PDA

View Full Version : What should be Lara's iconic/main weapon in TR10?

Shaikh
10th Sep 2013, 19:04
Lets start here with a poll. Since many people loved the Bow in the new game, but Dual Pistol is in TR since the beginning as an iconic weapon, what should you guys want to see as Lara's iconic weapon in TR10? :)

alababaju
10th Sep 2013, 19:32
I would probably give a biased answer as I'm into archery :) I don't really like helping in deciding things for developers as I like the surprise and the harmony of all their game choices fitting with their artistic vision/theme for the game. That may sound kinda odd. I went with the bow anyway, as dual pistols seem a little 'non-special'. I totally know I wouldn't get the nostalgia as this TR 9 is my first (aside Guardian of Light....). I always went with the bow if I could in TR9, then machine gun second. I liked the way all the weapons fired anyway, maybe it was the game mechanics. Just do your thing anyway Crystal Dynamics! and good luck! :)

Actually I changed my mind and went with 'something new and fresh'. As I believe that's what made this Tomb Raider special. :)

xRenzGx
10th Sep 2013, 19:36
since this is a reboot, shall we reboot the iconic weapon too? i mean its pretty much the bow and arrow's her main iconic now, just like in the posters.

Amaya
10th Sep 2013, 19:36
I prefer her dual pistols. It's classic TR. Unlimited dual pistols are beyond iconic for Lara Croft as far as weapons go. Side Note (and completely off topic): It would be great to see old characters show up from the old Tomb Raider games. Mainly Kurtis Trent.

VaBanes
10th Sep 2013, 19:37
Ice Axe. I don't like duals pistol because they are way too unrealistic and a bow is too big I think. ^^ Just my opinion.

dark7angel
10th Sep 2013, 19:38
Bow! It's such a versatile weapon and can also be used outside of combat situations! Definitely a keeper! :)

EDIT: The ice axe should definitely return as well!

TranceTrouble
10th Sep 2013, 20:17
i voted the bow i really like the stealth approach it offers :)

alababaju
10th Sep 2013, 21:04
I loved the stealth of the bow too! Tell me ANYBODY used a gun to take out the guys with torches searching for Lara in the forest? That was a really fun part :) . I really liked the ice pick too :)

Weemanply109
10th Sep 2013, 21:06
Dual pistols are more convenient. Why take a bow anyway?

AdobeArtist
10th Sep 2013, 21:13
Count me in for the mighty BOW!!

Guns are just so common place in games so the bow, while not entirely unique, is still somewhat more rare and specialized. Also there's more elegance to the bow than any gun. Strange as it may sound, I find the bow to be a noble weapon, one that takes true dedication to master.

_Ninja_
10th Sep 2013, 21:27
I don't care what the "main" weapon is but I want the bow to stay.

Dual pistols are more convenient. Why take a bow anyway?

Two pistols is like the most inconvenient setup you can think of realistically.

fsedas
10th Sep 2013, 22:05
I want dual pistols to be the main weapon and the bow a secondary weapon, jst keep the bow ;)

pidipidi39
10th Sep 2013, 22:09
Dual bows :D

No?

Okay. I have no idea then.

DennerDec
10th Sep 2013, 22:54
I prefer the dual pistols, but the bow have to stay, maybe a choice between weapon in different parts of the game in situation you have to decide before you know what you gonna find , i dont know.. ;)

SylvesterFox
10th Sep 2013, 23:11
I prefer her dual pistols. It's classic TR. Unlimited dual pistols are beyond iconic for Lara Croft as far as weapons go. Side Note (and completely off topic): It would be great to see old characters show up from the old Tomb Raider games. Mainly Kurtis Trent.

I agree with reinstating the dual pistols as her "iconic" weapon, but in this rebooted timeline, I don't think they should be "unlimited" anymore. She wielded dual pistols in the last moments of TR9 , let her keep wielding them now. But keep the "survival" aspect of ammo collection and conservation and have her twin pistols eat up ammo twice as fast.

