PDA

View Full Version : Which TR9 side characters should stay in TR10?

Shaikh
10th Sep 2013, 19:11
Which TR9 side characters should stay in TR10?

@Driber, please make this poll multiple choice. :)

xRenzGx
10th Sep 2013, 19:33
Sam! I mean who knows, lets jsut say that there will be a part when the two went on to a journey somewhere and Lara was hurt so bad like (unable to move or maybe got some weird sickness that requires some sort of herb of something idk you name it), then Sam would become a playable character till she manages to get that item then we go back to Lara and to the usual stuffs. xD i mean the story says that Lara and her have been into a lot of places, remember when they were talking about cute boys and stuffs? so yeah.

dark7angel
10th Sep 2013, 19:43
None, to be honest! The side cast was so unimpressive for me, I wouldn't miss any of them.

I_Jedi
10th Sep 2013, 19:57
Voted Alex, because him showing up as a hallucination would be cool.

xRenzGx
10th Sep 2013, 20:05
Voted Alex, because him showing up as a hallucination would be cool.

But he died... right?

Shaikh
10th Sep 2013, 20:24
But he died... right?
We don't know that for sure right? We didn't see him dieing. He could survive that blast, been unconscious for a few days, came back later. Maybe Alex is what Amanda was for previous TR. Maybe Alex will turn into a baddy like Amanda. ;)

xRenzGx
10th Sep 2013, 20:28
We don't know that for sure right? We didn't see him dieing. He could survive that blast, been unconscious for a few days, came back later. Maybe Alex is what Amanda was for previous TR. Maybe Alex will turn into a baddy like Amanda. ;)

Got a point though, and yeah, I guess there's something between him and Lara, so wouldn't be surprise if he shows up for the next TR's

AdobeArtist
10th Sep 2013, 21:25

Like we reaaaaaally need to go through that again? :rolleyes: :nut: :lol:

Danielsun_
10th Sep 2013, 21:53
What about an option for 'all of the above'?

pidipidi39
10th Sep 2013, 22:20
Like we reaaaaaally need to go through that again? :rolleyes: :nut: :lol:
No, we don't D:

I seriously hope we won't see recycled ideas from LAU .-.

DennerDec
10th Sep 2013, 22:41
I voted Alex, but it will be cool have aggressive words from Reyes :D

metzymems
10th Sep 2013, 23:42
I also voted for Alex. I though he was a great character and would love to see him back.

Wh1t3Kn1te
11th Sep 2013, 00:37
i really liked jonah and would love to see him make an appearance, if only briefly

Shmoonify
11th Sep 2013, 01:54
None, they killed off Roth which in my opinion was the only relevant one

pirate1802
11th Sep 2013, 02:46
I'd like Sam to show up. Maybe in cutscenes or smaller sections when she isn't tomb raiding. Or probably even accompany her in a few selected missions, though if she does; I'd want her to be fully capable and not be the damsel in distress again.

Also, too late to multivote now but it'll be cool if Alex shows up in her hallucinations/nightmares.

Shaikh
11th Sep 2013, 05:36
What about an option for 'all of the above'?
Don't vote yet. I mistakenly forgot to click on Multiple Choice. Asked Driber to do that. :)

Arakanga
11th Sep 2013, 08:33
None. I found the characters in TR9 incredibly shallow and uninteresting, the only one I felt a little sympathy for was Grim. Since he's dead, I can't think of anyone I would like to see again. And if they have to make another appearance, I would like to see their characters re-done, more developed, independent and not just Lara's cheerleaders.

pirate1802
11th Sep 2013, 09:53
I was like.. who is this guy? when I saw Grim in the Shantytown, I didn't even know he existed lol

IvanaKC
11th Sep 2013, 10:15
I chose Jonah, but if/when this poll becomes multiple choice, I'll vote for Alex too.

Sophiafan
11th Sep 2013, 12:59
I went for Sam as the others don't have as strong characters. I think Winston is top of my list to see return above any of the TR9 characters though.

It would be good to see characters return rather than be forgotten about but more as small appearences along the way than a big part of the story or sidekicks.

ActionHero
11th Sep 2013, 19:11
I vote for Reyes. Awesome WOC badass? Yes please.

Shaikh
12th Sep 2013, 05:47
I vote for Reyes. Awesome WOC badass? Yes please.
No not her, not Reyes please.

sanriela
12th Sep 2013, 16:29
I think its for the best no one to stay.

pirate1802
12th Sep 2013, 18:15
So much support for Hotsam ;)

ActionHero
12th Sep 2013, 18:30
No not her, not Reyes please.

