PDA

View Full Version : Owners of the original Deus Ex + DLC

satanax21
11th Oct 2013, 16:50
what will become of us? We will update to the director's or need to buy a new game in this edition?

pirate1802
11th Oct 2013, 16:54
I wonder the same, my friend. What will become of us?

CyberP
11th Oct 2013, 17:04
Owners of the original Deus Ex? We will likely be here as usual, unsatisfied with the content in the DC :D

You must be talking about owners of Human Revolution :p Everybody is expecting a discount but we'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't, you don't have to buy it, but the offer would be nice. They will announce soon I am sure.

Jerion
11th Oct 2013, 17:05
Owners of the original Deus Ex? We will likely be here as usual, unsatisfied with the DC :D

You must be talking about owners of Human Revolution :p Everybody is expecting a discount but we'll just have to wait and see. They will announce soon I am sure.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/11/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-pricing-announced-is-cheaper-if-you-already-own-the-game/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

CyberP
11th Oct 2013, 17:11
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/11/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-pricing-announced-is-cheaper-if-you-already-own-the-game/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

Wow, I need to stay up to date! That's nice they did, and it's very, very cheap! Totally unexpected.

Have they announced the details of the changes and additions in the PC, PS3 and 360 versions? Judging by the Wii version I know I will not be happy with the majority of the changes but the pricing is more than reasonable. Good call SE, though I know it wasn't out of generosity, of course. If Human Revolution sold like hotcakes and was very popular to this day I'm sure you would have taken advantage like almost any other business. And the lower price for owners of the original is incentive.
Still, it's nice pricing :)

pirate1802
11th Oct 2013, 17:52
Woah. I own both HR and Missing Link. Its very cheap indeed for me. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Oct 2013, 18:09
Very reasonable indeed. :cool:

Pinky_Powers
11th Oct 2013, 19:39
I'm... wow. That's fantastic. Thanks EM!

Really now, that's a price only the worst of folk can bemoan over.

merrick97
11th Oct 2013, 20:53
<sarcasm>

IT SHOULD BE FREE!!!!

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING????

<sarcasm>

WildcatPhoenix
11th Oct 2013, 20:54
Credit where it's due- that's about as fair a price point as anyone could've asked for. :thumbsup:

merrick97
11th Oct 2013, 20:58
Too bad console owners cant get the same deal though.

CyberP
11th Oct 2013, 21:18
Too bad console owners cant get the same deal though.

No? Why not? Or do you mean those who buy it on Wii? There are often times offers and even sometimes owning the original is requirement to getting the sequel or whatever, example being Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid Special Missions (that was real low of Konami).

68_pie
11th Oct 2013, 21:22
Really now, that's a price only the worst of folk can bemoan over.

:wave:*

*not that I would buy it at any price

merrick97
11th Oct 2013, 21:55
No? Why not? Or do you mean those who buy it on Wii? There are often times offers and even sometimes owning the original is requirement to getting the sequel or whatever, example being Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid Special Missions (that was real low of Konami).

As far as I can tell owners of the 360/PS3 original version do not get any sort of discount to own the DC.

It would be tougher for SE to offer a discount them though since its hard to prove that they still own the game.

With the PC version the game has to be in your steam library and therefore its easy to offer the $5 upgrade.

CyberP
11th Oct 2013, 22:30
As far as I can tell owners of the 360/PS3 original version do not get any sort of discount to own the DC.

It would be tougher for SE to offer a discount them though since its hard to prove that they still own the game.

With the PC version the game has to be in your steam library and therefore its easy to offer the $5 upgrade.

That's disappointing if it is a PC-only offer, but PC deserves some special treatment from AAA teams, I suppose. Not very often when that happens these days.

Also, there is a way to tell if you own the game on consoles, the same way Konami did it back in 1999: "INSERT THE METAL GEAR SOLID DISC NOW". lol.

Berr
11th Oct 2013, 23:56
Wow that pricing is awesome. Having an even further discount for people who already own TML is unexpected.