Shmoonify
11th Sep 2013, 01:27
Dual pistols are her trademark, they should be the main weapon, we did get a hint on the ending of TR9 so it should be that, but the bow was a pretty cool weapon so it'd be cool to keep it too!

Shaikh
11th Sep 2013, 05:38
I really really loved the bow. I want it to stay. But I don't want to see it as Lara's main weapon. Dual Pistol is by far a better and more iconic weapon for Lara. That last game scene where she grab them is one of the best iconic moment in the game. Wish it wasn't a QTE at that time.

I loved the stealth of the bow too! Tell me ANYBODY used a gun to take out the guys with torches searching for Lara in the forest? That was a really fun part :) . I really liked the ice pick too :)
That one was a great stealth part, my favorite one since I done it taking out all the guards silently. :D

pirate1802
11th Sep 2013, 06:29
Lol yeah, that forest part was the BEST and I can't help being a huntress in the dark, taking out enemies one by one. Such an awesome feeling.

Regarding this poll, I voted for bow. Would have voted for both but since there's only one choice, I'd go with the bow. I'm in love with it and its more than just a weapon. Its a way of traversing the terrain as well. I also agree with Vabanes.. I find it a "noble" weapon somehow. Its so graceful to see someone pull back the strings and let it go. :D

No?

Only one person in this world can wield dual bows:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/12/borderlands2gunzerker.jpg

jaywalker2309
11th Sep 2013, 07:13
Personally think the bow.. doesnt mean cant have the dual pistols, but in modern games you cant have auto aiming unlimited ammo as just wouldnt fit into the game style, so that kinda makes them lose their original charm if they are manual aim and can run out.

So yes have BOTH weapons, but i'd like to see her bow as her favoured weapon alongside pistols in the holsters ;)

Driber
11th Sep 2013, 07:57
since this is a reboot, shall we reboot the iconic weapon too? i mean its pretty much the bow and arrow's her main iconic now, just like in the posters.

Lara's bow is by no means "iconic." She just had it in 1 single game. It takes a lot more for something to become iconic. I think you confuse iconic with signature weapon :)

No?

:lol:

Personally think the bow.. doesnt mean cant have the dual pistols, but in modern games you cant have auto aiming unlimited ammo as just wouldnt fit into the game style, so that kinda makes them lose their original charm if they are manual aim and can run out.

I disagree there; Lara's dual guns need not auto aiming and unlimited ammo in order to be iconic, IMO. I think most people know Lara from the movies and there she had to reload those iconic dual pistols as well :)

And obviously, AJ didn't have auto-aiming either :D

d1n0_xD
11th Sep 2013, 11:03
So, since the new game will, IMO, be like other games in the franchise, the dual pistols should be back (I don't know about unlimited ammo), but in urban or temple levels. And in jungle levels, we can see Lara having her dual pistols in her holsters but also a bow on her back :3

Sophiafan
11th Sep 2013, 12:51
The dual pistols are too connected into the Lara image for me to vote against them. I would like to se them back as the standard weapon but still with a singe fire button rather than one button fires left and one button fires right pistol. I really liked the bow and arrow too and want it to return in some upgraded form like a cross-bow for stealth takedowns but as the second weapon.

ActionHero
11th Sep 2013, 19:07
I lovelovelovelove the bow.

I don't particularly care what her "main" weapon is for the next game, but I really want the bow to stick around.

IvanaKC
11th Sep 2013, 21:43
It would be awesome if should could use a modern crossbow along with other weapons. Just a bow is not really something an adventurer would take in 21st century.
Anyway, I chose dual pistols because Lara is still Lara. It's just a reboot, not a completely different franchise. :rolleyes:

RybatGrimes
11th Sep 2013, 22:05
Dual Pistols please! :D

Although I'd like for the bow to say, just use it for more stealthy situations.

