PDA

View Full Version : Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen) voice actor in first-person survival sim 'The Long Dark'

Berr
14th Oct 2013, 21:35
Has everyone seen the upcoming Indie game 'The Long Dark'? It's a first-person post-disaster survival simulation set in the Northern (Canadian) wilderness - which I think fits into many people here's favourite genre 'immersive sim'?

Anyway, I wouldn't have posted it here just because of that, but it also has Adam Jensen's voice actor Elias Toufexis in it as well :D. Easily missed since it was buried in KS update 12 (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hinterlandgames/the-long-dark-a-first-person-post-disaster-surviva/posts/609822). I would have thought it would be a headline announcement, but I guess the whole world doesn't love DX as much as we do :scratch:

CyberP
14th Oct 2013, 23:15
Looked into it, looks more STALKER than Deus Ex or the other classics, a First Person Survival Sim, not sure if inspired by Looking Glass design, which is the good stuff, but looks like it could be considered an "Immersive Sim", but need more details, they haven't given away much.

Thanks for sharing, Berr!

When we say Immersive Sim in regards to Deus Ex 1 and others, it's us being lazy, abbreviating, because there are many genres mixed in one. For example Deus Ex has bits of many genres: Platforming, Steath, Shooting, Roleplaying, Simulation, even puzzles. Immersive Sim saves saying all that and also is a good label for a very special set of games with design that is unique to them.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution doesn't share this design completely, unfortunately, but it's still half there.