I think I'm gonna take a few days off work to sit down and play this through with a 100% stealth run like hasn't been possible before :D

CyberP
12th Oct 2013, 04:08
Or they could just search and see if you have any Missing Link game data on consoles...I guess it's troublesome to implement and since the DC will likely be sold retail for consoles then maybe SE are looking to make some decent profits there. I guess I would be annoyed if the DC had me more interested than just curiosity of the differences between the Wii and new DC versions.
The reason I do not have a high end PC capable of playing DX:HR: Modern gaming sucks, not worthy of a gaming rig. I'll stick to old school gaming mostly (PC and consoles) and using modern consoles for the new. Besides, I'd probably find myself pirating all the time to justify all that money spent on a decent rig + upgrades just to play crappy games, so I am glad I stick with my current platform choices.

I think I'm gonna take a few days off work to sit down and play this through with a 100% stealth run like hasn't been possible before :D

100% stealth? Like never possible before? They added a first person-only mode with leaning, no radar and proper melee? Doubt it, you'll be using sticky cover A.K.A smart vision by default that doesn't drain battery, radar A.K.A smart vision by default that doesn't drain battery, contextual instakill takedowns & regenerating cloak that makes you invisible to all threats mechanical & organic....and probably the actual smart vision aug too, you know, just in case.
Stealth is a walk in the park, unbalanced and most stealth augs are irrelevant as the stuff you have by default are more powerful stealth tools with the same effect almost.. Pass. If I do get it I'll be going combat, that's where the game shines, has better weapon modding & offers a challenge (though still let down by sticky cover, just not as much and has some minor benefits to it at least). The stealth augs have greater use to a combat player without breaking the game, at least thats how I see it (cloak is good in combat especially if you like to not rely on sticky cover, doesn't make enemies completely unaware but less accurate, mark & track can be good for tagging a squad before engaging, though still unnecessary cos radar).

And since Metal Gear Solid has been mentioned, the reason a radar is necessary in that series is because the game is primarily in birds eye view. The reason 3rd person cover works is because the game is primarily third person. Deus Ex is/was first person and doesn't need that stuff, especially with the superpowers/augs already present.
I'd love to see a Metal Gear Solid that is primarily in first person, would be great. Heck you needed the first person view in MGS2 & 3 to be able to even shoot properly or survey your surroundings and plan ahead. There are some excellent third person games out there, MGS being one of them, and it's good that there are different perspectives for games for varieties sake, but something that is objective is that first person is better for sneaking and shooting games for many reasons, whilst fast paced melee fighting focused games is better in third person (for now). Platforming some would argue is better in third person, but I'd tell them thats a load of crap, it works great in both perspectives and Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex, Mirrors edge and plenty more are my testimony.

As much as I like JFD's on-camera personality, and as much justice he did do Deus Ex, at least in comparison to Invisible War, I think Rainbow 6: Vegas and Far Cry: instincts to Deus Ex....it wasn't the best choice for lead designer.

Wow, that was a little toxic, and I feel bad. All posts are rainbows & butterflys from me from now own, a fresh start...and I do love the game in ways. The game & the team deserves better than this really, and I should stop posting as I fear more negativity, which I do not want to exert. The game could have been truly special though, the height of all electronic home entertainment to date....need details on the DC before I most likely label it as a wasted opportunity too :(

**** this.

Oh well, the team gets the last laugh, I'm the one eating dirt cheap brand-less, tasteless pot noodle and can barely afford to pay the rent. I would have made a damn fine "Fan's cut" DLC though, that's for sure :p

Darthassin
12th Oct 2013, 05:30
DXHRDC here I come!!!!!!

Berr
12th Oct 2013, 06:10
CyberP: oops I appear to have triggered a rant :P

All I meant is I can fight the bosses stealthily now instead breaking out the Typhoon - Typhoon has been my goto boss fight skip option so far. Maybe I should have said a no-Typhoon playthrough?

CyberP
12th Oct 2013, 06:13
CyberP: oops I appear to have triggered a rant :P

""Why contain it?"

Maybe I should have said a no-Typhoon playthrough?

Been doing those since the beginning. Now the bosses are redesigned hopefully for the better I can actually hold it against someone for using it now though :)

Tverdyj
12th Oct 2013, 22:47
5 bucks is very decent

And now i don't have to lug around that stupid minigun you pick up right before the Fedorova fight....

CyberP
12th Oct 2013, 22:58
5 bucks is very decent

And now i don't have to lug around that stupid minigun you pick up right before the Fedorova fight....

That fight is simple. Her AI pattern is simple. You even have Eliza holding your hand.

