PDA

View Full Version : Project proposal for TR's 20th anniversary; helloooo Meagan Marie, LOOK here

AdobeArtist
24th Sep 2013, 23:29
We're just 3 years away. 3 years to celebrating Tomb Raider's 20th anniversary. In a medium this young that is one hell of a milestone. And while I'm sure CD, Eidos, and Square Enix will go about their plans to commemorate the moment, I suddenly had this inspiration for an idea I want to present here, a proposal to CD.

Over the years Lara has been represented in the flesh by 9 ladies lucky enough to be the real life face of Lara Croft. So during that hallmark year in 2016, would be a great time to bring them together (from Rhona Mitra to Alison Carroll) for an ensemble photo shoot.

"awww, come Adobe Artist, this has been done before, how is this so special?"

Oh ye of little faith, did you think my vision so narrow? ;)

While gathering the complete cast of official promo models to be in one shot would be cool in and of itself (it didn't happen with Alison before), c'mon... this is the 20th Anniversary!!! Oh I think we can do better than that.

Because Lara has been represented not just by Eidos in official media, but by some incredibly talented fans in the community via COSPLAY. Oh yes, I think they should get their due, and there are some out there who have fostered their own "celebrity" status on the internet, who are well known among fans for their amazing portrayals. I'm talking Tiphaine (aka illyne on deviant art), Jenn Croft, Tanya Croft, Lena Lara, Dayna Baby Lou, and this simply would not be complete without our own beloved Meagan Marie who has graced the scene with her depiction of Tokyo dress Lara :) :flowers:

There are of course others, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head for now.

Just imagine the photo composition, all 9 official promo models together with a plethora of well known and established cosplayers representing the fandom of the community, combining their talents in one ultimate depiction to the legacy of Lara Croft. Now THAT's a 20th anniversary tribute to THE lady of gaming!!!! :D:D

Now my original concept was this ensemble cast in one gigantic spread, to see them all together for the first time on such a huge scale. But as I kept on thinking about this I considered... with this rare opportunity having them all in one spot, there is so much more we could do with this. Liiiiiiiiike... making a commemorative calendar to be sold on the TR store. To make it diverse, this wouldn't be the whole cast in 12 different compositions, but to mix it up with 1 cosplayer paired up with 1 promo model in a duet composition for each month. So many possibilities here.

This is an ambitious undertaking I'll grant you, especially with some of these cosplayers coming from diverse settings that includes France, Australia, and the Ukraine. So with my proposal, I'm pleading to CD/Eidos/SE to fund this project, and see how it would be worthwhile to provide the air travel for the distant cosplayers and bring them all together for the group shoot to end all Tomb Raider shoots. Oh... and maybe you can bring little ol me in as the ummm... creative director on this undertaking? ;) :cool: :o

So Meagan, I ask your attention on this, as it's not possible without you. You my dear are the insider source, our direct line to the offices of Crystal Dynamics, that this idea can be passed forward, that contact can be made with all the models and cosplayers (and so many end out invitations to)... and the wheels can be set in motion.

This is something that can be done, that should be done, that MUST be done. For Lara. For the fans!! :D:D:D

AdobeArtist
25th Sep 2013, 03:04
Lots and lots of views here. Soooooo.... any thoughts? Anybody? :) :o

and yes, you can feel free to shout out "reach exceeding his grasp" :p :nut:

a_big_house
25th Sep 2013, 08:08
Promo models AND Voice Actresses

pirate1802
25th Sep 2013, 08:25
Noice oidea mayte :thumb:

Shaikh
25th Sep 2013, 16:49
Tomb Raider II remake with next-gen engine for 2016. :D :D :D Please let it be true. :D

Treeble
25th Sep 2013, 20:05
I love the idea in the OP. It's been done before, yes, but if they manage to go through with this one (official models + cosplayers), can I please ask that they're all in character? Different ensembles too, so as to represent the many different adventures over the last 20 years. :)

AdobeArtist
25th Sep 2013, 22:46
I love the idea in the OP. It's been done before, yes, but if they manage to go through with this one (official models + cosplayers), can I please ask that they're all in character? Different ensembles too, so as to represent the many different adventures over the last 20 years. :)

That's exactly my idea. With that many models and cosplayers together, we could have the full spectrum of Lara's fashion; from all the defaults (LAU), to wetsuits, catsuits, arctic gear, desert outfits, denim, dresses, and so on.

