PDA

View Full Version : First Deus Ex 4 character revealed?

THC 303
21st Oct 2013, 14:43
Confidential Video Game - Interactive

Hiroshi Saito | Male | Asian | Age: 28 - 35

Should appear Japanese, early 30s, 5'8" to 6'. Should be athletic/built, in the 185lbs category. All submitted talent should fall within these specs. Any knowledge of stage combat & martial arts a plus. Hiroshi Saito is an Illuminati Shadow Agent. His current assignment is to infiltrate the Augmented Rights Coalition, to replace its leader and to discredit its movement by committing a series of attacks in their names. He is fierce, unsympathetic, cunning, and arrogant. Disciplined, unemotional, intelligent, gritty. He has a mild Japanese accent, able to range from professional with his superiors, militant when undercover, and smirky when talking to enemies. Previous motion capture experience is a bonus.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/42/1382117437-nycastings.jpg

what do you guys think? might be the games antagonist, i think he sounds badass

WildcatPhoenix
21st Oct 2013, 14:55
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/42/1382117437-nycastings.jpg

what do you guys think? might be the games antagonist, i think he sounds badass

Sounds more like an underboss such as Gunther or Fedorova. As long as he's given better characterization than the bosses in DXHR, he could be pretty interesting. I like the idea of Illuminati infiltrator/shadow agents. It matches the profile of the organization and seems completely plausible.

Shralla
21st Oct 2013, 20:17
If he was "assigned" to do anything, I very much doubt he's the game's primary antagonist.

We already know more about him than we did about any of the bosses in HR.

JCpies
21st Oct 2013, 20:25
I hope that reading that wasn't a spoiler.

Like he turns out to be your co-op buddy and betrays you at the end.

co-op deus ex :nut:

THC 303
21st Oct 2013, 21:19
how big are the chances this guy is our playable character and we get to play as a bad guy this time?

Ashpolt
21st Oct 2013, 21:37
My first thought was that this would be the antagonist, as some have said, and I'm fine with that if so. But it also mentions that he has different "faces" depending on the situation, and it's not likely we'd see him in many different situations unless we're playing as him, or at least alongside him. For instance, it talks about him being "militant when undercover" - how would we see an antagonist when he's undercover? (Unless he's doing a really bad job of being undercover, or if we see him as an ally initially, not knowing he's actually Mr. I'mgoingtobetrayyoulater.)

Shralla
21st Oct 2013, 21:42
Definitely not the player character.

THC 303
21st Oct 2013, 21:44
My first thought was that this would be the antagonist, as some have said, and I'm fine with that if so. But it also mentions that he has different "faces" depending on the situation, and it's not likely we'd see him in many different situations unless we're playing as him, or at least alongside him. For instance, it talks about him being "militant when undercover" - how would we see an antagonist when he's undercover? (Unless he's doing a really bad job of being undercover, or if we see him as an ally initially, not knowing he's actually Mr. I'mgoingtobetrayyoulater.)

i was thinking the same thing, then again.. it says in the job description that the mocap shoot ist only for one day, that kinda makes me doubt that he will play a big part in the game

Ashpolt
21st Oct 2013, 21:52
We're all assuming, of course, that this is for the next "proper" Deus Ex game, and not for one of the Universe side projects.

[EDIT] ....THAT WE'RE ALL SO EXCITED ABOUT!

THC 303
21st Oct 2013, 22:00
i don't think they'll do full body mocap for a simple mobile game
it's still a pretty expensive method right?

Shralla
22nd Oct 2013, 01:54
Gets cheaper every day, like a lot of things. Who knows though.

neonfish
22nd Oct 2013, 07:55
wow sounds amazing :)

pirate1802
22nd Oct 2013, 08:18
how big are the chances this guy is our playable character and we get to play as a bad guy this time?

That would be awesome.