 60 because I moved the mouse an inch.

-~::Edit::~-
Okay. I just knew I could not be the only one, so I Googled my performance issue, and it is, indeed, a hugely simple fix.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810938811078622740/

Now my frame rate is at the allowed peak of 60fps, no matter what I'm doing or looking at. Finally the game is acting as if it knows the machine it's running upon. :)

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU: i5 3570k (at 4.5Ghz)
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaw, DDR3 1600
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 7970 3GB (overclocked to 1100Mhz core and 1550Mhz memory)
System Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 250Gb SSD
Additional Drives: 2TB WD Black, 360GB Seagate.
Liquid Cooling: Corsair H100
Power Supply: Corsair HX750
Windows 7 SP1.

Pinky's happy now. :D

MasterTaffer
24th Oct 2013, 01:37
My Wii U copy was waiting for me when I woke up. Unfortunately work beckoned.

Dungeoncrawler
24th Oct 2013, 01:40
The directors cut is in need of a patch to address the severe stuttering some people are experiencing. I'm assuming this does not contain the fixes patched in the original version? Btw, none of the workarounds work for me.

Pinky_Powers
24th Oct 2013, 01:53
The directors cut is in need of a patch to address the severe stuttering some people are experiencing. I'm assuming this does not contain the fixes patched in the original version? Btw, none of the workarounds work for me.

Including the Registry Edit (http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810938811078622740/)?

What are your system specs?

Dungeoncrawler
24th Oct 2013, 02:35
Including the Registry Edit (http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810938811078622740/)?

What are your system specs?

Unfortunately not :(. Btw, no issues with original game.

i7 3930k @ 3.2MHz (stock)
gtx titan sli
32gb memory
latest whql nvidia drivers

Pinky_Powers
24th Oct 2013, 02:59
Wow. Yeah. You should be getting a billion frames a second. Are you sure you're doing the registry hack right? I know it's super straight forward, but it fixed all my performance issues right up. It was terrible before, and now it runs like buttered ice.

Dungeoncrawler
24th Oct 2013, 03:02
Wow. Yeah. You should be getting a billion frames a second. Are you sure you're doing the registry hack right? I know it's super straight forward, but it fixed all my performance issues right up. It was terrible before, and now it runs like buttered ice.

Think so, but I'll certainly recheck to be sure :)

edit - yea, both variables are set to 0. Going to verify my sound drivers are also up-to-date. Nope, still major lag.

SpecX
24th Oct 2013, 07:17
I must admit that I am somewhat disappointed with the profile backgrounds:
http://steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-238010

OdanUrr
24th Oct 2013, 11:00
Could we have a breakdown of what features are and aren't included in the PC version? That is, as opposed to the Wii U version. I think Eidos hasn't been particularly clear in this regard.

Darthassin
24th Oct 2013, 17:12
There are no NEW achievements. They are the same as before and they include the Missing Link.

EM lied. What a shame!

Cyph0r26
24th Oct 2013, 21:06
I do not know if anyone is aware, but I purchased Director's Cut yesterday, and the insert provided a link to the digital manual, but the link will take you to Kingdom Hearts. I contacted Square Enix about the issue, and was told it would be resolved. In the meantime, you can find the manual on Steam. Also, my copy was purchased for XBOX 360. Thanks.

Pinky_Powers
25th Oct 2013, 20:56
I am loving the audio commentary in-game. Some fantastic insight and fun conversation. The DXHR team was a grand assembly of talent.

-~::Edit::~-
Had my first crash in seven hours of play. It was whilst listening to said Commentary and traversing Detroit. Coming right out of the subway station, where the game usually needs to load in some content, Jensen's bladder gave out and he pissed himself all the way back to desktop.

Poor fellow.

Raider of Souls
26th Oct 2013, 15:17
I do not know if anyone is aware, but I purchased Director's Cut yesterday, and the insert provided a link to the digital manual, but the link will take you to Kingdom Hearts. I contacted Square Enix about the issue, and was told it would be resolved. In the meantime, you can find the manual on Steam. Also, my copy was purchased for XBOX 360. Thanks.

After reading your post, I had to check this myself. Wow, kind of a weird mix up. Anyway, the digital manual is still for Kingdom Hearts.

