PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the brand new TR10 forum!

Driber
18th Aug 2013, 15:52
Welcome, and welcome all :wave:

Following the recent confirmation of a sequel to TR9 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138770), here is a brand new forum section for all discussions regarding the upcoming installment in the series by Crystal Dynamics.

Not a whole lot of info about the new game has been revealed at this point yet, but that has never stopped fans before, heh. So feel free to discuss, speculate (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134407) and voice your wishes for TR10 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137435) with passionate TR fans from around the world and also the devs themselves!

To newcomers - feel free to introduce yourself in the welcome thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117313) and tell us a little bit about yourselves. Don't worry, we are a friendly bunch and won't bite :)

To get conversations going, here are a few Q&A items from a recent session, covering the upcoming game:

Noah Hughes: I think we intend to still take our inspiration from existing myths. In the case of the Dragon’s Triangle, it’s not even a myth, it’s a phenomenon. We like the idea of having that “Google-able” starting point for a lot of these things. That’s part of how we ground Lara’s experiences in our world, rather than living in a parallel world with made-up things. She’s really able to find these secret hidden things that we’ve only heard about in stories. [From official forum Q&A session #13 (June 2013)]

Noah Hughes: People would probably expect us to tell a core Lara story that has a fairly deterministic outcome. Part of what we tried to do was make sure that the player has meaningful choices outside of the core story, and finding ways to wrap those in fictional outcomes in things like mysteries on the island that aren’t fully solved when you beat the game – more a narrative parallel to Lara’s core story.[From official forum Q&A session #13 (June 2013)]

MeaganMarie
10th Sep 2013, 18:36
Welcome everyone! :group_hug:

/Runs away before anyone tries to grill her for info on the sequel.

Shaikh
10th Sep 2013, 18:57
Welcome to the next-generation of Tomb Raider. :D

Oh wait, its already in TR9 for PC with TressFX. Welcome anyway. Lets have an unforgettable journey into the TR10 campaign. Booking my ticket on the hype train. Reveal the Game with some image and info soon. :D

xRenzGx
10th Sep 2013, 18:58
Woo! cant wait for the next TR!!! xD

d1n0_xD
10th Sep 2013, 18:59
Guys, remember when a forum like this one was first created for TR9? :3 And here we go again, can't wait for some juicy news, but I guess it'll be some time :p

Meagan, so there is some info, huh? :D

Shaikh
10th Sep 2013, 19:01
Meagan, so there is some info, huh? :D
There is, TR10 is coming to PC, XBOX One and PS4. :D

d1n0_xD
10th Sep 2013, 19:08
^ Blasphemy :p

redkeith
10th Sep 2013, 19:08
WELCOME EVERYONE!

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Excited-Amy-Adams-In-Cute-Dress-Reaction-Gif.gif
HOREYYY!
O
M
G

larafan25
10th Sep 2013, 20:08
IT'S CALLED TOMB RAYDER 10!

omfg. This section is so exciting! :D

Rai
10th Sep 2013, 20:11
I'm pretty sure that's a working title only LF25.

anyhoo...God! Finally! :D

Shaikh
10th Sep 2013, 20:21

Don't forget the latest one calls TR9 in that aspect but oh wait. :D

Deventh
10th Sep 2013, 20:29
Can't wait for the sequel! The new Lara is the best one yet from the franchise. I hope you guys keep the model and voice actor.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8e895e725f001dcdf882d60847905bb4/tumblr_ms9fp40iqe1qjqat4o1_500.png

xRenzGx
10th Sep 2013, 20:30
Can't wait for the sequel! The new Lara is the best one yet from the franchise. I hope you guys keep the model and voice actor.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8e895e725f001dcdf882d60847905bb4/tumblr_ms9fp40iqe1qjqat4o1_500.png

Couldn't agree more

Weemanply109
10th Sep 2013, 21:04
Yay! The wait and speculation begins again. :D

The last game was massively FLAWED. CD better step up their game. Ironically, you tried to appeal to the common dominator to get dat critical acclaim, but people wanted a fresh experience. Bring IT!

Deventh
10th Sep 2013, 21:05
I actually really enjoyed that they didn't make Lara's boobs super big. She was more of a sex symbol than a character you respect and love. I love the new Lara and to be honest she is perfect the way she is. For the people that want boobs
-> P*rnhub.com

AdobeArtist
10th Sep 2013, 21:07
Is there any info on when the new game comes out if this board is already up?