AdobeArtist
11th Sep 2013, 22:35
The dual pistols are too connected into the Lara image for me to vote against them. I would like to se them back as the standard weapon but still with a singe fire button rather than one button fires left and one button fires right pistol. I really liked the bow and arrow too and want it to return in some upgraded form like a cross-bow for stealth takedowns but as the second weapon.

I'd rather they stick to recurve and compound bows. The thing about the crossbow is, the way it's held and having to pull a trigger to fire a shot, well it's basically just a "gun" at that point, so not really differentiated as a weapon.

imported_JP_S
12th Sep 2013, 10:44
I'd like to see the ice-axe as her weapon in TR10 in combination with the bow, but skills learned in TR9 should stick so she can evolve to the dual pistols like we know.

IvanaKC
12th Sep 2013, 12:24
I'd rather they stick to recurve and compound bows. The thing about the crossbow is, the way it's held and having to pull a trigger to fire a shot, well it's basically just a "gun" at that point, so not really differentiated as a weapon.

Well, they can make an in-game crossbow to fire the way we want. Like, we could adjust it to fire arrows to a greater distance, but with less damage, etc.
Just a bow is not something Lara should keep. It's fun alright, but you can't defend yourself with it like with modern weapons.

AdobeArtist
12th Sep 2013, 13:02
Well, they can make an in-game crossbow to fire the way we want. Like, we could adjust it to fire arrows to a greater distance, but with less damage, etc.
Just a bow is not something Lara should keep. It's fun alright, but you can't defend yourself with it like with modern weapons.

She seemed to defend herself just fine with Recurves and Compounds. Also, Green Arrow has something to say about that ;) :whistle:

dark7angel
12th Sep 2013, 13:40
Also, Green Arrow has something to say about that ;) :whistle:

I was just going to say that! :cool:

Driber
12th Sep 2013, 13:49
I suppose it's indeed not very realistic if Lara would purposely take a weapon such as bow and arrow with her on her next mission in TR10 when a more effective version would be a crossbow. It's also more compact.

A way to get around this might be to force Lara in a situation where she would lose her weapons and then finds a bow during the mission. Though I'm not sure if that would sell well and if it wouldn't be seen as repetitive...

pirate1802
12th Sep 2013, 13:49
Lol I started watching Arrow a few days ago, and the amount of deja vus I'm having during that show is over 9000!

sanriela
12th Sep 2013, 16:22
We see the Dual Pistol in the end. I think its logical the next step for a weapon to be them. But please i want to see a less action here.

Shaikh
12th Sep 2013, 17:03
I suppose it's indeed not very realistic if Lara would purposely take a weapon such as bow and arrow with her on her next mission in TR10 when a more effective version would be a crossbow. It's also more compact.

A way to get around this might be to force Lara in a situation where she would lose her weapons and then finds a bow during the mission. Though I'm not sure if that would sell well and if it wouldn't be seen as repetitive...
Crossbow is too automatic and easy. I would prefer bow. More deadly and silent.

Played with Crossbow in MP. Didn't like it too much.

ActionHero
12th Sep 2013, 18:17
I completely disagree with turning the bow into a crossbow.

The idea behind Tomb Raider is roaming the outdoors, and Lara's weapons are for taking down enemies - both animal & human - while outdoors. She's also quite young in these, and presumably still has good eyesight. In my personal opinion, the best type of bow for field archery on varied terrain is a compound bow. Crossbows are so much easier to wield, and Lara is - by now - a trained archer, both with being in an archery club & taking down hundreds of animals & people with her bow. Why would she backstep with a crossbow?

IvanaKC
13th Sep 2013, 09:24
She seemed to defend herself just fine with Recurves and Compounds. Also, Green Arrow has something to say about that ;) :whistle:

Do you truly think that you would be a more efficient killer if you had to take an arrow, put it in a bow AND only then fire? I think it's much faster to take a gun instead - just pull the trigger and that's it. :p

Besides, I didn't like the way CD animated Lara using the bow. Her hand was too fast when she was taking the arrows.

I completely disagree with turning the bow into a crossbow.