OR... just something that occurred to me a couple hours ago, 3 themed sets;

* Adventure theme - so all the mission outfits we're familiar with

* Style & Glamor - a mix of dresses, very contrasted to the first concept of sporty and adventuring, this is the cultured and sophisticated side of Lara. While you'd expect the Tokyo and opera house dresses, but to avoid repetition the other models could have the freedom to model any dress of their choosing that fits Lara's classy and smart image.

* Casual - This would be all the ladies relaxed in casual attire, simply being just themselves, and not trying to be Lara. Both figuratively and literally they can let their hair down for this :)

Promo models AND Voice Actresses

*thwaps head*

Now why didn't I think of that?? :nut: Of course my concept is around those who represented Lara in the flesh, assuming her appearance from various styles and eras. And the photo composition is mainly centered all the ladies portraying Lara. Not sure how that would work in the visual theme. OK, so we know Camilla could easily pull a Lara look in adventure and after hours, the rest not so sure about in that context.

Wh1t3Kn1te
26th Sep 2013, 01:01
i would like them to remake all the tomb raiders for the next gen systems and have a special disk, or set of disks, with special behind the scenes, soundtracks, fan art, etc..

i know it would be a big task, but it would be so worth it for the fans since very few critics thought she would last this long, especially when tomb raider 3 didnt do as well as hoped.

larafan25
26th Sep 2013, 03:23
Just re-make favorite/ most iconic locations from each game up to AOD (yaaas).

But do it with the reboot mechanics and a remade classic Lara (THOUGH STILL KEEP THE LEVEL DESIGN WITH KEYS AND STUFF).

Essentially.

Weemanply109
26th Sep 2013, 18:42
Great ideas. I'm for it. :p

MeaganMarie
27th Sep 2013, 23:45
How funny! I found myself thinking about TR's 20th this past weekend and brainstorming some fun stuff we could do. I'm not committing to anything so far out, but feel free to keep dumping ideas here! I love hearing how you guys would like to celebrate. :)

AdobeArtist
28th Sep 2013, 03:43
How funny! I found myself thinking about TR's 20th this past weekend and brainstorming some fun stuff we could do. I'm not committing to anything so far out, but feel free to keep dumping ideas here! I love hearing how you guys would like to celebrate. :)

Surely as an accomplished cosplayer yourself, my proposal strikes a chord with you ;)

CakeLuv
28th Sep 2013, 05:17
Am I the only who Fangirls when Meagan comments on threads? xD

AdobeArtist
28th Sep 2013, 05:52

You're not alone ;) (except I fanboy, :o )

DrCroft
28th Sep 2013, 12:54

Nope I do too! :D

Loving the ideas by the way, it will be exciting to see how the 20th Anniversary is celebrated :)

CakeLuv
28th Sep 2013, 15:03
You're not alone ;) (except I fanboy, :o )

No... nu, it's still called Fangirling. :3

RybatGrimes
29th Sep 2013, 07:48
How about a port of all the classics, in "HD" to Xbox One, and PS4? :D
I'd say Xbox 360 as well, but 3 years down the line we'll be well into next gen.

Or something to do with all of the voice actors. I'd love to hear from them since they never really got recognition back then.

Shaikh
29th Sep 2013, 16:47
We can't celebrate without your help. And the best celebration could be a Tomb Raider II remake. :D

Tecstar70
1st Oct 2013, 08:58
Would CD remake an old TR, considering that the reboot is here and TR10 is in production?

Having said that, as the next gen consoles are more PC-based architecture maybe remaking it won't be such a task. I guess what would be cool would be to see the old TR's 1-6 (though I could live without AoD lol) be updated and released for Xbox One/Xbox 360/PS3/PS4,

AdobeArtist
6th Nov 2013, 03:36
SO the forums are back from that week long hiatus, and I just don't want to see this project proposal fall off the wayside. The 20th Anniversary is a BIG deal.

Tomb Raider and Lara needs a standout way to commemorate that, and this is something that shows how Lara has gone beyond the gaming medium, and really made an impact in people's lives, so much so that she became such a powerful influence to have so many emulating her in their real lives.