Danielsun_
10th Sep 2013, 21:42
No, I'm going to sit in the other forum...this one...it tastes different :P

Co-op? Unlockables? Locations? Story? Characters? Team Killing? *cough* Monsters?

Gimmie answers :P

pidipidi39
10th Sep 2013, 22:04
http://31.media.tumblr.com/eef2775c97a7c2317bfaf4756372a9b5/tumblr_mog0jz5eDw1rql1mzo1_500.gif

Yes :D

Let the speculation begin :cool:

Androme321
10th Sep 2013, 22:11
Yay!
This time I wanna be part of the group about wait and speculations... I CAN'T WAIT :lmao:

/Runs away before anyone tries to grill her for info on the sequel.
No, you've gotta stay here :whistle: XD

d1n0_xD
10th Sep 2013, 23:08
I just wanna say, CD, hard times are ahead of you, now you need to make an equally good or a better game, nothing less! :D

DennerDec
11th Sep 2013, 01:09
Hey people, if the series continue in form of comics between TR9 e TR10, do you think that will help make the background history more complete or doesn't help at all?

i'm having mix feelings about it, but i'm think it will be good em general.

pirate1802
11th Sep 2013, 02:58
[COLOR="Red"]Guys, remember when a forum like this one was first created for TR9? :3 And here we go again, can't wait for some juicy news, but I guess it'll be some time :p

And I wasn't there when it happened last time. This time imma experience the hype building from the beginning. Awesome! :D

tainanlctr
11th Sep 2013, 04:12
xD :) :cool:

pirate1802
11th Sep 2013, 04:19

<3 <3 <3 Never, ever ever change my little bird :3

Shaikh
11th Sep 2013, 05:42
I just wanna say, CD, hard times are ahead of you, now you need to make an equally good or a better game, nothing less! :D
I wasn't here at the time TR9 section opened. Can you or anyone tell when it was opened? :)

I remember TR9 was revealed on December 6, 2010. Such a glorious day in history. :D

JennyMersereau
11th Sep 2013, 07:51
I would love to see the sequel explain how Amanda connects to Lara's past. We only get to see little bits and pieces of their history in Legend! Amanda is definitely an interesting character, and I think it would suit the reboot very well considering we're back in Lara's first steps as an adventurer!! Pleasepleasepleaseee. :nut::D

d1n0_xD
11th Sep 2013, 10:49
I wasn't here at the time TR9 section opened. Can you or anyone tell when it was opened? :)[/COLOR]

I don't know the exact date, but we discussed the game even before it got its own segment, it was that first concept art with Lara holding a torch, and then a couple more came out, with those Grudge things attacking her while she's on a horse and trying to shoot them with the bow :)

http://www.chrissyx.com/images/tr9/tr9-02.jpg

AdobeArtist
11th Sep 2013, 11:12
I would love to see the sequel explain how Amanda connects to Lara's past. We only get to see little bits and pieces of their history in Legend! Amanda is definitely an interesting character, and I think it would suit the reboot very well considering we're back in Lara's first steps as an adventurer!! Pleasepleasepleaseee. :nut::D

The whole point of the reboot is to reset the timeline with a clean slate. This isn't leading up to Lara going to Atlantis or the Norse Underworld. It's a whole new beginning with a different future for Lara. So it's unlikely we'll see Natla, Amanda or Kurtis, even in reimagined form, but rather new enemies, friends and allies.

Hotsam1
11th Sep 2013, 14:21

I have to agree with you on that. I would love to see how Lara's past and the present connects. Hopefully we may see additional familiar faces such as Von Croy!

The whole point of the reboot is to reset the timeline with a clean slate. This isn't leading up to Lara going to Atlantis or the Norse Underworld. It's a whole new beginning with a different future for Lara. So it's unlikely we'll see Natla, Amanda or Kurtis, even in reimagined form, but rather new enemies, friends and allies.

I think the 'reboot' is more of a series of games for a specific period of Lara's life while trying to respect her timeline at the same time. For example Legend, Anniversary and Underworld is considered a reboot series of games (trilogy) but the classic timeline is still pretty much intact. Lastly I really hope that Crystal Dynamics is on the same page as my explanation otherwise I would be :(

d1n0_xD
11th Sep 2013, 14:32
^ It has been explained several times already, it's a complete reboot, no familiar character will make a reappearance. :)

Hotsam1
11th Sep 2013, 14:34
Also perhaps we could refer the next Tomb Raider game as something like TRB as opposed to TR10. Because TR8 (Underworld) is the end of the line and let say the survivor game is TRA (I mean A not Anniversary :rasp:) As Survivor and its sequel is set before Tomb Raider 1, we could refer to them as letters instead?