The idea behind Tomb Raider is roaming the outdoors, and Lara's weapons are for taking down enemies - both animal & human - while outdoors. She's also quite young in these, and presumably still has good eyesight. In my personal opinion, the best type of bow for field archery on varied terrain is a compound bow. Crossbows are so much easier to wield, and Lara is - by now - a trained archer, both with being in an archery club & taking down hundreds of animals & people with her bow. Why would she backstep with a crossbow?

How exactly is taking more advanced weapon a step back? :scratch:

pirate1802
13th Sep 2013, 10:41
Well its more like, the bow obviously takes more skills than a crossbow. Once you've mastered the bow it would indeed seem a step back to go to the crossbow. Also the crossbow isn't much different than a gun in terms of firing. In that respect too, it might seem like ditching a different weapon and going back to a gun-like one.

By the way, dont discount the bows that much. They've got their advantages. Almost completely silent, reusable ammo etc.

Rai
13th Sep 2013, 12:33
What, no 'both' option? :p

I'd like to see the bow again. It works really well with stealthy situations, which I'd like to see more use of in the next game; you can retrieve and reuse the arrows and it's just fun to use. The dual pistols are iconic for Lara, so I'd also like to see them again too. They could be used equally well depending on the situation. Lara is adaptable and practical. After being so unprepared and learning the hard way, she'd go prepared for as many situations as possible, while still keeping her arsenal minimal.

I voted for the bow though as I felt that the bow worked so well in TR9, I kinda got attached to it. Also I'm a centaur by star sign so it seems fitting :D

VaBanes
13th Sep 2013, 14:01
I would still vote for the Ice Axe.

And about the crossbow-bow-things:
I think a bow is much more "elegant" than a crossbow and also faster to reload. Beside the better looks, it would be also better for fighting. The only problem I have with the bow is its size.

Dual pistols were her signature weapons, of course. Why not include them in the next game? -> It would actually be really cool to see something we already know from the other TR-games but dual wielding in real life is actually really stupid and since TR tries to be more realistic, I don't think this would be a good idea.

I would rather see just one pistol but a good pistol, some sort of unique pistol to become her new signature weapon, even if that is a bit 08/15 (I still think the ice axe is the better choice).

To keep the bow I could imagine a scene where Lara doesn't have any other weapons and as soon as she finds the bow she remembers the bow she used in Yamatai. Like it was some sort of faithfull companion. (hope you know what I mean...^^) We don't use the bow all the time but it's not completly gone.

MYSTREY1712
13th Sep 2013, 16:38
Dual Pistol recommended, its suits her!

ActionHero
14th Sep 2013, 03:27
Do you truly think that you would be a more efficient killer if you had to take an arrow, put it in a bow AND only then fire? I think it's much faster to take a gun instead - just pull the trigger and that's it. :p

Besides, I didn't like the way CD animated Lara using the bow. Her hand was too fast when she was taking the arrows.

How exactly is taking more advanced weapon a step back? :scratch:

Shooting a crossbow is substantially easier than shooting a compound bow. Having a trained archer shoot a crossbow is like having Lance Armstrong do the Tour de France with training wheels.

_Ninja_
14th Sep 2013, 10:57
The bow is perfectly realistic for someone like Lara. It is simple, lower maintenance. Retrievable ammo, ammo you can manufacture by hand. Good and clean for hunting and long term survival in the wild. And Lara has skill with it and familiarity.

I don't see a problem with them justifying having a bow.

Crossbow is just a rifle with a slow reload and slower projectile speed. A bow is much more fun.

a_big_house
14th Sep 2013, 12:00
Dual Pistols, however, I would still want the Bow in the game as the stealth weapon

Metalrocks
14th Sep 2013, 12:23
bow for me. having the option to use stealth is awesome.

IvanaKC
14th Sep 2013, 16:15
By the way, don't discount the bows that much. They've got their advantages. Almost completely silent, reusable ammo etc.