Not looking for a debate, but why not? Because she's not all sunshine-and-roses to Lara initially?

Honestly, we view Lara in one way because we have years with her and knowing that she's smart enough to be right most of the time and in fact, most (all) of her mistakes are actually because WE do the wrong thing with her. It is tough to remember that not everyone has that experience, and if you risked never seeing your child again because some "spoiled little rich girl" type made a bad call that got you shipwrecked on an island with a bunch of crazy cultists, you'd probably be a little angry too. :P

CJL94
12th Sep 2013, 18:48

If you think about it, the chances of Alex surviving is EXTREMELY SLIM IF ANY.... Alex's legs were pinned down by a giant pipe, which probably made his use of legs extremely difficult, the room he was in exploded, and THE HALF OF THE SHIP HE WAS IN SUNK INTO THE OCEAN.... To me that seems like chances of survival is 1 in 100000000000000000000000000000000000000

AdobeArtist
12th Sep 2013, 19:09
If you think about it, the chances of Alex surviving is EXTREMELY SLIM IF ANY.... Alex's legs were pinned down by a giant pipe, which probably made his use of legs extremely difficult, the room he was in exploded, and THE HALF OF THE SHIP HE WAS IN SUNK INTO THE OCEAN.... To me that seems like chances of survival is 1 in 100000000000000000000000000000000000000

But you see, he's alright. The mass effect field displaced the force of the explosion so... oh wait... wrong series :p :o

pirate1802
12th Sep 2013, 19:19
But you see, he's alright. The mass effect field displaced the force of the explosion so... oh wait... wrong series :p :o

Yeah. The actual reason is that he found a piece of eden in the ship's wreckage... oh wait... wrong series again. :|

Driber
13th Sep 2013, 09:15
Don't vote yet. I mistakenly forgot to click on Multiple Choice. Asked Driber to do that. :)

Never received any such question.

Anyway, can't do that. The poll would need to be completely rebooted, heh.

I can add voting options, though.

Metalrocks
14th Sep 2013, 12:27
sam for me. at least she is important to lara and i like to know why, because her character wasnt really explained well.
if any of the others should appear, please give them more character. i absolute dint care for them.

a_big_house
14th Sep 2013, 13:11
If the poll was multiple choices, I would have voted for Reyes, but alas, Sam is my only choice

pirate1802
14th Sep 2013, 13:20
sam for me. at least she is important to lara and i like to know why, because her character wasnt really explained well.

yeah, there wasn't much to make the player invested into Sam and her rescue, so I understand why people don't care for her. I don't either, to a certain point. But seeing how important she was for Lara and how desperate she was to save her made me want to save her. So I saved her like a good samaitan I am. :p

Metalrocks
14th Sep 2013, 13:53
yeah, there wasn't much to make the player invested into Sam and her rescue, so I understand why people don't care for her. I don't either, to a certain point. But seeing how important she was for Lara and how desperate she was to save her made me want to save her. So I saved her like a good samaitan I am. :p

lol, because thats the only option we have in this game.

pirate1802
14th Sep 2013, 14:00
lol, because thats the only option we have in this game.

I meant that gave me some motivation to save her ;)

Metalrocks
14th Sep 2013, 14:17
I meant that gave me some motivation to save her ;)

i see now ;)

lauraamen
16th Sep 2013, 19:13
I reeeeeally loved alex... such a cute geeky guy. Not really cared for the others.

Jurre
17th Sep 2013, 09:43
Jonah and Sam.

I like Jonah for being an orginial character and after going through all the trouble of rescueing Sam it would be unthinkable for her never to appear anymore.

But I don't like Reyes and I want her to be gone. I don't need to see her dying in excruciating pain; I just want her to go away...

MissBrandy
27th Sep 2013, 11:03
Jonah and Sam for sure :D

Tyrannosaurus
4th Oct 2013, 02:15
In all honesty, I expected everyone to be dead by the end of the game, and I was a little disappointed they weren't killed off.

AdobeArtist
4th Oct 2013, 03:47
In all honesty, I expected everyone to be dead by the end of the game, and I was a little disappointed they weren't killed off.

They don't dare kill off Sam! :mad: ;) :p

pirate1802
4th Oct 2013, 04:31
I kinda thought they'd kill everyone off too. It would have fit better with the survivor theme, to be the only one to walk out alive off that place.