Hotsam1
11th Sep 2013, 14:39
^ It has been explained several times already, it's a complete reboot, no familiar character will make a reappearance. :)

Not even Winston Smith the butler?

Well I can only pray that Crystal Dynamics takes note.

d1n0_xD
11th Sep 2013, 15:47
^ Maybe, just maybe he will be back (I haven't played the game yet, don't know if her parents are mentioned and stuff) but no Amanda, no Natla, no Doppelganger, no Alistair, no Zip, no Pierre...

Hotsam1
11th Sep 2013, 16:08
^ Maybe, just maybe he will be back (I haven't played the game yet, don't know if her parents are mentioned and stuff) but no Amanda, no Natla, no Doppelganger, no Alistair, no Zip, no Pierre...

Ok I do agree with you that most of those people listed are unlikely to reappear :thumb:, except perhaps Pierre.

But I hope you enjoy survivor when you play it! (Avoiding letting on spoilers at this stage) :wave:

AdobeArtist
12th Sep 2013, 02:51
Just want to say, love your name Hotsam :wave:

pirate1802
12th Sep 2013, 03:24
Hot Sam.. :thumb:

Driber
12th Sep 2013, 11:35
Yay! The wait and speculation begins again. :D

The last game was massively FLAWED. CD better step up their game. Ironically, you tried to appeal to the common dominator to get dat critical acclaim, but people wanted a fresh experience. Bring IT!

TR9 is a great game. Not perfect, but "massively flawed"? No way.

I actually really enjoyed that they didn't make Lara's boobs super big. She was more of a sex symbol than a character you respect and love. I love the new Lara and to be honest she is perfect the way she is. For the people that want boobs
-> P*rnhub.com

Ahh... new forum, new trolls.

Welcome to you guys, too :p

I wasn't here at the time TR9 section opened. Can you or anyone tell when it was opened? :)

I remember TR9 was revealed on December 6, 2010. Such a glorious day in history. :D

You just answered your own question ;)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115166

Oh my dear AA, how many times do I have to explain this - "reboot" doesn't mean anything unless specifically stated ;)

The only thing you can say for certain about the reboot of the series this time around is that things are up for grabs again. It doesn't mean that X or Y will not be happening. Any "conclusions" you make are pure speculation.

:)

And who/where/when was this supposedly officially stated?

Also perhaps we could refer the next Tomb Raider game as something like TRB as opposed to TR10. Because TR8 (Underworld) is the end of the line and let say the survivor game is TRA (I mean A not Anniversary :rasp:) As Survivor and its sequel is set before Tomb Raider 1, we could refer to them as letters instead?

lol, we're calling the next game TR10 to avoid confusion. Calling TR9 "TRA" only causes confusion because we already call Anniversary, TRA. And according to your logic, the game after TR10 we should call "TRC", even through everyone will read that as "Tomb Raider Chronicles"? Nah... I think I'll pass on that idea, thank you :D

When we say "TR10", everyone knows exactly what game we're talking about - the tenth TR game in the series :)

Not even Winston Smith the butler?

Well I can only pray that Crystal Dynamics takes note.

I'm pretty sure Dino was just speculating, not stating facts ;)

Hotsam1
12th Sep 2013, 12:49
Just want to say, love your name Hotsam :wave:

Hot Sam.. :thumb:

Lol thanks:)

Hotsam1
12th Sep 2013, 13:07
When we say "TR10", everyone knows exactly what game we're talking about - the tenth TR game in the series :)

Yes Driber you made a good point. :mad2:
I guess the chronological order (release by date) is clearer.

Driber
12th Sep 2013, 13:15
Yes Driber you made a good point. :mad2:
I guess the chronological order (release by date) is clearer.

Heh, some folks call TR9 "TR 2013", which works as well :)

Shaikh
12th Sep 2013, 17:06
TR9 is a great game. Not perfect, but "massively flawed"? No way.
Agreed on that. IMO TR9 is one of the most polished AAA title that released this generation. There was barely some issues, mostly FPS drop because of TressFX but that's forgivable since its a new and next-gen technology. :)

d1n0_xD
12th Sep 2013, 22:31
And who/where/when was this supposedly officially stated?