It's not like Lara can't afford silencer for guns and indefinite amount of ammo. Besides, I do believe that you can reuse arrows when you have crossbow.

Using a bow in 21st century is like making yourself blind although you have perfectly healthy eyes.

J_B_G_
14th Sep 2013, 17:38
Dual pistol for sure, cant get more iconic than that but Id like to see upgrade options for them to be found in game, perhaps silencers as someone mentioned, maybe laser sights and variable load-outs for making them more versatile. All these things to be found in game.;)

imported_JP_S
16th Sep 2013, 06:49
Evolving to the iconic dual pistols is a must... that is the way we know Lara.
Though does not necessarily need to happen in TR10!?

VaBanes
16th Sep 2013, 10:14
that is the way we know Lara.

I remember when the devs said that we should forget everything we knew about Tomb Raider. ^^

Driber
16th Sep 2013, 10:22
I remember when the devs said that we should forget everything we knew about Tomb Raider. ^^

And I remember that made a lot of fans angry / confused and I remember the devs then later said that that statement wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Well its more like, the bow obviously takes more skills than a crossbow. Once you've mastered the bow it would indeed seem a step back to go to the crossbow.

I agree with Ivana - I don't see that as a "step back."

If you've trained yourself to be a master slingshot, but you also have a fully loaded machine gun, why on earth would you want to keep on throwing rocks at your enemies if they are coming at you by the dozens?

By the way, dont discount the bows that much. They've got their advantages. Almost completely silent, reusable ammo etc.

The bow is perfectly realistic for someone like Lara. It is simple, lower maintenance. Retrievable ammo...

You can make guns silent, too.

As for reusable ammo - that doesn't mean anything if ammo is scattered throughout the game world in abundance. Sometimes quivers even bloody respawn out of nowhere :nut:

And what's more practical in a combat situation - trying to pry used arrows out of the bodies of your victims, or just stealing their gun clips?

Dual pistols were her signature weapons, of course. Why not include them in the next game? -> It would actually be really cool to see something we already know from the other TR-games but dual wielding in real life is actually really stupid and since TR tries to be more realistic, I don't think this would be a good idea.

This argument makes no sense whatsoever if at the same time you're advocating for a bow. It is way more impractical in real life to use a bow as a means to defend yourself in a combat situation than it is to wield dual guns.

Shooting a crossbow is substantially easier than shooting a compound bow. Having a trained archer shoot a crossbow is like having Lance Armstrong do the Tour de France with training wheels.

But training wheels would actually make it more difficult for Lance to win the Tour. I think a better analogy would be if a trained cyclist like Lance would use sport enhancing drugs to..... oh wait

:D

ActionHero
16th Sep 2013, 19:22
And I remember that made a lot of fans angry / confused and I remember the devs then later said that that statement wasn't meant to be taken literally.

I agree with Ivana - I don't see that as a "step back."

If you've trained yourself to be a master slingshot, but you also have a fully loaded machine gun, why on earth would you want to keep on throwing rocks at your enemies if they are coming at you by the dozens?

You can make guns silent, too.

As for reusable ammo - that doesn't mean anything if ammo is scattered throughout the game world in abundance. Sometimes quivers even bloody respawn out of nowhere :nut:

And what's more practical in a combat situation - trying to pry used arrows out of the bodies of your victims, or just stealing their gun clips?

This argument makes no sense whatsoever if at the same time you're advocating for a bow. It is way more impractical in real life to use a bow as a means to defend yourself in a combat situation than it is to wield dual guns.

But training wheels would actually make it more difficult for Lance to win the Tour. I think a better analogy would be if a trained cyclist like Lance would use sport enhancing drugs to..... oh wait

:D

First, guns aren't ever silent. I know in the movies it seems like they are, but silencers only reduce the sound by about 30db, to around an average of 130db. By comparison, an ambulance siren is 140db. Instead, a silencer is mainly used to hide the "flash" of the weapon for snipers so you don't reveal your location to your target, and it reduces recoil. It does not make the gun silent. This is a misconception. It instead changes the sound from a "bang" to a "snap."

