PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Game balance suggestions

Deltajugg
22nd Mar 2014, 23:18
Hi. I decided to make this thread for one simple reason. I want to hear your opinion about current game balance and where does every race currently stand, and find out if I'm like an exception in the larger crowd with my opinion. Are you guys satisfied with the current balance between vampires and humans, do you feel that the way you currently play fits every race? What do you think could be changed to make the high individual skill and proper teamwork more rewarding? What tweaks would you make to make the game more balanced?

I, for example, am currently unsatisfied with where do vampires stand. I thought that being cursed with vampirism was supposed to be equal to being an ultimate killing machine, a race superior to humans. They were supposed to be stronger, faster, immortal with a few weaknesses in exchange, like vulnerability to sunlight and water. Also their evolved claws and strength were supposed to make them invincible in melee combat.
And from what I know it looked like it in Alpha, more or less, but it doesn't look like it anymore. Vampires have been nerfed so much that most of the time there's no benefit of finding a human all alone running to his team, as he'll just keep running, and you can't really outrun him and kill him. Vampires can't deal damage from range, and they are outbursted by every human in melee range. Their health(except for a Tyrant) is lower or even to humans, which really is a pain, as vampire skills expose you to damage from the other humans. If you've been denied during your first initiation and make it out alive, your health regenerates only to a certain point, but way too low to make an impact in the next fight. And now, with recent melee aiming changes, it's even harder to make an impact.

What is it exactly that hurts me alot in vampire gameplay?
Mostly the very fact that vampires are inferior in any way right now when compared to humans. Vampires don't have any fleet foot perk, so they can at the very best be as fast as a human, which makes you unable to chase one down if you can't use your skills at the moment. Their skills deal less damage in many situations than human abilities most of the time, and you can counterplay around them. Tyrant charge can be easily dodged, and you can throw a Reaver off your ally, with vampires being exposed to massive damage in both cases with barely any benefit, but for a great cost, most of the time with Reaver losing 700 health in the process of dealing around 270 damage, if making it alive at all.
So, the superior race is neither faster, doesn't have more health, even though it needs it more, with abilities exposing a vampire to damage from other humans, doesn't have a significant ability damage to make a good impact in the first place, and its abilities have a way to be counterplayed, where most of the time human abilities do not.
And then there comes that thing about their damage potential.
All humans have the benefit of being able to fight in long range, something that vampires simply can't do. One would think then, that vampires damage will be higher in melee range to make up for it, so closing the gap between a human and a vampire would be more rewarding. But it isn't, vampires are easily outscaled when it comes to damage, because whether it is a distant fight or close range, vampires can either deal no damage at all or deal low damage, while humans always deal high damage, as their long range weapons are as effective while fighting someone 50 or 3 feet away from you. And then it comes to current aim-assist changes. Everyone played a shooter at some point in their lives, so they have some experience with shooting overall that has an effect on their human gameplay, but there are only a few games with melee at all, and I believe there's none with Nosgoth's melee mechanics that vampires represent with their very jumpy attacks. Even with all attacks hit, a vampire is outscaled in damage, but it is much easier for, once again, superior race with super speed, strength and claws, to miss their attacks, thus benefiting even less from fighting close range when compared to any human class. I'd really expect vampire gameplay to be more rewarding than it is currently, with their melee being especially one of the cases I'd really look into.

One would say, and many of you probably will, that "teamwork is the key". Sure, of course it is, I say it is essential on both sides, but why is it that vampires are the ones that need their teamwork and synchronisation to be on a way higher level to get the same effect as human race? I mean, it's way harder to synchronise your grenade throwing + charge + pounces and kidnaps at different targets with a bunch of complete strangers with no voicechat than it is do just run away from grenade range, dodge a charge and shoot a Reaver off your ally. Sure, you might even say that a proper synchronisation would be more rewarding for vampires than humans, but it would only be in the case of Mission Impossible level of perfection, something that even pro players have a problem with in different games, and that's with a team they play with alot and a voice chat. In other cases, humans benefit much more from just a decent gameplay, because the average play of a human is more rewarding than the average play of a vampire, actually, the average play of a vampire is not rewarding at all, you really need to play way better than your enemy both as an individual and as a team to get similar results to that of an average human player.