I could've sworn that CD was trying to convey that message, but I guess I'm wrong. :)

AdobeArtist
12th Sep 2013, 23:02
Oh my dear AA, how many times do I have to explain this - "reboot" doesn't mean anything unless specifically stated ;)

The only thing you can say for certain about the reboot of the series this time around is that things are up for grabs again. It doesn't mean that X or Y will not be happening. Any "conclusions" you make are pure speculation.

:)

ahhhh, my dear Driber

I was addressing how the post I was replying to, suggesting that this game is a prequel in the sense inferring that it's all leading up to the events that launched the series (starting with Atlantis) is quite erroneous. She implied that there was still a connection to Amanda which could be explained in future games.

But we both know that's not the case. It was stated several times in the Q&A's and other media interviews that this is NOT a prequel, it's a reboot that is starting the timeline over again. This game isn't leading up to Atlantis so what happens from here is an entirely different path for Lara's life in the days to come. And as such that connection to Amanda no longer exists.

Now while it may be possible that we'll see the return of familiar old elements such as Natla, Kurtis, or Zip, albeit in some reimagined new form, I said that it was "unlikely" we would. Not ruling it out entirely per se, but I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

From what we can garner from CD's postings, they seem not to want to retread old ground with this reboot.

d1n0_xD
12th Sep 2013, 23:31
^ I think so too, what I gathered from CD, very unlikely to see familiar characters.

Driber
13th Sep 2013, 07:14
ahhhh, my dear Driber

I was addressing how the post I was replying to, suggesting that this game is a prequel in the sense inferring that it's all leading up to the events that launched the series (starting with Atlantis) is quite erroneous. She implied that there was still a connection to Amanda which could be explained in future games.

But we both know that's not the case. It was stated several times in the Q&A's and other media interviews that this is NOT a prequel, it's a reboot that is starting the timeline over again. This game isn't leading up to Atlantis so what happens from here is an entirely different path for Lara's life in the days to come. And as such that connection to Amanda no longer exists.

Now while it may be possible that we'll see the return of familiar old elements such as Natla, Kurtis, or Zip, albeit in some reimagined new form, I said that it was "unlikely" we would. Not ruling it out entirely per se, but I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

From what we can garner from CD's postings, they seem not to want to retread old ground with this reboot.

Ahh, but my dear artist, you are answering one assumption with another, so my point stands that your reply is just as "erroneous" as the post you replied to because it was presented as matter-of-fact ;)

Show me where exactly CD officially stated "Atlantis did not happen and will never happen in the reboot series." If there is no such exact statement, and if you're only going by vague (PR) lines like "it's a reboot" or "forget everything you know" or "it's a new timeline", then any claims of X not happening or Y not existing is erroneous.

Whether certain aspects of the previous games are likely to still exist or whether it is a good idea for them to exist, like for example Amanda existing in "reboot universe", is of course an entirely different thing :cool:

bgonzalesp
13th Sep 2013, 17:10
I have played all tomb raider games since they appear more than 10 years ago.
Also I bought the book "The Art of Survival" (great book by the way).
I have to congratulate all the team, the 2013 version have been the best game I have played....even though I had SO high expectations, it met all of them greatly.

I never pay much attention to the game story and I always end up using the cheats of trainers to end it quickly, but this time I enjoyed the game so much I completely got inmersed in the situation, the stress, vulnerability of Lara, the learning of her skills, etc....it was all so well created and believable.

Not to mention the incredible scenarios, the weather, cinematic scenes, etc.
(the look and voice of Lara is awesome!)

I am So pleased you will make the sequel and I hope this one is a very big success for CD so they can continue funding this great games.

I only hope it wont take too long to release the next game,

Regards,

Hotsam1
13th Sep 2013, 21:10
width='800'

Thought this may be of interest....

Although she did not use guns until survivor
(except perhaps practice shooting at the manor but I have no idea)

d1n0_xD
13th Sep 2013, 22:16
She was never a wuss, and she isn't in this game either, she's just a human fricking being :) And remember the comics? Her origin, her fiance and everything, she was just that, a human being who went through a struggle to survive, almost the same origins, so comments like in that picture don't make sense, IMO.

Hotsam1
13th Sep 2013, 23:02
She was never a wuss, and she isn't in this game either, she's just a human fricking being :) And remember the comics? Her origin, her fiance and everything, she was just that, a human being who went through a struggle to survive, almost the same origins, so comments like in that picture don't make sense, IMO.

