PDA

View Full Version : Why is the WiiU version of the Director's Cut $50 and the PS3/Xbox 360 $30?

scryedzxp
6th Oct 2013, 17:03
Amazon Listing (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BORFD9Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1530N7WE0EANDED6BQF6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846)

First, I know.. they're developing for a system they're unfamiliar with which required more resources, etc, which is probably why they're selling it for more. But they STILL brought all of those Wii U features to the other consoles, which now makes it the exact same game across all platforms which, IMO, does not justify the $20 gap.

Second, I doubt it's a temporary pricing since there's only like 2 weeks until launch.

Either way, Bad move, Eidos/SE, no one in their right mind is going to pay $50 for a 3-year-old game whose new features can be found on other consoles for much less.

I guess I'll be getting the Wii U version off of eBay as there's no way I'm going to support them if they're just going to try to swindle me with that outrageous pricing.

JCpies
6th Oct 2013, 17:20
Well, if it weren't for the Wii U, I doubt there would be a director's cut.

Shralla
6th Oct 2013, 17:22
ALL of the features? You mean like gamepad and second screen implementation, which was likely the most expensive part to develop?

Doom972
6th Oct 2013, 17:34
Everyone who wanted to play this game on the PC/Xbox 360/PS3 already bought it and played it. I doubt many people would buy it on those platforms at $30, let alone $50. On the WiiU, it's considered a brand new game.

If you have a capable PC, you may want to wait for a Steam sale instead.

scryedzxp
6th Oct 2013, 17:58
ALL of the features? You mean like gamepad and second screen implementation, which was likely the most expensive part to develop?

They did bring the touchpad/second screen feature to the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version as well, which means that they have to put even MORE development time and thus more expensive to get it to work on the Vita and SmartGlass, but they still didn't charge for extra for those platforms.

Everyone who wanted to play this game on the PC/Xbox 360/PS3 already bought it and played it. I doubt many people would buy it on those platforms at $30, let alone $50. On the WiiU, it's considered a brand new game.

If you have a capable PC, you may want to wait for a Steam sale instead.

Yeah. I realize that there's a new audience on the Wii U but for the many people who have already played HR but want to play it on the Wii U for the second screen feature (as we probably don't have neither Smart Glass or a Vita) the price they're asking for is just too much. And besides.. my PC sucks; I have to put everything on low settings.

---

I'm just saying that there's no justifiable reason for such a huge price gap aside from them taking advantage of Wii U owners and overcharging them.

Doom972
7th Oct 2013, 04:00
They did bring the touchpad/second screen feature to the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version as well, which means that they have to put even MORE development time and thus more expensive to get it to work on the Vita and SmartGlass, but they still didn't charge for extra for those platforms.

Yeah. I realize that there's a new audience on the Wii U but for the many people who have already played HR but want to play it on the Wii U for the second screen feature (as we probably don't have neither Smart Glass or a Vita) the price they're asking for is just too much. And besides.. my PC sucks; I have to put everything on low settings.

---

I'm just saying that there's no justifiable reason for such a huge price gap aside from them taking advantage of Wii U owners and overcharging them.

I agree. I just told you what I assume to be their reasoning.

brethren
7th Oct 2013, 05:22
So since the PC version won't have any of the "2nd screen" nonsense, can we expect it's price point to be even lower? Say, like $15-20? I don't see how you can charge even $30 if all you're getting is some minor graphical enhancements and some reworked boss fights. The DLC it's including can be bought for only $9 on Steam.

HERESY
7th Oct 2013, 05:25
So since the PC version won't have any of the "2nd screen" nonsense, can we expect it's price point to be even lower? Say, like $15-20? I don't see how you can charge even $30 if all you're getting is some minor graphical enhancements and some reworked boss fights. The DLC it's including can be bought for only $9 on Steam.

The PC version has a second screen via smartglass.

This info can be found on the forums.

It's more than minor graphical enhancements and reworked boss fights.

brethren
7th Oct 2013, 05:31

Smartglass is for the 360, not PCs. There is no "2nd screen" device that I'm aware of that can be used with PCs.

And from the descriptions I've read, here on the forums and the web, the DC will include reworked boss fights, the previously released DLC, and some enhanced graphics. If you know of anything else, feel free to enlighten me.

HERESY
7th Oct 2013, 08:52
Smartglass is for the 360, not PCs. There is no "2nd screen" device that I'm aware of that can be used with PCs.