In most of my games I'm a MVP of my team, with top kills, least deaths, tons of assists and around 10-13k dmg (11-17k as a human), that is of course most of the time when there's a fair 4v4 (which btw rarely ever happens recently, last 9 games I had at least 1 afk and/or 1 leaver, but that isn't the point now). But despite all my efforts to assist my allies properly and make the best of the situation whenever I play, I tend to lose alot more games that I think I should (again, AFK/Leaver games aside), and I find playing on the side of vampires much less enjoyable and rewarding than it is the case on the side of humans, even though I was so hyped on playing as a vampire the first time I heard of this game,back when I didn't know there's a 2 round team swap system, when I thought you just choose a side at the start and stick to it. But it is, so I can say this without a burden of lacking knowledge about the pros and cons of one side. I'm saying this as a devoted Tyrant, skilled Hunter, recently aspiring Reaver and Alchemist highly focused on supporting your team: With the game balance as it is, Humans are much easier and more rewarding for less effort when compared to Vampires, period.

So what it is I'd like to see changed in Nosgoth that I believe would somehow make up for the current issues I see in the gameplay:

-Increase vampire speed, to be able to chase down separated enemies
-Increase vampire health, to make up for their exposure to damage during pounce, charge, kidnap
-Make the vampire attacks less "jumpy" (overall, more melee control) or increase melee damage, so the vampires' superiority in melee range will be more than a feature described in the lore.

I know that the changes presented here seem a bit, how should I put it, radical, but this is what I believe would be a good start to make a change. What vampires are currently lacking is individual power of a superior being to be able to take humans 1vs1 (and thus, force the Human side to make an effort of watching their teammates carefully and supporting them). Also, a vampire recieves a much higher punishment for making an ineffective play compared to human, as whether or not they hit someone with their ability, they still expose themselves to human fire, while humans after using the ability can always shoot their gun and still make a benefit. The next I'd like to see would be a way to counterplay human abilities the way you can do it with vampires, but it seems to me like a bit bigger issue, though.

I'd probably say something more about Scout class, but it is something I don't have a full knowledge of, having played him only once (2v4 still managed to deal 12k dmg, so I'm not sure my opinion will be that Scout is a balanced class, though), so until I get to know his point of view better I won't speak specifically about this class much.

What is your opinion about the current game balance? Do you agree or disagree with points presented by me, and why not? What is it you'd like to see changed in the game for more healthy gameplay?

Khalith
23rd Mar 2014, 04:18
Vamps need a bigger hitbox, humans (esp. Hunter) need a damage decrease across the board, and the amount of stuns/CC across the board needs reduction on BOTH sides with increased survivability as compensation. A lot of the problems fit in with just how high the human's damage is, find a lone hunter? He can overpower you alone by just firing crossbow bolts in to you without even using any of his cooldowns. Scout's turret makes attacking a lone target with even more than one vampire incredibly dangerous. Then the alchemist can just spam their cannon when the vamps close the distance, I'm not so down on the alchemist though, they're supposed to be the close range support class, I wouldn't want them nerfed as much as the other two.

Humans are definitely the stronger side right now, vampires are great against teams that aren't good at shooting (people like me, that suck at shooters) but in the hands of players that actually play humans regularly? I don't think the vampires can compete at that level of play. I honestly believe if you took two good players and pit them against each other the human player would always win, I don't count myself in that, I've never been shy about admitting I am terrible at playing humans. But just because I'm bad at them doesn't mean I can't see how good they can potentially be in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing.

Razaiim
23rd Mar 2014, 16:51
Overall I feel that humans are generally in a better spot. They out damage vampires from much further away in many cases. The only real time a vampire has a chance 1v1 is if the human misses a key few shots and has to reload. Vampires also suffer from having very predictable movement, being locked in linear attack animations, climbing animations and such. Some changes I would like to see to shake things up:

General Humans
- All humans now have a crouch, to better hide and set up ambushes, reduces recoil on weapons.
- Sprinting at full speed allows humans to mantle over small barriers, and some windows
- All humans can initiate a rolling recovery or quick rise after being knockdown
- Reduced screen shake from all human explosives, so it is an actual shake, not a screen quake when multiples hit

Hunter
- slight decrease to damage/fire rate across the board, larger clip capacity
- Multibow: reduce spread closer to original 100, heavier recoil from burst fire
- Grenade damage reduced (100 or 150), greater stopping power
- Blinding Shot damage greatly reduced (20 per shot)
- Bola/poison bola: Vampires may now dodge when under the affects of Bola/poison bola
- Hunter gains innate damage reduction (5-10%) due to heavier armor, innate stopping power resist
- Sword removed from model