Second, crossbows are more technically advanced because it is designed to compensate for skills the user lacks. A compound bow requires much more skill, and this is why you will see compound bows in competition and not crossbows. Anyone could shoot a crossbow with a reasonable amount of accuracy because it has a bunch of nifty things in it to ensure that anyone can shoot a crossbow. It requires training and skill to shoot a compound bow. If you are a trained archer, you do not need a crossbow.

Driber
16th Sep 2013, 20:15
First, guns aren't ever silent. I know in the movies it seems like they are, but silencers only reduce the sound by about 30db, to around an average of 130db. By comparison, an ambulance siren is 140db. Instead, a silencer is mainly used to hide the "flash" of the weapon for snipers so you don't reveal your location to your target, and it reduces recoil. It does not make the gun silent. This is a misconception. It instead changes the sound from a "bang" to a "snap."

True, but we're still talking about a videogame here. No one except a weapon expert and a few people who happen to know about this myth is going to go "omg that's so unrealistic" if Lara's silenced guns have that typical Hollywood "swoosh" sound.

If it works for Agent 47, it works for Lara :cool:

Second, crossbows are more technically advanced because it is designed to compensate for skills the user lacks. A compound bow requires much more skill, and this is why you will see compound bows in competition and not crossbows. Anyone could shoot a crossbow with a reasonable amount of accuracy because it has a bunch of nifty things in it to ensure that anyone can shoot a crossbow. It requires training and skill to shoot a compound bow. If you are a trained archer, you do not need a crossbow.

Another member already explained this earlier, and I fully understood it.

I just don't agree with the premise that it would be a "step back" as the member put it.

cutoutgalaxies
17th Sep 2013, 15:21
The bow, for sure! I loved it c:

TranceTrouble
17th Sep 2013, 21:05

ehhmmm....:scratch:
Preserving the environment :p
do you have any idea how long it would take mother nature to break down a bullet?? :naughty:

Driber
17th Sep 2013, 21:10
Ha! :lol:

AdobeArtist
17th Sep 2013, 21:42
ehhmmm....:scratch:
Preserving the environment :p
do you have any idea how long it would take mother nature to break down a bullet?? :naughty:

There's a reason DC's archer is called Green Arrow ;) :whistle:

Error96_
18th Sep 2013, 21:48

That would feel very much like the early games. Maybe have dual pistols most of the time but then a big more stealth based section where bow and arrow is the only available weapon.

d1n0_xD
19th Sep 2013, 06:58
Like I said, both can be implemented. :) During the urban levels (like England and Japan in TRL) she can have dual pistols, but in jungles, temples and open areas, she can have both, so you can utilize stealth or just blast your way through. :)

hiropon056
22nd Sep 2013, 13:21
though the dual pistols are iconic, pretty much define Lara Croft and I adore them I can't deny that I asolutely fell in love with the bow in TR9 :)
So I vote for the bow ^-^

MissBrandy
27th Sep 2013, 10:26
I can understand the dual pistols is what we remember when somebody mention Lara Croft so I accept them to be the main weapons .... But if CD team bring back (HOPE and PRAY) the bow , I will use it for sure as my personal 'main weapon' .... I'm in love with the Bow :)

mrskurtistrent
30th Sep 2013, 05:35
I voted dual pistol because the bow did a good job in the latest game and I think it shaped her rather nicely as a character (Among other aspects of the game, of course). In this new game, I think it will be awesome to not necessarily have her start with the pistols right away, but perhaps show how she came about getting her iconic weapons? Maybe even having the bow, keeping it as a reminder of all she's gone through, but still deciding for a different course of weaponry? (Spoiler, kinda) All though, it was sort of hinted at about those dual pistols when she shooting at Mathias and we get that shot of her standing there with both of them in her hands, that could be just what leads her into coming about using them :)