HERESY
26th Oct 2013, 15:55
A botched release. Oh well, you get what you asked for.

Shralla
26th Oct 2013, 17:28
A question to DC players: is the SSAO quality increased?

No, they removed it.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1958015&postcount=2

Jerion
26th Oct 2013, 17:37
SSAO is still present in the Director's Cut. As for quality? No distinctly notable change.

Maiden Ty One
26th Oct 2013, 17:45
Don't buy it if you're on 360 - it's broken. Game doesn't, and cannot be installed, requires disc swapping every 5 minutes, and the Smartglass feature plain doesn't work. There's a bunch of other stuff too - incidentally, the reason the achievements are the same for both releases on 360 seems to be the reason for a lot of the bugs; the game registers on the 360 as the original version, so the console itself can't tell the difference. I'm going to be taking mine back to the store tomorrow, I mainly bought this release for the New Game + option, but even i don't want to play NG+ badly enough to put up with all these glitches. Any one of these would be tolerable, but all of them together is ridiculous.

Cannon
26th Oct 2013, 20:38
A botched release. Oh well, you get what you asked for.

I never asked for this.

Spyhopping
26th Oct 2013, 20:46
^Didn't see that one coming :nut:

sonicsidewinder
26th Oct 2013, 20:47
Unfortunately not :(. Btw, no issues with original game.

i7 3930k @ 3.2MHz (stock)
gtx titan sli
32gb memory
latest whql nvidia drivers

Pinky's reg edits didn't work for me.

But this fix (for the original game) works for the DC as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9ztmBFYDw

Much more smooth.

Pinky_Powers
26th Oct 2013, 21:01
Excellent. Glad there was something that helped you.

Amazing that something so simple as changing a binary value is overlooked by the developers. Especially when it's the difference between playable and not.

CyberP
26th Oct 2013, 21:12
Excellent. Glad there was something that helped you.

Amazing that something so simple as changing a binary value is overlooked by the developers. Especially when it's the difference between playable and not.

Saying this based off of developing a mod and a few crappy mini-games: it's very easy to over look things, especially if you have more than one role to serve. That's what the playtesters and QA are for.

Whether this DC had adequate testing and tweaks to resolve issues...well it doesn't look like it, not adequate anyway.

Shralla
26th Oct 2013, 21:34
SSAO is still present in the Director's Cut. As for quality? No distinctly notable change.

What's with the comparisons in the link I posted then?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Oct 2013, 21:37

Indeed. This is why humans work better as Omar. Everyone shares... for the common good. :cool: :D

Pinky_Powers
27th Oct 2013, 06:01

I did a little testing myself, and it seems SSAO only adds additional shadows to environments; the subtle shadows that seep into the corners and cast off every contour. The keyword here is subtle, yet extensive.

With
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/Pinky_Powers/DXHRDC2013-10-2700-24-06-51_zps8370ba6d.png
Without
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/Pinky_Powers/DXHRDC2013-10-2700-23-44-06_zpsdb40e205.png

There don't seem to be any change to characters, however.

With
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/Pinky_Powers/DXHRDC2013-10-2700-30-57-28_zpsde824998.png
Without
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/Pinky_Powers/DXHRDC2013-10-2700-32-11-35_zps1d4cb894.png

Jerion
27th Oct 2013, 06:07
Pinky's got it. The realtime AO implementation in DX:HR doesn't really do much for character models, but it is visible in the environments.

Check the Director's Cut link again, then let it load and mouse-over the screenshot. Each link contains two comparison images, meant to show the difference between graphical settings within each version of the game. You're most likely to notice the difference in that particular shot in the shadowed, decorative parts of the kitchen doorway.

Pinky_Powers
28th Oct 2013, 02:16
I just played the first boss fight. The Barrett fight. The concept remains the same, but they give you places to go that he can't follow; vents and upper levels. With the right Augs you can set the environment against him by hacking some turrets, and positioning them to your liking. And the map is significantly modified to give you the advantage. You can move around like a mouse, sniping at the back of his head, then disappear down some hole and emerge behind him again.