Scout
- Small damage reductions to charged shots.
- Trap damage mildly reduced, has greater stopping power
- Scout has very slight innately higher run and sprint speed
- Scout may roll at the end of falls, taking no damage from higher elevations. However, damage ramps up at the same pace, and when scouts do take damage from falling, it is equal to damage taken from other classes at same height
(Example) Hunter falls from 150 units up, takes 80 damage, Scout falls from 150 units, takes zero damage, @ 300 units, both take 200 damage
- Sprinting off of ledges gives a small jump, hitting ledges gives a visible climbing animation. The scout would only be able to stay at the same elevation in rare situations, most of the time he would only be able to travel downward
- Grapple: Grapple points adjusted to give scout greater movement using above sprinting jump
- Warbow: unaimed damage reduced to 200. 5th shot returned to clip
- Camouflage: Flame from charged shot now invisible, bow and arrow while sprinting during camo also now invisble

Alchemist
- Sunlight vial clears shadow bomb residue from players outside the radius, and briefly gives some visibility in the cloud
- Flamethrower: Minor stuns/staggers do not auto deactivate flamethrower, pauses cooldown for duration. Knockdowns and incapacitating skills still cancel skill for partial cooldown

General Vampires
-Vampire melee collision properly working
-Vampires may turn in the middle of melee animation
-Minor increase to movement/run speed to all vampires (ideally all vamps but tyrant are just higher than innate scout speed)
-Minor increase to vampire health (Excepting tyrant)
-Vampire Wall climb reworked: Holding shift causes vampires to stay in place. Pressing W moves up, A/D sideways, S causes vampire to kick off wall. Releasing Shift causes vampire to fall like normal
-Vampires gains an attack while dropping

Tyrant
- Innate increase to damage resistance and stopping power resistance
- Slight decrease in health
- Tyrant attacks have wider arcs. Third attack (overhead smash), causes a very minor stun non-damaging stun in a small area. Direct hit still causes regular damage
- Ignore Pain: Damage Resistance reduced
- Jump attack: Now breaks thin geometries such as lamp posts, and beams. (Especially the lamp post on the bridge in Sommerdamm. Please). Continues uninterrupted.
- Jump attack also allows players to grab climbable walls by pressing shift, causes cooldown.

Reaver
-Evasion AoE resistance decreased
-May roll sideways when charging leap/pounce/savage pounce, must fully recharge again
-Pounce breaks geometries such as beams and lamposts, but is interrupted. Savage pounce is uninterrupted. (I have an issue with near invisible geometries stopping my major skills)
-Pounce/Savage Pounce/Leap attack allows players to grab climbable surfaces by pressing shift. Causes cooldown.
-Leap attack allows players to cross rooftops while in leap position
-Innate dodge when inactive or running, at a minimum distance, and source of shot is with in 90 degree arc FoV. 4 charges. Each charge has a cooldown. Cannot passively dodge charged scout shots, or alchemist weapons
-Higher damage threshold to break pounce. No damage threshold to break savage. (So a reaver can and will die if he doesn't actively cancel the skill)

Sentinel
-Echolocation adds a notable blur effect to vision of affected humans. Echolocation also causes the activation screech to echo for affected humans (Can't hear other audio cues such as bombs, growling etc.)
-Speed reduction when kidnapping a human is reduced (Sentinel loses less speed on a successful kidnap)
-Sentinels may drag a human on the floor while kidnapping, at a reduced speed, causing very (VERY) minor damage (Player must manually aim downward). Should allow for indoor kidnapping, without affecting outdoor kidnaps.
-Sentinel no longer automatically re-enters flight when warbow knockdown wears off. Players must do that themselves.
-Take off: Moving causes the sentinel to make a very slight angled take-off in that direction.

Any thoughts on the above? Agree/disagree?

Ygdrasel
26th Mar 2014, 06:40
Hunter damage and range is a bit ridiculous. He's basically a sniper in his own right.

The rest has seemed fairly balanced to me otherwise. Vamp hitboxes could do with enlargement though.

Amothien
2nd Apr 2014, 16:05
I'm enjoying this game thoroughly, but feel like there is a certain lack of balance in some areas.