Daddyhughes111
24th Oct 2013, 18:49
dual pistols have always been the signature weapons(mostly) and it should stay the same imo and alsoAt the end of tomb raider 9 she does use dual pistols...im just saying that could be hinting to it! :)

BridgetFisher
25th Oct 2013, 14:56
Like most people I hated that stupid bow. I hated it in AC as well, I think at that time many developers thought it was edgy to use a bow since AC3 and TR2013 from around the same period both push using a bow. Odd since well in tomb raiders case she uses pistols normally, two of them. Glad those are coming back, I just hope the game has tombs. I think like the TR2013 people will skip it if the game is missing the pistols or tombs.

kiadaw
25th Oct 2013, 15:28
Dual bows that shoot pistons. Problem solve. Now, where is my prize.

kiadaw
25th Oct 2013, 15:30
Like most people I hated that stupid bow. I hated it in AC as well, I think at that time many developers thought it was edgy to use a bow since AC3 and TR2013 from around the same period both push using a bow. Odd since well in tomb raiders case she uses pistols normally, two of them. Glad those are coming back, I just hope the game has tombs. I think like the TR2013 people will skip it if the game is missing the pistols or tombs.

Most people do not hate the bow.

dark7angel
25th Oct 2013, 15:35

Where did you get the idea that most people hated the bow??? :scratch:

MissBrandy
25th Oct 2013, 16:35
Like most people I hated that stupid bow.

OMG ... I can't believe it and I won't believe it. :nut:

In my own case I'd played the game using 70% the bow (till i wasted all arrows) and then changed to pistol till I'd got new arrows to play LOL :lol:
The other two weapons were always there waiting for me to use them :lol:

But I really want to know how did you get the conclusion that most of players hate the bow :eek::eek:

daventry
25th Oct 2013, 19:55
I want the Bow, so i voted Dual Pistols, lets hope we can hold in the button for shooting with the Pistols, i cant stand this button clicking for shooting

Tsuki Hoshi
26th Oct 2013, 11:43
I so much enjoyed the bow and I'd like it to stay in the next title but I voted for the dual pistols ad her main weapons :p

Chocolate_shake
26th Oct 2013, 14:15
Both bow and dual pistols

Bow can have many creative uses in traversal and puzzle solving , if the devs are up for it .

pirate1802
26th Oct 2013, 15:08

Actually all the people I've talked to, absolutely love the bow. I even like it more than her dual pistols.

LaraxSam
26th Oct 2013, 22:01
Dual pistol. That's a way to make a reboot but still keep the original Lara.

AdobeArtist
27th Oct 2013, 00:00

Where did you get the idea that most people hated the bow??? :scratch:

Yeahhhhhh... that one seems out of the twilight zone :scratch::scratch:

VaBanes
18th Dec 2013, 18:17
If Lara actually gets one or two pistols in the sequel, what pistol do you think she will get? A Beretta? Colt M1911? USP? Or something undefined like the kind of self-made guns in TR9?

Jurre
18th Dec 2013, 18:26
Probably Roths guns, the whole point was that she took over his guns after his death. I have no idea what kind of guns that are...

I always like the H&K USP Match'es from Legend and Underworld the best, black with a silver slide :)

Edit: Roth's guns are Remington Model 1911 R1 Enhanced's

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(2013)#Remington_Model_1911_R1_Enhanced

Long live the internet :D

AdobeArtist
19th Dec 2013, 00:18
How about the gravity gun? :p :whistle:

Metalrocks
19th Dec 2013, 06:43
How about the gravity gun? :p :whistle:

that would be fun. until freeman stands behind lara tapping her on the shoulder, holding his crowbar. giving lara an evil look.

lara: "morning Mr. Freeman. looks like you are running late. "
freeman: "..."
lara: "no? ehm....?! ah, is that yours?" pointing at the gravity gun.
lara: "you dont really talk much do you?"
freeman silently gives lara a more serious look.
lara: "OK. OK. you can have it back."
freeman takes gun and walks away.
lara mumbles: "*******"
freeman turns around and looks at lara .
lara: "i said; "miss all". i will miss all the fun i could have had with it."