Before, it was a closed room, where he had all the power, with his chaingun and the ability to throw out three grenades at once. It was a nightmare. I never could beat him at Give me Deus Ex Difficulty, which was where I played the rest of the game at. But now, I actually had fun out-maneuvering him. I can't wait to get to the other Bosses.

JCpies
28th Oct 2013, 09:23
Barrett was easy. You're such a casual Pinky.

Berr
28th Oct 2013, 11:12
I just played the first boss fight. The Barrett fight. The concept remains the same, but they give you places to go that he can't follow; vents and upper levels. With the right Augs you can set the environment against him by hacking some turrets, and positioning them to your liking. And the map is significantly modified to give you the advantage. You can move around like a mouse, sniping at the back of his head, then disappear down some hole and emerge behind him again.

Before, it was a closed room, where he had all the power, with his chaingun and the ability to throw out three grenades at once. It was a nightmare. I never could beat him at Give me Deus Ex Difficulty, which was where I played the rest of the game at. But now, I actually had fun out-maneuvering him. I can't wait to get to the other Bosses.

Awesome boss battle report. I had trouble facing him too, and just spammed the typhoon to skip fighting him. I'm looking forward to fighting him now :D

Pinky_Powers
28th Oct 2013, 14:29
Barrett was easy. You're such a casual Pinky.

Can't help it. His nades always got me. Or if I left cover and tried to run from them, his chaingun mowed me down.

CyberP
28th Oct 2013, 17:16
As with most boss battles, it's all about timing and studying their pattern. Barrett's was very simple. They all were, though Barret's grenade throw was tricky, have to run as soon as he clumsily indicates a throw.

Smoke43
28th Oct 2013, 21:39
Thank for Eidos for the developer commentary it was fun at least we know how you got ideas for the game. Just waiting for the next game

David Holy
28th Oct 2013, 22:38
I played it. 7 hours already. i think i expected more from the bossifhts, but still wait for a final oppinion until i played it to the end. Cant wait to get a new deus ex. Guys! Do it soon!

vallux
29th Oct 2013, 01:57
Installed the DC after downloading 18 gigs of stuffs. Slapped everything on Ultra Max Hyper Super settings™ @ 1080p, still runs like a charm. Even managed to stealth the intro level - I still got it.

ncdamc
29th Oct 2013, 10:35
Can someone please tell me if the console
version of the Directors cut release has
southpaw control scheme support? I know
that the wii U version had it added so was
wondering if this is the case for the other
console versions.

Many Thanks

Raider of Souls
29th Oct 2013, 16:25
When can we expect an official statement by Eidos Montreal's on all of the Director's Cut glitches (Xbox 360, PC & PS3)? And more importantly, a statement on what they will do about it?

besyuziki
30th Oct 2013, 02:48
I'm on my first playthrough, trying not to miss any parts of the developer commentary. Still a bit disappointed about the cut content and how the health/melee/skill systems (which are not necessarily unrelated to one another) turned out, but playing the game with the commentary on puts a lot of things in perspective.

To Jon, Jayeff, Mary, and everyone else involved, thank you for Deus Ex: HR. The video game industry needs more people with your enthusiasm and dedication.

CyberP
30th Oct 2013, 02:58
To Jon, Jayeff, Mary, and everyone else involved, thank you for Deus Ex: HR. The video game industry needs more people with your enthusiasm and dedication.

Seconded. Cannot help but admire their work and passion even if it disappointed in ways. They still got a lot right, a fun and interesting game.

Shame about the Director's Cut though, and the Fall, though they were both outsourced.

nexusdx
30th Oct 2013, 23:05
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION – DIRECTOR’S CUT SHIPS TODAY
Director’s Cut ships today on Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC
Montréal (October 22, 2013) – Eidos®-Montréal®, a Square Enix® studio, is pleased to announce that Deus Ex: Human Revolution® – Director’s Cut, the definitive version of the critically acclaimed action-RPG title, ships today in North America for the Nintendo’s Wii U™ system, the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows® PC. The Director’s Cut is also available for download immediately on most platforms and is available in stores on October 25 in Europe and other PAL territories.

“The Director’s Cut is our opportunity to address and implement all of the amazing feedback we received from the community into our much loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution,” said David Anfossi, Eidos-Montréal Head of Studio. “We’re incredibly lucky to have such a passionate community and we hope that new and returning players alike enjoy what we consider to be the definitive version of Human Revolution.”