Vampires

Reavers: I think Reavers are insanely well balanced currently, Except I feel that Evasion should only last 4 seconds, as it is an extreme "Get out of jail free card"

Tyrants: I love the Tyrants setup, but I feel their skills need some tweaks.
Jump Attack: is fairly difficult to land period. If there are buildings, or even placeables in the way it makes it even harder to land. There should either be a targeting circle or some form of aim assist.
Shockwave: should do less damage but be in more of a cone when used.
Ignore Pain: This is a crappy version of "Evasion". It should be -50% damage, you are able to attack and use abilities, lasts 5 seconds with 25 second cooldown. Making a much better initiate and the ability to carry out the fight. The tyrant doesn't look like the type of character to charge in, then run away. It should be hard engage and strong fight potential.

Sentinels seem fine as is. They have a high skill cap, but are deadly if used correctly.

Humans

Hunter:The hunter is a very fun class, very balanced, but I feel like Crossbow Recoil is a bit high. Even with a Recoil Reduction Perk. I'd say lower its base Recoil down about 20% and have the Perk Available to make it even better for those who have troubles still.

Alchemist:The alchemist is good, but due to them having to pay attention to bullet drop and having long reload times, which makes prolonged fights a nearly impossible task. I feel they should have a enhanced RMB skill, similar to the scout. My suggestion is to make a shot with a 2 second charge that will slow the movement speed on ground units by 50% for 3 seconds or prevent altitude gain for Sentinels for 3 seconds. The alchemist has almost no good way of dealing with Sentinels. The Enemy can still use abilities however. Thinking along the lines of a Glue-like Spray.

Scout: The scout is also very balanced in my opinion. Allows for different playstyles with Grappling hooks and stealth. While remaining High Risk / High Reward kind of Character.

Anyway, how does everyone feel about these?

0Exroath0
2nd Apr 2014, 17:22
Vampires

Reavers: I think Reavers are insanely well balanced currently, Except I feel that Evasion should only last 4 seconds, as it is an extreme "Get out of jail free card"

I feel the aim assist pounce needs a little tweak, The anger it causes if I dodge it and then get pulled back to allow it to connect is getting to punch monitor levels at times.

Evasion seems fine at higher levels as players learn to use explosives to deal damage while it is in use

Tyrants: I love the Tyrants setup, but I feel their skills need some tweaks.
Jump Attack: is fairly difficult to land period. If there are buildings, or even placeables in the way it makes it even harder to land. There should either be a targeting circle or some form of aim assist.
Shockwave: should do less damage but be in more of a cone when used.
Ignore Pain: This is a crappy version of "Evasion". It should be -50% damage, you are able to attack and use abilities, lasts 5 seconds with 25 second cooldown. Making a much better initiate and the ability to carry out the fight. The tyrant doesn't look like the type of character to charge in, then run away. It should be hard engage and strong fight potential.

I agree with everything you've said here, I do feel tyrants need a little love.

Sentinels seem fine as is. They have a high skill cap, but are deadly if used correctly.
Imo .. these are perfect .. just certain players need nerfed :P

Humans

Hunter:The hunter is a very fun class, very balanced, but I feel like Crossbow Recoil is a bit high. Even with a Recoil Reduction Perk. I'd say lower its base Recoil down about 20% and have the Perk Available to make it even better for those who have troubles still.

This is where I completely disagree, I honestly think hunters can be to strong solo, and a group of 4 can hold certain areas and destroy anything that comes against them, However the new patch may change things.

Alchemist:The alchemist is good, but due to them having to pay attention to bullet drop and having long reload times, which makes prolonged fights a nearly impossible task. I feel they should have a enhanced RMB skill, similar to the scout. My suggestion is to make a shot with a 2 second charge that will slow the movement speed on ground units by 50% for 3 seconds or prevent altitude gain for Sentinels for 3 seconds. The alchemist has almost no good way of dealing with Sentinels. The Enemy can still use abilities however. Thinking along the lines of a Glue-like Spray.

I see the alchemist as a high skill class which I would call almost balance, The main issue I have is there thrown skills, I believe it takes too long to throw down a flamewall or poison flask. On the sentinel side of things I disagree, You just have to play it smart. If your kidnapped wait for the sentinel to land throw an aoe and fire grenades in the area where it will come. You will kill them 75% of the time.

Scout: The scout is also very balanced in my opinion. Allows for different playstyles with Grappling hooks and stealth. While remaining High Risk / High Reward kind of Character.

The scout .. Stormbows everywhere... The classes are fine .. the weapons just need a little tweak so its not just stormbows on every single scout. Also a limit of 2 per team might be an idea?