And from the descriptions I've read, here on the forums and the web, the DC will include reworked boss fights, the previously released DLC, and some enhanced graphics. If you know of anything else, feel free to enlighten me.

You're incorrect on all fronts. Smartglass can be used with android, iOS, windows phones and other windows device. Use the search engine.

About the DC, it's already been outlined in numerous threads. It isn't just a graphical overhaul, new boss battles and 2nd screen.

Search engine...

brethren
7th Oct 2013, 14:21
Heresy, you're wrong. Stop acting like a know-it-all when you're facts are incorrect. Pay attention now:

Smartglass is a software app. It can be run on android, iOS, and windows devices FOR the Xbox 360. NOT for the PC. Understand now? Check this page (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/smartglass) if you still are having trouble. Just because something says "Windows" doesn't mean it relates to a PC.

And all the things I've listed here - 2nd screen, new boss fights, enhanced visuals, and DLC (previously released) - are the majority of what is included in the Director's Cut. Check the official website (http://www.deusex.com/directorscut) if you're still unable to figure it all out.

And in the future, instead of just saying "you're wrong, use a search engine," try offering up some useful information of your own to contribute to the thread.

CyberP
7th Oct 2013, 14:47
Lol @ your sig.

HERESY
7th Oct 2013, 22:23
Heresy, you're wrong. Stop acting like a know-it-all when you're facts are incorrect. Pay attention now:

Smartglass is a software app. It can be run on android, iOS, and windows devices FOR the Xbox 360. NOT for the PC. Understand now? Check this page (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/smartglass) if you still are having trouble. Just because something says "Windows" doesn't mean it relates to a PC.

You probably wish you were a know it all or knew something of importance but stop projecting, kid.

In regards to your link I posted it days ago. I understood before I posted it.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1953276&postcount=4

M$ have already stated they are looking into smartglass for PC's but haven't said anything about a release date. If, at launch, there is no second screen function for the PC I'd say that's wrong. However, the majority of people here who were begging for the DC, and pc players, constantly said they didn't want the second screen. Again, use your search engine.

And all the things I've listed here - 2nd screen, new boss fights, enhanced visuals, and DLC (previously released) - are the majority of what is included in the Director's Cut. Check the official website (http://www.deusex.com/directorscut) if you're still unable to figure it all out.

You went from " all you're getting is some minor graphical enhancements and some reworked boss fights" to posting a link which doesn't explain much. I'll help you, kid. This link pertains tot he wiiU version but everything, aside from

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/square-enix-details-all-changes-in-deus-ex-human-revolution-director%E2%80%99s-cut.452926875/

After you read that use your search function to find the classic post in which I provided a link that contained an exhaustive list of changes. No one else will be getting the dev commentary and some of the other perks found within the wiiU version.

And in the future, instead of just saying "you're wrong, use a search engine," try offering up some useful information of your own to contribute to the thread.

The day you purchase a pc for me, pay my internet bill, pay my electricity, pay my mortgage and put money in my bank accounts will be the day I'll probably consider what you just said. Probably, kid...

brethren
7th Oct 2013, 23:03
In regards to your link I posted it days ago. I understood before I posted it.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1953276&postcount=4

Uh huh. If that's true, why did you post this?

Which is 100% not true.

M$ have already stated they are looking into smartglass for PC's but haven't said anything about a release date.

You're contradicting yourself now. Got a link on that? And please don't tell me to search the forums. You made the statement, now back it up.

HERESY
8th Oct 2013, 02:03
Google is your friend.

Jhomjim
8th Oct 2013, 17:32
Heresy, you could not be more wrong.
First, Smartglass does not, and will not, work on PC's for a second screen experience in terms of playing games. Take your own advice, kid, and use a search engine. So that's patently false. Microsoft has NEVER said anything about about Smartglass second screen experiences on PC...never. That link you posted a few days ago pertains to using Windows 8, iOS, Android, etc. as Smartglass for your Xbox games. Allow me to repeat, your Xbox games. Not PC, Xbox. Instead of dodging questions by telling others to use a search engine, perhaps your time would be better spent working on your reading comprehension?
Secondly, that link to an IGN post sums up that graphical enhancements and reworked boss fights is essentially what you're getting. Here's a link to a Polygon article that states that Wii U Gamepad functionality will be ported to the other systems.
http://www.polygon.com/mac/2013/6/11/4420764/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-also-coming-to-360-ps3-mac-and
Here's a quote from said article- "The second-screen functionality designed for the Wii U's tablet controller will be ported to Xbox SmartGlass and PS Vita, though how PC and Mac players will take advantage of it is unclear."
I do believe that is what's referred to as checkmate. You know how long it took me to find all this out? About 10-15 minutes. Again, take your own advice and use a search engine before being a condescending jerk to others.

