PDA

View Full Version : Will you be buying the director's cut?

KingNL
20th Jun 2013, 16:34
Well?

68_pie
20th Jun 2013, 16:55
Well?

Assuming we already own the vanilla version, yes?

CyberP
20th Jun 2013, 18:30
Not interested.

Going off of the WiiU version I don't agree with the majority of the changes that could make it to the original platforms though more details are needed.

Sincerely doubt I'll change my mind tbh. They have a chance to perfect it but their idea of perfection is not the same as mine...though mine involves a significant amount of redesign.

Tverdyj
20th Jun 2013, 23:22
Mebbe on a Steam Sale. The same way I bought TML.

I've got too many games to play these days to go back to HR just because they tweaked a few things.

CodenameD
21st Jun 2013, 04:54
I'd definitely buy this but not if it's priced too much. I'd prefer a discount or something since I already own the vanilla edition.

Also I wouldn't mind a retail edition.

Mustermann
24th Jun 2013, 09:09
I won;t pay for what is basically a patch to fix something they 'outsourced' to somebody else in the first place. That's a waste of my money, I have completed the game anyway so why would I pay to play again?

If this is a free update, then they will at least earn long term goodwill with people who supported the game already.

MasterTaffer
24th Jun 2013, 16:47
I'm planning on buying the Wii U version so I have an excuse to turn that console on. It's jsut been sitting there since I bought it not doing anything.

besyuziki
24th Jun 2013, 20:13
There's no way I'm buying it for premium price, but DLC price sounds reasonable. A free upgrade would of course be very welcome, but I'm not holding my breath.

If the decision makers are determined to make it a separate release instead of DLC, a discount (a BIG discount) for us who have the original version would be a nice gesture.

ZakKa89
25th Jun 2013, 18:46
20$ for owners of DEHR on PC is acceptable.

hybridex
25th Jun 2013, 20:25
Come on.. it looks great, with the overhauled graphics and boss fights.. you have to support the crew at Montreal..

Shralla
25th Jun 2013, 22:01

I think ten dollars would be much more appropriate, and even then I would wait for a sale, and still might not buy it. $20 is almost half the game over again, and that's pretty ridiculous for what's actually in there.

Reven
25th Jun 2013, 22:27
£12 is my upper limit. Arkane is asking £8 for Dishonored's The Knife of Dunwall expansion so I want to see what content is being offered for whatever the asking price on the Directors cut.

SageSavage
25th Jun 2013, 22:32
I've played through DXHR two times and consider this game pretty much done for me personally. I'll give "The Missing Link" (which was worth it's money) a second run sometimes and then just hope for a new installment. I really don't consider the Director's Cut worth my money.

CyberP
25th Jun 2013, 22:45
overhauled graphics

An extremely minor concern. The last thing that i'd improve.

and boss fights..

OK, that's one thing. Anything else? Where is the list? I've got the WiiU list but few things address DX:HR's problems.

you have to support the crew at Montreal..

Donate in the name of charity? I already done two weeks work with no pay recently, this time I expect something worthwhile in return ;)
I already own the vanilla version. Since then they have gone downhill, including the missing link (but it was still good).

I want to believe in these guys but they are giving me no incentive except the words "be patient". I am not a very patient individual and I worry about the design of what it is I am not so patiently waiting for.

68_pie
25th Jun 2013, 22:46

Considering I payed less than that for the vanilla version...

Doom972
25th Jun 2013, 23:33

Maybe for a new copy. For existing owners, anything above $5 is insulting. It's bad enough if they actually charge for this update.

CyberP
26th Jun 2013, 00:30
Maybe for a new copy. For existing owners, anything above $5 is insulting. It's bad enough if they actually charge for this update.

I wouldn't go that far. It's worth more than that, even if I don't agree with the design its worth way more than that. They have likely spent a good few hundred thousand on the DC. It has no value to me but if you ARE interested in it, it's worth way more than a 5 measly dollars.