:thumb:

Yes I agree she wasn't a wuss - but it is nice to see people try to explain her beginnings here and there. (Not my choice of words - found pic on tumblr)

DrCroft
28th Sep 2013, 13:10
I did get far too excited when I saw that TR10 now has it's own space :D .

As much as a like a lot of the old characters (except for Amanda) I think it would be nice to write a whole new story with new characters and locations. However, a few more little easter eggs referencing the past would be very nice indeed.

pirate1802
28th Sep 2013, 14:09
Well that's the way the general videogame populace is, any show of emotions and fragility is taken to be a sign of weakness, wussiness. The dudebros want a larger than life character to play out their power fantasies. Its quite infuriating sometimes for me. "Ohh no she cries her head off all the time, so weak!" yeah son, I bet you'll cry a hundred times more if you woke up in a cannibal cave ready to be made into dinner and hunted by psychos who have god knows what intentions for you with no one in sight to protect you.

VaBanes
9th Oct 2013, 18:11
Any news about the Q&A thing (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139208)?
I guess this is actually a good sign, if the developers are "too busy"... :D Hope they are planning some sort of "big reveal".

MissBrandy
24th Oct 2013, 19:37
omg ...I'm so nervous about new info about TR next gen game... I just want to ask if we can expect some fresh news before ending Dicember? I'll be happy with a sketch or a picture ... just something :D

DastanMiles
26th Oct 2013, 23:31
I was wondering the same. We haven't heard anything about the sequel yet and it has been like 3 months since they announced it. ^^

Hope we can expect something before 2014.

VaBanes
26th Oct 2013, 23:35
I was wondering the same. We haven't heard anything about the sequel yet and it has been like 3 months since they announced it. ^^

Hope we can expect something before 2014.

Yo, Dastan, you are from Germany? What are you doing at a time like this? I mean, it's in the mid of the night. :D

Anyway, 1st November would be a good date for releasing a nice teaser picture, imo. Or 1st December maybe...^^

SofaJockey
5th Jan 2014, 12:19
Good to see this thread but need to keep calm.

Based on previous timelines, I would expect to see TR10 release in March 2016, so for the rest of this year forums like this are for the fans to enjoy while the devs get on with building the game. I would expect early artwork and teases to start to leak out in the Spring of 2015, building through the year.

IF the game emerges in 2015 it will be because resources from TR9 have been used to save build time, but I for one would rather see a gorgeous game in 2016 than a rushed game in 2015 (a gorgeous game in 2015 would be fine but I would expect late 2015 earliest).

I hope that the the story progresses only from TR9 - to my mind there is no compulsion to recycle characters from TR1-8 unless it makes sense in the rebooted world.

NatexLara
7th May 2014, 19:31
I can't wait , Lara , go vegan on your next adventure , love ya ^^

Driber
8th May 2014, 09:32
I can't wait , Lara , go vegan on your next adventure , love ya ^^

Nah. Lara kills humans and animals indiscriminately :D

RulitoCR
10th Jun 2014, 03:36
I am so happy that Rise of the Tomb Raider is finally coming!!

Amazonagent
10th Jun 2014, 05:51
All I have to say is that when I first saw the trailer during the xbox presser, I literally 'squeed' out loud when I saw her have the flashback of hitting the water!!! I'm a pretty much most excited about this game and will be getting this on PS4 day one! Super deluxe version please, here take my monay!!!!!!!!!

Tallantis
11th Jun 2014, 09:59
I read an article that CD will include vast tombs, one of the major weaknesses TR 2013 had. If they include a bit more real survival, a bit more mature Lara, and far more difficulty it could be the best TR. 2013 made a really good reboot but I expect in every series that the second game will be a blast.

...and please let Lara swim xD

NightRain'06
20th Jun 2014, 03:23

You mean Tomb Raider X. :D

> Referencing Mortal Kombat X, even though Ed Boon "denies" it's the 10th iteration of his game. Such a troll. :lol:<

That's what I'll refer to it as ~ TRX !

When I saw Microsoft's E3 conference I was so surprised at this announcement because I honestly never expected a new announcement so soon.

Maybe other fans may have considered that an "about time" moment, but I thought it would still be at least another 2 years away or something.

Regardless ~ Like every TR fan world-wide, I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS !!

I apologize to everyone for shouting / caps-locking. > Whispers to self ~ No, I'm not... <

:D

Driber
23rd Jun 2014, 21:39
*thread unstuck*