AdobeArtist
19th Dec 2013, 12:23
that would be fun. until freeman stands behind lara tapping her on the shoulder, holding his crowbar. giving lara an evil look.

lara: "morning Mr. Freeman. looks like you are running late. "
lara: "no? ehm....?! ah, is that yours?" pointing at the gravity gun.
lara: "you dont really talk much do you?"
freeman silently gives lara a more serious look.
lara: "OK. OK. you can have it back."
freeman takes gun and walks away.
lara mumbles: "*******"
freeman turns around and looks at lara .
lara: "i said; "miss all". i will miss all the fun i could have had with it."

:lol::lol::lol:

_Love2Raid_
19th Dec 2013, 13:52
I voted dual pistols, but I don't mind the bow.

IRON LOBSTER
31st Dec 2013, 12:21
Bow and axe!

Nice to see players have moved on...

Jen_Raider
5th Jan 2014, 14:22
I voted bow, I loves playing with it. BUT she needs dual pistols in the next game! Why else would she get them at the end of TR9?

19th Jan 2014, 00:18
Lara croft without Dual Pistols and acrobatics is like Max Pain without Dual wielding and bullet time. These reboots suck!

Elliot Kane
19th Jan 2014, 00:35
Dual pistols. Definitely!

AdobeArtist
20th Jan 2014, 11:56
Bow and axe!

Nice to see players have moved on...

Ohhhhhh, I got it!! A bow... that fires axes!! :cool::cool:

Jurre
20th Jan 2014, 13:48
Ohhhhhh, I got it!! A bow... that fires axes!! :cool::cool:

That's what would happen if Gimli and Legolas had a lovechild :D Gimlas or Legomli

Jena1993
21st Jan 2014, 16:38
I liked the bow and I would like to see it as Lara's main weapon in the next game. I don't really care about dual pistols. Maybe additional.

XylophoneDealers
21st Jan 2014, 17:00
I think that CD pretty much have to put the dual pistols in, considering they went a whole game (practically) without dual pistols, the iconic weapon. However, the just couldn't give up the bow, it's gorgeous and amazing and I loved shooting headshots with the bow. CD spent so much time on working out the bow, and it felt gorgeous.

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
24th Jan 2014, 04:15
i voted dual pistols, but i wish that there was
a 'both' option. i love how you can take out enemies
with stealth and ease when using the bow. but i also
love the style & classic feel of the pistols. :thumb:
maybe they can even create a crossbow
for one of the levels?

Woogiemush
25th Jan 2014, 04:48
I think it should be both, or either one. I wouldn't care anyway.

On the other side, I think the word "icon" or "iconic" is being overused, and is losing it's meaning. Iconic is not some word you can throw around, it's a word only somethings or some people can be called, like Leonardo da Vinci, or someone like Madonna.

- Woogiemush

Bampire
26th Jan 2014, 07:04
Either the bow and arrow, which was REALLY fun to control!

Or something like a slingshot.

Benovine
20th Mar 2014, 11:51
I did love the bow in the reboot, but I'll never get over the dual pistols. They are simply the essence of Lara Croft to me.

Heidi_W
2nd Apr 2014, 09:42
Definitely the bow.

Although she used a competition bow in the last chapters of TR9, at heart Lara has a thing for antiquities and she takes the medieval longbow from Croft Manor for her next adventure; it doesn't have the fancy pullies of the modern bow but Lara has the physical strenght to handle the heavy draw weight :)

I guess I'm one of the lone holdouts in that I would actually prefer fewer weapons in TR10, or at least in the number of weapons she can simultaneously carry. One of the things I liked about TR9 but how her equipment was visible on her as she acquired it, with the exception of the main weapons. Realistically, the weapons she could conceivably carry in one go would be the axe, pistol, and one of the bow/rifle/shotgun trio.

I just think the bow rocks - and she looks so cool while attired with it too :)