And you never have to pick up the heavy rifle.

Tverdyj
13th Oct 2013, 22:38
That fight is simple. Her AI pattern is simple. You even have Eliza holding your hand.

And you never have to pick up the heavy rifle.

I know I don't--I know I can shock her, etc (and no, I never buy Typhoon).

I found it cathartic to pick up a heavy rifle and unleash total death and destruction as protest against the devs that force me to deviate from a totally non-lethal playthrough.

I also make sure to murder-takedown every single Belltower guard in the pods after they shoot up the place.

And in the original, I tend to play 100% non-lethal until the raid against Paul. then i use the very gas grenades I got from UNATCO guys to leave them helpless while I headshot them all with my sniper rifle.

CyberP
13th Oct 2013, 22:51
I know I don't--I know I can shock her, etc (and no, I never buy Typhoon).

I found it cathartic to pick up a heavy rifle and unleash total death and destruction as protest against the devs that force me to deviate from a totally non-lethal playthrough.

I also make sure to murder-takedown every single Belltower guard in the pods after they shoot up the place.

And in the original, I tend to play 100% non-lethal until the raid against Paul. then i use the very gas grenades I got from UNATCO guys to leave them helpless while I headshot them all with my sniper rifle.

:lol:

Great post.

Since "Classic Post" is probably trademarked as a title for posts by now, we'll label this one a great post, just to be on the safe side.

Tverdyj
14th Oct 2013, 01:13
In one of my timeless posts in the early days of post-release evaluations of HR, I noted that EM has successfully made gunplay feel a lot more enjoyable. Not up to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., standards, of course, but quite enjoyable. And the heavy rifle, with its "revving up" sound before it unleashed high caliber death, was a big part of that.

it's the symbolism of the scene, really--my Adam is the stealthy, delicate operative. When facing Fedorova, those very tactics are used against me, while locking me in a situation where violence is the only answer. Thus, faced with such a betrayal of expectations, Adam lashed out with overwhelming brute force, becoming what his enemies believed he was--an augmented death machine.

The concept of augmented humanity in DX games always poses the unasked question to the player--how will you use the powers you are given? Your enemies always, always believe you to be a destructive soldier. by choosing the non-lethal ghost approaches, we, the players defy this convention. THAT, to me is the essence of "playing a role" in this type of FPS/RPG games. When Adam/JC/Alex put away the tools of stealth and embrace the gun or the blade it is a choice--a choice that defines how they (and the player) view themselves.

CyberP
14th Oct 2013, 01:45
I understand exactly where you are coming from....but I ignore the inserting my personality into the avatar aspect only.
I play the roles that provide the most fun for me, so I happily slay all those animated, coded and voiced character models, they have no meaning outside the game.
BUT that doesn't mean I do not value immersion, that I cannot feel that I am in the game to some degree (not enough that I have to spare "lives" but still get sucked in and feel something, and the intensity is increased by great Immersive Sim design).
I'm not a killer and do not fantasize killing anybody irl, but in-game I get great joy out of it because it's fun and harmless (and because 70% of video games ever involves virtual murder, ever since I was a kid).
So yeah, I do not go on non-lethal takedown sprees to spite the devs for anything, I go for what is most fun or just experiment, but I understand where you are coming from. You are AJ, armed to the teeth with non-lethal weaponry and augs & have a heart of gold, there is no reason Fedorova has to die, even taking bursts of SMG bullets just to save her life is not an issue as your wounds regenerate automatically and you are known to even rummage through bins for candy bars to get the extra jolt you need to save lives whilst completing your objective: saving your gal who you love so dearly :p. You are the ultimate ex-SWAT pacifist, or so the devs had you believe you could be up until Barrett, and again till fedorova (can non-lethal Namir though :))

I never "got" people who role-played to that extent when given the option, but I understand what it's about.
I want to maximize fun and also get immersed into the fictional world, but role-playing would conflict with my fun. I guess I just have poor imagination/value the fun of gameplay too much. Of course I experiment, I've done just about everything in DX, (Dialogue options, testing NPC reactions, pushing possibilities/emergent gameplay, non-lethal stealth etc) except taking roleplaying seriously like that...I stumbled across a drunk JC playthrough on youtube once, lol. Guy acting the fool and always drinking all the alcoholic beverages, smoking etc...I guess the player was bored? Probably :p

Yeah, that's not for me. BUT I do play a role to some extent, the role of JC or AJ, but their behaviour varies erratically in each location to say the least :)
Being a sweetheart and talking Sandoval out of suicide, murdering everybody else in the game for example. Again though, still value the immersive sim design a whole lot as it does help suck me in. Works best in System Shock 2, Arx fatalis and Call of Cthulhu imo, but Deus Ex does NPC reactivity very well (and sim design in general), but the horror elements in the other games multiplies the immersion, Deus Ex 1 doesn't have that, instead it has terrible NPC animations, lol. Still is Immersive though.

