PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Wayne Haas

sosnooley
17th Aug 2013, 20:17
Hi there,
In advance I want to apologize for my awful english, hope you will be able to understand it lol.
So, while playing I faced a little problem. I've finished 'Picus communications' part, returned to my apartments, step to the elevator and started to descend, and then met Wayne. He just sayed his phrase and instantly took out the gun. I wasn't even offered a conversation! And instead of soften the conflict as I'd like, all I could do is to knock him out/kill. Later I watched a couple of videos contained this situation and all of them comprised conversation. What is also strange, in all of them Wayne's phrase was 'Jensen! You a*****e... You cost me my job!', when in mine it was 'Jensen! That little blackmail stunt you pulled cost me my job -- a*****e!'. So what's the problem? Am I have done something before, that made him act this way? It doesn't seem like some sort of bug though.
Yeah, perhaps someone might say it's not a problem at all, but for me it is, as a significant part of roleplaying.

Jerion
17th Aug 2013, 20:33
It's not a bug. Whether or not you get the chance to talk him down depends on how you treated him earlier; I think it's tied to using the social aug in the earlier conversation.

CyberP
17th Aug 2013, 20:49
Hmm, bug or scripted to happen? Sounds like something scripted due to the different dialogue.
I've never had this happen before, he usually confronts you about losing his job and then you can converse.
I also didn't know this:

If Adam offered Hass the job from Sarif Industries, after confronting Adam outside his apartment, Wayne Hass will be one of the crazies during the last portion of the game on Panchaea. He can be found outside Sarif's hideout room, wearing his Sarif Inc uniform.

Nice.

Will this game continue to surprise me 13 years after release like the original? I wouldn't bet on it but there is still some details I feel I have missed.
I've been getting an itching to shoot some Belltower recently.

Edit: Ninja'd.

sosnooley
18th Aug 2013, 05:51
It's not a bug. Whether or not you get the chance to talk him down depends on how you treated him earlier; I think it's tied to using the social aug in the earlier conversation.

Yup, actually I used pheromones to pressure him and compeled to let me in due to blackmail... Damn, I just wanted to make it quicker and turned out I eventually ****ed everything up. So pity.