I also thought of a name for this, to call it "The Many Faces of Lara Croft". C'mooooooon Meagan and Crystal Dynamics, let's see this dream realized :D:D

:flowers::flowers:

larafan25
6th Nov 2013, 04:37
How about a port of all the classics, in "HD" to Xbox One, and PS4? :D
I'd say Xbox 360 as well, but 3 years down the line we'll be well into next gen.

Or something to do with all of the voice actors. I'd love to hear from them since they never really got recognition back then.

omg. Imagine TR1-5 for Next Gen. AHHH. <3

AdobeArtist
6th Jan 2014, 23:55
A new year begins and that means we're just 2 years away from that 20th Anniversary landmark. So here I am just doing what I can, in my own little way on a forum, to get this endeavor off the ground.

Let's do it for the cosplayers who deserve recognition for making Lara a mainstream icon.
Let's do this for the fans who took a series and made a community out of it.
Let's do this for... LARA :D

Elliot Kane
7th Jan 2014, 01:17
What I'd actually like to see for the 20th anniversary is a new game, but not the full length thing you are doubtless thinking of!

Around the time of TR4, a small promotional game was made for The Times newspaper. It's not very long, but it's well worth playing, for those of you who have never heard of it.

A small free game, released as a celebration of the anniversary would seem like a very nice thank you to fans, and also provide a taster that may entice other gamers to try TR if they have not done so already.

In my ideal version, Lara does a bit of a 'Guardian Of Light' and teams up with another notable British icon - either James Bond or The Doctor - for the adventure. I suspect that may not prove too easy to do though, unfortunately.

Driber
7th Jan 2014, 18:32
Nice idea for a thread, AA :thumb:

Once TR10 picks up steam and that forum section becomes more popular than this one, remind us to move your thread there!

As for the remake wishes - I'd hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I doubt that is a realistic wish. There was already a remake of TR1 and it didn't do all that well. Besides, do we not all rather want CD to fully focus on TR10/TR11? :)

Woogiemush
26th Jan 2014, 06:40
Wow, just to think... 20 years. It feels weird saying it, 20 years. 15 was big, but now it's 20 years!

But, I think it'd be great if all original games were ported to the current generation of consoles. No, I don't mean remastered or whatever, just the original ones. It would be great to play it on the PS4.

RybatGrimes
26th Jan 2014, 07:10
As for the remake wishes - I'd hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I doubt that is a realistic wish. There was already a remake of TR1 and it didn't do all that well. Besides, do we not all rather want CD to fully focus on TR10/TR11? :)

Idk if you're referring to my post, or what Larafan said maybe confused you, but I wasn't saying to remake them, I'm saying HD ports of the classics. I don't think it would take up much of their resources since they can port TR1 to the iphone/ipad and do the definitive edition whilst still maintaining development of the sequel. :p Plus 20 years is a big milestone and we wouldn't be celebrating anything if it weren't for the classics! :D

Driber
23rd Jun 2014, 19:34
Idk if you're referring to my post, or what Larafan said maybe confused you, but I wasn't saying to remake them, I'm saying HD ports of the classics. I don't think it would take up much of their resources since they can port TR1 to the iphone/ipad and do the definitive edition whilst still maintaining development of the sequel. :p Plus 20 years is a big milestone and we wouldn't be celebrating anything if it weren't for the classics! :D

Hmm, thing is, the classics were made so long ago, there might not be any HD assets readily available, and thus all the textures would have to be made from scratch, if so. I imagine that would indeed take up a lot of resources.

With the LAU trilogy it was different because those were more recent, meaning higher resolution textures available than with the classics, probably. Plus different tools were used.

daventry
23rd Jun 2014, 19:38
Why not make the 20th Anniversary with the Guardian of Light and the Temple of Osiris Graphics Engine, no need to Super HD it up like TR2013

I assume some minor things would be cut from the TR2 20TH Anniversary like the two T-REX Dinosaurs at the Wall of China from the Beginning of the Game since its strange that Nobody after 65 Billion Years never discovered Live ones.

AdobeArtist
23rd Jun 2014, 20:16
Glad to see my thread in here now. When I first made this proposal last year, it was made in mind with Meagan Marie who was a community member and had contact with the powers that be in CD. Not to mention being a cosplayer herself. So she'd be our insider to get the wheels rolling on this.