Besides, there is no game designed, not even DX1, where the world reacts appropriately to all kinds of crazy roles you can think of anyway, but that doesn't mean developers shouldn't strive to achieve simulations that deep (that would be impossible without years and years of work, but I still want games to go deeper than Looking Glass et al did, only Obsidian did with Fallout: New Vegas whilst most importantly retaining genius design in other areas such as gameplay, just like Looking Glass, but it too has it's flaws).

Galatele
14th Oct 2013, 14:02
According to Square Enix pc gamers can upgrade their vanilla Deus ex to Director's cut for a few dollars

Pinky_Powers
14th Oct 2013, 14:37
:wave:*

*not that I would buy it at any price

You vile, vile fiend.

68_pie
14th Oct 2013, 19:40
You vile, vile fiend.

I have too many other games to play for the first time before I pay to play a marginally improved version of a game that I didn't particularly like.

Darthassin
21st Oct 2013, 11:42
I have too many other games to play for the first time before I pay to play a marginally improved version of a game that I didn't particularly like.

Shame on you.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Oct 2013, 12:34
Is this a case of excessive indulgence... so much so, that you can't feel grateful for anything? :D

Pinky_Powers
21st Oct 2013, 14:39
17 hours to go, before I spend my $5 and hit Play.

Actually, I probably won't hit play until later that evening when I get home from work. But still... :)

Falcon83
21st Oct 2013, 14:46
You want patch to our game (DE:HR)? Pay 4 euro. Nice.

Witcher (1 and 2) = free upgrade (Enhanced Edition).
Bioshock 2 = free upgrade (Minerva's Den).
Batman Arkham City = free upgrade (GOTY).

vallux
21st Oct 2013, 15:46
Batman and Bioshock 2 don't really count in my opinion.

Tverdyj
21st Oct 2013, 16:23
Batman and Bioshock 2 don't really count in my opinion.

I beg to differ. WG is responding to a problem (GaFWL is getting phased out, HALLELLUJAH!), by upgrading existing customers' games to GOTY. Anyone that didn't bother with the millions of Arkham City DLC (I didn't--I only got Harley Quinn's revenge, b/c it was actual story DLC)--gets all the other stuff for free.

Likewise with Minerva's den--I've tried to purchase it on GaFWL's marketplace. I couldn't, because GAFWL is a disfunctional piece of garbage that didn't want my money. with GaFWL being put down like a diseased spawn of Satan, I would've never gotten a chance to play it. Now I got it for free.

Sure, these are updates coming years after release, but still now is better than never.

THC 303
21st Oct 2013, 16:45
You want patch to our game (DE:HR)? Pay 4 euro. Nice.

Witcher (1 and 2) = free upgrade (Enhanced Edition).
Bioshock 2 = free upgrade (Minerva's Den).
Batman Arkham City = free upgrade (GOTY).

what the **** are you even talking about?

Tverdyj
21st Oct 2013, 16:55
what the **** are you even talking about?

Witcher 2 released an "Enhanced Edition" for free. This included extra content, all DLC, a combat tutorial, voiceovers/subtitles in all the published languages, etc. They did the same thing with the original Witcher.

M$oft is shutting down Games for Windows Live (GaFWL). Games that use it as DRM will become completely unplayable once the servers shut down next summer (including many single-player games)

2K have patched Bioshock 2 to not require GaFWL activation to play. If you have Bioshock 2 on steam, they've also given everyone that has a copy of Bishock 2 the Minerva's Den DLC for free (previously only way to obtain it was to by it on the GaFWL Marketplace)

Similarly, Warner Games have patched GaFWL out of the Batman Arkham games. But only out of the GOTY editions. If you had regular Arkham game on Steam, A GOTY edition was added to your library, for free. If you already owned a GOTY edition, it was updated to remove GaFWL activation (killing all save games in the process, unless you used a fan-made converter.)