Players who purchase the Director’s Cut through the Square Enix Online Store will receive the exclusive Deus Ex novella, Deus Ex: Fallen Angel. The novella, created by James Swallow, the writer behind Deus Ex: Icarus Effect, follows the story of Malik just prior to the events of Human Revolution and is a must-have for any Deus Ex fan.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut has been fully augmented to include Tongs’s Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link chapter which have been integrated seamlessly into the narrative flow as well as all of the original pre-order and bonus weapons. Fan features like the 45 minute “making of” video, over 8 hours of developer commentary, the official strategy guide, and New Game+ have also been added to the Director’s Cut.

Boss fights have been completely overhauled and redesigned with new maps and mechanics to support each one of the gameplay pillars: Action, Stealth, and Hacking. Major enhancements have also been made to the game including a rebalanced energy system, updated enemy A.I., and striking visual improvements which make this edition the best looking and most immersive Deus Ex experience available.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut also offers a full slate of second screen features for the Wii U GamePad, Microsoft’s SmartGlass, and the PlayStation Vita system that make the touchscreen interface Adam Jensen’s primary neural hub enhancement. The Wii U GamePad features can be viewed on YouTube here.

Dear EM, I bought Director's Cut on PC last week. Please tell me where can I find the official strategy guide? Or maybe you lied in your official press release?

Dungeoncrawler
31st Oct 2013, 06:27
Dear EM, I bought Director's Cut on PC last week. Please tell me where can I find the official strategy guide? Or maybe you lied in your official press release?

Strategy guide is exclusive right now to the wii-u version. Someone mentioned they were looking into a pc implementation.

nexusdx
31st Oct 2013, 18:53
But on the press release is no word about exclusive strategy guide for the wii u. I paid for strategy guide mentioned in the official document. "they were looking into a pc implementation." This is ridiculous.

vallux
7th Nov 2013, 13:39
I'm really liking the commentary. But it's really going to add to my playtime. I'm usually just sitting in a corner doing the safety dance.

Pinky_Powers
7th Nov 2013, 15:34
I'm really liking the commentary. But it's really going to add to my playtime. I'm usually just sitting in a corner doing the safety dance.

I loved that they talked about the Safety Dance and PPR youtube videos in the commentary. I lol'ed.

Ilves
15th Nov 2013, 17:22
Got a question for those with the Director's Cut on PS3...

On the PS3 The Missing Link looked significantly more polished than the main game. Does that same upgrade apply to the DC?

From what I can tell the PC version looks nigh on identical to the original release, so what's the deal? :scratch:

ZakKa89
15th Nov 2013, 20:03
For a better impression what SSAO does in DEHR (http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/09/12/deus_ex_human_revolution_gameplay_performance_review/10#.UoZ9vxpWxcY)

It's subtle but important imo

vallux
16th Nov 2013, 19:36
This commentary is pretty good. Been a lot of "Yeah, we didn't really know how to make a game, but we threw in a room full of lockers for ****s and giggles"

Shralla
16th Nov 2013, 20:15
At least that confirms what we've always suspected. No wonder the level design was so lackluster. I swear they better hire on some great talent for the next one.

Ilves
17th Nov 2013, 19:53
For a better impression what SSAO does in DEHR (http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/09/12/deus_ex_human_revolution_gameplay_performance_review/10#.UoZ9vxpWxcY)

It's subtle but important imo

I'm surprised the DC doesn't fix the ugly texture sky boxes, because dang those are strangely at odds with the rest of the game's quality.

A fake looking sky really undermines a world's believability. Conversely, nothing sold the Mass Effect's alien worlds like the gorgeous cloudy skies.

Shralla
17th Nov 2013, 20:09
A fake looking sky really undermines a world's believability.

I can safely say I have literally never felt like that.

Pinky_Powers
17th Nov 2013, 21:05
I'm surprised the DC doesn't fix the ugly texture sky boxes, because dang those are strangely at odds with the rest of the game's quality.

A fake looking sky really undermines a world's believability. Conversely, nothing sold the Mass Effect's alien worlds like the gorgeous cloudy skies.

I agree. The skies in HR were strangely poor.