But then I found out she left the fold so now I wonder how the proposal set here can reach the ears of CD and/ore SE, to create this commemoration project.

While I get the appeal of anniversary game remakes, it's just become something a bit common place that could be done for any game.

What I'm driving at is a testament to the legacy of Lara Croft herself, the impact she's made as a character on so many lives, that she's more than just a character, but really a role model.

And sure there was a collected photo shoot of the official promo models before, before Alison Carroll represented a game, but never in the scale of all of them AND a host of cosplayers (that out number the official models) who made a name representing Lara.

This is a testament that makes a statement of how influential Lara has been in the gaming landscape, simultaneously paying tribute to the community who honors her with such devotion. Basically giving them their much deserved due. Oh and I even came up with a name for it; The Many Faces of Lara Croft :cool:

Of course the 20th Anniversary being a major milestone, the celebrations and tributes need not be limited to just this. I should think Square Enix find it appropriate to extend a sizable budget towards this celebration. Even other simple projects like a collected gallery of the fan art which has grown over the years, which is yet another community tribute.

Perhaps the anniversary games could be made, though I think it would make more sense to pay tribute to them in the form of a retrospective video; revisiting all the titles in sequence through a a guided narrative, covering the historical relevance and covering the evolution of the character and the directions her numerous adventures has taken her. This would also free the dev teams to focus on making still newer games :)

But again, without that one special community member who had the inside track to CD itself, how to get the initiative going now? :scratch::scratch:

Driber
23rd Jun 2014, 20:31
I assume some minor things would be cut from the TR2 20TH Anniversary like the two T-REX Dinosaurs at the Wall of China from the Beginning of the Game since its strange that Nobody after 65 Billion Years never discovered Live ones.

What on earth are you talking about? :scratch:

daventry
23rd Jun 2014, 20:41
Remember in TR2, there was this Chasm with the 2 T-Rexs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFduhxZleI

Driber
23rd Jun 2014, 21:46
lol I know TR2 quite well, so I'm aware of the T-rex's in the game :p

I was asking why you think they would have to be cut from a possible remake :scratch:

Treeble
23rd Jun 2014, 22:53
Because reasons, of course. :D

-

Re the topic, in light of recent announcements...

We're still two years away of the 20th, if that timeframe was shorter I think they could release a comemorative DLC pack for ToO with four levels inspired by TR2 or something (not really TR1 because we had Anniversary the other time around, plus I still want isometric snowy environments lol).

Could be a way to look back into the past without breaking the narrative brought in with the new continuity, while at the same time breathing something different into ToO (not to mention, for the fansTM as well).

Never gonna happen though. Hope they do something though, even if merely symbolic as the 15th anniversary... in that case, however, they better start planning well ahead for the 25th. I want the Year of Lara. :p

NSW_pride
24th Jun 2014, 03:22
I'd much rather have CD concentrate on making ROTTR and beyond that, rather than remaking past TR's

As for something to commemorate the 20th anniversary. This is probably wishful thinking, how about something similar to the Halo Master Chief Collection with all the games, for PS4, Xbone, Wii U & PC. But that's probably wishful thinking.

WinterSoldierLTE
22nd Jul 2014, 22:47
What I'd actually like to see for the 20th anniversary is a new game, but not the full length thing you are doubtless thinking of!

Around the time of TR4, a small promotional game was made for The Times newspaper. It's not very long, but it's well worth playing, for those of you who have never heard of it.

A small free game, released as a celebration of the anniversary would seem like a very nice thank you to fans, and also provide a taster that may entice other gamers to try TR if they have not done so already.

In my ideal version, Lara does a bit of a 'Guardian Of Light' and teams up with another notable British icon - either James Bond or The Doctor - for the adventure. I suspect that may not prove too easy to do though, unfortunately.

I personally like this idea best. I'd even settle for another 'Chronicles' anthology-type game. I've always thought that was a good idea. Little self-contained stories that perhaps tie into main cannon (or even past cannons since this is a 20th anniversary we're talking about) a bit but not enough to disrupt/dispute the timeline, if that makes sense. Tho with the advent of DLC, I can see why a full-on physical release for a platform would probably not happen or be financially viable in the eyes of "The Suits".