HERESY
8th Oct 2013, 18:25
Heresy, you could not be more wrong.
First, Smartglass does not, and will not, work on PC's for a second screen experience in terms of playing games. Take your own advice, kid, and use a search engine. So that's patently false. Microsoft has NEVER said anything about about Smartglass second screen experiences on PC...never.

Again, M$ already talked about it. In fact, they did so RIGHT AFTER E3. I can't remember if it was that Orullian guy, but they talked about it right after E3. He siad xbox one was the priority, and that smartglass was something they were looking into but had no definite date yet.

That link you posted a few days ago pertains to using Windows 8, iOS, Android, etc. as Smartglass for your Xbox games. Allow me to repeat, your Xbox games.

No one said it didn't.

Not PC, Xbox. Instead of dodging questions by telling others to use a search engine, perhaps your time would be better spent working on your reading comprehension?

Use your search engine it's all there.

Secondly, that link to an IGN post sums up that graphical enhancements and reworked boss fights is essentially what you're getting. Here's a link to a Polygon article that states that Wii U Gamepad functionality will be ported to the other systems.http://www.polygon.com/mac/2013/6/11/4420764/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-also-coming-to-360-ps3-mac-and Here's a quote from said article- "The second-screen functionality designed for the Wii U's tablet controller will be ported to Xbox SmartGlass and PS Vita, though how PC and Mac players will take advantage of it is unclear."

Incorrect. You're getting more than graphical enhancements and reworked boss fights. How mac players will take advantage is the big question but, according to the guy who spoke right after E3 about smartglass, they were looking into it for PC but had no date.

I do believe that is what's referred to as checkmate.

Never checkmate, son. It's going to take someone operating at full logical capacity to outwit me. You ain't he.

You know how long it took me to find all this out? About 10-15 minutes. Again, take your own advice and use a search engine before being a condescending jerk to others.

You've said nothing that wasn't already stated so you wasted 15 minutes.

Microsoft. Interview after E3. Google. Is. Your. Friend.

Jhomjim
9th Oct 2013, 16:07
Dude, MS has NEVER said that Smartglass is coming to PC. NEVER. It doesn't matter if you use Google, Bing, Yahoo, or whatever, it's not out there. Quit saying it is, because it's not. Quit being obtuse about this.
If you are so confident that it was said, show us the proof. Don't say "Use your search engine" because I have. Others have as well. Produce proof or be quiet about it. The burden is on you now, because I guarantee you that you will not be able to show us the interview in which it was said. Nowhere on the official Smartglass site does it mention that you can use it with your PC, NOWHERE. It's an Xbox thing. I accuse you of being a misinformed liar who's spreading false information.
And again, work on your reading comprehension. The Wii U version will largely be similar to the 360 and PS3 versions. That Polygon story I linked to says precisely that. Don't like Polygon? Try Joystiq, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, or any other source of gaming information you like. The 360 and PS3 versions will have everything on the IGN boards list that they can have, with the exception being improved graphical ability that isn't possible on those systems. Shall I go through the whole list?

