PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex The Fall - what's next?

Berr
14th Jul 2013, 13:11
This one is for James Swallow, or anyone at Eidos or N-Fusion, or the mod team to ask them for me...

So I've finished Deus Ex The Fall as released so far, which ends with a 'to be continued'. And the main menu has an 'additional content' menu item with nothing in it yet. All this points to episodic downloads of further content in the future, what I'm really keen to know it the broad strokes of what, when, and how:
-What will we get? New slices of gameplay roughly as big as the start with a new city hub and missions? (That's what I'm hoping for!)
-When will we get it? Obviously you're not going to have a solid date yet, but still I'd be interested to know something ... like is it already in the works at N-Fusion?
-How will we get it? It looks a lot like the next part(s) will be available as DLC within DXTF, is that the plan?

CodenameD
18th Jul 2013, 09:30
Brace yourselves, here comes Microtransactions and Mission Purchases. :P

Casshern
18th Jul 2013, 11:24
This one is for James Swallow, or anyone at Eidos or N-Fusion, or the mod team to ask them for me...

So I've finished Deus Ex The Fall as released so far, which ends with a 'to be continued'. And the main menu has an 'additional content' menu item with nothing in it yet. All this points to episodic downloads of further content in the future, what I'm really keen to know it the broad strokes of what, when, and how:
-What will we get? New slices of gameplay roughly as big as the start with a new city hub and missions? (That's what I'm hoping for!)
-When will we get it? Obviously you're not going to have a solid date yet, but still I'd be interested to know something ... like is it already in the works at N-Fusion?
-How will we get it? It looks a lot like the next part(s) will be available as DLC within DXTF, is that the plan?

yep i want that new content already, probably a big update and a "purchase new story" button in the more content menu, i wonder if it Will take our choices and augmentation updates As well or maybe we Will continue the adventure with Anna?

chabbles
23rd Jul 2013, 17:35
Whats next ?.. why, more milk of course!

"Eidos Montreal GM resigns, cites 'lack of courage' at Square Enix"
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/23/4549044/eidos-montreal-general-manager-resigns

CyberP
23rd Jul 2013, 18:27
What a shame. Best of luck to him finding a new job. I don't know the details other than what I read so that's all I'll say.

sacmonkey
29th Oct 2013, 16:01
Has anyone heard anything since release on new content? I get the feeling the devs look at The Fall like a failure and have scrapped new content. I really enjoyed it thus far and would really hope they just release the rest of the story.

Shralla
29th Oct 2013, 18:10
I get the feeling the devs look at The Fall like a failure

We can only hope.

and have scrapped new content.

But that wouldn't be fair. For your sake I hope you get the rest of the story but I hope they learn from this and don't release any more mobile stuff afterwards.

HERESY
29th Oct 2013, 20:06
They can go the mobile route but I doubt you will even see a sequel.

Smoke43
30th Oct 2013, 15:26
Well who knows what Eidos has developing because when the Eidos GM resigned there was article saying that was 2 games in development i bet one of them is of this games in the Deus Ex Universe maybe another one is in the same