Metalrocks
4th Oct 2013, 06:55
They don't dare kill off Sam! :mad: ;) :p

im with you. how else should they end up together......oh, it will not happen. never mind:whistle:

DOH:mad2:

pomeranianpuppy
11th Oct 2013, 15:31
I felt that maybe Reyes didn't like Lara because she was like a daughter to Roth and Reyes begrudged her that because Roth had an actual daughter with her .
Am I making sense?

Anyway I voted Sam

Metalrocks
11th Oct 2013, 15:33
I felt that maybe Reyes didn't like Lara because she was like a daughter to Roth and Reyes begrudged her that because Roth had an actual daughter with her .
Am I making sense?

Anyway I voted Sam

you sure make sense. thats how i see it as well.

VaBanes
11th Oct 2013, 17:47
you sure make sense. thats how i see it as well.

It's a bit like the "Jon Snow - Quandarity", I think. ^^

Shaikh
11th Oct 2013, 18:02
But Jon Snow knows nothing.

Driber
11th Oct 2013, 18:09
Lara.

MissBrandy
11th Oct 2013, 18:30
Lara.

LOLLL man ...:lol::lol::lol: Best choice

Rai
11th Oct 2013, 19:14
Why aren't Roth and Grim in that list? If people really think Alex survived being trapped, his half of the ship exploding and sinking, Grim could still be alive, we never saw his body. Okay the chances of Roth surviving are extremely slim, but weirder things have happened. Actually, technically all of the characters could come back...just in the form of flashbacks. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif[/stubborn]

To vote though, I'll have to disregard theoretical answers and go for Jonah. Joslin was okay, but I'd get irritated by her after a bit. Jonah is a least likeable, though if he says 'little bird' again, I may have to smack him. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smackbum.gif.

Why doesn't this forum have this guy?http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif. :(

Jurre
11th Oct 2013, 23:58
No, no, no, please! When people are dead, they are dead alright? When people miss ALex, then just have Lara meet another nerd who is essentialy the same character, alright? Talk about being expendable...

Actually, technically all of the characters could come back...just in the form of flashbacks. [IMG]I approve of that :thumb:

Rai
12th Oct 2013, 00:23
I agree with you essentially, dead is dead. I did like Alex too, bless him. It's a shame we didn't get to know him better. Lara seems to attract nerdy types though, so for her to meet another, I will not be surprised...Alistelex mark 3 is on his way ;) :D.

pomeranianpuppy
12th Oct 2013, 10:09
For what it's worth I liked Alister way more than Alex.
Much more sophisticated

Chocolate_shake
12th Oct 2013, 10:13
If lara somehow ends up in croft mansion , I would love Jonah to be her cook

MissBrandy
12th Oct 2013, 12:15
For what it's worth I liked Alister way more than Alex.
Much more sophisticated

Agree... Alister gave some humor touch in Legend and I enjoyed his ironic comments so much :p

If lara somehow ends up in croft mansion , I would love Jonah to be her cook

Ohh ! I wish I can see that .. would be funny :lol:

Metalrocks
12th Oct 2013, 13:43
:lol: jonah as her cook. lara would pay him minimum wages :p
and sam would be either laras secretary or cleaning made.

kiadaw
22nd Oct 2013, 03:15
Not particularly interested in any of the side characters coming back. The ones that I may like see, are all killed off in TR9.

pirate1802
22nd Oct 2013, 08:06
:lol: jonah as her cook. lara would pay him minimum wages :p
and sam would be either laras secretary or cleaning made.

Sam would be Lara's Saul Goodman. :p

BridgetFisher
25th Oct 2013, 14:58
HA none of them is winning, well that makes sense the rest were stupid and lara croft games should be about Lara croft. Although I did like Sam and voted sam, she was pretty hardcore.

LaraxSam
26th Oct 2013, 21:57
Sam! There's no way TR10 will be without her. She has to stay, her and Lara are perfect together. It could go in an interesting and new direction for the mainstream-games.

Heidi_W
5th May 2014, 06:57
I do hope Sam comes back, but I'm worried that she might die in the Dark Horse comic series - since they're considered canon, were she to perish therein it would rule out her returning in TR10.

But I really hope she doesn't die - I want to see how their relationship evolves :)

Proliks
5th May 2014, 15:27
I believe there will no characters from TR9 in the future sequel. The sequel need more memorable heroes who have charisma.