PDA

View Full Version : That Good Old TR Feeling

daventry
24th Sep 2013, 13:04
In TR9 where Lara was trapped in the Shack and the Fire was starting to get closer, i was expecting Lara to Burst into Flames like in the Classics as an Easter Egg. There were many place where Lara jumps into Fire, but she doesent burst into Flames.
width='500'

I hope for a Death Scene in TR10 where Lara swims in Water when all of a sudden she is attacked by Piranhas, where we need to find Bait for them so Lara can swim freely and quickly past them.
width='500'

I want us to find an Underground Tunnel by Digging a Hole with a Shovel like in TR4 Or when we find a Treasure Map, we can use the Clues on the Map and Dig out the Treasure
VtxO1fDRgGQ

I want to be able to move dead bodies around if its covering a Hole into a Wall or use an Object or a Dead Body to Trigger a Device that Opens a Door or Activates a Trap.

I miss the old Push and Pull Blocks, well at least we got the Secret Chime as an Easter Egg.

I want Lara to use the Bow in TR2 where we shoot it onto the Roof over a Chasm with a Rope dangling down, then we swing over to the other side.

I want Lara to use Monkey Bars again.

I hope that in the End of TR2 Lara stands at the Edge of a Mountain Ledge with the Camera at her back, then it swings around giving that panoramic view while it goes close to her Face, then Lara should say: Dont you think you've seen enough with the Camera suddenly pulling back and Lara whipping out her Pistols and takes a Shot at us with the Screen going Black and have the Words. The End.

Metalrocks
24th Sep 2013, 13:25
there is always the wishlist ;)

Driber
24th Sep 2013, 13:53
Daventry, there is no need to delete your thread, what Metal means is that you shouldn't forget to post your wishes in the official wishlist as well.

No problem to start a dedicated themed thread like this :)

Love the piranha death pic, BTW. Would really like to see that in TR10, myself :D

rudyavelar
25th Sep 2013, 02:01
that ending sounds amazing. but id like it more as like an alternate ending or something.

The_Hylden
25th Sep 2013, 02:27
lol, that dead Lara, or whomever with the Parana looking like it's coming out of her chest -- that's some seriously grade A horror-stuff right there. Creeping the heck out of me ;)

daventry
23rd Jun 2014, 18:51
Thats a Corpse of some guy with the Piranha coming out of he's chest and in the Classics it was all 2D, yet now we see it in 3D, has Square gone Mad with TR2013, Nope they are Surprisingly on the right track, just have an Optional Setting for the Swearing of Lara and the Characters to be Turned off though ;)

Wanna hear the funny part about Core Design and TR3, apparently they made the Blood Pink because it was deemed too Violent :p

Driber
23rd Jun 2014, 20:36
Ah yes, pink blood in videogames and blue blood in female hygiene product commercials. Makes it soooo much better :nut:

daventry
24th Jun 2014, 16:53
I hope we get to ride a Minecart again, then at the end, we get a Cutscene, similar to TR4

ROTTR CutScene Sequence:

After Lara’s Minecart ride, she stops at the end of the road while witnessing a Gruesome Scene of Blood with an Arm.

She gets off and expects the arm when a Growl in the distance is heard.

Lara pulls out her Gun to Investigate the Shadowy area when she noticed in the dark, Red Glowing Eyes.

Suddenly the Tunnel starts to collapse with the Glowing Eyes moving away, thus Lara lights a Flare and the Scene Ends.

Tihocan
25th Jun 2014, 06:34
I always had a bit of a chuckle when Lara pull/pushed one of those stone blocks. They must have weighed a good tonne or so.

Metalrocks
25th Jun 2014, 15:40
I always had a bit of a chuckle when Lara pull/pushed one of those stone blocks. They must have weighed a good tonne or so.

me too. already in factories pushing or pulling a very heavy object on a pallet jack was already difficult enough. damn, i can roll that damn thing and its still heavy. but lara, just moves it like its made out of thin wood or some lite material. :nut:

Tihocan
26th Jun 2014, 00:38
I don't know - that "old TR feeling" basically strips the game of any significant reality. Moving two tonne blocks around, bursting into flames, walking around like a tank, breaking the fourth wall... it really just does not do it for me.

daventry
26th Jun 2014, 08:15
Hoping Lara will Swim in ROTTR

Metalrocks
26th Jun 2014, 09:29
Hoping Lara will Swim in ROTTR

i think we all hope this will be the case.

daventry
26th Jun 2014, 12:54
Kill that Bear, i guess this will be a QTE in witch i hope it wont happen.

Driber
26th Jun 2014, 12:58
Guys, for posting / quoting large images on the forum, please use the THUMB code to prevent the forum layout from stetching out. Click here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#thumb) to see how to use it, or you can use my automated forum thumbnailer tool (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb.php).