Saruwatari
2nd Apr 2014, 17:36
Reaver i feel are really balanced using their original skills, but atm Shadow Step being usable even when bola'd makes it a strong initiate when using the kick ability or disengage when you *****ed up

And personally i really hate Choking Hazard, especially compared to the smoke screen
They both generally serve to split humans from one another, this is especially important when the humans decide to hole up in buildings, but to me the Damage is much too high, especially if there are 2 or more reavers on the enemy team just spamming it.
The Damage becomes really obscene when you get stunned or knocked down in one, which isnt all that hard with a little team coordination.
Edit: like the person above me said, the aim assist sometimes gets you even if you clearly should have dodged that punce

Personally i mostly play Tyrant and i like your ideas for his abilities
But the change to Ignore Pain might shoot him alittle over the top.
Since his main role is to initiate and set up the fight with his stuns and knockdowns, damage isnt all to important for him
So i'd say ignore pain lets him take reduced damage, but his attacks ALSO do less damage or he gets a debuff to his attack speed

Sentinel is pretty hard to play good and is in a good spot i think
Some minor tweaks to airtrike might be nice, also i just got Echolocation and its just pretty meh
Using it should reveal the locations of humans to your whole team, this would be especially handy if you're not playing with friends
Also i haven't really noticed any "decreased Accuracy", when using it in the middle of a fight
I just think this Skill needs some more work and tweaking^^

Hunter should stay as is, the recoil is there so he cant "snipe" from across the map (not like he's doing that already anyway)
I think he's in a good spot, might need some slight damage reduction, especially the grenade

Alchemist is pretty much my favorite class in this game
Don't really have much to complain about here
maybe slightly more damage on the poison cloud

Barely played scout, overall feels pretty good to play as and against, nothing to complain

Well just my opinion^^
Also sorry for the sucky formating

NijayDaeva
5th Apr 2014, 02:46
And personally i really hate Choking Hazard, especially compared to the smoke screen
They both generally serve to split humans from one another, this is especially important when the humans decide to hole up in buildings, but to me the Damage is much too high, especially if there are 2 or more reavers on the enemy team just spamming it.
The Damage becomes really obscene when you get stunned or knocked down in one, which isnt all that hard with a little team coordination.

Totally agree, I feel this way about pretty much all DOT damage like the Alchemists Poison Cloud. You have very little time to react to such high DOT.

I managed to use the Tyrant's jump attack fairly effectively with space to help me land, but it is a strange one. Its biggest flaw is it can't be used indoors - I think this is the only ability that cannot be used inside. Another thing I hate is how long it takes to recover after landing. I suppose that's fair, though.

Calverp
5th Apr 2014, 11:29
Totally agree, I feel this way about pretty much all DOT damage like the Alchemists Poison Cloud. You have very little time to react to such high DOT.

I managed to use the Tyrant's jump attack fairly effectively with space to help me land, but it is a strange one. Its biggest flaw is it can't be used indoors - I think this is the only ability that cannot be used inside. Another thing I hate is how long it takes to recover after landing. I suppose that's fair, though.

I agree about the Choking Hazard, having multiple reavers with this skill becomes a nightmare to fight against, a decrease to the DoT damage would be worth testing, and possibly even a smaller radius.

Speaking of abilities used indoors, I may be wrong but it seems the Scout AE ability works fine indoors (haven't been able to test myself so judging solely from hectic combat situations) which seems a bit odd, considering the context of the ability it should really only affect outdoor areas and stop at the building roofs if used indoors.

Alchemist: Only real complaint I've got is the delay when initiating the flamethrower skill seems to be a fraction of a second too long.

Tyrant: I'd honestly consider adding the Ignore Pain suggestion as a new alternative ability, would be a nice middle ground between IP and Enrage.
I would like to see the Execute ability locked while IP is active too

Scout: Unsure if this already exists, but some kind of time limit on how long they can hold a fully drawn bow

The ground marker while using Tyrant jump attack or the sentinel ground attack would be nice too.

Khalith
5th Apr 2014, 11:43
I feel the aim assist pounce needs a little tweak, The anger it causes if I dodge it and then get pulled back to allow it to connect is getting to punch monitor levels at times.

This, so much this.

I agree with everything you've said here, I do feel tyrants need a little love.

Disagree on jump, in situations where you can't jump you should switch loadout to marathon. There are ways to use jump indoors, you just have to figure out which interiors have high enough ceilings to let you use it still, agree with everything else, especially the ignore pain idea.

Imo .. these are perfect .. just certain players need nerfed :P

I'll have to disagree here. Sentinels do have a high skill cap which is fine, but they lack real defenses. 1-2 good scouts can shut down sentinel entirely and make it a liability rather than an advantage.

