PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the next Tomb Raider should be called?

Pages : 1 [2]

pomeranianpuppy
11th Jun 2014, 01:05
And no one else will "rise to be a tomb raider", so it's again a moot point, heh.

I don't know... While Lara's busy being psychoanalyzed I could see Jonah squeezing on some short shorts, grabbing some dual pistols and stealing Lara's future Tomb Raider crown :whistle:

Metalrocks
11th Jun 2014, 01:22
i also dont have a issue with the title. it sounds long but it also makes sense and i think lots of thinking was involved to come up with that title. to me it clearly indicates that they want to explain laras adventure slowly and thats good in my view. maybe in the third game she will be more confident with some light trauma from the past.
besides, we dont even know what the story will be like.

RybatGrimes
11th Jun 2014, 01:47
I like the title too.

It's funny how a lot of people judge Lara as if she's already a fully developed character. CD has just begun to develop her and her story of how she came about to be a world renowned archaeologist. Remember when we always wondered how Lara came to be the way she was in the old games? WELP. HERE U GO. WE'RE SEEING IT FROM THE START PEOPLE!

Tihocan
11th Jun 2014, 02:00
i also dont have a issue with the title.

I'm also fine with it. My only concern is that the title indicates that it's all about Lara - the story is not of any real bearing other than to promote her.

As long as there's a strong, engaging story (Rhianna's back on this one, right?) then I'm not too concerned with the title.

Tomb Raider: Revengeance (hehe)

Metalrocks
11th Jun 2014, 03:18
I'm also fine with it. My only concern is that the title indicates that it's all about Lara - the story is not of any real bearing other than to promote her.

As long as there's a strong, engaging story (Rhianna's back on this one, right?) then I'm not too concerned with the title.

so was the last game. its obvious that the progression of lara has to be explained. otherwise it would feel a bit out of place if lara is all of a sudden a raider just after being on the island.

d1n0_xD
11th Jun 2014, 08:31

Well, of course it's about Lara, people were complaining she isn't the tomb raider they know, and know that she is or will be, people are complaining again xD I do get what you mean, there should be myths, tombs, villains, but that doesn't mean those 2 stories can't intertwine... You know, external and internal conflict :D And like you said, Rhianna's back so it's gon' be goooooood :D

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 09:18
I don't know... While Lara's busy being psychoanalyzed I could see Jonah squeezing on some short shorts, grabbing some dual pistols and stealing Lara's future Tomb Raider crown :whistle:

lol, then Jonah should be ready to face one meaaaaaaaan little bird.

it sounds long

Pssshhhh. This is a long title:

:D

Elessar78
11th Jun 2014, 21:28
The title is generic and kinda dumb. Doesn't she have to fall before she can rise? And wasn't she already rising in the 1st Tomb Raider? I mean, that was the whole point, a survivor is born. I guess it's meant to illustrate that "real" tomb raiding is about to take place, not just checking out some little caves. Still...

But it's just a title, won't lose sleep over it.

Wondering when we'll see first gameplay, the trailer was neat but it doesn't really inform us much about the game and how it looks. I'm hopeful in December at the VGAs.

Valenka
11th Jun 2014, 21:30
The title is generic and kinda dumb. Doesn't she have to fall before she can rise? And wasn't she already rising in the 1st Tomb Raider? But it's just a title, won't lose sleep over it.

Hmm...did you play the previous game where she went through hell and back to discover who she truly is? That, by context, is Lara "falling" and now in the next instalment, she's rising. Yes, she was already rising in the first TR, but we're meant to ignore that series as it's been started anew.

Personally, I think they could have gone with a better title, but Rise of the Tomb Raider has a certain zing to it that I find appealing.

a_big_house
11th Jun 2014, 21:43
Since we don't have a story thread (yet) and it was just brought up by you two beauties above. I think everyone needs to consider that the Lara we saw at the end of TR9 and the Lara we saw in the TR10 trailer are two different people (emotionally, of course).
We should be asking why is she rising, when she had already risen? (as Valenka just said)
Like it or not, I think that the comics hold the answer - We know issues 7-12 will set the story for TR10 and Rhianna has been co-writing them (/will be).

I'm thinking that in the comics, Lara ends up killing Sam which puts her in the state in which we saw in the trailer and the game will see her 'rising' out of that. Of course, if I'm wrong you can all just forget I said anything :3

Elessar78
11th Jun 2014, 21:43
Yes, she was already rising in the first TR, but we're meant to ignore that series as it's been started anew.

