PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Fallen Angel Novella with PC download purchase from Eidos store

Berr
12th Oct 2013, 07:13
So we just found out about the 'Deus Ex: Fallen Angel' novella, which tells a back story for Malik.

It was announced as a pre-order bonus for console versions ordered from SQUARE ENIX's web store. Now I see it is also listed with a pre-order of the PC download for $20 here:
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION DIRECTOR'S CUT [PC DOWNLOAD] (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.288436600#.Ulj0J1BkN8E)

I already have DXHR and DX:TML on Steam, so I would be eligible for the $5 upgrade price. But I'm a fan of the DXHR fiction and I want this novella! If I have to pay an extra $15 and buy it from the SE store to get it, I will.

But if it turns out it comes with every steam version, or I can pre-order on steam at the $5 price, I'll be kind of annoyed to have paid $15 for no reason.

Can anyone fill me on the situation? Otherwise I guess I'll sit tight until it gets listed on Steam.

ps. James Swallow are you around the place? Can you tell me more about the novella? eg back-cover blurb, length.

JMSwallow
22nd Oct 2013, 13:18
So we just found out about the 'Deus Ex: Fallen Angel' novella, which tells a back story for Malik.

<snip>

ps. James Swallow are you around the place? Can you tell me more about the novella? eg back-cover blurb, length.

:cool:

Just in case anyone is wary of spoilers...

Fallen Angel is a prequel story about Faridah that connects to events in the "Shanghai Justice" side-quest in DXHR. It sets up a bit about her past, her connections in Hengsha and how she ended up working for Sarif Industries. A couple of other minor characters from the game also appear in passing.

Technically, Fallen Angel is a novelette; it's around 12,000 words long. As I understand it, at this point it is only available as an eBook packaged as a pre-order bonus with full versions of the DXHR Director's Cut. It may become available on its own at some future point, but that's up to EM to decide.

p1r473
22nd Oct 2013, 19:51
I ordered the PC version of the Director's Cut off the Square Enix store but I never received a copy of the novella!
The email from square enix has my steam key for the actual game, and unlock code for loyalty points, but no way of downloading the book!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut [PC DOWNLOAD]

Steam_Activation_Instructions.pdf
Serial Number: [redacted]
Unlock Code: [redacted]
PC Download
Electronic Download

Deus Ex Fallen Angel Novella [Exclusive Purchase Bonus Item]
PC Download
Electronic Download

How do I get my book?!?!?!?! There is no link for the novella in the email

Jerion
22nd Oct 2013, 20:02
Once you're redeemed the code in Steam, try looking in your Steam library under Media or Tools. :)

p1r473
22nd Oct 2013, 20:05
Nope, it not under either
All I have under those related to Deus Ex is the "Augmented Edition Bonus Content" which isn't the book

EliParker
22nd Oct 2013, 21:10
I'm still waiting for the ebook from the Square Enix store. Is there any estimate on when it will be released? The ebook should be downloadable via the Square Enix store/order website.

Also what other Deus Ex novel and Comic Books are in the works. Another question with Deus Ex Universe being announced does that mean Deus Ex 1 and 2 are in a different Universe unrelated to DE: HR?.

Berr
22nd Oct 2013, 21:50
Thanks for dropping by to answer my questions James! :)

I'm in Australia so the game isn't available to me for another couple of days (why SE, why???). I guess I'll sit tight and wait for word on people actually getting the novellette then order of the SE site :)

EliParker
22nd Oct 2013, 22:43
I got the email about the PDF book. Is it possible for SE or EM (or anybody here) to re-release the book as a epub file? I'm not the biggest fan of reading book from a PDF file.

Berr
23rd Oct 2013, 00:44
I got the email about the PDF book. Is it possible for SE or EM (or anybody here) to re-release the book as a epub file? I'm not the biggest fan of reading book from a PDF file.

+1 to this!

It's not hard to do, and makes a big difference to the reading experience.

JMSwallow
23rd Oct 2013, 10:29
Also what other Deus Ex novel and Comic Books are in the works. Another question with Deus Ex Universe being announced does that mean Deus Ex 1 and 2 are in a different Universe unrelated to DE: HR?.

Future Deus Ex spin-offs will be announced when and if they happen. All the games are in the same universe.

Thanks for dropping by to answer my questions James! :)

My pleasure.

Try using Calibre; it's a free ebook managment program that can convert between different file formats.

destroy.all.monsters
29th Oct 2013, 07:40
What bums me out is that there was no upgrade at the Square enix store for those that already had DXHR+TML and wanted the novella as part of the Director's Cut.

I really like Malik as a character and want to read her story.