Price isn't the issue, its the design...for me. And I'm broke as always.
If I were interested in it i'd cough up a reasonable amount once I felt financially able to do so. It's only fair. They work, they expect results. You are sorely mistaken if you think SE would allow the Directors cut be given away for free or even at $5 anyway.

Mustermann
26th Jun 2013, 13:08
I wouldn't go that far. It's worth more than that, even if I don't agree with the design its worth way more than that. They have likely spent a good few hundred thousand on the DC. It has no value to me but if you ARE interested in it, it's worth way more than a 5 measly dollars.

If I were interested in it i'd cough up a reasonable amount once I felt financially able to do so. It's only fair. They work, they expect results. You are sorely mistaken if you think SE would allow the Directors cut be given away for free or even at $5 anyway.

It's only worth what people are willing to pay, if SE charge for the DC at a unreasonable price, then they shouldn't be surprised if the response is lukewarm. Most People who will ever care for the game would have completed it by now, so there's not much new market (except the WII U crowd) for the DC.

If SE raise the bar and create another decent 4-5 hours DLC (maybe taking place after the ending), then they could charge $20-25 for the upgrade and people would see the value. But right now, it's basically a patch to fix 3 boss fights, a few gameplay tweaks and minor graphic enhancement. I think only the most hardcore fans will pay good money for it, but who knows....

There's just too much unknowns about the DC anyway, no release date, price and distribution outlets. I think SE should just announce it soon because there's some big games out in the next few months, Batman/GTA/SaintRow/WatchDog etc that people will pay attention to already.

Doom972
26th Jun 2013, 14:57

There's very little new content in the Director's Cut (Is there at all?). It's mostly fixes and rebalance. I know standards are low in the video game industry right now but even Activision won't charge for a patch.

CyberP
26th Jun 2013, 15:29
I know standards are low in the video game industry right now but even Activision won't charge for a patch.

Heh.

There is a directors commentary as well for the EM lovers.
New features? New game+, yay! in-game social hub, yay! Eidos really took the franchise to another level :(
Even HERESY has abandoned them :/

hybridex
26th Jun 2013, 18:49
An extremely minor concern. The last thing that i'd improve.

OK, that's one thing. Anything else? Where is the list? I've got the WiiU list but few things address DX:HR's problems.

Donate in the name of charity? I already done two weeks work with no pay recently, this time I expect something worthwhile in return ;)
I already own the vanilla version. Since then they have gone downhill, including the missing link (but it was still good).

I want to believe in these guys but they are giving me no incentive except the words "be patient". I am not a very patient individual and I worry about the design of what it is I am not so patiently waiting for.

You crack me up.. well said, however..

Tverdyj
27th Jun 2013, 03:08
It's only worth what people are willing to pay, if SE charge for the DC at a unreasonable price, then they shouldn't be surprised if the response is lukewarm. Most People who will ever care for the game would have completed it by now, so there's not much new market (except the WII U crowd) for the DC.

If SE raise the bar and create another decent 4-5 hours DLC (maybe taking place after the ending), then they could charge $20-25 for the upgrade and people would see the value. But right now, it's basically a patch to fix 3 boss fights, a few gameplay tweaks and minor graphic enhancement. I think only the most hardcore fans will pay good money for it, but who knows....

There's just too much unknowns about the DC anyway, no release date, price and distribution outlets. I think SE should just announce it soon because there's some big games out in the next few months, Batman/GTA/SaintRow/WatchDog etc that people will pay attention to already.

What ending? Adam died after letting Pangea explode!

now, about that Montreal Hub we were all hoping for....

CyberP
27th Jun 2013, 13:41
Well, this helps the argument of those who demand it for free: http://www.oxm.co.uk/57153/microsoft-stops-charging-developers-to-update-xbox-360-games/

Now it can really be a "patch" :)

hybridex
27th Jun 2013, 18:06
What ending? Adam died after letting Pangea explode!

now, about that Montreal Hub we were all hoping for....