"More than a port Marketing speak
Eidos Montreal says it’s the “ultimate edition of the game”More marketing speak
Eidos is working with Straight Right on the game Irrelevant
Deus Ex’s boss battles were originally outsourced Known info
The three bosses have had their map layouts reworked to provide players with alternative potential strategies Available on all 3 systems
New hacking challenges are available to players who focus on hacking, and stealth options are available to those who focus on stealth Available on all 3 systems
Barrett’s map has been reworked to provide a second additional layer so Jensen can hide, forcing his foe to lose sight of him Further explanation about reworked boss battles
Energy system is more forgiving on Wii U Likely coming to the other systems as well
Can have two energy cell recharge by default on all but the hardest difficulty Same, likely coming to the other systems as well
Players can now use Jensen’s augmentation powers more freely Gameplay tweak
Improved AI for enemies to include the tweaks made for The Missing Link downloadable expansion Included in all 3 systems
Enemy cone of vision has been retrofitted into the entire game for the Wii U version Likely coming to all 3 systems
Missing Link DLC originally looked better than the main game since the developers were more comfortable with their tools when they came to create them Known info
Missing Link’s improved visuals have now been applied to Director’s Cut full game Coming to all 3 systems, though Wii U should be better
Includes better shaders and revamped lighting system As we said, improved graphics
New fog system that “makes the atmosphere really stand out” Graphics
Choppy shadows are now smoothed Graphics
Visual improvements not possible on the Xbox 360 since there’s not enough disc space available Graphics
Anti-aliasing also wouldn’t work on the console but is in for Wii U Graphics
GamePad used for new augmentation called Neural Hub Smartglass. Vita
The game’s Smart Vision augmentation, which allows players to see enemies through walls, was extended and fused with the GamePad, resulting in the Neural Hub Info about second screen stuff
Use the GamePad to see enemy health, armor type (heavy, medium, or light) and loot Smartglass, Vita
Can use the GamePad to navigate menus, display the map, augmentation system, inventory, etc. Smartglass, Vita
Swipe controls Smartglass, Vita
Grenade throwback: equip a proximity detector that alerts him to a nearby grenade Smartglass, Vita
If an enemy chucks a grenade at you, the GamePad will vibrate, and you can swipe the touch-screen to pick it up and lob it back Smartglass, Vita
Touch screen shows Jensen’s radar by default, which is a sort of hybrid between the main radar and the 2D map Smartglass, Vita
Can open the 2D map on the GamePad and use the stylus to write notes that will appear on the main radar screen Smartglass, Vita
Use the touch screen for the hacking mini-game Smartglass, Vita
Weapons that have a scope (ex: sniper rifle) will let you use your TV to center your target, then enter a precision mode using the touch-screen, which displays the cross-hair Smartglass, Vita
Around 8 hours of commentary from Eidos Montreal Unknown, likely exclusive to Wii U but maybe not
Icons dotted around the world can activate this voice over, and you’re free to continue playing as you listen Unknown, likely exclusive to Wii U but maybe not"

Well, there you have it. The ONLY thing that could possibly be exclusive to the Wii U version is the commentary, and that's not guaranteed, especially factoring in PC and Mac. Reworked boss fights? On all systems. Second screen stuff? On all systems except PC and Mac. Improved graphics? Yeah, the Wii U version should be the best console version. This is all stuff that we've been saying. Pull your head out and pay better attention next time.
And unless you're going to provide a link to that MS interview where they discuss Smartglass for PC games (which does not exist, by the way) then don't bother responding. I went through your argument piece by piece and tore it up. You're done.

AlexOfSpades
9th Oct 2013, 16:22
Oh so we're getting 30 dollars price because someone during E3 mentioned a possible app that could possibly work with the game we're getting (and nobody can even find evidence to support this rumour). I see. Totally legit reason.

Tverdyj
9th Oct 2013, 16:55
Following the E3 trend, you'll probably need a tablet or a phone to use SmartGlass with PC.

which to me is not "bringing it to PC."

HERESY
9th Oct 2013, 21:19
Dude, MS has NEVER said that Smartglass is coming to PC. NEVER. It doesn't matter if you use Google, Bing, Yahoo, or whatever, it's not out there. Quit saying it is, because it's not. Quit being obtuse about this.

Phil Spencer had something very interesting to say about xbox one and pc crossplay today and it ties into what an editor of CVG reported last year. Very interesting reads, I wish you could read them right now.

So those things, coupled with the statement made right after the E3 presentation are all I need. You on the other hand? Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL, etc...all gooooooooooood friends of yours.

ETA: I wonder how DICE was able to pull off the second screen for the PC version of Battlefield 4. They've already said it was exclusive to PC and next gen. Maybe a companion app...anyone back to exposing you.

If you are so confident that it was said, show us the proof.

That's one thing I stopped doing on here because when I asked for proof people NEVER provided it yet I was the one always providing link after link after link. Those days are OVER.

Don't say "Use your search engine" because I have.
*edited out*

Others have as well.

Then they're in the same boat as yourself.

Produce proof or be quiet about it.

I've addressed this. Until you contribute to my lifestyle, in a positive way, your requests and demands fall on deaf ears.

The burden is on you now, because I guarantee you that you will not be able to show us the interview in which it was said.

The proof is out there. It's not my fault you can't find it.

Nowhere on the official Smartglass site does it mention that you can use it with your PC, NOWHERE. It's an Xbox thing.