This is where I completely disagree, I honestly think hunters can be to strong solo, and a group of 4 can hold certain areas and destroy anything that comes against them, However the new patch may change things.
Recoil isn't the issue with hunter, it's the bolts are still doing too much damage, players can compensate for recoil, a lone hunter can still solo any vamp through sheer dps without the use of cooldowns.

The scout .. Stormbows everywhere... The classes are fine .. the weapons just need a little tweak so its not just stormbows on every single scout. Also a limit of 2 per team might be an idea?

Have to agree, the storm bow is really strong right now, I know options are nice but the storm bow is just superior to the other bows in most situations.

Calverp
7th Apr 2014, 16:52
On the most part it feels balanced. If vamps get destroyed by charging straight into the human team, honestly that feels right. Vampires have numerous tools at their disposal to confuse, disperse and separate humans, along with an array of escape skills. Vampires seem to be entirely designed for hit and run tactics, the health regen adds to this even further.

The main unbalance I see is when there are 2 or more of certain classes on a team, the stacking of certain abilities seem to be too powerful. The most obvious one of these is the Reaver Choking Hazard, but the Scout stormbow/rain of arrows can be just as difficult to overcome.

I agree with most of the things Razaiim mentioned, at the least it would be interesting to try them. I would also add:
Scout: Max time added to holding a drawn bow
Tyrant: Unable to execute while IP is active
Reaver: CH needs decreased damage or smaller radius, possibly both

samonmoose
15th Jun 2014, 21:01
Hi, I've been playing and enjoying the beta, even spent a few quid on skills etc. I used to play the Soul Reaver and legacy of Kain series back in the day and its nice to see the universe brought back in a novel but authentic way.

I do, however, think that there are balance issues which affect the satisfaction and flow of the game. Below are the two changes which I believe would have the biggest impact; of course this is just my opinion, but i'd be curious to see what other people think.

Firstly, due to the very high HP of both the humans and vampires, when playing on either side, I find myself missing out on the killing blow despite having done the majority of the damage, I've had a many instances where I have inflicted well over 10,000 damage but have only finished with a couple of kills. Assist points in no way make up for the satisfaction of getting the kill. I would suggest drastically lowering the HP of both humans and vampires, while maintaining the current damage level of most attacks, except those which inflict 500+ damage. Alternatively using a similar system to BF4, where the kill is shared if another player did the vast majority of the damage, i.e 85% plus, would also work to some extent. This would also force players to play more tactically.

Secondly, this is more out of personal preference, but I think it would be more fun and fit closer with the cannon if the matches were 2 vamps vs 6 humans with the vampires receiving a power boost and the humans gaining defensive abilities i.e. fortification, turrets or alarms etc. Other than the preference of melee vs ranged there isn't really anything that distinguishes the vampire or human experience. Plus it would be nice to feel more of a bad ass playing as a vamp rather than someone who needs to land 4/5 consecutive melee hits to kill a human.

Anyway just my two cents, thanks for reading.

Sanguise23
16th Jun 2014, 14:04
nah i dont think either of these would add fun, and would really screw up balance

Razaiim
16th Jun 2014, 14:06
Yea neither of these need to be implemented sorry

DomoGenesis
22nd Jun 2014, 05:31
Hello Nosgoth and Square Enix.

Give me a break here, and please no one bash me.

Since this is beta we all want it to improve, and we all know it will not happen over time.

My first and well only real issue with this game is simple. Balance.

I see the vampire team is simply too strong. The reaver ability to jump on a human and incapacitate them for some time while mauling them, and than getting up and hitting heavily with those melee attacks seems a little too brisk.

Perhaps add a little more damage to the human team, or at least have good counter abilities. I see ****ty human teams smashing us as soon as they switch to vampire. Just a thought. Maybe I just am not playing the humans right?

Killerspore
22nd Jun 2014, 06:33
The balance in this game is spot on. I have won so many human games, maybe take a look at how you are handling yourself in situations. Prophets are perfect counters to a reaver pounce. I think you just need to play the game more. And for the bad human teams that smash you at vampires just tells me that you need to learn human classes. Work as a team and you will do fine. not a bash, just a little help.

Mythrandor
22nd Jun 2014, 07:33
I think the game is pretty balanced as is.... if you have a good group of Humans that sticks together and plays together... if you have that one dude that runs off into the distance and gets eaten alive... your pretty much done for

On the other hand... if you stick together and each play your role.. you can mess up a team of Vamps