PDA

View Full Version : Saving Malik on hardest mode

WarrenSpec
13th Aug 2013, 10:58
While I'm overall very impressed with DX: HR, I wonder if "Give me Deus Ex" mode wasn't just put in there as a joke. I'm at the second China mission and just got shot down by an EMP missile.

Start of fight, I jack up my health to 200. I have a revolver with exploding rounds which drops everyone bar the heavies in one shot. I have a laser sight on it as well, so it's accurate.

I typically last about 20 seconds before being absolutely and utterly annihilated from every direction. This level of difficulty is absolutely and utterly disgusting, disgraceful and impossible to forgive. It's like the programmers just did it to be dicks.

What a totally pointless exercise. The only option is to drop the difficulty level, get through this section, and then boost it up again.

Oh well.

68_pie
13th Aug 2013, 11:36
Have you considered that you are not very good at the game? Or that you need to try a different approach?

Ashpolt
13th Aug 2013, 12:42
I've saved Malik on Give Me Deus Ex. It's kind of challenging, sure, but not anywhere near impossible as you're trying to make out.

JCpies
13th Aug 2013, 13:49
If you lived up to your username you would use wit and tact.

With the revolver it should be easy, just buy some time with non-lethal grenades.

merrick97
13th Aug 2013, 16:45
I got it on Pacifist and Give me Deus Ex mode, too.

It was a pain, but not impossible. I just made sure I had plenty of tranqs and shocks. They key is to take out the heavies first and then the snipers.
Totally possible to do in pacifist and the hardest difficulty.

Shralla
13th Aug 2013, 19:15
I typically last about 20 seconds before being absolutely and utterly annihilated from every direction. This level of difficulty is absolutely and utterly disgusting, disgraceful and impossible to forgive. It's like the programmers just did it to be dicks.

What a totally pointless exercise. The only option is to drop the difficulty level, get through this section, and then boost it up again.

No, you're just not good at the game. I died once in that section. Why don't you try, oh I don't know, not getting shot?

I'm sorry I sound like a prick but I hate it when people come to official forums to compain about something that literally isn't even a problem. If you have to drop the difficulty to get past it, then do it, but it's not the developers' fault that you're bad. Much like every other portion of the game, I beat that using only the pistol.

HERESY
13th Aug 2013, 20:47
I played on the hardest difficulty and I was able to save her. You simply suck at the game.

Jerion
13th Aug 2013, 22:09
Try to avoid exposure to bullets.

Spyhopping
13th Aug 2013, 22:10
I sucked at the game then, cause I couldn't bloody do it on the highest difficulty.

WarrenSpec
14th Aug 2013, 05:28
I sucked at the game then, cause I couldn't bloody do it on the highest difficulty.

At least someone here is honest. Makes a refreshing change from "OMG lolz I beeted the game in 5 minutes using only the stun gun, your'e such a noob lol".

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. My strategy is to cloak for as long a possible, boost health as high as possible, then take out as many guards as possible while maintaining invisibility. This typically gets me killed in under 30 seconds (which is within the invisibility limit when you have it maxed out), although once I lasted until they dropped that bot, but I didn't have any energy left to Typhoon it and it blew me to pieces. I've easily gotten through this part on the easy and intermediate difficulties, but this level is just stupid.

Alternatively...maybe I do suck at this game, but I beat Barrett and that Russian chick first time round on hard mode, and took out the entire Highland Park team first time too, so I can't be that bad. But this is one against ten, all of whom would be tough enough one on one, and you're up against a pretty stiff time limit before they kill Malik.

Lowering the difficulty just for that part feels like cheating, but if that's the only way past, so be it.

Anyway, for everyone else, carry on beating the game with one pistol, one bullet and your own overactive imaginations.

68_pie
14th Aug 2013, 07:25
At least someone here is honest. Makes a refreshing change from "OMG lolz I beeted the game in 5 minutes using only the stun gun, your'e such a noob lol".

Yes, how dare we tell the truth about how we beat the game!

Lob a couple of gas grenades to the far end to incapacitate most of the guards, work your way down the right hand-side either using takedowns or typhoon to deal with groups of enemies, use a gun from cover to kill the guys on the upper platforms, deal with the gassed guys however you want. Takes maybe 60 seconds (obviously requires gas nades and energy but it's not like it's the only solution).

Darthassin
14th Aug 2013, 08:40
If you realy have a need to do it properly search youtube. There is plenty of tactics to save her on give me deus, ex, there.

CyberP
14th Aug 2013, 15:14
but I beat Barrett and that Russian chick first time round on hard mode

I remember the thread you posted before complaining about the Barrett boss battle. You were told to use your head, but apparently you didn't learn anything.
Granted, the Barrett boss battle has some real issues. This section you are currently stuck at? I struggle to find any real issues in the map design. Anyway, level designers should be the target of your rants here, not programmers (well, a bit of both, and playtesters too for not finding this map a "disgrace" in terms of difficulty), but it turns out the hardest difficulty just isn't suitable for you, that you're not up the challenge. It's not exactly a hard game anyway, you have plently options, the power to manipulate time (quicksaves, third person sequences), turn invisible etc.
Anyway, the bashing you have recieved here, not nice, but probably deserved as you claimed that this is a failing of the developers, when it's not, it's a failing of your own.

Shralla
14th Aug 2013, 18:19
Alternatively...maybe I do suck at this game, but I beat Barrett and that Russian chick first time round on hard mode

Except for the part where your first post ever on the forums was about how you just got killed for the tenth time by Barrett on easy mode?

Spyhopping
14th Aug 2013, 18:31
Anyway, the bashing you have recieved here, not nice...

Agreed- no need to give him grief, he's just come here for help so lets be helpful.

HERESY
14th Aug 2013, 19:06
In your first post on this board you said you said:

I chose the easiest level setting and went for the stealthy-hacking approach. I've been killed more times than I can count, and the first boss has just killed me for the tenth time

Then in this thread you said:

Alternatively...maybe I do suck at this game, but I beat Barrett and that Russian chick first time round on hard mode

So you went from being killed 10 times by Barrett on the easiest level then beat him the first time round on "hard mode?"

:lol: And you say others have overactive imaginations?

Your skills aren't up to par. HR was my first Deus Ex title and I beat it on Give Me Deus Ex without changing the difficulty and earned a trophy for it and also earned the trophy for saving Malik. I'm not too fond of first person games and, like I said, HR was my first entry into the series. You've played the other games and still can't manage so I'd say you're the one to blame here.