PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: The Fall Patch 2 LIVE NOW - Android game release confirmed for September!

b1skit
6th Aug 2013, 16:03
Hey guys,

Deus Ex: The Fall Patch #2 is live now - adding iPad 2 support, major AI updates and a slew of additional changes.

Also, a full Android release is confirmed for September!

Full details here: http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/DXTF-Patch-Notes?theme=deusex

Shralla
6th Aug 2013, 18:50
No Windows Phones?

vb4
8th Aug 2013, 12:45
Wouldn't Windows 8/RT make more sense?
I thought this was a tablet game, not one optimized for smartphones.

But yeah, why would you not do the Windows plattform? Because you would need to include non-touch controls?

b1skit
9th Aug 2013, 15:09
That's a fair question - to be honest, I do not know the reason why there will be no Windows 8 phone version (or a blackberry/PS Vita version either). Controls are such a minuscule issue though - they can be programmed for any platform.

What I do know is that the focus is on IOS and Android - Most likely simply due to the majority market share these platforms hold.

CyberP
9th Aug 2013, 15:14
What I do know is that the focus is on IOS and Android - Most likely simply due to the majority market share these platforms hold.

I appreciate your honesty.

I'm OK with all this under one condition: they use the funds and make with it what they believe to be the greatest game of all time on the more suitable platforms. I'm still waiting for that inevitable job offer too. I can bring you profits with a significantly small investment in my vision for DLC! It can even be DLC that is only compatable with the Director's Cut as building on top of it would be wise for the boss battles etc, thus further incentive to buy the DC.