:)

namitokiwa
30th Jun 2014, 18:45
Why not the end of the Rise of the Tomb Raider is the begining of this CG trailer of TR Anniversary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu44SKM2C7g
:)) I think it would be cool. :nut:

Tihocan
1st Jul 2014, 01:18
width='150'

Yeehaa! Now that's what I call riding bearback!

larafan25
1st Jul 2014, 01:55
OH MY GAAAWD :vlol:

BridgetFisher
2nd Jul 2014, 08:47
I don't know - that "old TR feeling" basically strips the game of any significant reality. Moving two tonne blocks around, bursting into flames, walking around like a tank, breaking the fourth wall... it really just does not do it for me.

Uhhh, those are all the things that made tomb raider a household name :P
Todays the series focuses less on action and adventure and more on sense of self through emotional development. Not very fun to me or most gamers, but at least you like it, its good there is an audience for those types of games.

P.S.- Id really really like if Lra becomes friends with a bear maybe through Sam's new psychic powers to tame animals Lara can ride the bear at times. not all the time because Sam would become weak but sometimes since Sam has residual psychic powers leftover from her experience.

d1n0_xD
2nd Jul 2014, 11:45
^ How can you say it's not fun for most gamers? You can't know that... The Walking Dead was a game of the year specifically for its emotional story and I think gamers vote for it, right? And there were tons of action (people even complain about it) and adventure in the new game, in every game.

And I don't know, moving blocks and bursting into flames isn't what makes Tomb Raider Tomb raider for me. It is the exploration, story, mythology, ancient artifacts and gods/people of power, Lara's knowledge and research (especially geekiness in the latest installment) about it all, her relationship to various people and her attitude towards them... And those things still stand today, IMO.

Tihocan
2nd Jul 2014, 12:05
Uhhh, those are all the things that made tomb raider a household name :P

And then games grew up.

True about the action overriding the exploration, it was a common complaint. They listened (apparently) and that's what you'll get this time around.

I saw TR2013 as the origin story - you know, the one you never got for the original series - which brings forth the hard-butt that she is known as.

As for the bow... :rasp: Bows are cool.

d1n0_xD
2nd Jul 2014, 12:23
Yeah, just because TR2013 was in the middle of a wave of "reboots and origin stories" doesn't mean it's a bad thing... TR needed a reboot, needed something fresh in order to stay in the game, and I think it was done wonderfully without changing what TR is.

daventry
3rd Jul 2014, 14:35
We need a Kayak Ride down the river again :naughty:

Classico
3rd Jul 2014, 17:45
We need a Kayak Ride down the river again :naughty:

Except that it would be a heavily automated, single button pushing event instead of a hands-on, skill-of-the-gamer activity.

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2014, 18:12
I thought you were against vehicles, daventry, especially since you said they were clunky :p

daventry
3rd Jul 2014, 18:52
I meant Racing, Normal Vehicles are fine, as long as they are handled well and not some Boring shooting long ride like it was in TRL

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2014, 19:27
Everything can be good when it's handled well :p

daventry
4th Jul 2014, 19:12
Lets hope we can fight off Electric Eels with a Harpoon Gun while Lara is Scuba Diving and holding a Flare

BridgetFisher
4th Jul 2014, 20:23
Lets hope we can fight off Electric Eels with a Harpoon Gun while Lara is Scuba Diving and holding a Flare

That would be AWESOME! I miss how fun the Tomb Raider series used to be before it got all boring.

d1n0_xD
4th Jul 2014, 21:28
^ Yeah, boring :p

Tihocan
5th Jul 2014, 08:29
That would be AWESOME! I miss how fun the Tomb Raider series used to be before it got all boring.

^ Yeah, boring :p

Yeah, I totally fell asleep when Lara shot Vlad in the face. Couldn't keep my eyes open. /sarcasm

Tecstar70
7th Jul 2014, 10:36

You can still go play the old games you know....

BridgetFisher
8th Jul 2014, 09:59
You can still go play the old games you know....

The PC versions run on dos box so pretty sure so they dont support a controller, at least thats why I didnt buy them on steam. Id literally rather buy whatever old console they were on and play them that way than the PC versions which seem kinda crummy. My fav on PC is Tomb Raider Anniversary, I had alot of fun with that game.

d1n0_xD
8th Jul 2014, 10:10
PC and PS versions seem the same to me, since you can't control the camera, at least with my mouse... PS1 didn't have analogue sticks, right?

Driber
8th Jul 2014, 10:19
AFAIK, all TR games except for maybe TR1 have PC joystick support.

BridgetFisher
8th Jul 2014, 11:05
AFAIK, all TR games except for maybe TR1 have PC joystick support.

Was an HD set of the classic games ever made like with splinter cell or other series? Tomb raider used to be a very popular game, as a gamer I would enjoy owning a part of gaming history updated graphically but kept the same content and gameplay wise. :D