I owned Arkham Asylum GOTY and Arkham City. I now have Arkham Asylum GOTY, Archam City, AND Arkham City GOTY sitting in my library. I downloaded and tried AC GOTY yeasterday, and it runs,

Falcon83
22nd Oct 2013, 05:38
The Director’s Cut (..) contains
-the full Human Revolution game - I have
-all DLC packs (the Missing Link - I have
- the Explosive Mission Pack - I have
- and the Tactical Enhancement Pack) - I have
- along with some improvements to the boss fights - this is patch
- New Game + feature - this is patch
- there are developer commentaries (English-only) - I don't want this s.
- plus the original Making-of video. - I don't want this s.
Conclusion:I have to pay more than 16 euro (comparing to salary in my country each 1 euro costs me 4 euro) for 2 patch options: boss fights and new game+.

THC 303
22nd Oct 2013, 12:20
The Director’s Cut (..) contains
-the full Human Revolution game - I have
-all DLC packs (the Missing Link - I have
- the Explosive Mission Pack - I have
- and the Tactical Enhancement Pack) - I have
- along with some improvements to the boss fights - this is patch
- New Game + feature - this is patch
- there are developer commentaries (English-only) - I don't want this s.
- plus the original Making-of video. - I don't want this s.
Conclusion:I have to pay more than 16 euro (comparing to salary in my country each 1 euro costs me 4 euro) for 2 patch options: boss fights and new game+.

dude you don't have to pay for nothing, if the 5$ for the directors cut isn't worth it to you then don't buy it (also it's not eidos montreal fault you live in country with bad salaries)

but crying over how everything should be free just because some other games did it different then dxhrde (even though the situation isn't comparable at all) is what a five year old would do

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 13:05
I be crying about how much of a wasted opportunity this Director's Cut is.

How much freedom does EM even have, especially when it comes to design?

Anyway, I predict a wasted opportunity. Please surprise me.

The price makes it worth it though, so complaints won't have as much weight, but it's still a wasted opportunity. Let me show you how it's done: Fan's Cut DLC ;)

Tverdyj
22nd Oct 2013, 13:35
yes, yes. Ignore the free DLC WG gave you if you didn't have it and also the example of CDPRed (who are also a "company" and don't have the money-printing machine called "Final Fantasy").

Oh, and of course it's $5 everywhere, because the entire world uses dollars. How silly of him.

and yes, "million new features".... if you buy it on a playbox and use a peripheral.

EDIT: for the record, I have purchased DC. for 5 bucks. I do not support pirating it.

That being said, when I was younger I leved in Eastern Europe, I know about piracy, and not just from stories. And if Western publishers won't adjust their prices to reflect the economic realities and charge someone a quarter of their monthly wages for a game, whereas in the West it's .00025% of someone's monthly wage, piracy will exist. And no amount of "shaming" on the internet and pointing out how one's country is inferior will change that.

As for making it a "patch"... it is NOT a patch. It is a remake of HR, with the entire game being re-done in the TML engine--which was more advanced than the original HR engine. With re-designed levels in certain aspects (boss battles).

Which is the reason it adds as a separate game on Steam and the download is a hefty 15 gigs.

Whether or not EM *should* have done the DC as a patch is diff question. But re-doing all all assets for a 30-h game in a newer engine and then "patching" the old assets would probably be more technically complicated than re-doing it from scratch. To get a "patch" we'd have to settle for new level assets for boss battles. Because EM decided to integrate TML into the main game, they had to do it this way. Because you don't go from more "advanced" tech (TML) to more "obsolete" tech (HR)--only the other way around.

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 13:59
Huh? It's the same engine, they just pushed it further.

There is no way they "re-did all assets from scratch", u mad bro?

TML was released a few months after DX:HR, it definitely uses the same engine, just likely modified a touch.

Tverdyj
22nd Oct 2013, 14:10
Huh? It's the same engine, they just pushed it further.

There is no way they "re-did all assets from scratch", u mad bro?

TML was released a few months after DX:HR, it definitely uses the same engine, just likely modified a touch.