What's this Montreal Hub you're talkin about.. aye?

Doom972
27th Jun 2013, 20:34
What's this Montreal Hub you're talkin about.. aye?

Originally, there was supposed to be another "hub" area (Like Detroit and Hengsha), and that was supposed to be Montreal. In the end, they didn't have enough time to complete it (I don't think that they said how much of it, if at all was completed). I think that it was supposed to lead up to the mission at the Picus building.

Many people (me included) were hoping that it would be added as DLC, but that never happened.

KingNL
29th Jun 2013, 18:43

Hey, you found me the 60 euro collector's edition of HR back in 2011, you think you can do it again with the director's cut? :p

hybridex
29th Jun 2013, 19:19
60 euros.. yeah, I can see that..

Mustermann
3rd Jul 2013, 16:33
Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/01/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-dated-for-september-30th-and-priced-at-29-99-by-gamestop/

"Update: Square Enix told us that they have not announced a release date or pricing for the Director’s Cut as of yet, so take the EB Games listing as a rumor for right now.

Original Story: Well, without hearing official news from Square Enix just yet, it looks like retailers have leaked all the important information still left for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut.

According to both GameStop/EB Games Canada and Amazon, the game on PS3 and Xbox 360 will cost $29.99 (still priced at $49.99 for Wii U though), with EB Games Canada giving it a release date of September 30th, aka 1 week after Grand Theft Auto V. "

Amazon Product Listing:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BORFD9Q
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Revolution-Directors-Nintendo/dp/B00BYNN8K6

No mention or listing for the PC version, maybe the PC version is a patch or paid DLC.

Legacy Controls
16th Jul 2013, 09:50
Yes, I would happily buy the game again, at full price, IF they allowed 360/PS3 users to change the damn controls so I can use the Legacy control scheme. I am sick of buying games only for me to not be able to play them at 100% enjoyment and ability due to the fixed controls.

How hard is is to include the option to use Legacy Controls? Invisible War allowed me to use Legacy Controls and I loved it as a result. HR I couldn't aim or move nearly as well.

It ruins games for me when I can't use those controls. I wish I could make that known to all programmers.

starise
18th Jul 2013, 00:54
it really should be free, no doubt. But I would be willing to pay at most a dlc price

HERESY
18th Jul 2013, 21:18
It shouldn't be free. If EM does it how CAPCOM is doing the new Street Fighter, $14.99 should be the lowest they charge. However, I think tech issues will prevent them from doing it so I'll sit back and wait.

Shralla
19th Jul 2013, 02:07
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/cd-projekt-reds-winning-formula-focus-respect-gamers/

CD Projekt Red produced the first game then The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, followed by The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition. Rather than charge PC players for the Enhanced Edition content, CD Projekt offered the DLC up for free. Iwinski said this choice was made because "we think we could have done better" so "here it is."

Some may wonder why CD Projekt Red would offer the content for free and not charge for it, to which Iwinski replies, "I think the value in the whole proposition is that we are honest, straightforward, and fair, and this pays back. So you can call it a business model, in a way."

HERESY
19th Jul 2013, 07:05
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/cd-projekt-reds-winning-formula-focus-respect-gamers/

Thanks for posting what I've said in many classic posts.

So you can call it a business model, in a way.

You see that? That's what I've been saying and they just confirmed it. They have a different business model than SE/EM just like they have a different one from Activision. Just like they have a different one from Capcom. Just like they have a different one from Epic. From Bethesda, from Naughty Dog, from Konami, from Ubisoft and most developers so it's FOOLISH to beg, moan and groan for free content, compare and contrast their business model to others and expect free gods just because they utilize a certain business model.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421783,00.asp

Dubbed Ultra Street Fighter IV, the game includes five new characters and six new stages that will arrive for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC after the new year.