With "1st Tomb Raider" i meant the 2013 title. She was already rising there, so to speak.

Valenka
11th Jun 2014, 21:49
With "1st Tomb Raider" i meant the 2013 title. She was already rising there, so to speak.

To an extent.
Now it seems she's rising further.

BridgetFisher
11th Jun 2014, 22:07
To an extent.
Now it seems she's rising further.
How many games in the series will this "rising" take? I just saw the e3 version of the Lara Croft game where she is running around guns blazing battling mummies and it looks awesome. The whole time I watched it, I wondered why the Tomb Raider games cant be more like this where you raid tombs. I think the names are backwards the Osiris game should be "Tomb Raider" since well it has a tomb and raiding.

Elessar78
11th Jun 2014, 22:12
Of course, if I'm wrong you can all just forget I said anything :3

The internet never forgets. ;)

Yeah, you make a point i've already considered. It could be, that the title refers to the issues she goes through post Yamatai. But i kinda doubt they will make a big deal about it in the actual game. Rather, i believe - like i've said earlier - the title refers to the next step in her evolution, from baby steps to real tomb raiding. Doesn't make it any less generic, though.

LARALOVERnr1
11th Jun 2014, 22:28
Tbh I think the title sucks. Tomb Raider: somethingsomething would've sounded better IMO. Then again, not that I really care about the title anyway. It's about the content!

Daftvirgin
11th Jun 2014, 23:38
Tbh I think the title sucks. Tomb Raider: somethingsomething would've sounded better IMO. Then again, not that I really care about the title anyway. It's about the content!

The Dark Raider Rises :rolleyes:

Tihocan
12th Jun 2014, 01:33
Lara Croft: The Self Raising Flower

IvanaKC
17th Jun 2014, 18:52
Maybe Tomb Raider: Rising? I don't know and doesn't matter as long as it's Tomb Raider: ... :)

d1n0_xD
17th Jun 2014, 19:09
Tomb Raider: Rise of the Boner

Someone had to do it... :p

Valenka
17th Jun 2014, 19:26
pnduol_tr-de2.png (http://pic.driber.net/up/2014/pximee_tr-de.png)

I would have preferred this as a title and look, I created the logo for it. Here you go, Square Enix! :)

LARALOVERnr1
17th Jun 2014, 19:55
pnduol_tr-de2.png (http://pic.driber.net/up/2014/pximee_tr-de.png)

I would have preferred this as a title and look, I created the logo for it. Here you go, Square Enix! :)

I would prefer just Tomb Raider II I think. The style of the logo really makes it recognizable so no need for a subtitle here Imo. Neat logo!

d1n0_xD
17th Jun 2014, 19:59
People were complaining there are 2 Tomb Raiders, no need for 2 Tomb Raider IIs :p

LARALOVERnr1
17th Jun 2014, 20:02
''Tomb Raider: The all-new adventures and tale of how came to be Lara Croft, mademoiselle extraordinaire''

There. End of discussion.

d1n0_xD
17th Jun 2014, 20:22
^ BAMF title, agreed! :D

Metalrocks
18th Jun 2014, 02:12
:lol:
i guess no box cover is needed then because that would pretty much take the whole spot.

d1n0_xD
18th Jun 2014, 07:41
^ Just a black background and the title :lol:

I_Jedi
19th Jun 2014, 00:50
Knew it. TV Tropes is really good at this stuff.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StockSubtitle

TR3 (uh...TR12) will probably be either Tomb Raider Returns or Tomb Raider Resurrection. Tomb Raider: Awakening or Tomb Raider: Legend of Lara Croft are other candidates, with Tomb Raider: Evolution or Tomb Raider: Dawn of the [something] happening if Eidos keeps with the current continuity staying with Lara's origins. Tomb Raider: Genesis is a maybe if the game world looks more Arkham Series.

And despite their similarities, "Legend of" is quite different from "Legend". I didn't guess Chronicles because a previous one has that covered.

a_big_house
19th Jun 2014, 12:25
^ TR11* ;)

But I'm not so sure that they'll go back to "TR:OtherTitle" yet... With the 'Rise' part being before that actually TR part, what if the next game was "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider" (or similar) That way we'd end up back at the (almost) original title format, being "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider: Jungle Booty"

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 14:11
I think after this game they should definitely make a comeback with subtitles underneath the title but without Lara Croft... Just TOMB RAIDER: Curse of the Forbidden; Undead Army; Rings of Darknes; whatever... something that vaguely tells us about the plot :)