They modified it enough to make TML incompatible with HR.... or so went the party line when they explained why it had to be played separately. If you look at EM interviews around that time, they went to great lengths to explain how TML was using a different iteration of the HR engine, so it was impossible to play the 2 as 1 game. They said the engine was modified to handle things like better weather effects, etc.

chabbles
22nd Oct 2013, 14:32
So is it confirmed or not yet that console owners with all released game content for HR wont be getting an upgrade offer ??

Im kinda jealous of all the people picking this up for the first time, lucky bastards!, your in for a treat.

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 14:36
your in for a treat.

Oh really? For the price, I guess so (and this applies to PC gamers who own TML & DX:HR only). But it's not the "treat" it should have been.

Since I own DX:HR and TML on console, I guess there is no "treat", only disappointment?

THC 303
22nd Oct 2013, 14:51
your disappointment might be a result of false expectations
just be happy we're getting some new deus ex before the sequel drops

merrick97
22nd Oct 2013, 14:52
Just got my DC off of Steam for $5!

Considering that I got the original + TML for $6, $11 for the complete package is a helluva good deal!

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 14:55

I only expect the best, sometimes a little less, but this DC doesn't even come close going off of the announced features.

I'm not getting anything, it's not worth it if I don't get the deal, especially as the features I am currently aware of are mostly noob-like. I'd rather buy Call of Duty: Ghosts. :lol:

I'm not sure if that is even a joke or not. If I get the DC I know I'll be shaking my head at the wasted opportunity that it is, whereas CoD at least I'll be able to enjoy the multiplayer for what it is. I expect much more if it has Deus Ex on the cover, so I don't really see this as "more Deus Ex", I see this as Human Revolution with some minor improvements and some of out of place/game unbalancing additions.

Tverdyj
22nd Oct 2013, 15:02

I wouldn't call it "new"....

The core experience won't be changed in DC. All they did was remove some jarring moments out of an otherwise pretty decent experience.

68_pie
22nd Oct 2013, 15:06
(also it's not eidos montreal fault you live in country with bad salaries)

Wow...

THC 303
22nd Oct 2013, 16:08
I'm not sure if that is even a joke or not. If I get the DC I know I'll be shaking my head at the wasted opportunity that it is, whereas CoD at least I'll be able to enjoy the multiplayer for what it is. I expect much more if it has Deus Ex on the cover, so I don't really see this as "more Deus Ex", I see this as Human Revolution with some minor improvements and some of out of place/game unbalancing additions.

well the minor improvements and the 8 hour commentary alone justify the 5$ pricetag for me
also the five dollars aren't a big deal for me. the low price is also why i really didn't expect to much in the beginning and i think for that low price i'm getting my money worth

CyberP
22nd Oct 2013, 16:59
well the minor improvements and the 8 hour commentary alone justify the 5$ pricetag for me
also the five dollars aren't a big deal for me. the low price is also why i really didn't expect to much in the beginning and i think for that low price i'm getting my money worth

Of course, it's all well and good for those who own the original + DLC on PC.

Directors commentary? I'll watch it on youtube if I care for it ;)

Shralla
22nd Oct 2013, 19:36

Why? I'd rather that they had been using the entire team to work on the sequel instead of giving us a Director's Cut nobody actually ever wanted.

chabbles
22nd Oct 2013, 21:23
Oh really? For the price, I guess so (and this applies to PC gamers who own TML & DX:HR only). But it's not the "treat" it should have been.

Since I own DX:HR and TML on console, I guess there is no "treat", only disappointment?

Yeah, well im in the same boat, HR/dlc packs+TML on ps3.. ill pass right now, you know this is gonna be a tenner in stores after christmas anyway, and even cheaper online.... its a real shame they didnt do a nextgen launch version though, because once i plug in the ps4 i know the ps3 will be collection dust.

And i mean specifically the people who havnt played it already are in for a treat.

vallux
22nd Oct 2013, 21:23
Why? I'd rather that they had been using the entire team to work on the sequel instead of giving us a Director's Cut nobody actually ever wanted.

Pretty sure the Director's Cut was outsourced to like two different studios.

Cannon
22nd Oct 2013, 21:35
Pretty sure the Director's Cut was outsourced to like two different studios.

Correct. The original studio collaborated on what the Director's Cut would be, but other studios implemented and constructed the changes.