Gamers who already own Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition can pick up the DLC expansion pack for $14.99. The title will also hit stores as a disc-based release, with a $39.99 price tag.

Like I said before in a couple of classic posts, if companies listened to some of you people they'd go belly up.

CyberP
19th Jul 2013, 08:43
You see that? That's what I've been saying and they just confirmed it. They have a different business model than SE/EM just like they have a different one from Activision. Just like they have a different one from Capcom. Just like they have a different one from Epic. From Bethesda, from Naughty Dog, from Konami, from Ubisoft and most developers so it's FOOLISH to beg, moan and groan for free content, compare and contrast their business model to others and expect free gods just because they utilize a certain business model.

Groan.

aRadiatedNoodle
26th Jul 2013, 06:23
I'd be more willing to purchase the game again if the audio delay bug on the PC version is fixed :( .

Shralla
26th Jul 2013, 06:57
Or the iron sight misalignment. Or the corner cover bug. Or any number of other ridiculous bugs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YyQtv9vWk0) that exist in the game.

hellrasinbrasin
26th Jul 2013, 09:42
I have no problem with paying FULL Price for the "Director's Cut". I say this because its very rare that a Publishing Company and or Design team will take the time to return to a game months after its initial release to do a complete "over haul" of a game.

chabbles
29th Jul 2013, 06:50
HR is my favorite game this gen hands down, followed by Fallout entry's. But i can only see myself picking up the directors cut if it releases before GTA5, which will hold alot of people over until the next gen systems release ...

What i would like to know is, if a person owns HR and the missing link.. then what exactly does the directors cut offer ?, apart from the changes to the boss battles, something i didnt have any issues with at all.
I would really like to know the exact differences between HR/Missing link and the Directors cut.

TheYouthCounselor
29th Jul 2013, 09:35
Excluding DLC, I already bought Human Revolution 6 times!

-One European PC pre-release copy as a birthday present for my cousin who was obsessed with the first Deus Ex. His NewEgg order of the original release came with two CDS and two manuals for some reason. So I got the extra copy, and wanted to pay him back after all those years. (I wonder if anyone got an empty box by mistake.)
-One PS3 copy for my friend.
-One Greenman Gaming copy for myself. (Canceled)
-One Steam Copy for myself because I wanted the TF2 items.
-Three extra Steam copies on three separate occasions because I had poor impulse control during Steam sales.

I'll see if the extra content is worth it first. Redone boss fights piqued my interest, but just having redesigned levels isn't enough for a done deal. However if Eidos:
- fine tunes some of the whacky animations
- includes real time rendered cinematics to replace the poorly compressed and pre rendered ones from the game.
- allows players to avoid obvious traps set for story purposes. (The fight with Barrett, Zhao's office, the showdown with Namir.)
- gives extra options such the ability to spare bosses for alternate story paths (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137345)

....then it's an automatic buy and Eidos Montreal would join VALVe in the ranks of insidious companies that have mastered how to game me for money instead of me simply paying money for games.

Also, I know I'm dreaming, but I'm still praying for the possibility of a SDK. DICE and Ubisoft have been known to deliver such gifts long after release.

Jambo_11
3rd Sep 2013, 00:38
Yes, I will buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut at full price, but only if it isn't reliant on Steam.

I have no problem with Steam, but, if I purchase a physical copy of a game, I expect it not to require a secondary piece of software.

With that being said, since it probably will run through Steam, I shall wait until it goes down in price.

Wasowski
23rd Sep 2013, 09:34
I'm not going to pay again for this game. I've bought all Deus Ex Collection(http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15147/) on Steam.
This 'new' edition contains FOR ME only integrations of DLC (that i've already have) and bugfixes.
And i remember The Witcher Director's Cut was for free. And i know that i can count on CD Projekt in the future. But Eidos Montreal...I will wait and see.
People who don't have Missing Link should pay for this edition.