AdobeArtist
3rd Oct 2014, 17:28
Now that Megan is back, it's also time to bring this proposal back, for our intrepid Community Manager to send to the attention of CrystalD and SE. 2014 is nearly departed and 2016 won't be too far off now. And these things do take time.

Megan, as not only a cosplayer but a fan of Tomb Raider, I just know in your heart you want this anniversary celebration that commemorates the community of TR.

Let's make this happen!! :D:D

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

IvanaKC
3rd Oct 2014, 19:52
Now that Megan is back, it's also time to bring this proposal back, for our intrepid Community Manager to send to the attention of CrystalD and SE. 2014 is nearly departed and 2016 won't be too far off now. And these things do take time.

Megan, as not only a cosplayer but a fan of Tomb Raider, I just know in your heart you want this anniversary celebration that commemorates the community of TR.

Let's make this happen!! :D:D

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I wonder if there will even be a big celebration, with the team being busy and all. I even forgot all about this thread.

However, you're so committed to making a celebration for the anniversary a sure thing. :D

NepT1x
27th Mar 2015, 07:03
Hello everyone!

My suggestion for the 20th anniversary, I would like a "Unfinished Business" from their first game (Tomb Raider Legend) and level editor, oddly enough, after 15 years there are still people making levels with the previous engine, it would please many a renewed version.

A greeting!

a_big_house
27th Mar 2015, 16:52
...level editor, oddly enough, after 15 years there are still people making levels with the previous engine, it would please many a renewed version.

I asked/suggested a level editor for Osiris, so I'd be quite happy to see a TR9 level editor :D

Driber
27th Mar 2015, 21:38
Never gonna happen, mate. We've been asking for a new level editor ever since AoD :whistle:

IvanaKC
28th Mar 2015, 15:04
I asked/suggested a level editor for Osiris, so I'd be quite happy to see a TR9 level editor :D

It would be about time to release new level editor. You must've seen this already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqBdXc5pp9E

If people can do that with old one, maybe with new one they would make a game better than the official TR games. :p

Never gonna happen, mate. We've been asking for a new level editor ever since AoD :whistle:

But AOD is basically the same gameplay mechanics like other older TRs, isn't it?

Error96_
28th Mar 2015, 18:00

They could do a 'best of TR' game with some of the most iconic levels from past games like 'Sonic generations' did with the older level not redesigned just done with modern graphics. Anniversary didn't know what it was so much in that it was neither redesigned version or a straight remake. Some compromise in between. If not a full game they could just do TR2 Venice as a DLC.

A level editor would be very hard to do with games not so much towards the tiles basis. Other ideas that I have are TR1,2,3 gold versions out for first time ever on console or on the day of the anniversary release new Croft Manor and Classic outfit DLC for ROTTR or whatever game after it.

a_big_house
28th Mar 2015, 18:51
It would be about time to release new level editor. You must've seen this already:

If people can do that with old one, maybe with new one they would make a game better than the official TR games. :p

I'd seen TRLE stuff before, even played around with it, but I'd not seen that,'tis pretty darn good

tombraiderofficial
28th Mar 2015, 22:12
I think that in occasion of the 20th TR anniversary, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix will release ROTTR for PS4 in a commemorative collector's edition.

IvanaKC
28th Mar 2015, 22:33
I think that in occasion of the 20th TR anniversary, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix will release ROTTR for PS4 in a commemorative collector's edition.

That's not bad actually, assuming that the game won't be delayed. It would be a shame that the 20th anniversary passes by shaded by the rage of the fans.

AlexWeiss
29th Mar 2015, 00:49
That's absolutely beautiful, it even looks a bit like The Last of Us.

Gitb97
29th Mar 2015, 18:43
I saw that a little while ago when I was very deep into the TR side of YouTube, and it really impressed me.
I think a nice 20th Anniv. treat would be a ton of DLC if there's a multiplayer mode in RoTTR that are maps that are inspired by classic levels.

Treeble
29th Mar 2015, 18:53
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I think it's definitely time for Season 2 of Re\Visioned: Tomb Raider. ;)

Driber
30th Mar 2015, 13:30
But AOD is basically the same gameplay mechanics like other older TRs, isn't it?

