PDA

View Full Version : Achievements in Directors Cut?

Deus.EXE
19th Jun 2013, 17:15
Does anyone know at the moment how the Directors Cut will handle acheivements/trophies for the 360/PS3? Will it reuse Human Revolutions list in either a copy/paste sort of way, or change the achievements all together? That, or will simply loading the game in the system act as if you were loading the original Human Revolution?

Let me give you a few examples-
Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham Asylum(GotY) acted as two separate games on gamer profiles, even though they were exactly the same outside of an added 3D mode. They simply copy/paste'd the achievements, giving gamers twice the same achievements if they were so inclined to play through it again.
However, Dragons Dogma and Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen act as if they are the same exact game on gamer profiles, even though DD: Dark Arisen changes a large bit of the vanilla game and even adds an expansion. If you were to play Dragon's Dogma and get half the achievements, you could then load up Dark Arisen and finish the same list.

CodenameD
20th Jun 2013, 05:58
I have a strong feeling that The Director's Cut will have it's own set of achievements, even if you know you've already done those in the vanilla edition. I say this because it is believed that saved games from the original cannot be ported over. So neither can achievements.

merrick97
21st Jun 2013, 17:34
I have a strong feeling that The Director's Cut will have it's own set of achievements, even if you know you've already done those in the vanilla edition. I say this because it is believed that saved games from the original cannot be ported over. So neither can achievements.

I hope this is the case.

I would LOVE to re-earn all the achievements in the Directors Cut.

Please remove the achievement that requires the basketball!

CodenameD
22nd Jun 2013, 05:54

No! please Dont do that! I know it's difficult but it's a nice touch added to the game for fans of the original.

If you are having problems putting the ball through the basket, try stacking up boxes and drop the ball from as close as you can.

CyberP
22nd Jun 2013, 10:43
No! please Dont do that! I know it's difficult but it's a nice touch added to the game for fans of the original.

And System Shock 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJgPv2R8DQ#t=00m31s)

I hope this is the case.

I would LOVE to re-earn all the achievements in the Directors Cut.

2 Posts, both regarding achievements and nothing else. You achievement hunting clowns drive me nuts, get out.

Jerion
22nd Jun 2013, 19:09
Funny detail, as this isn't your personal forum this person is under no obligation to do any such thing. :p

hybridex
26th Jun 2013, 19:09
Not that I am an achievement hunting clown, but I think it would be cool for the Director's cut to have additional trophies and achievement. It would add a bit more intrigue to an already legendary game. Yes.. I said legendary..

Darthassin
27th Jun 2013, 14:53
Not that I am an achievement hunting clown, but I think it would be cool for the Director's cut to have additional trophies and achievement. It would add a bit more intrigue to an already legendary game. Yes.. I said legendary..

Agreed. Even with its flaws the game is badass. Reinventing achievements would be cool.