Someone clearly hasn't been reading. If it was something they were looking into, but had no definitive date, why WOULD you see it on the official website? Now if it were up to me, I'd say to hell with people on the PC, people such as yourself, and keep the tech on the consoles, but today's statements, coupled with those made in the past show inconsiderate, petulant and entitled gamers will get what they don't deserve.

I accuse you of being a misinformed liar who's spreading false information.

Take a number and stand in line.

And again, work on your reading comprehension.

Trust me, it's not something I need to work on as I practice it day in and out. You, on the other hand, need to look into why your public school system has failed you.

The Wii U version will largely be similar to the 360 and PS3 versions. That Polygon story I linked to says precisely that. Don't like Polygon? Try Joystiq, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, or any other source of gaming information you like. The 360 and PS3 versions will have everything on the IGN boards list that they can have, with the exception being improved graphical ability that isn't possible on those systems. Shall I go through the whole list?

Is anyone disputing this?

snip due to being a waste of bandwidth...

If console gamers are getting most or all the second screen functions, AI changes, bug fixes, etc how then can it simply be "graphical enhancements and reworked boss fights?"

Well, there you have it. The ONLY thing that could possibly be exclusive to the Wii U version is the commentary, and that's not guaranteed, especially factoring in PC and Mac. Reworked boss fights? On all systems. Second screen stuff? On all systems except PC and Mac. Improved graphics? Yeah, the Wii U version should be the best console version. This is all stuff that we've been saying. Pull your head out and pay better attention next time.

This statement is proof that you don't read. Did you read when I previously said, "No one else will be getting the dev commentary and some of the other perks found within the wiiU version?" You just said EXACTLY what I said posts ago, lol. What YOU were saying is that the DC is enhanced boss fights and graphics, told you were wrong, asked for more and now you're singing a different tune. Again, if you have a second screen, AI changes, bug fixes, etc how then is it simply a matter of enhanced boss fights and graphics? :lol:

And unless you're going to provide a link to that MS interview where they discuss Smartglass for PC games (which does not exist, by the way) then don't bother responding. I went through your argument piece by piece and tore it up. You're done.

Again, until you pay my bills and contribute to my lifestyle, what you say is meaningless. I do what I do, within the confines of the TOU. Live with it.

As far as tearing up my "argument"...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The imaginative worlds some of you have created for yourselves are truly impressive.

Jerion
10th Oct 2013, 15:43
Thread re-opened. Carry on in a civil and respectful manner. You don't have to be outright friendly but we won't have needless antagonism here.

Darthassin
10th Oct 2013, 15:57
Does anyone know why DXHRDC isn't present and ready for pre-order on Steam yet?

Tverdyj
10th Oct 2013, 16:10
Thread re-opened. Carry on in a civil and respectful manner. You don't have to be outright friendly but we won't have needless antagonism here.

I'll repeat my first point, which remains valid.

BF4 did second screen via tablet. Tablet=/=PC.

Jhomjim
12th Oct 2013, 14:56
Ok, hold up. Allow me to clarify a few things. When Phil Spencer (or anyone else, for that matter) talks about crossplay between Xbox One and PC he's talking about Xbox One owners and PC owners being able to play the same game against each other. How is this relevant to what we're talking about? We were discussing Smartglass not being on PC, not the ability to play crossplatform with other players.
Second point, the second screen experience on Battlefield 4 is about looking at your stats, loadouts, etc. That's not the same as the second screen actually being an integral part of the game. That's all stuff that could, and should, easily be done on the pause screen.
The part I'm really not clear on is this.

"This statement is proof that you don't read. Did you read when I previously said, "No one else will be getting the dev commentary and some of the other perks found within the wiiU version?" You just said EXACTLY what I said posts ago, lol. What YOU were saying is that the DC is enhanced boss fights and graphics, told you were wrong, asked for more and now you're singing a different tune. Again, if you have a second screen, AI changes, bug fixes, etc how then is it simply a matter of enhanced boss fights and graphics?"

What I and others have been telling you is that the Wii U version is $20 more expensive than the 360 and PS3 version even though they are largely the same game. I explained that the only perk the Wii U version has is the commentary, and enhanced graphics. The second screen, AI changes, bug fixes, enhanced boss fights, etc. is also on the 360 and PS3 versions. What other perks are there? None. I went through that list one by one and eliminated everything. What other perks are there? How can the $20 price difference be justified if the only perk is dev commentary?