No, AoD was made with an entirely different editor than TR1-5. If released to the public, it would have allowed for lot more freedom than the block-based TRLE.

They could do a 'best of TR' game with some of the most iconic levels from past games like 'Sonic generations' did with the older level not redesigned just done with modern graphics. Anniversary didn't know what it was so much in that it was neither redesigned version or a straight remake. Some compromise in between. If not a full game they could just do TR2 Venice as a DLC.

A level editor would be very hard to do with games not so much towards the tiles basis. Other ideas that I have are TR1,2,3 gold versions out for first time ever on console or on the day of the anniversary release new Croft Manor and Classic outfit DLC for ROTTR or whatever game after it.

Love the idea of a revamped TR2 Venice level DLC! :thumb:

And classic outfit DLC for TR10 gets a double thumbs up from me.

http://www.luluandlattes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/boratthumbs.jpg

IvanaKC
30th Mar 2015, 14:44
No, AoD was made with an entirely different editor than TR1-5. If released to the public, it would have allowed for lot more freedom than the block-based TRLE.

Right, I was confused because Lara's movements are kinda the same, which has nothing to do with graphics, engine and levels. Even though AOD was graphically better than previous games, there are basically two generations of games after it (LAU and Reboot series). I would rather see level editor for one of the LAU games then.

That's absolutely beautiful, it even looks a bit like The Last of Us.

I didn't read the whole plot for it, but the setting is supposed to be post apocalyptic.

d1n0_xD
30th Mar 2015, 16:52
Pls, no outfit DLCs, but in-game outfits, a lot of them, then we can talk about DLC outfits :p

IvanaKC
30th Mar 2015, 18:03
Pls, no outfit DLCs, but in-game outfits, a lot of them, then we can talk about DLC outfits :p

Oh, you anti-capitalist, then no one would make any money. :lol:

AdobeArtist
30th Mar 2015, 21:03

Agreed :thumb:

Driber
31st Mar 2015, 23:26
Right, I was confused because Lara's movements are kinda the same, which has nothing to do with graphics, engine and levels. Even though AOD was graphically better than previous games, there are basically two generations of games after it (LAU and Reboot series). I would rather see level editor for one of the LAU games then.

Yeah, a LAU game editor would be amazing.

But alas...

What's wrong with a free classic outfit DLC? ;)

d1n0_xD
1st Apr 2015, 00:05
If it's free, nothing :p But I also want them to be in the original game, as unlockables, a la Legend.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
18th Apr 2015, 15:09
Sega did a new take on a classic with Sonic generations which mixed modern gameplay with old style level themes from different eras. Judging by the look of relic run this could work.

Driber
4th Jun 2015, 10:37
A Lara CGI film. Nuff said :cool:

Kxtniss
6th Jun 2015, 16:37

:thumb:

Relight-TRHQ
6th Jun 2015, 18:58
Can there be some type of book? It could go into the complete history of the franchise with interviews, artwork, rare memorabilia... I'm kind of a huge fan of books... Boy would I love to work on that project! :D

Hmmm :) This sounds good! :D

Driber
6th Jun 2015, 23:54
It does! It's like... Lindt Chocolate covered with white Alba truffle shavings.

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Jun 2015, 03:06
Can there be some type of book? It could go into the complete history of the franchise with interviews, artwork, rare memorabilia... I'm kind of a huge fan of books... Boy would I love to work on that project! :D

That'd be badass. I'd buy that.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a documentary about the history of TR. Similar to the TR 10 year doc, but much more in depth (and longer. Say feature length). Bring in all the voice actresses for some good behind the scenes stories, get the folks from Core telling some good tales as well as technical details about the first TR, interview the models, that kind of stuff.

Driber
7th Jun 2015, 15:01
vice actresses

Freudian slip? :D

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Jun 2015, 16:15

Bah, me and my typos.

AdobeArtist
7th Jun 2015, 22:09
vice actresses

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And while CGI movies and history books are all well and good, we can't let the original proposal (the cosplayer and promo model tribute to Lara) die:poke:

a_big_house
8th Jun 2015, 08:12

Voiced by Keeley

WinterSoldierLTE
8th Jun 2015, 09:38
Voiced by Keeley

:thumb: 1,000 times.

