PDA

View Full Version : Amazing clip with robots designed by WETA artists

ZakKa89
8th Oct 2013, 20:50
Do i need to say more?

the site (http://biglazyrobot.com/keloid/)

the video (http://vimeo.com/75781782#embed)

Ilves
9th Oct 2013, 16:14
Ugh, really hits the spot in terms of creepiness... Love it! :S

Shame how Aaron Beck's awesome touch was wasted on Elysium, so cool to see it get another moment in the limelight. Hey, thanks for posting.

Shralla
9th Oct 2013, 19:53
Elysium wasn't as good as District 9, but it was still a good sci-fi movie, far better than most of them. I certainly can't think of anything better for this guy's work to be in. I would assume he's going to be working on Chappie as well.

Ilves
9th Oct 2013, 20:21
Elysiums setting and visuals were amazing, but in terms of story it had the nutritional value of a slice of white bread.

Shralla
9th Oct 2013, 20:30
I think you're suffering the same Disappointment 9 syndrome that most people are. Was it District 9 quality? No. It was still a far better story than in the vast majority of recent sci-fi, and it was a way better story than the previews were indicating. It's not something I'll watch as regularly as District 9, but I'll give it another view.

But we can definitely agree that the visuals were awesome, and this guy's work is amazing. I'd like to see more.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2013, 13:44
Woah, thanks for sharing; this could be good. Will wait to hear more.

JCpies
10th Oct 2013, 13:54
Is that a trailer or the film itself?

ZakKa89
12th Oct 2013, 08:14
I think you're suffering the same Disappointment 9 syndrome that most people are. Was it District 9 quality? No. It was still a far better story than in the vast majority of recent sci-fi, and it was a way better story than the previews were indicating. It's not something I'll watch as regularly as District 9, but I'll give it another view.

But we can definitely agree that the visuals were awesome, and this guy's work is amazing. I'd like to see more.

I'll give it another view for the amazingly well directed action and sound design. The weapons sound and look awesome. It has some serious issues on the plot department, but the film was jolly good fun :D

Shralla
12th Oct 2013, 09:13
Is that a trailer or the film itself?

I assume that's the film itself. The guy is an animator/artist, not a director or producer. Then again, so was Neill Blomkamp!