PDA

View Full Version : Red or Blue Pill?

CyberP
19th Aug 2013, 04:31
Lots of rabbit holes here. Do you want to see how deep humanity's bull***** goes?

Remember that ignorance is bliss. You are probably better off NOT reading the following.
Also consider that not everything you read is true, but if something is percieved to be incorrect on Reddit it is usually challenged with follow up comments.

The longer you read, the worse it gets: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1kfoy5/what_is_a_dirty_little_or_big_secret_about_an/

Shralla
19th Aug 2013, 07:21
How is this allegations? That's literally all just logical business sense.

vb4
19th Aug 2013, 11:13
Some of your quote goes into tinfoil territory.
But the fact that the gaming industry is one of the most horrible things on the planet should already be clear.
Seriously, who the hell would be surprised after seeing Activision/EA/Capcom/Ubisoft/Sega/Square Enix/Notch and others?
Then again, it's not even half as bad as people might whine. Sure, games are constantly being destroyed by petty politics and mainstream games tend to be uniform. But mainstream trends change and a good chunk of abandoned games get saved by a good community. Look at what recently happened to Supreme Commander with the FAF project.
And Kickstarter obviously doubles as a marketing device. It's almost impossible to fund a full project with it. But then there's Planetary Annihilation and Star Citizen - Marketing or not, the funding was worth it. Star Citizen will be one of the modern drivers of computing technology, which we've been lacking in a while.
And I say that as someone who was hyping Universe at War and hates how Assassin's Creed went from a novel concept (Disable the minimap, don't use the map screen, rejoice) to "GTA with assassins".

JCpies
19th Aug 2013, 11:39
I need to get into the vidya game biz.

I wish I still had the signature of Bobby K with money bags.

CyberP
19th Aug 2013, 12:01
How is this allegations? That's literally all just logical business sense.

Apart from the engraving on the light switch ;)

Some of your quote goes into tinfoil territory.

It really doesn't, it's all insignificant really and most of it is already widely established or expected.

But the fact that the gaming industry is one of the most horrible things on the planet should already be clear.

I wouldn't go that far.

I regret quoting that poster, it's insignificant compared to what else you will find in there. The thread is the bigger picture. I'm removing the quote as it's petty in comparision.

AlexOfSpades
19th Aug 2013, 15:07
Heheh, that thread had some good stuff.

sonicsidewinder
19th Aug 2013, 16:44
The greed.

Pinky_Powers
19th Aug 2013, 17:15
The movie industry has been like this for much longer.

EricaLeeV
19th Aug 2013, 18:25
There's gold in that there thread.

Thank you, CyberP.

Shralla
19th Aug 2013, 18:39
Apart from the engraving on the light switch ;)

True, but that's exactly the kind of pompous dickery that I would expect from companies like that.

HERESY
19th Aug 2013, 23:06
I don't doubt anything in that thread.

FrankCSIS
20th Aug 2013, 01:42
So.....much....to....read

And so the do it yourself nutjobs will probably outlast us all.

There are enough witty retorts in that thread as it is, but the outline here is: Very few people have a ******* clue what they're actually doing. It's comforting, in a way. I suddenly feel quite good about myself!

Edit: Thread heavily reminds me of Vegetarian Cannibal. Great cynical film, if you want to feel like **** for a week.

Shralla
20th Aug 2013, 02:00
Well damn without the quote now it just looks like a thread about funeral homes.

HERESY
20th Aug 2013, 02:09
Well damn without the quote now it just looks like a thread about funeral homes.

Not when you scroll down, or did I miss something?

Shralla
20th Aug 2013, 02:14
I see a lot of stuff about a lot of different industries. No big chunk dedicated to the gaming industry though.

I've been thinking about starting a blog about what it's like delivering pizzas.