Gitb97
8th Jun 2015, 09:42
Voiced by Keeley

Yes yes yes!! Best Lara voice IMO

BlueSkiesXXV
3rd Aug 2015, 11:51
They could do a 'best of TR' game with some of the most iconic levels from past games like 'Sonic generations' did with the older level not redesigned just done with modern graphics...

...If not a full game they could just do TR2 Venice as a DLC.

Something like this would be my personal preference (as well as the photo shoot). I reckon that 1996 was the biggest year in gaming for ME (as a PlayStation gamer). In 1995, I was playing racers like Ridge Racer and beat 'em ups like Battle Arena Toshinden. THEN...In 1996, the mighty TOMB RAIDER & RESIDENT EVIL came a long and changed everything. I was a huge horror movie fan and I remember standing in Virgin Megastore (Oxford St, London) watching a demo of Resident Evil on PS1. I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! Fast forward almost 20 years and I am still playing TR & RE on PlayStation.

So both of these awesome franchises have their 20th Anniversarys next year! I cannot wait to see what Crystal have in store for us and hope they announce some plans soon. In the RE universe, we already knew that we were getting a HD remaster of RE Zero next year, but you should take a look at the Resident Evil Facebook page (see image grab below)...IT IS AWESOME and received over 30,000 likes in less that one day!!! I am just drooling over the idea of seeing a current gen disc release that includes RE0, RE1 & RE2. Come on Crystal...Your turn :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/RE2_zpspawvz3cs.jpg

Tecstar70
3rd Aug 2015, 13:36

I don't know about this. It sounds good but will it look too much like a cop out and get people raging that they "couldn't be bothered" and are treating their legacy badly?

WinterSoldierLTE
3rd Aug 2015, 14:28
I don't know about this. It sounds good but will it look too much like a cop out and get people raging that they "couldn't be bothered" and are treating their legacy badly?

Some people will say that regardless. 'Anniversary' seems to have just as many detractors as it has supporters.

IvanaKC
3rd Aug 2015, 14:36

Anything they make will have its share of haters. So, I say they should go for whatever anyway because they can't swatisfy everyone. I like the levels idea, though.

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Aug 2015, 02:35
I mentioned Capcom in my previous post. Check out this awesome clip.
This chap has been communicating directly with the fans via the Resident Evil Facebook page.
What a great example to the game development community.

ZcW6W-xVl-8

WinterSoldierLTE
13th Aug 2015, 10:58
I mentioned Capcom in my previous post. Check out this awesome clip.
This chap has been communicating directly with the fans via the Resident Evil Facebook page.
What a great example to the game development community.

ZcW6W-xVl-8

Yeah it's good to see companies still doing that. Very cool, actually. And I dig that game, so I'll buy it. I just hope they keep Leon how he was in that game, the rookie, and not keep his badassness from RE4 onward.

a_big_house
7th Nov 2015, 20:34
The Season Pass story DLC got me thinking... For the 20th anniversary, why not a free DLC pack, for Croft Manor? So; gardens, attic, basement, all explorable and full of juicy bts story stuff? Perhaps some commentary blobs?

It would be the perfect way to re-introduce the manor without being story related and would go well with the big anniversary, especially if there are loads of throwbacks to the original manor :D

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Nov 2015, 22:16
^^^ At this point I'd be ok with them just re-releasing the HD trilogy pack for PS4 and Xbone. Honestly right now it feels like the 20th is the last thing on their mind. Here we are in November and haven't even had the slightest inkling of a trace of anything happening next year, except the PS4 and PC release of 'Rise'. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like an anniversary event is usually starting to get hyped and built up around this time.

a_big_house
7th Nov 2015, 23:04
^ That would be soo boring though :lol: And well, it's next years' celebration, they could say "we have something really epic planned" and that would be me peeing with excitement, just saying :D

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Nov 2015, 23:47
^ That would be soo boring though :lol: And well, it's next years' celebration, they could say "we have something really epic planned" and that would be me peeing with excitement, just saying :D

Yeah, it'd be boring and be a re-hash, but it'd be something at least. Throw in a new extra like director's commentary for 'Legend' and 'Underworld' like they did for 'Anni' and that'd be incentive for me besides the actual games themselves. And yes, even a cryptic "There's something in the works, but we can't elaborate further at this time" would get me worked up as well :)