PDA

View Full Version : Will Eidos ever be independent again?

spliph
31st Aug 2013, 05:08
I liked them better when they were independent. Square Enix is desperate for money, and they're going to mess up Eidos' stellar track-record of video games.

Maybe they'll pull a Bungie on us in the future or something.

Shralla
31st Aug 2013, 06:52
Nope.

CyberP
31st Aug 2013, 07:31
Nope.

This. They will not be forgetten though. Sure it's more business than passion for most publishers I'd wager but they did fund and support some excellent games in the past.

Balance Edit: Human Revolution is not bad though, about the only worthwhile game put forward by Eidos/SE in recent years.

spliph
2nd Sep 2013, 05:11
I just think Eidos would be better off if they were independent again. They are pretty much the king of the stealth genre, so I don't see why, in the future, they can't publish their own games again and still make a profit.

Reven
2nd Sep 2013, 07:18
I just think Eidos would be better off if they were independent again. They are pretty much the king of the stealth genre, so I don't see why, in the future, they can't publish their own games again and still make a profit.

Because Eidos doesn't actually exist anymore as an independent organization. Square Enix owns Eidos then utterly and completely. Eidos Montreal's name still stands because it is know and marketable. But SE owns, bought and paid for, the IP's, the engines used and the computers they are made upon. Even if the EM staff were to walk they would have absolutely nothing.

Smoke43
29th Oct 2013, 17:47
Eidos died in 2004 when it was sold off these current Eidos people are nothing connected to what the original Eidos was before 2004 the only way to Eidos to be alone again is if Square Enix goes bankrupt and Square decides to leave Eidos alone again