PDA

View Full Version : Medpacks/Vending Machine Evolution

JCpies
13th Oct 2013, 10:51
HqidJ-Eutac

I suggest that instead of scavenging for medpacks, vending machines in Deus Ex 4 should be dual purpose and distribute medpacks as shown in the video. That way we can streamline the experience and still make medpacks and vending machines relevant in modern gaming.

CyberP
13th Oct 2013, 18:07
HqidJ-Eutac

I suggest that instead of scavenging for medpacks, vending machines in Deus Ex 4 should be dual purpose and distribute medpacks as shown in the video. That way we can streamline the experience and still make medpacks and vending machines relevant in modern gaming.

Still waiting for a serious post from you...

68_pie
13th Oct 2013, 19:42

Sometimes I like you :friends:

CyberP
13th Oct 2013, 20:39
It's a nice compromise, I suppose...

Health system doesn't even need to be streamlined though, there are still plenty of modern "AAA" games that do not have regen health.
JFD probably just thinks it's better design, that you don't have to "scavenge for medkits", yet he is perfectly happy with players having to scavenge for ammo, and optionally for xp, credits, side quests, candy bars etc...that's contradictory. Optional regen aug or installed default on easy mode only would have countered the scavenging argument anyway.

Edit: Sorry JFD, it's not personal. Do I deserve to be banned? Maybe not, but I feel like a *******. I am one of few who is preventing the team from interacting with their true fans here, such as HERESY & berr?
Perhaps we should come to a compromise?
Or things continue as always? If so, maybe I should add to the praise thread, as balance needs to be restored again, I'm sure there is more fine things worthy of my ultimate judgement ;)
I think I need a time out, preferably sponsored (with cash, not the temp-ban title :)).
Or maybe a textual showdown boss battle with HellraiserJF, end this once and for all?
Maybe I am just stressing over nothing, but the situation is ****ty, (though it's trivial in the grand scheme of life, it's still valid).

JCpies
14th Oct 2013, 12:18
Can you imagine after Deus Ex 5 is released and the series is dead, all the devs that worked on the series since Human Revolution flood the forum and start making negative posts about Cyber P and Alex and all the other complainers.

Sometimes I like you :friends:

Pies have to stick together!

CyberP
14th Oct 2013, 14:56
Why would the series be dead, because it failed to please the audience, perhaps? You are happy for the series to be butchered, and believe it has to sell out to be successful, that's what pusscats believe.
Furthermore, the series isn't going anywhere, it's being milked hard if you haven't noticed.
Lastly, yes the complaining has a negative impact, but it is a result of their actions, their (SE & EM's) butchering and milking...Deus Ex doesn't deserve to be a dumbed down cash cow.

I wouldn't wish anyone to lose their jobs, but I am in no way responsible for them.

I should post that George Lucas quote again.

JCpies
14th Oct 2013, 16:30
I didn't mean to take a jab at you! I think complaining is good in some respects.

The forum definitely wouldn't be the same without it!