PDA

View Full Version : EU gamers need to wait 3 days to get the Director's Cut patch

Spookyy
22nd Oct 2013, 11:44
So why do DEHR owners from EU need to wait 3 days to just get the DC patch?

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 13:25
That's how it is. Always has been. If the game was developed in EU, then we'd get it first. It's a good thing anyway, give you incentive to make an informed decision (read feedback here, reviews etc) before you throw your money at them.

Back in the day, some games took months before they were distributed in foreign regions. Some regions didn't even see a release at all.

Tverdyj
22nd Oct 2013, 13:30
So why do DEHR owners from EU need to wait 3 days to just get the DC patch?

digital oceans.

Also, it's not a patch. it's a 15 gig download of a separate game at discounted price.

(I bough it this morning and was gonna download it to have it ready for after work. Then I saw the file size, coupled with the fact that I've already burned 17 gigs of my monthly 80 Gig cap to get the GOTY for Arkham city, and I've decided to wait till next month to play it)

Spookyy
24th Oct 2013, 13:46
Yeah, and i thought publishers wanted to maximise sales. I can't go to a retail shop and upgrade my old version so what the heck is wrong?

Pinky_Powers
24th Oct 2013, 14:33
so what the heck is wrong?

A truly insidious breed of corruption, personified in back-room deals. Picture the prologue to the original Deus Ex, and you'll have a solid notion of what sort of villainy is at play.